Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Doc Hawkins posted:

thanks, everyone; we've brainstormed some excellent nightmares and i hope i stop thinking about them as soon as possible

A Powerup Comics! Pride Month Special is the opposite of a nightmare.

e: I guess the ending is kind of scary, since Shadow is un--gayed by being hypnotized into being gay for women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

christmas boots posted:

Looks like the most recent update was today, in fact.

Hahaha wow.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Here's the deal, I know it's a bad webcomic. But I used to be way into it when i was like 13 so if the day ever comes when he finishes it, I'm going to sit down and read the whole thing.

For closure or whatever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They finished building a 1/1 scale Nu Gundam but they aren't ready to unveil it yet, so do the time being they've got it all taped up like when you see it under consturction in the anime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why did they change the color scheme gently caress them

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

every time i see a big gundam statue i think of Gundam Sousei

they should animate Gundam Sousei

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Stairmaster posted:

why did they change the color scheme gently caress them

They also gave it one big funnel on the back. Presumably because the original funnel setup would catch the wind really well and the first big storm would send the Gundam crashing into the closest building

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Gripweed posted:

They also gave it one big funnel on the back. Presumably because the original funnel setup would catch the wind really well and the first big storm would send the Gundam crashing into the closest building

Gundam's crashing through random buildings is canon though

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

they should animate The Plot to Assassinate Gihren

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gripweed posted:

they should just have removed the funnel

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

hell yeah

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Finally got around to finishing Heike Monogatari and it was really good.

If you dont mind imperial Japanese setting or music and the occasional acid house bgm banger it's worth a watch.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

net work error posted:

If you dont mind imperial Japanese setting or music and the occasional acid house bgm banger it's worth a watch.

Imperial Japan refers to Japan from the Meiji Restoration in 1868 until the enactment of the post-World War II 1947.

Heike Monogatari takes place around the end of the 1100s.

:cmon:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net work error posted:

Cool, I've been waiting for a chance to binge the whole thing.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Julias posted:

Imperial Japan refers to Japan from the Meiji Restoration in 1868 until the enactment of the post-World War II 1947.

Heike Monogatari takes place around the end of the 1100s.

:cmon:

Thank you for the fact check OP.

It's a cool show and people should check it out. Art as some might say even!

e:
LETS GOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPV_toAr1ZU

net work error has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Dec 25, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I was reading this manga, Levius, about steampowered boxing. It wasn't amazing but it seemed OK, I was interested to see where the story was going. It seemed to take itself and the characters pretty seriously. There was a kind of interesting twist on the transhuman thing where being cyborged dehumanized the fighters but having the physical body diminished was also maybe freeing their spirits and letting them communicate without words. Steampunk Newtypes, basically. The world building was a little thin but serviceable, and set up the conflicts and tensions in the society that presumably would be explored further in the character's stories. As I said, nothing spectacular but I was willing to see where it was going.

But then it introduced the main villain. Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.

There are bad characters in manga, but I've never seen a single character so completely and utterly destroy a series like Dr. Clown Jack Pudding. Any sense that this was a serious story that took the characters and their suffering seriously is instantly thrown in the trash when it turns out that all of the bad stuff in their lives was actually the result of a clown named Dr. Clown Jack Pudding.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've only watched the netflix show, which admittedly I really like, but I'm told it strays from the manga in a lot of ways, and there definitely isn't anyone like THAT in it.

(or at least not entirely, there is a weirdo mask pervert but not to that degree)

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

drat I’ve seen some clown shoes character designs but this takes the cake

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That's a nice character design

For a clown to have

At the circus

Idiot

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
an artist must remain true to their vision, especially if it means naming characters Dr Clown Jack Pudding or Rocketbilly Redcadillac

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

What other anime/manga have a ridiculous true antagonist that comes out of nowhere and makes the rest of the story garbage? The first thought that came to mind was something on the opposite end: Escaflowne, where it turns out the Emperor of the Zaibach Empire is actually Isaac Newton who somehow got isekai'd after his death, built an empire, and devoted all his efforts to creating a machine that will let him control destiny. Comes absolutely out of nowhere but it's badass and he's a great character

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

What other anime/manga have a ridiculous true antagonist that comes out of nowhere and makes the rest of the story garbage? The first thought that came to mind was something on the opposite end: Escaflowne, where it turns out the Emperor of the Zaibach Empire is actually Isaac Newton who somehow got isekai'd after his death, built an empire, and devoted all his efforts to creating a machine that will let him control destiny. Comes absolutely out of nowhere but it's badass and he's a great character

Samurai Flamenco is famous for it's turns but it's actually the opposite of what you want op because it loving rules and is not bad at all.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
his maid clearly has second hand embarrassment

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kit Walker posted:

Escafl-Own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD4wQGnFGck

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I finally got around to watching Gunsmith Cats. Fun show with good gently caress The Police energy towards the ATF.

Not sure where the idea came from to make it but I'm glad it was made.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
bad post

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

net work error posted:

I finally got around to watching Gunsmith Cats. Fun show with good gently caress The Police energy towards the ATF.

Not sure where the idea came from to make it but I'm glad it was made.

Sonoda loves American action movies and drawing guns and cars, so he made a manga that's an American action movie full of guns and cars.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
too bad about the other things he loves and also includes.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

what is it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
child prostitution

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i keenly regret tracking down and reading the untranslated chapter of exxaxion

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm almost certain theres a scene in venture bros that looks just like this

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1476904120858542082

:eyepop:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shouldn't be allowed at all imo

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

i want another akudama drive

not like a sequel, just more shows like that

They couldn't have known what the political climate in the US would be like at the end of 2020 but akudama drive coming out and just being like "kill every cop before they kill you" was incredible.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stone Ocean's timing is pretty on the nose too. Stone Ocean is Araki's dystopic vision of the American prison system, and it's not even as bad as the real one.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I tried watching Bubblegum Crisis but I just couldn't get into it so I took thread advice and got Votoms and it is absolutely my poo poo so thanks for that.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Owns. Here's to more Rumiko Takahashi fun.