Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Just make sure to auto them three times before you use an ability.

I'm going 0 9 5 vs Cait. I'm too bad to use this weird trick.

edit: ended up 0 11 5, with 3.7 cs. The other bot duo (varus/panth vs cait/rakan; im a bronze adc) just walked up and did whatever they wanted.
I was hoping for free kills. Will give another try but even csing was hard
edit2: also I went first strike and I think that was a terrible mistake

Char fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ap varus belongs in a solo lane

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Oh. :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nah he's great in a duo. Play kinda safe until 6 and allow your support to dictate engages. Once you have ult, you can HoB 3 autos then ult them, detonating a fully charged blighted quiver and then start winding up a w-buffed q. Once they have three stacks of Quiver from your ult then release. They will die unless your support is asleep or they have Cleanse up.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I'm struggling to see a scenario other than an allin where you are allowed to hit the enemy three times before throwing an ability

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seraphine has made me hate Yasuo with the fury of ten thousand suns. Auto-ban, no variations

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't think Crown of the Shattered Queen is very good. I know it's the same cooldown and rules as Banshee's Veil but it just feels way too long and it's too easy to reset it via a random 10 damage poke ability.

Between Crown and Axiom Arc I think assassins came out way ahead of mages here.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
AP Varus seems like he fills an identical role as ArPen Varus. If you want to do Varus mid as AP why not play something that actually has multiple AP ratios and is a hyper long range champ like Xerath or Ziggs? Or even Lux?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Servaetes posted:

AP Varus seems like he fills an identical role as ArPen Varus. If you want to do Varus mid as AP why not play something that actually has multiple AP ratios and is a hyper long range champ like Xerath or Ziggs? Or even Lux?

Ap varus is fun because of the bonkers insane damage numbers you make appear over a chogaths head right before he dies

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think Crown of the Shattered Queen is very good. I know it's the same cooldown and rules as Banshee's Veil but it just feels way too long and it's too easy to reset it via a random 10 damage poke ability.

It is by far the most efficient statstick mythic if you like the stats - and the active on it is very powerful if you actually get to use it. Seems like it should have niche uses where its really strong.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Let's talk about the real winner of the preseason, that's right, shadowflame

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I'm playing on the rift regularly for the first time in, like, 2 years (ARAM baybee) and playing some new champs as support to try to reinvigorate my enthusiasm for the game.

Playing Brand, he pretty much always pushes the wave, right? Feels precarious but I don't feel like I'm doing anything particularly wrong with my W

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Boxman posted:

Playing Brand, he pretty much always pushes the wave, right? Feels precarious but I don't feel like I'm doing anything particularly wrong with my W

If you're playing at peak you line up W so it doesn't hit any minions. If you all in or full combo you will inevitably damage minions with E but otherwise you shouldnt just be throwing out W so it eats full minions.

Supports like Brand + Xerath + Lux deal a lot of damage in lane but push the lane if you're careless which opens you up to ganks, but the best ones are able to avoid minions and keep the lane mid / frozen which allows you to potentially all in for kills with your jungler or just 2v2.

If you do push make sure you ward deep so you have enough time to get your slow rear end back to the tower.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Literally saved a game by shrooming our open nexus to gently caress and getting a triple kill post death, winning us the next fight and the game. Highlight of 2021.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Biplane posted:

Literally saved a game by shrooming our open nexus to gently caress and getting a triple kill post death, winning us the next fight and the game. Highlight of 2021.

Right under the buzzer.

I did this:

https://i.imgur.com/Ylz1Ll9.mp4

Nice ult kindred, it'd be a shame if I were to..knock you out of it and use it for myself :greencube:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 1, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is there a system that can tell you what enemy champions you lose against the most? I feel like i win like 20% of my games where the opponent takes Lee Sin and I want to see if that bears out so I know who I should be using my one ban on.

Lmao, teammate rage quit because they misflashed, gave up first blood. Buddy, that game was 100% winnable what the gently caress why turn that into a for sure loss in the mode that actually tracks wins and losses??

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 1, 2022

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Barudak posted:

Is there a system that can tell you what enemy champions you lose against the most? I feel like i win like 20% of my games where the opponent takes Lee Sin and I want to see if that bears out so I know who I should be using my one ban on.

Lmao, teammate rage quit because they misflashed, gave up first blood. Buddy, that game was 100% winnable what the gently caress why turn that into a for sure loss in the mode that actually tracks wins and losses??

