Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

blatman posted:

isnt like 2/3 of the country experiencing "your flesh will freeze in minutes" coldness right now

probably, but it's a balmy 5° here in the GTA, so who's to say if it's bad or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
New Quebec rules, starting tomorrow:

-Restaurants have to close their dining rooms, food to-go only
-Stores have to close on Sundays
-Curfew from 10pm to 5am
-Interior sports are not permitted except a few exceptions
-Primary school restarts January 17

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
it's wel known covid only infects people on sundays and after dark

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ontario is hitting record highs every day, but they decided this was the right time to loosen isolation procedures, and after every media outlet and medical expert they had on spent the week ridiculing the Americans for the exact same decision?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Ontario is hitting record highs every day, but they decided this was the right time to loosen isolation procedures, and after every media outlet and medical expert they had on spent the week ridiculing the Americans for the exact same decision?

thats our boy Dougie

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Qubec back into curfew. After Christmas, lol.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Frosted Flake posted:

Ontario's is somehow worse. I don't think there's anywhere in the US where you're literally not allowed to get a test if you're symptomatic.

Did the states do the "oh and it looks like 'close contact' now means literally lives with you, that person you spend 8 hours with at work is just a fleeting encounter and is fine to come in tomorrow"

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

enki42 posted:

Ontario's is somehow worse. I don't think there's anywhere in the US where you're literally not allowed to get a test if you're symptomatic.

Did the states do the "oh and it looks like 'close contact' now means literally lives with you, that person you spend 8 hours with at work is just a fleeting encounter and is fine to come in tomorrow"

It's got to be the dumbest loving decision yet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im gonna sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist when i explain to people that ontario stopped testing people because there were too many cases so they gave up and then changed isolation guidelines to follow the CDC which was just doing it because the CEO of Delta Airlines asked them to, but that is literally what just happened

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

enki42 posted:

Well as I discovered last week - they have shut down all of the voluntary isolation units outside Toronto and Ottawa, so it only makes sense that they want to be able to claim that virtually no one is a close contact.

CBC also said Ontario will be differentiating between in hospital from covid and in hospital with covid, which - correct me if I'm wrong - was a Trump talking point ridiculed on CBC just last year. I all but guarantee that only the "from" number will be published going forward too.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
the level of incompetence being displayed everywhere recently is starting to make me wrap around all the way to thinking that we're actually in the deus ex timeline and this is really a deliberate attempt by part of the illuminati to kill people and openly assert control, all of it using the cover of staggering stupidity

i mean yes the obvious explanation is that governments are doing the bidding of capital as decided by short-sighted coked-up executives, but maybe that's just what they want you to think

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bob Page posted:

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Albino Squirrel posted:

You gotta make sure you're going in for the right procedure; there's a vas differens between an orchiectomy and a simple vasectomy.

:golfclap:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

mediaphage posted:

strong indicas. id also pick up something thats very high in cbd and low to no thc since i find it helps out for if weed makes your anxiety worse.

Me, to weed shop technician: "I normally prefer sativas, but I think I need an indica for this trip".
WST: "Yeah, it's an indica kind of place."

lol, Osoyoos.

Amazing how much of the farm land has been converted from tree fruits to grapes. This entire area now exists only for getting us drunk.

Spent some time trying to figure out where and when I can get a booster. Can't even book until I hit that magic 6 month mark and receive my invitation (eventually, whenever). Eagerly looking forward to Dr. Bonnie's next book: "I'm Kind of Awesome Volume 2".

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

the level of incompetence being displayed everywhere recently is starting to make me wrap around all the way to thinking that we're actually in the deus ex timeline and this is really a deliberate attempt by part of the illuminati to kill people and openly assert control, all of it using the cover of staggering stupidity

i mean yes the obvious explanation is that governments are doing the bidding of capital as decided by short-sighted coked-up executives, but maybe that's just what they want you to think

these people aren't interested in governing, they see being elected as a path to cushy private sector sinecures for themselves and family members and lots of money

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Limonene in my experience, and with talking to others, is the terpene that generally causes anxiety/paranoia, stay away from that and lean towards more the pine/gas smelling poo poo and you are generally good no matter what you are getting (indica/sativa etc etc.. although most things are hybrids now so the distinction doesn't really help).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hexigrammus posted:

Me, to weed shop technician: "I normally prefer sativas, but I think I need an indica for this trip".
WST: "Yeah, it's an indica kind of place."

lol, Osoyoos.

