Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

I think if anyone throws a grenade near them they'll just aggro whoever is near, dunno, they can be a bit testy sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Absolutely love how many times I can politely ask the people kicking the poo poo out of me to stop shooting me and they apologize and stop.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Wrr posted:

Absolutely love how many times I can politely ask the people kicking the poo poo out of me to stop shooting me and they apologize and stop.

I literally accidentally shot at another pscav and they turned around and started unloading at me, and I apologized and explained it was a misclick, and they just laughed about it and let me go.

Then later that night I got the jump on a pscav as a PMC, but instead of shooting him I went "hey, come with me to the co-op extract". He couldn't speak back for some reason, but he frantically waved his gun up and down to say yes and we ran off together. He literally even defended me against another PMC who got the jump on me and saved me, and we made it to the co-op extract together.

I hope he got a red key card or something crazy from fence, that poo poo was awesome. VOIP is awesome.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
After being skeptical of VoIP I'm a zealous convert. Today I had a level 8 PMC run up to my Sv98-packing scav and try to explain that I didn't want to jump the railway fence on Customs because there was a sniper that way.

Sadly I forgot to put his backpack on after stuffing my backpack into it because I'm drunk as gently caress, and since it was <8min left that tag reading Sv98 <2m may be forever lost.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

After being skeptical of VoIP I'm a zealous convert. Today I had a level 8 PMC run up to my Sv98-packing scav and try to explain that I didn't want to jump the railway fence on Customs because there was a sniper that way.

Sadly I forgot to put his backpack on after stuffing my backpack into it because I'm drunk as gently caress, and since it was <8min left that tag reading Sv98 <2m may be forever lost.

Am I reading that correctly? Some dude ran up to try and help you and give you advice and you killed him for his backpack?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

and didn't even extract with it lmao

you are under no obligation to not shoot and loot someone if they just run up to you telling you about what I'm assuming the is one of the sniper scavs customs is crawling with. Lil' homie took a gamble on approaching someone at random in a game where a large reason to play it is to murder other players and take their stuff, and the gamble did not pay off

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Sharing a nice story: I went down to ZB-016 as a scav and ran into a PMC placing items down there. He quickly said he plays solo and this quest has been really hard for him, so if I was going to kill him if I could please wait for him to finish the quest first. Instead, I said we should do Factory Lands, he agreed, and we both got our .25 rep.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love all these stories of people meeting up with friendly players but I appreciated as a PMC knowing that pretty much anyone I saw was fair game. Now I'm second guessing who I'm shooting as a PMC as well as when I'm a scav and it's led to my death many times. This is, of course, my dumb fault but I keep hesitating or waiting until I get shot at before engaging which has all but once ended up with me dead :(

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I've killed Santa twice. RIP my karma.

Is the queue system new? I am 17,384 in the queue

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

Yes, queue is new to relieve server stress. The timeframe displayed is very unreliable though, I had it earlier at 35 minutes at around position 9500 but got it way faster (like less than 2 minutes).

Also I just now learned that you can right click on the traders messages and "delete dialog", removing them from the list. This seems to make it way easier to see if there's actually something new. Very cool.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

explosivo posted:

I love all these stories of people meeting up with friendly players but I appreciated as a PMC knowing that pretty much anyone I saw was fair game. Now I'm second guessing who I'm shooting as a PMC as well as when I'm a scav and it's led to my death many times. This is, of course, my dumb fault but I keep hesitating or waiting until I get shot at before engaging which has all but once ended up with me dead :(

I haven't turned VOIP on and I don't even see indicators when somebody is trying to talk to me from what I've noticed, so it's just like Tarkov always was. Playing PMC, try to kill everybody, playing Scav, try to avoid everybody. I'm sure I'm dying in situations where I didn't have to because of this, but it's how I like the game to be.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

explosivo posted:

PMC is still 150% shoot anyone on sight unless you have a specific goal like using a combo extract, or just trying to stay quiet for questing.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

The few times I convinced a PMC or Scav to extract together, we both die in the process somewhere.
I am sorry I let you down my dude, wherever you are.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I've killed Santa twice. RIP my karma.

Is the queue system new? I am 17,384 in the queue

Yeah I was 37000 something in my queue, that took half an hour. It sucks, but I completely understand. I think Airdrops pulled in more players than they bargained for.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This queue sucks. :(

Edit: Actually it's moving pretty fast.

