Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

silicone thrills posted:

How dare anyone comment on the lovely unwalkable designs of suburbs after climate change fueled fires burn them down.

:qq:

well they're much easier to walk through now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

bunch of radical apartment dwellers, bougie old home owners and foreigners dunking on our glorious god given suburban developments, smh. this is what america is: bulldozed countryside covered in winding, samey nowheresville containing no distinguishing features or characteristics. all of those precious, wood framed buildings layered with cheap house wrap and drywall were innocent. and you can’t forget the essential suburban accessory, those heckin cute puppers, the real victims in this farcical, clown-rear end human development that portends mass extinction when viewed with a geologic time scale lens. bloodlusters!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bi crimes posted:

bunch of radical apartment dwellers, bougie old home owners and foreigners dunking on our glorious god given suburban developments, smh. this is what america is: bulldozed countryside covered in winding, samey nowheresville containing no distinguishing features or characteristics. all of those precious, wood framed buildings layered with cheap house wrap and drywall were innocent. and you can’t forget the essential suburban accessory, those heckin cute puppers, the real victims in this farcical, clown-rear end human development that portends mass extinction when viewed with a geologic time scale lens. bloodlusters!

it sucks those people lost their homes and some of their pets died but the fire only accelerated their houses disintegrating by a couple of decades

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
speaking of, I was hearing 500 something homes burned yesterday and this morning a revision of up to 1000 lost

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

silicone thrills posted:

How dare anyone comment on the lovely unwalkable designs of suburbs after climate change fueled fires burn them down.

:qq:

Meandering streets like that slow down the brain.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

suburban houses suck rear end but that’s all you can get in the US unless you can afford a nice old house in a city center or you go buy a cheap old house in the blasted out hinterlands. or you rent in a lovely, cheaply made apartment with expensive rent. cough up a mil+ for a well maintained 1920s house near the city center, idiots! or be a boomer and own something you bought for 15k 40 years ago that’s worth 500k+

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Jan 1, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Actually if you don't love America's racist building codes you need therapy

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Homeless Friend posted:

mfw 580 homes burn down

i have missed you

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

lmao

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

imagine gettin covid at the chuck e cheese while your house burns down

the american dream

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

lmbo

Shifty Nipples posted:

the american dream

I imagine that everyday op. lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

the american dream

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

stealie72 posted:

Not sure anyone is celebrating.

my heart is singing like a gospel choir and i have over 1000 confetti party poppers and i'm going to pop one for each house that burns

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

go hogan
go hogan
go hogan

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

need a hogan pretending to cry

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Sharkie posted:

my heart is singing like a gospel choir and i have over 1000 confetti party poppers and i'm going to pop one for each house that burns
Oh, sorry. Carry on.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

ted hitler hunter posted:

We don't know who struck first, us or mother nature. But we do know it was us that poisoned the earth, the air and the oceans.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
world is on fire still huh

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I hope everyone loses their home. its praxis.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/8NEWS/status/1476450352534802436

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I will destroy Americans
Burn down the house of every man
I will destroy Americans
Run for your life
Run for your liiiife
*bitchin guitar*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

almanac doubters seething

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

bi crimes posted:

suburban houses suck rear end but that’s all you can get in the US unless you can afford a nice old house in a city center or you go buy a cheap old house in the blasted out hinterlands. or you rent in a lovely, cheaply made apartment with expensive rent. cough up a mil+ for a well maintained 1920s house near the city center, idiots! or be a boomer and own something you bought for 15k 40 years ago that’s worth 500k+

We bought a house in the boonies built in 1875 and we love it. The only quirk is a neighbor down the road with a giant plywood “gently caress Biden” sign

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel bad for the people that lost their homes and pets but you do have to admit the wildfires are objectively an improvement

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Rynn posted:

We bought a house in the boonies built in 1875 and we love it. The only quirk is a neighbor down the road with a giant plywood “gently caress Biden” sign

The preferred nomenclature is "Let's Go Brandon!".

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Radirot posted:

world is on fire still huh

but that's the way i like it and i never get bored

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Rynn posted:

yeah, I'd be jealous too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
gently caress joe biden

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP--MxYzTuo

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Of course it rained fish. Rivers and lakes are atmospheric now, duh. :downs:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

do u need a fishing license if u just pick them up off the pavement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

blatman posted:

do u need a fishing license if u just pick them up off the pavement

Probably falls under the same jurisdiction of whoever writes permits for rain barrels or whatever