Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Chloe Jessica posted:

here's some advice for you: people have wildly varying tastes and just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody does.

Yeah but those people are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

docbeard posted:

Yeah but those people are wrong.

Exactly. If the opinion wasn't correct, I wouldn't have it.

(for the record I don't actually believe there isn't anyone who enjoys those dry seedy breads...I just don't understand how, much like I feel about pickle and olive likers)

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The best sandwich is just two inches of olives and pickles on ezekiel sprouted seed bread

Also the best morning I can think of is a brisk run followed by plain steel cut oats and fifteen minutes of msnbc while doing butt clenches

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

The best sandwich is just two inches of olives and pickles on ezekiel sprouted seed bread

Also the best morning I can think of is a brisk run followed by plain steel cut oats and fifteen minutes of msnbc while doing butt clenches

this is like a life people live under the desaturation filter before it gets pulled off in claratin commercials

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Manager Hoyden posted:

does it have to be msnbc specifically, or will, say, cnn suffice

if not, what about c-span

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

C-SPAN yes, CNN no (it's too spicy)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Manager Hoyden posted:

fifteen minutes of msnbc while doing butt clenches

Jokerpilled Drudge has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Dec 31, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gotta keep 'em tight

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Exactly. If the opinion wasn't correct, I wouldn't have it.

(for the record I don't actually believe there isn't anyone who enjoys those dry seedy breads...I just don't understand how, much like I feel about pickle and olive likers)

The seeded bread is kind of ok? If you toast it and the butter melts on top it's great

Pickles are bad compared to cornichons, they are very small so they are packed with flavour (they can be very sweet at times) and not that acidic, the brine thingy is great for making sauces with

Olives are... ok. They're better if they're cooked a bit

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trader Joe's sells Boursin cheese way cheaper than any other grocery store so I always stock up on them. It's like the French version of velveeta except it's mega delicious. You can spread it on any lovely Ezekial whatever bread and it becomes the best sandwich ever. I really don't understand why Safeway charges $6 for it and Trader Joe's has it for $3.50.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

alexandriao posted:

The seeded bread is kind of ok? If you toast it and the butter melts on top it's great

Pickles are bad compared to cornichons, they are very small so they are packed with flavour (they can be very sweet at times) and not that acidic, the brine thingy is great for making sauces with

Olives are... ok. They're better if they're cooked a bit

I forgot to include those baby corn things. Out of all the foods in the world aside from like actually rotten stuff, those small corns repulse me the most.

Pickles aren't that gag-inducing, but I dislike them because anything with pickles on it just tastes like pickles. Olives I just am not a fan of the flavor, but to be totally honest my only exposure to them is on not-great pizza and at a chain italian restaurant (I forget if it was olive garden or carrabbas) so they probably came out of a can.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
phuo: every month should be 30 days and there should be five days outside of months that are holidays

basically adopt the calendar from LotR in real life

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Fixed_Calendar

Kodak was with you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chloe Jessica posted:

phuo: every month should be 30 days and there should be five days outside of months that are holidays

God, read another book. No no that one! No not that one either sheesh!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I finished watching Wheel of Time season 1 and was ok with it I guess, but overall happy that I don't remember what was in the book all that well. Sometimes there's something like "that conversation Lews Therin is having makes no sense, why are they not mentioning they are at war and losing" or "Shayol Ghul and the Eye of the World are not the same place what are you talking about" that stick out.

Made me realize the upcoming LotR series is gonna have to meet some pretty insane expectations for me to enjoy it.

*also you should read the Silmarillion

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chloe Jessica posted:

That's pretty close to the French Revolutionary Calendar

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Speaking of which, the only mistake the French Revolutionary calendar made was doing ten day weeks. If they did five day weeks, we'd all be speaking French right now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm declaring San Diego State the College Football National Champion this season.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

College and high school sports, and especially College Football where most of the money is, are an abomination. It creates perverse incentives and the people actually sweating don't even get paid. Kinda like the Olympics, also hosed up.

