Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

mynnna posted:

I just hard-swapped to it in Scourge from a spellslinger build and...

I like it? Having trouble directly comparing to what I was doing before, because my gear is all funky and I can't compare to where I was at before yet.

wintertide brand plus the brands detatch always mastery on brand clusters is a hard carry through the campain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cinara posted:

Unless something changes in maps you get a single reward type no matter the delirious %, it's very much the opposite of sick. It's even worse than a 1 orb map but with potentially all the difficulty of a 5 orb map.

Bleh, that sucks, I thought it scaled like regular orbs too.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Made it to A6, there's some definite un-loving GGG needs to do for this event. It seems like every zone you have to fight a boss is >70% (except for Chamber of Innocence thankfully being at 1%) and the rewards are rather pitiful for the effort required. Gauntlet might have been brutal, but at least it was consistently brutal and it didn't come with something that could double the amount of enemies you have to face at any given moment.

I'm sure I can get to 50, but if this event remains as-is that's all I'll do, which sucks because I really want to see what happens to this guy once I get bleedsplosions.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

brutus

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Broken Cog posted:

Well, things are looking up at least

Same, got one on Tidal Island.

Doesn't stop this from being shitass though. Hopefully they make some changes to both difficulty while levelling and throw out some decent rewards. It's not like anyone gets to keep them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Got a Siren effect. If you are just going for the box like I did, I strongly recommend just farming act 5 and not bothering killing Kitava, act 6 mud flats was like 96% delirious and the twilight strand was high too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It would probably help if they sped up how long it takes for your starting character to play like a late game character, early game just using whatever twigs and scraps you found with stats on them for way too long without a replacement and gameplay just consisting of walking to doors as fast as possible and occasionally killing something that blocks your door.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
They should make a league that replaces all gear drops with divination cards.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus end delirium sounds horrible from all yall reports.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Broken Cog posted:

They should make a league that replaces all gear drops with divination cards.

Better be able to use divination cards as attacks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tenzarin posted:

Just let people start with the league uniques, and maybe a set of white armor

Edit: Delirium actually makes some bosses easier than normal, since the delirum attacks aren't all that strong, and they have to stand still channeling them for a long time

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 1, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elentor posted:

i like it but you need a v strong build

Tenzarin posted:

divine concoction, scales flat damage off of card value

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i like it but you need a v strong build

I'm gonna try it out today do you have a suggestion for me to play.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
cold dot/wintertide worked well for me, i assume caustic arrow/tr in particular would do well.

totems in particular are extremely op for the aggro they pull

and you really really want to have 2+ quicksilvers early on

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Elentor posted:

It's fog hard mode which is cool but definitely not what people expected going into it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

cold dot/wintertide worked well for me, i assume caustic arrow/tr in particular would do well.

totems in particular are extremely op for the aggro they pull

and you really really want to have 2+ quicksilvers early on

loving disappointed you didn't say dual strike or something.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm running pconc (again), up to act 7 so far, it works well once you get going.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I wouldn't mind struggling through the zones if it weren't just one lootbox even for 98% delirium.

Still don't understand what the gently caress GGG has against letting people have some fun in a VOIDED LEAGUE.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

If people have fun in voided leagues, next thing you know they're going to want to have fun in core leagues. Then what??? Where does it end?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This league is honestly not that bad once you get your damage up enough that high delirium isn't a brick wall.

totalnewbie posted:

I wouldn't mind struggling through the zones if it weren't just one lootbox even for 98% delirium.

Still don't understand what the gently caress GGG has against letting people have some fun in a VOIDED LEAGUE.
Why does every league have to be a loot pinata league? We already had that with the Atlas invasion, and it was just kinda dull.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Why does every league have to be a loot pinata league? We already had that with the Atlas invasion, and it was just kinda dull.

