Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now every single country on the planet has implemented structural discrimination :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

chinese propaganda follows a dialectical process, because it's often so on-the-nose and designed to "make you believe in it," any educated person wouldn't believe in it. but since you don't believe in it, you begin to look at the world and china more objectively in such a way that you negate your own negation of the propaganda and find yourself actually agreeing with the message in the end.

U.S. propaganda is on the first level. there is only a thesis and hence the relationship between the brainwasher and the brainwashed. the chinese propaganda is on the third level. it tells you garbage first to let you resist, but the resistance which gives you the free will on the second level actually helps you reach the third level.

this can be visualized as a thesis-antithesis-synthesis spiral or wave-forward motion

huh, that is interesting, it never quite occurred to me to look at chinese propaganda as a dialectical process

when i first encountered the concept of thesis-antithesis-synthesis spiral, the first image that popped up in my head was a drill, which made realize i might have been inceptioned from watching gurren lagann what with the good guys brandishing giant spiral drills and the villains being anti-spiral

lol i actually looked up the wiki and it sure is subliminal messaging

quote:

The Anti-Spiral is the main antagonist of the 2007 original anime series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

It is a mysterious cosmic entity who is the ruler of the Anti-Spirals, a race of Spiral beings that realized the danger of the Spiral Nemesis long ago and found the means to cease their own evolution by purging themselves of Spiral Power, trapping them in a state of suspended animation as their collective consciousness took physical form to purge the universe of all Spiral beings.
sounds like people proclaiming the end of history

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Guess who became a crypto guy while culturally appropriating from yet other Chinese minority population.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgof8s0ahxE

for a second I was afraid this wasn't gonna be another one of his deranged music videos, and I was not disappointed. :)

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
anyways heres a wholesome start to another plague ridden year

https://twitter.com/shen_shiwei/status/1476855733358510080?s=20

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thanks, that’s actually pretty neat about the contact tracing app. it’s impressive how China’s covid success really is more about smart allocation of resources, mass free testing with a quick turnaround, and standardization of a good (well supported) contact tracing app.

compared to the US:
-US spends orders of magnitude more resources because outbreaks are ignored instead of contained
-tests are limited, slow, and/or expensive
-there is no contact tracing app like that. there’s small regional ones, but they don’t work very well and they’re not used en masse.

the difference is stark.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

huhwhat posted:

Get his rear end dog.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

huhwhat posted:

Who's a fillial boy? Who's a fillial boy?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thatfatkid posted:

Lol I had no idea such a thread existed and what a surprise to see all the insane cryptofascist ops in the one place

no see it's checks and balances, we have a forum where it's okay to say Zenz is a lying christo-fascist what with his long history of lying and being a christo-fascist, so there has to be one where you openly support Ukrainian nazis because they were anti-communist.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

huhwhat is writing sentences in his posts now, this year is starting off with a bang

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The point is that it's Russia's fault. The Ukrainian government has no choice but to depend on Nazi paramilitaries.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Tankies are bad*

*Offer void for all panzers

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I call it the Ukraine, but to balance it out I spell the capital as Kyiv.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I called it The Ukraine literally because of Risk.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ikanreed posted:

I called it The Ukraine literally because of Risk.

UKRAINE IS GAME TO YOU????

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

UKRAINE IS GAME TO YOU????

lolling hard at Seinfeld and their 100% accurate portrayal of insane nationalist expats

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

All of these people were disappeared, never heard from again.

they're lucky i didn't see em on our roads. i'd send em to heaven myself!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like the kind of bargaining going on in the PYF tankies thread like, "only 9% of Ukrainians are far right." Which is a terrifying number when we're talking about guys who have already done anti-Romani pogroms, burned people alive, etc. The fascist core doesn't really need to reach some kind of electoral critical mass to engage in mass scale violence - they only need tacit government sanction. Which is exactly what they've been getting.

the American far-right makes a big deal about how it only took "III%" of the population to overthrow the British and gain independence, and they're saying 9% of Ukrainians being fash is no big deal? insane

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is this the thread where i post my favorite liberals going out of their way to compliment literal nazis

https://mobile.twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1477034232245628937

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

is this the thread where i post my favorite liberals going out of their way to compliment literal nazis

https://mobile.twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1477034232245628937

you, and I cannot stress this enough, don't have to hand it to him

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

the American far-right makes a big deal about how it only took "III%" of the population to overthrow the British and gain independence, and they're saying 9% of Ukrainians being fash is no big deal? insane

to liberals, Ukrainian nazis are simultaneously too strong to fight and too weak to matter, so why do anything? unlike communists, which are so strong that it’s a moral necessity to use every resource and despicable tactic against them, but so weak they can be easily defeated by Freedom.

it’s a very odd way of looking at the world :thunk:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fly Molo posted:

to liberals, Ukrainian nazis are simultaneously too strong to fight and too weak to matter, so why do anything? unlike communists, which are so strong that it’s a moral necessity to use every resource and despicable tactic against them, but so weak they can be easily defeated by Freedom.

it’s a very odd way of looking at the world :thunk:
They see a fight between two groups of Nazis, where only the R-Nazis are a threat to liberalism so happily support the U-Nazis who are only a threat to the residents a client state of a client state.

