Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

I've been reliably informed that seeing someone with two phones means they are a criminal and must be reported to the police. Dialing 999 on Jaeluni as we speak.

In Egypt it usually means its a guy with two (or more) foreigner women on the go at once.

Page snipe: 128Gb the size of SD card that my phone won't read.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The final boss of the phones.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Pistol_Pete posted:

Some optimistic Omicron news from South Africa :)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/omicron-fuelled-fourth-covid-wave-has-passed-says-south-africa-as-it-eases-restrictions

Hopefully, January isn't going to be the bloodbath that some people have been worrying about over the last couple of weeks.

The main unknown is whether the hospitalisation rate will be different between SA, where most of the built-in immunity comes from infections during previous waves, and other countries like the UK or Aus where most of the immunity comes from vaccinations.

But it is a hopeful sign yeah.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMlQEWEg2Q

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Angepain posted:

I've been reliably informed that seeing someone with two phones means they are a criminal and must be reported to the police. Dialing 999 on Jaeluni as we speak.

Nah two phones is perfectly normal.

Three phones? That's means they are totally a drug dealer.

So my wife got three phones (her personal one, one for work and then another one that she uses for her training and counselling that she wants to do full time.)

Naturally I put all three numbers into my phones contact as separate entries and put the third phone down as "(wife's name) drug dealer phone."
And for the picture, I took a photo of a heron that lives around our home.

Podcast talk: The latest Podcasting is Praxis episode dropped. Big shout out to the crew for dropping a reference to Microprose's Covert Action in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jugvHKZzS-Y

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

Some optimistic Omicron news from South Africa :)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/omicron-fuelled-fourth-covid-wave-has-passed-says-south-africa-as-it-eases-restrictions

Hopefully, January isn't going to be the bloodbath that some people have been worrying about over the last couple of weeks.

I'll sound one note of caution which is that South Africa is in the middle of summer and enacted restrictions, we're in the middle of winter and YOLO seems like official policy now.

However cases in London *look* like they've plateaued (London's Omicron wave kicked off a week earlier than the other cities and two weeks before the regions) despite Christmas - but I know a lot of people isolated before Christmas. I reckon by this time next week we'll be able to say definitively whether or not we dodged a bullet.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1476829494677811200

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I'm now on day 8 of covid. At no point have I been particularly sick so I was hoping it'd be over quick but I seem to have just plateaued at this low level I can't quite get over.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'll sound one note of caution which is that South Africa is in the middle of summer and enacted restrictions, we're in the middle of winter and YOLO seems like official policy now.
one of the guys advising The Saj was a signatory of the Great Barrington Declaration, so don't get your hopes up for this changing either

well, the YOLO bit. winter will come and go as usual*

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Something about the idea of a royal going to Pizza Express is really funny.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

If this somehow ends with Prince Andrew jogging on a treadmill in court I will forgive our simulation overlords

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm now on day 8 of covid. At no point have I been particularly sick so I was hoping it'd be over quick but I seem to have just plateaued at this low level I can't quite get over.

I'm on Day 6 (but I think really Day 7) and yeah just have low-level back ache and a mild cough but honestly it's fine. My O2 sats never really dropped below 98, though I've occasionally gotten wild HR spikes to like 110bpm when I'm just watching TV, which was a bit unsettling but ultimately ok

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Something about the idea of a royal going to Pizza Express is really funny.

Sorta makes you question the point of a Royal if they're allowed to do normal things like going to Pizza Express.

Yes, I know there's no point of a Royal

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Speaking of Royals I see Prince William has been trending on twitter again the last few days.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was actually in Woking the day after that news broke and we were all bemused. Wrong side of the city to visit it though so we just went to the local spoons (The Herbert Wells) instead.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

blunt posted:

If this somehow ends with Prince Andrew jogging on a treadmill in court I will forgive our simulation overlords

I believe he claims that he used to not sweat, but has now recovered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

blunt posted:

Speaking of Royals I see Prince William has been trending on twitter again the last few days.

Who's he shagging this time?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I believe he claims that he used to not sweat, but has now recovered.

Yes he conveniently lost the ability during the period of time where he was accused of profusely sweating after visiting a nightclub.