If they wanted this to be a Gauntlet style event, they could have communicated that better. Hearing Delirium Everywhere made me think Atlas Invasion but cluster jewels instead of uniques.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
wow, 98% delirious in the climb really makes for fun gameplay.
might skip that one honestly, taking my first "gently caress this poo poo" break in 95% delirious prison as im absolutely not in the mood to reset zones for saner values.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arzachel posted:

If they wanted this to be a Gauntlet style event, they could have communicated that better. Hearing Delirium Everywhere made me think Atlas Invasion but cluster jewels instead of uniques.

I honestly wouldn't consider this on the same level as the gauntlet leagues, it's just poorly balanced. It starts off annoyingly difficult since several zones have near-immortal enemies, but as you get your build together it becomes a "slightly harder" version of a normal league, with extra rare/magic enemies and occasional random delirium rewards everywhere.

Edit: one tip though: Do not choose a build that comes online late. You're gonna need damage all the way through

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 1, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Graphically this void league sounds like a good way to put yourself to sleep.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wow, 98% delirious in the climb really makes for fun gameplay.
might skip that one honestly, taking my first "gently caress this poo poo" break in 95% delirious prison as im absolutely not in the mood to reset zones for saner values.

Uh, bad news buddy: Delirium values are fixed for each zone

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Great, thats it for me then.
Im seriously not suffering through this kinda overtuned bullshit for a 3 dollar box.

This is the single most miserable leveling experience ive ever had in this game, and ive played warbands.

Think the best leveling build for this is muling 4 quicksilvers.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 1, 2022

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Made it to level 50. Only took 7:20 and 58 deaths and I got my third Deepwater Puffer Pet out of five boxes. :shepicide:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 1, 2022

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

I was a little dubious on this one from the beginning but the rewards not working properly completely killed it for me. Gauntlets are interesting because they're about an 80/20 split between offense and defense scaling. This is the inverse, maybe even closer to 10/90. Just giving stuff way more hp is only threatening until there are decent movement skills in play. After that it's just annoying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

its the worst

at least the Divine Demon King portal is nice

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 1, 2022

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I killed brutus and I heard the word "come" one too many times. I guess I'm gonna wait for a hotfix maybe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tenzarin posted:

I killed brutus and I heard the word "come" one too many times. I guess I'm gonna wait for a hotfix maybe.

Can't take a lil bit of edging, shameful

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Vincent Valentine posted:

If people have fun in voided leagues, next thing you know they're going to want to have fun in core leagues. Then what??? Where does it end?

This is their exact line of thinking though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Elentor posted:

loving disappointed you didn't say dual strike or something.

well i figured dual/heavy strike went without saying

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Kitava is 87% Delirious lmao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Kitava is 87% Delirious lmao

Oh, and in case you all think at least A6 will get easier:

Twilight Strand - 95%
The Coast - 87%
Mud Flats - 97%
Karui Fortress - 97%

lol

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

whypick1 posted:

Oh, and in case you all think at least A6 will get easier:

Twilight Strand - 95%
The Coast - 87%
Mud Flats - 97%
Karui Fortress - 97%

lol

Was talking about the A10 version, actually

Wasn't all that bad tho, all things considered

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Durendal posted:

This is their exact line of thinking though.

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to fun."

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran viper strike and made to the upper prison before I took the sweet release of death

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Does a nice comprehensive crafting guide/overview exist anywhere, something that goes over all the different options available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

I ran viper strike and made to the upper prison before I took the sweet release of death

I'm always looking for ways exponentiate damage with planned party play. You'd be surprised how hard the game tries to eliminate every source.

The only two good ones I've seen are:

- Viper Strike with Growing Agony jewel (it is a lot worse with Assassin poison duration nerf, but each character with a spellcast loop does multiply the increased damage)

- Voidfletcher with Supreme Grandstanding (can get insane with players sharing void charges, but that jewel would be near impossible to get in this event)

(Brittle is also super good for multiplying party damage but I'm not counting it because it's much easier to put on an Animate Guardian than making a player do it)

Still racking my brain to come up with ways to multiply damage with teamwork that outpaces the 300% More boss life. Things have gotten dire since they removed literally every increased aura effect from Cluster Jewels. Delirium makes Occultist corpse explosion suck too which was the best pack clearing option

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 1, 2022