Ukrainians aren't people, Russians aren't people, only English-speaking Whites (No slavs!!) are worthy of concern.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

The American far right also got one shot at organized violence, and they didn't even have demands. The practice with violence that Ukrainian fascists have is nothing like any American has ever known.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The American far right also got one shot at organized violence, and they didn't even have demands. The practice with violence that Ukrainian fascists have is nothing like any American has ever known.

Haven't a bunch of Nazis from across Europe gone to Ukraine to learn how to fight to take that lesson home to the other nazis?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Really wish I had better self control.

I guess every thread just ends up being the spider man pointing at each other.

They do however seem to be a lot more excited for a new war to break out though.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Haven't a bunch of Nazis from across Europe gone to Ukraine to learn how to fight to take that lesson home to the other nazis?

Americans too.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

hope the ruskies kill them

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

KomradeX posted:

It was elsewhere, I've read: https://www.dw.com/en/german-neo-nazis-trained-at-russian-camps-report/a-53692907

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

The "Partizan" camp is run by followers of Russia's right-wing extremist Russian Imperial Movement (RIM). German intelligence believes RIM has two camps close to Saint Petersburg. The organization seeks the restoration of the Russian Empire.

lol, I guess those are the bad nazis.

quote:

Russia responded at the time saying that adding the group to the list did not help fight terrorism and that the US had not provided any details.

Moscow also considers the movement of the ultra-right-wing Christian Orthodox Russians to be extremist. However, the group is not banned in Russia.

German intelligence is aware that extremists from Germany are attending the camps. For legal reasons however, they cannot prohibit the travel to Russia, Focus reported.

Oh well, I guess there's nothing to be done :shrug:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
drat I was hoping that PYF thread would be funny and not Reddit-tier pearl clutching over saying america is worse than Russia/China

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KomradeX posted:

Didn't the Christchurch dickhead do this?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i think he just did a pilgrimage around notable white supremacist places in europe

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fly Molo posted:

unlike communists, which are so strong that it’s a moral necessity to use every resource and despicable tactic against them, but so weak they can be easily defeated by Freedom.

Communism still going in Russia, according to many libs.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ForeignAffairs/status/1477179213463621635?s=20

quote:

By then, I was midway through a decades-long process of grappling with China’s official ideology, even as I was responsible for indoctrinating officials in it. Once a fervent Marxist, I had parted ways with Marxism and increasingly looked to Western thought for answers to China’s problems. Once a proud defender of official policy, I had begun to make the case for liberalization. Once a loyal member of the CCP, I was secretly harboring doubts about the sincerity of its beliefs and its concern for the Chinese people.

edit: this article is a year old, why are they reposting it now

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 08:38 on Jan 1, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"I openly called for regime change against CCP and they still let my traitorous rear end leave china alive, that was the most brutal thing ever"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Communism still going in Russia, according to many libs.

maybe we’ll see USSR 2: electric boogaloo in our lifetimes

turns out shock therapy really pisses people off as their material conditions abruptly worsen while billionaires get rich?? weird, that must’ve been a one-off. let’s never stop doing austerity to weaker countries what could go wrong

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ForeignAffairs/status/1477179213463621635?s=20

edit: this article is a year old, why are they reposting it now

Wow. So this liberal deadshit wants China to be more like the smashing European success story that is Spain and liberalise the economy/govt structure because of anecdotes and a vague feeling of "freedom".

Imagine thinking its bad living in a country that is constantly building massive nation building infrastructure, eliminating poverty, becoming the biggest and most important economy in the world and has the only effective controls of covid19.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Fly Molo posted:

maybe we’ll see USSR 2: electric boogaloo in our lifetimes

turns out shock therapy really pisses people off as their material conditions abruptly worsen while billionaires get rich?? weird, that must’ve been a one-off. let’s never stop doing austerity to weaker countries what could go wrong

I know that inequality is reaching record levels at home, excuse me while I whine about investing in the middle class without suggesting touching any of the gains of the ruling class

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

KomradeX posted:

there were literally hundreds of European nazi volunteers fighting with the azov battalion at one point and you can still see some of them brag openly about it online today

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Homeless Friend posted:

where is that image of the uk equivalent

i posted it on the same page!

crepeface posted:

i posted some of these in the cpsam covid thread

https://twitter.com/SecondRingSZN/status/1476088304512782338?s=20

here's what UK kids get for lunch during school lockdown

https://twitter.com/louisegurr14/status/1348940092157677568?s=20

https://twitter.com/LMT1180/status/1348751047242768387?s=20

yes that's right, the UK paid people to spoon out half a tin of tuna into a coin bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
hau is the saddest maddest little oval office in every thread he posts in lol