Looking forward to further details to emerge where he's into scat play and he denies it by saying his Falklands trauma also robbed him of the ability to poo poo until 2012.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A member of the Royal Family , with entourage, security detail etc wandering into your pizza restaurant would be a big loving deal. You’d think at least one member of staff would have come forward by now to say they remembered it. Hell. I haven’t waited tables since I was a student in the mid 90s but I can still remember Katie Price coming in and getting mad because she couldn’t have peas with her steak

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The olympic games healed him.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Why wouldn't you give her the peas?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Who's he shagging this time?

Nobody new, it's the Rose Hanbury thing rearing its head again. And that is a reference to the event, not to Rose Hanbury.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/1476872677705015301

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmbo by the way that tesla is recalling half a loving million cars because they go on fire.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

lmbo by the way that tesla is recalling half a loving million cars because they go on fire.

No they don't, a wire maybe gets worn out

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Not caring so much he has to tweet about it on an annual basis, I see.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Extremely Normal

Woke up in the night feeling pretty lovely, chums. Had been unusually tired yesterday but put it down to a lot of late nights recently. Sweaty, sore throat, headache, some joint pain.

Three LFTs this morning negative but I'm hiding in my room for now. I'd say "typical that it had to happen at my parents' house" but then it never would've happened in the first place if I were home.

Not the way I wanted it to go, but I suppose it was inevitable.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

Extremely Normal

Woke up in the night feeling pretty lovely, chums. Had been unusually tired yesterday but put it down to a lot of late nights recently. Sweaty, sore throat, headache, some joint pain.

Three LFTs this morning negative but I'm hiding in my room for now. I'd say "typical that it had to happen at my parents' house" but then it never would've happened in the first place if I were home.

Join us, brother. Surf the tsunami

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was sure I had caught it yesterday because some idiot wandered into urgent treatment asking what the text message she had gotten being told to isolate meant, and also she found out her sister had covid on boxing day and she had dinner with her so can she have some LFTs please.

The nurse doing my obs in the corner sort of looked up, then looked at me, and we did the wonderful moment of human contact where you are both overhearing the most stupid person on the planet showing their whole arse and all you can do is look at each other knowingly. Needless to say she was told that the text to isolate and also the having dinner with your covid positive sister means you need to loving isolate not wander into the loving urgent treatment center asking for help with your phone.

But mercifully I think I just slept bad because I'm fine today and LFT was negative. Booster in a couple of hours so hopefully that will help.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I can't wait to be a big massive celebrity so I can finally be free of being served peas

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Failed Imagineer posted:

lol

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Extremely Normal

Sorry mate. If it helps I think we've all got it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w6FV8P7HXg

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

Extremely Normal

My LFT's are all normal but the PCR I had a few days ago says I'm positive. There are rumours that Omicron doesn't show up on LFT's.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Aren't there a couple of religions/sects who are allowed to opt out of jury duty because they believe that judgement is only for god to deliver?

If you have one of those "only god can judge me" tattoos they let you off both jury service AND defendant service.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

I was sure I had caught it yesterday because some idiot wandered into urgent treatment asking what the text message she had gotten being told to isolate meant, and also she found out her sister had covid on boxing day and she had dinner with her so can she have some LFTs please.

The nurse doing my obs in the corner sort of looked up, then looked at me, and we did the wonderful moment of human contact where you are both overhearing the most stupid person on the planet showing their whole arse and all you can do is look at each other knowingly. Needless to say she was told that the text to isolate and also the having dinner with your covid positive sister means you need to loving isolate not wander into the loving urgent treatment center asking for help with your phone.

But mercifully I think I just slept bad because I'm fine today and LFT was negative. Booster in a couple of hours so hopefully that will help.

Last summer my mother rang her self-isolating friend to see if she needed anything. During the conversation it emerged her friend didn't realise that self-isolating meant "don't leave the house" and had still been merrily wandering around supermarket.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No they don't, a wire maybe gets worn out

Which causes an electrical short. Which are a common cause of... fires.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

We caught it from someone who had a negative LFT. Ours, on the other hand, were positive.

Can't be 100% sure of course ut we had dinner with someone who had symptoms and a negative LFT but didn't say a couple weeks ago. Dick move tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Some of the (anecdotal) evidence seems to be that it dodges the nasal-only LFTs and you should swab your tonsils as well for a more accurate reading.