League of Graphs typically can give you that kind of data but I believe it only goes off of your champion pick versus what is likely your lane opponent. For example, my data for Dr Mundo at the bottom shows me I easily stomp Master Yi but I fair poorly with a Xin or Kha'zix. Of course don't take everything as gospel because there's an element of four other players that could be responsible for your losses being that high against X champ, or it could be you personally playing badly against it.

Anyway, my profile for example: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/summoner/champions/drmundo/na/Gromp+Hellscream/all

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Char posted:

Im tryingg ap varus but laning is impossible

even the red comet can not win lane as ap varus...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks for the league of graphs link. Sadly I realized in hindsight what I need it for is Wildrift and that clearly is not as simple to do.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

behold peak performance playing adc during the level 1 invade:

https://i.imgur.com/eQ6CTDM.mp4

unrelated but pug'maw owns

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Barudak posted:

So I've decided the flaw of people in Gold/Plat level is being unable to grind out a win. I know theres no clock to run out like other sports but if you just play safely and sensibly like you have been early advantages can be kept to late game. So it takes you two trips to down their tower instead of one where three of you also die, thats fine. Theres no rush

I definitely see this where I am. People seem to lack a sense of where they are in the game, and will take silly risks when they are ahead.

There is just a natural logic that you don't take longshot risks when you have the game in band, but I have seen countless games lost because people have to try to go solo a tower or get 3v5d in an unwarded jungle when all they had to do is go as a team and press their advantage rationally.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
oh did you get to plat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tell me more about Aphelios, the Weapon of the Faithful.

With the new Lethal Tempo changes it seems like there's no real benefit in putting points in attack speed early, so you want to boost lethality -> attack damage for lane, yes?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

With the new Lethal Tempo changes it seems like there's no real benefit in putting points in attack speed early, so you want to boost lethality -> attack damage for lane, yes?

most idiot pubbies don't know how to deal with him so if you can figure him out to any quasi-competent point you've won bot lane all the way up to diamond

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm pretty sure you want to max AD first, but yeah it's attack speed last. Lethality scales off of levels (it's a dumb as heck formula) so it's not as useful at the start

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

proud owner of prestige debonair brand. :pcgaming:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Degenerate. Only war criminals play Brand.

.....on the other hand, throwing sustained fire damage is literally a war crime, so, maybe I shouldn't shame people for finding their spirit animal. I'm just jealous there's not a champion of being mad on the Internet.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Degenerate. Only war criminals play Brand.

.....on the other hand, throwing sustained fire damage is literally a war crime, so, maybe I shouldn't shame people for finding their spirit animal. I'm just jealous there's not a champion of being mad on the Internet.

that's Teemo. or maybe he's more the champion of making people mad on the internet

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Teemo's not that aggravating, but I mostly play ARAMs. ARAM is probably why I hate Brand, since everyone is basically stacked on each other like sardines. With Teemo, hey, if that little guy can beat me or save his team with blinds, then he earned it. If he mines the entire base and the other team is dumb enough to keep blowing up the shrooms, he deserves it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i don't think you can beat the old staples of Singed and Shaco in terms of salt production

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my shaco plays are so cool the enemy doesnt even get mad, they are just legitimately impressed. not even making this up to brag, this literally happens

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
so i looked at some w/es last night and i guess i played with or played at gold max and plat in unranked

what was i looking at

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Teemo's not that aggravating, but I mostly play ARAMs. ARAM is probably why I hate Brand, since everyone is basically stacked on each other like sardines. With Teemo, hey, if that little guy can beat me or save his team with blinds, then he earned it. If he mines the entire base and the other team is dumb enough to keep blowing up the shrooms, he deserves it.

Teemo in aram sucks because the automatic super sweeper every other wave makes it hard to play around teemo's True Strength, doom shrooms. Nothibg in the universe tastes better than the tears of a yone player dying to one shroom which i placed right outside the one way gate into their base

Malah
May 18, 2015

It's even better on the second round when he walks right back out the same gate. :getin:

Malah fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 4, 2022

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm58XlgsFAs

Char
Jan 5, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

even the red comet can not win lane as ap varus...

The Red Comet is pretty bad at this game, he can't resist the impulse to play like it's an arpg and right click everything

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why isn't Navori Quickblades built on Samira?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kassadin

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why isn't Navori Quickblades built on Samira?

its incredibly expensive and doesnt actually provide enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/champion/zeri

new champion appearance and brief lore tidbit, nothing on the kit yet