Edit 2: 20 mins starting at ~35000

explosivo fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 2, 2022

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kikas posted:

Yeah I was 37000 something in my queue, that took half an hour. It sucks, but I completely understand. I think Airdrops pulled in more players than they bargained for.

Pretty sure they know how many people play their games, they sure as hell took all the money for them. Most of the player base spent like $140 and they still don't have the capacity to have them all in playing at the same time.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
It's pretty hard to get servers online when there's a global chip shortage

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that was ff14's problem too recently. It got so bad that the CEO felt he had to apologize. They were taking development servers offline and spinning them up into live servers. They had to straight up stop selling the game and pulled advertising for a few weeks lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i would simply buy enough servers for every copy ever sold regarldess of average playercount over time. simple as thaht really. use youre head.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's what I do when it happens to me

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A friend told me BSG shuns public clouds because to get actual performance out of AWS or Azure the costs quickly render the whole endeavour unprofitable. With the number of hours I've put into their fixed-cost game without a triple-A publisher that checks out.

I'd rather queue than hang up on extractions and wonder if I'm going to have an inventory after an Alt-F4.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

A friend told me BSG shuns public clouds because to get actual performance out of AWS or Azure the costs quickly render the whole endeavour unprofitable. With the number of hours I've put into their fixed-cost game without a triple-A publisher that checks out.

I'd rather queue than hang up on extractions and wonder if I'm going to have an inventory after an Alt-F4.

Arent they not allowed to get servers from AWS because of sanctions against Russia?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Stux posted:

i would simply buy enough servers for every copy ever sold regarldess of average playercount over time. simple as thaht really. use youre head.

That would for sure net you a negative number of dollars. Use your head.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Honestly believed that guy was joking because the comment was so dumb.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

oh it would???????????? really??????????????????? ohhhhhhh i had no idea never mind then :D

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

woow 70000 in queue this is kind of bullshit, not gonna lie

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

pissinthewind posted:

woow 70000 in queue this is kind of bullshit, not gonna lie

77772 for me right now.... what is this nonsense? does this happen very often or is there something catastrophically wrong with their servers or something

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is it possible a lot of people came back or bought the game for 12.12? BSG also mentioned on Reddit that something about 12.12 increased their server load but I don't recall specifics.

Regardless, if they were going to ban 60rd STANAGs from the Flea they should have removed that requirement from Gunsmith pt4 :downsgun:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kashwashwa posted:

77772 for me right now.... what is this nonsense? does this happen very often or is there something catastrophically wrong with their servers or something

Twitch drops, new wipe with new stuff, new map with good loot, VoIP, last week of the (very good) Christmas event, Airdrops, plus it's the new years weekend, a lot of people have free time.

Every single one of those points is enough to pull old and new players in, and the playerbase just grows. This is new to everyone.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Shumagorath posted:

I hope your next spoonful of cereal rakes the roof of your mouth raw, and you stub the same toe thrice in one day

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BrotherJayne posted:

I hope your next spoonful of cereal rakes the roof of your mouth raw, and you stub the same toe thrice in one day
Do you remember my username? :xd:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I used to enjoy playing the market in this game, but I remember they raised the level cap to get into it

Did they ever put it back? is the player market even still around?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Agoat posted:

I used to enjoy playing the market in this game, but I remember they raised the level cap to get into it

Did they ever put it back? is the player market even still around?

flea is still around. you can only list things that are found in raid, and buying something on the flea removes its found in raid status, so no flipping except to vendors.

flea is unlocked at level 15 now

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hooplah posted:

flea is still around. you can only list things that are found in raid, and buying something on the flea removes its found in raid status, so no flipping except to vendors.

flea is unlocked at level 15 now

:negative:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is the current queue system a byproduct of redditors complaining about spending 10 minutes finding raids?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

hello internet posted:

Is the current queue system a byproduct of redditors complaining about spending 10 minutes finding raids?

It is a byproduct of way too many players trying to play all at once

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

it's a byproduct of the unprecedented load they've had on their servers the last couple weeks, at least that's my best guess

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
It's hard to buy servers right now, especially if you are a (relatively) small start-up in an embargoed country, triply so if you want to do things your own special way and refuse to use AWS or whatever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

hello internet posted:

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
Currently, redditors are complaining they are sitting in a queue while still complaining about lost scav karma after they couldn't keep their trigger finger under control AND complaining that raid timers are too long.

Just wait till PMC karma hits and we'll be seeing them make dramatic posts about how it kills the game or how everyone will stop playing because they now need to check their fire before they blap everything that moves.