Amazing how much of the farm land has been converted from tree fruits to grapes. This entire area now exists only for getting us drunk.

Spent some time trying to figure out where and when I can get a booster. Can't even book until I hit that magic 6 month mark and receive my invitation (eventually, whenever). Eagerly looking forward to Dr. Bonnie's next book: "I'm Kind of Awesome Volume 2".

I recall when Osoyoos swore that no weed stores would open within city limits now, on Main street...

Still, its very pretty and chill and I like it in small doses

But the wine I am drinking right now comes from Cawston

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

mila kunis posted:

these people aren't interested in governing, they see being elected as a path to cushy private sector sinecures for themselves and family members and lots of money

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Hexigrammus posted:

lol, Osoyoos.

The agricultural land is now unbelievably expensive since it's pretty much the only place in Canada where you can make certain wines well. Funny thing is that just across the border in Oroville, Washington the land values plummet because lol who cares there's heaps of better places in the USA to make wine.

Went to Osoyoos last summer for a weekend trip and it was remarkable how little it had changed from when I went there on family vacations when I was a kid. Absolutely you can skip over to some high end bougie wineries in Oliver and beyond, but aside from that it's still pretty much a "family friendly" lake resort with holiday parks crammed with RVs and aged motels where people set up lawn chairs out front their door and drink all day.

I guess all the money is flowing to Kelowna and Penticton? I dunno honestly seems pretty weird to me how undeveloped and poor Osoyoos remains when IMO it's a better location (amazing lake, hot af, desert, sandwiched between two wine regions).

If I had a fortune I'd buy one of those ancient motels and turn it into some sort of Ace Hotel/Jupiter Hotel type thing and lure in the boho hipster money. Be the next Tofino.

Femtosecond has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Dec 31, 2021

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mila kunis posted:

What about Etobicoke drug dealers that get elected to get rid of bike lanes?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Wasnt Osoyoos one of the places at risk from the heat dome this year?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't wait to see the covid numbers this morning and think really hard about those two Michaels

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

i think they probably were better off in china lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

does anyone know if you can claim ppe like n95s as medical expenses on your taxes?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

RBC posted:

does anyone know if you can claim ppe like n95s as medical expenses on your taxes?

Not under most circumstances

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-face-masks-taxes-1.5986134

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Crossposting from covid thread:

Literally everyone I know has COVID and none are officially counted because they only did rapid and molecular appointments are unavailable.

Who knows I might even have it.

Maybe I'm already dead

:shrug:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Femtosecond posted:

The agricultural land is now unbelievably expensive since it's pretty much the only place in Canada where you can make certain wines well. Funny thing is that just across the border in Oroville, Washington the land values plummet because lol who cares there's heaps of better places in the USA to make wine.

Went to Osoyoos last summer for a weekend trip and it was remarkable how little it had changed from when I went there on family vacations when I was a kid. Absolutely you can skip over to some high end bougie wineries in Oliver and beyond, but aside from that it's still pretty much a "family friendly" lake resort with holiday parks crammed with RVs and aged motels where people set up lawn chairs out front their door and drink all day.

I guess all the money is flowing to Kelowna and Penticton? I dunno honestly seems pretty weird to me how undeveloped and poor Osoyoos remains when IMO it's a better location (amazing lake, hot af, desert, sandwiched between two wine regions).

If I had a fortune I'd buy one of those ancient motels and turn it into some sort of Ace Hotel/Jupiter Hotel type thing and lure in the boho hipster money. Be the next Tofino.

Kelowna definitely, especially after the NYTimes ran an article that basically said "see it now before it gets ruined!"

I'd consider living in Penticton. It has a nice vibe and isn't being developed to hell unlike Kelowna (when they can keep the cranes upright). Has a real nice used bookstore right downtown too.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

skewetoo posted:

Crossposting from covid thread:

Literally everyone I know has COVID and none are officially counted because they only did rapid and molecular appointments are unavailable.

Who knows I might even have it.

Maybe I'm already dead

:shrug:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dr-bonnie-henry-year-ender-1.6301202

Everybody getting covid is a sign that covid is over

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Got the email about getting my booster this morning so now I love John Horgan and I'm going to marry him

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Got the email about getting my booster this morning so now I love John Horgan and I'm going to marry him

Congrats!

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

wynott dunn posted:

Wasnt Osoyoos one of the places at risk from the heat dome this year?

