Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren::siren::siren: And that is deadline! SA's GOTY for 2021 has been decided! You can share extra lists with us but your votes will not be counted :siren::siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Happy New Year's to all who celebrate

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Here's to another year of Games :toot:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

5. Final fantasy IX: fun characters and beautiful environments, I love rat people
4. cooking mama: it taught me about friendship and baking
3. Bowsette party (VR edition): the best and sexiest Mario party game in years
2. Final fantasy viii: sorry I couldn’t remember if 8 or 9 was the one rarity really liked
1. bloodborne: 2020 had like fifteen people voting for bloodborne for some reason

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

1. bloodborne: 2020 had like fifteen people voting for bloodborne for some reason

it's a good game Brent

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

and yet, it hardly got any votes in 2019 or 2021, which leads me to believe there was a forumswide conspiracy in 2020 to raise the game’s profile in order to press Sony into releasing it on pc. And it worked: elden ring is coming to PC in 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

people posting lists after the deadline takes all the wind out of my sails. all those missed points! :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Interesting that the rush of votes for Bloodborne in 2020 coincided with a certain mod's playthrough of the game #AskQuestions :thunkher:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rarity posted:

Interesting that the rush of votes for Bloodborne in 2020 coincided with a certain mod's playthrough of the game #AskQuestions :thunkher:

I was doing it anyway!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rarity posted:

#AskQuestions :thunkher:

#TheSkyAndTheCosmosAreOne

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fix posted:

I was doing it anyway!

Sure you were, "Fix"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I did it two months earlier and I’m pretty sure was one of the people who was his initial inspiration so there

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Happy New Year's to all who celebrate

i swear to heck i'm not trying to be a dick, but i am very confused why people use the possessive version of the phrase in this way. is it a regional thing or a colloquialism?

i suppose a case could be made for it being a shortened version of "happy new year's day" but that doesn't seem likely idk.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/happy-new-year-2/

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's just that, apart from people not knowing when to use apostrophes.

New Year's Day, (autocorrect did that) New year's traditions, New year's meal, etc etc.

Fix fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 1, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Sure you were, "Fix"

:aaa:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hmmm. This is odd. Someone should investigate.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok folks, the votes have been finalised and the results have been verified. Please join me and VG on Saturday 8th January at 3:00pm GMT/10:00am EST for the big reveal including a live countdown of your top 75!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:woop:

Go Psychonauts 2!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can't believe the top 10 is all Final Fantasy!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow looks like FF9 won GOTY for the 21st year in a row. Top work everyone, see you next year

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Can't stand the delays, somebody needs to crunch these goons harder.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sorry I'm in the Poster's Union

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm an American, I want these results immediately. What am I not paying you for!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

don't worry i've already hired the scabs

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Next weekend is very exciting. We get GotY results, and the next day AGDQ starts.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm pretty confident I have played exactly one game in the top ten and that game is Psychonauts 2 and I haven't played much which is why it's not on my list but it seemed good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i calculated the results and congratulations on the great ace attorney for being goty 2021 you did it

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
A week for results??!?! But I gotta buy some of the top results while I’ve still got a tiny amount of money left after Christmas

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Aidan_702 posted:

A week for results??!?! But I gotta buy some of the top results while I’ve still got a tiny amount of money left after Christmas

just load your wallet :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I gotta make the graphics and Rarity gotta create the posts and quotes. :3:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody got some good category goty's to tide us over until the results?

What were the best action games, slow paced games, stories, etc?

For me, World of horror is the best RL i played this year

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ty for the people who did write ups on silver case. I bought it on switch last night, it’s cool so far

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Blue Reflection 2 is the best slow paced character game this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

Oooo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Post your favourite 2021 game music!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Aidan_702 posted:

buy Chicory while you wait

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chicory owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Post your favourite 2021 game music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofj5flVbK2M

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
link

Big ffxiv spoilers in the thumbail but any non-players sould feel free to click for the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you need to play the first game first or are they not direct sequels