Remember Steubenville?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Speaking of which, the only mistake the French Revolutionary calendar made was doing ten day weeks. If they did five day weeks, we'd all be speaking French right now.

lol if you aren't in your personal life

and by lol je veux dire honhonhon

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Chloe Jessica posted:

but how will I know my zodiac sign if I'm born on a limbo day, smarty pants :colbert:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You create a new zodiac. Call it "limbo".

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PHUO: I will have a fantastic 2022, despite all predictions :v:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grouchio posted:

My 2020 was an improvement from my 2019, and my 2021 went even better. I fully expect to knock 2022 out of the park

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It's true, 2022 will be a great year

Hell it's already great and I'm one day in

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I'll hopefully be debt-free by Summer. Perhaps even next month, who knows. Thinking about buying a second pair of trousers.

Obpinion: never go into debt; become a highwayman or a forest animal instead. (Only rich people can afford to go into debt.)

e: When I say "hopefully" I mean unless I like die before that or the world explodes.

ee: Actually, if I die or the world explodes, I will also be debt-free! :newlol:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Jan 1, 2022

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Millasia kulutusluottoja Jerryllä on? Sorry, I had to poke at the 3d doodoo.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
phuo: Since people can't describe fundamental units of time, leap days and their spacing, leap seconds, length of a day (astronomical or terrestrial), and don't even know what time it is without their pheuns (or the clock on a computer/microwave/tv), the system chosen doesn't need to "make sense" (to popular opinion). It makes more sense to be measurable: The new year should be on the spring equinox, days should just count up from the first day starting after that (planetary, gmt), and days should be divided via a decimal system or leverage the approach of multiple primes (eg, either 10 chunks, or two halves of 15 chunks).

It makes even more sense to use a different/distant star, but that's easily mapped back to days occuring "during daylight". Local hours starting from 0 at noon make the most sense, but it could just as easily have noon centered on the decimal/trigesimals.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Time works fine right now let's just stick with that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I get mixed up on which is 12PM and which is 12AM more than I'd care to admit

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
imagine 4 months on the edge of a cliff...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Get a digital clock, it's 2022.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
METRIC TIME WHEN?

Until then, I'm a kodiak .beats man.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

phuo: Since people can't describe fundamental units of time, leap days and their spacing, leap seconds, length of a day (astronomical or terrestrial), and don't even know what time it is without their pheuns (or the clock on a computer/microwave/tv), the system chosen doesn't need to "make sense" (to popular opinion). It makes more sense to be measurable: The new year should be on the spring equinox, days should just count up from the first day starting after that (planetary, gmt), and days should be divided via a decimal system or leverage the approach of multiple primes (eg, either 10 chunks, or two halves of 15 chunks).

It makes even more sense to use a different/distant star, but that's easily mapped back to days occuring "during daylight". Local hours starting from 0 at noon make the most sense, but it could just as easily have noon centered on the decimal/trigesimals.

There might be some great ideas in here, but my brain batted them all away like it was Wimbledon after I read "pheun".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gripweed posted:

Those genuinely are backwards. 11am is followed by 12pm? What utter nonsense.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
time should not be counted at all. who cares if it's 10am or 11am or whatever. who gives a gently caress which year it is

furthermore, space should be abolished too. why should i only occupy one spatial position at any given point in time if i could be everywhere at once

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
But for real, just use 24 hour time. You will never set your alarm wrong again. And not only will you get your phone back after you drunkenly leave it at a party (literally every time), the person returning it will likely fall all over themselves thanking you for your service. Your instance that you never served only fuels their "you have PTSD" fantasies.

Easy way to get a quick leg up with certain flag-fucker groups. And it isn't even stolen valor since all you do is set your clock the European way. Which is what you say.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Pretty sure if someone has trouble telling am from pm they are far too stupid to function as an adult and therefore has nothing to be on time for

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'll hopefully be debt-free by Summer.

I don't like it when card companies project when i'll be debt-free, it's always so depressing. At my current rate I think last I checked I was still looking at 2024-2025 assuming I don't keep using them.

also 24 hour time is nice on paper, but it never sounds natural to me to say "hey meet me at 22"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
i like 24-hour clock, it's much neater than AM/PM imo

however, i hate that americans insist on calling it "military time" like what the gently caress why does everything have to be military or gun-related, cmon now