In normal times Osoyoos is one of the hottest places in Canada (and one of the warmest lakes) so it must have been unbearable during the heat dome.

Bilirubin posted:

Kelowna definitely, especially after the NYTimes ran an article that basically said "see it now before it gets ruined!"

I'd consider living in Penticton. It has a nice vibe and isn't being developed to hell unlike Kelowna (when they can keep the cranes upright). Has a real nice used bookstore right downtown too.

Yeah Penticton is probably where I'd live if I had to be in the Okanagan. It's got a nice walkable downtown, a nice framework for future growth. You can grab some beers and lazily tube down the canal drinking for a few hours.

Not my scene, but apparently if you're a rock climbing maniac I've heard it's one of the best places to be for that other than Squamish, as Skaha Bluffs are really good rock climbing.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Femtosecond posted:

...and aged motels where people set up lawn chairs out front their door and drink all day.

Oh jeez, don't dox me, bro. I have a suite in the most well-aged motel in town. I'm only there for the occasional few hours of respite time when my father in law is having a psychotic interlude so I'm not sitting by the door drinking and smoking but my neighbours sure do. There's less of it since the cold snap but my immediate neighbour is sitting in his car smoking with the engine running every time I go there.

Bilirubin posted:

Okay, I need to find that bookstore the next time I'm up there. I've found almost all the other essentials - Valu Village, Staples, the funeral home, and the place that sells good Dutch Edam cheese.

The weekend after the big floods my in-laws' furnace quit and I couldn't find any gasfitters to look at it - they were all up in Penticton trying to get the town re-lit. Something about being built on the flood plain at the confluence of two rivers or something, but parts of Penticton went underwater. Might want to check the topography maps very carefully before buying.

Of course, this seems to be true for the rest of B.C. as well.

I like the area but being a coastal boy I have this bias that the people here are only slightly removed from Albertans for horrible political opinions. I'm sure if I got to know them it would be fine and they'd be no different than my neighbours back home (many of whom are retired Albertans). Kind of like that rural/urban bias. I just need to recognize that all Canadians have horrible political opinions all the time and get over myself.

So jealous. Considering replying to the latest NDP fundraising email with "WHERE'S MY loving BOOSTER!!!!"

Femtosecond posted:

In normal times Osoyoos is one of the hottest places in Canada (and one of the warmest lakes) so it must have been unbearable during the heat dome.

Sign on the highway exits: "Osoyoos: Canada's Warmest Welcome!" Which is bullshit, Lytton has that title and they have the ashes to prove it.

I checked through some historic weather data for Osoyoos - we got an entire December's worth of snow in one night this month. I'm enjoying watching the lake freeze over. Just :lol: If the north basin closes.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Hexigrammus posted:

So jealous. Considering replying to the latest NDP fundraising email with "WHERE'S MY loving BOOSTER!!!!"

You should have gotten the meme vaccine, like me, a genious

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lmao how are some of you so loving broke brained that you think Penticton is a good place lmao

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/wendysawatzky/status/1476975920594309122?s=21

we cannot disrupt the free market

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

https://youtu.be/xmOCsiZgAbg

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lmao how are some of you so loving broke brained that you think Penticton is a good place lmao

They're from Alberta and the shuswaps is the ethnically Albertan mind's idea of paradise (can drive drunk as long as it's on the water, it's hot but not humid, few minorities)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I had to take a break from both Federal and Provincial NDP slack because it got too frustrating seeing people not wanting to fight tooth and nail over the pandemic. I thought this kind of crisis is what would energize the party, what weve been waiting for since 1991, instead theres support for whatever half assed decision Queens Park makes because of The Science.

Theres so much we could do at the riding level, if not politically at least trying to get people N95s and poo poo.

Do I blame Bob Rae for this or Jack Layton?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

They're from Alberta and the shuswaps is the ethnically Albertan mind's idea of paradise (can drive drunk as long as it's on the water, it's hot but not humid, few minorities)

lol'ed at this, so true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Frosted Flake posted:

I had to take a break from both Federal and Provincial NDP slack because it got too frustrating seeing people not wanting to fight tooth and nail over the pandemic. I thought this kind of crisis is what would energize the party, what weve been waiting for since 1991, instead theres support for whatever half assed decision Queens Park makes because of The Science.

The only thing the NDP leadership are waiting for is for Kathleen Wynne to concede the next election to them as well.