Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Room temp take: the budget and wind tunnel caps will be more consequential than the new aero regs. The cars will race closer as more of the car is spec, but leaders will be chosen by how much they can cheat. Scud buds will have the best car but bungle the WDC due to strategy and luck (sorry!). A close race for 2nd and 3rd will luck into a WDC win (McLaren, Merc, RB).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Griefor posted:

I kinda fear next season might be a lot of boring HAM wins.

That would be very cool and good to see actually.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
HAM THE SHAM and TOTO THE DODO will a bloo bloo their way to failure and sadness as The Boys clean up and bring McClaren the WDC, WCC and also Zac being given the FIA when they realize how good and cool they are

Edit: WDC will come down to last race and Nando and Danny will intentionally tie while crossing the line to win to be co-champs in a showing of camaraderie and friendship

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 1, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Merc doing a 2014 with George getting a decent number of wins and the team dominating, securing Our Lewis his 8th WDC would be acceptable

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Immolat1on posted:

Scud buds will have the best car but bungle the WDC

This is definitely what's going to happen and it's going to be hilarious/infuriating

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Also there was a bomb at the Jeddah stage of the "Dakar" rally. Hopefully this will lead to Jeddah bring pulled from the calendar due to security concerns.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The bomb is less dangerous than the track surely

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Azza Bamboo posted:

The bomb is less dangerous than the track surely
I think an average of 2 participants die each year at the Dakar? And that's not including crews and support people.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Toto the dodo lmao

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Lewis is going to come back, but he will wish he hadn't. Given a real shot at winning not just races but the WDC, Russell is going to turn into an on-track scumbag who makes Max look like Mr. Fairplay McSportsmanship.

Lewis will get so fed up with Russell's dirty driving that he will snap himself. Despite having the fastest car by far, the Mercedes boys will be far out of the running by mid season thanks to all the crashes and penalties that result. McLaren and Ferrari will duke it out for both trophies, with the Red Bull drivers taking 12th and 16th places because a washed-up, borderline senile Newey gave them a shitbox of a car.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

MustardFacial posted:

Happy new year worst thread. Here’s to a Norris WDC, McLaren WCC.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Abner Assington posted:

https://i.imgur.com/RZosAXS.mp4

This is as accurate as any list has been, though, so big props for that.

el plan intensifies

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

marshalljim posted:

Lewis is going to come back, but he will wish he hadn't. Given a real shot at winning not just races but the WDC, Russell is going to turn into an on-track scumbag who makes Max look like Mr. Fairplay McSportsmanship.

Lewis will get so fed up with Russell's dirty driving that he will snap himself. Despite having the fastest car by far, the Mercedes boys will be far out of the running by mid season thanks to all the crashes and penalties that result. McLaren and Ferrari will duke it out for both trophies, with the Red Bull drivers taking 12th and 16th places because a washed-up, borderline senile Newey gave them a shitbox of a car.

You shouldn’t drink this much on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Quid how is your watch

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm quite liking it although I'm still getting used to getting the most out of it. its good to have a nice line of sight into your health and I do appreciate that it will loving chirp you if you sit on your rear end for over an hour to get up and do something. I turned pretty much all the phone notifications off other than texts though lol. How's the Garmin?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I spatchcocked a chicken but it didnt get flat enough and didn't fit in the air fryer and now I have to resort to using a regular oven.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Just get a bigger air fryer

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Happy 2022 or as it will be known - The year of the papaya bois

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

RB already saving money only having to make a 1 decal for 1 and 11.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
When do they announce the new cars

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
end of feb is the first winter testing, so we will start to see stuff around then, probably starting mid feb.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cimber posted:

https://youtu.be/cXdnduEL8Z4

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Cimber posted:

They have to get the old one's off the lots still

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

italian quid posted:

I'm quite liking it although I'm still getting used to getting the most out of it. its good to have a nice line of sight into your health and I do appreciate that it will loving chirp you if you sit on your rear end for over an hour to get up and do something. I turned pretty much all the phone notifications off other than texts though lol. How's the Garmin?

It’s quite big on my small wrists but I love it. The battery life is insane and integration to the other Garmin stuff I own is great. The body battery stuff is kind of neat but it’s telling me I’m wiped out all the time, might need more time to calibrate

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Is there a watch that will allow me to control an air fryer

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rpop posted:

wrong question. the correct one is when is apple releasing the ifry air mini

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rpop posted:

If they make an ANT+ air fryer I can write a Connect IQ app

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m wiped out all the time, might need more time to calibrate

Are you a Ferrari fan?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It’s quite big on my small wrists but I love it. The battery life is insane and integration to the other Garmin stuff I own is great. The body battery stuff is kind of neat but it’s telling me I’m wiped out all the time, might need more time to calibrate

This is cross thread posting - but from what you posted in the bicycle thread - and how much you ride every day - it makes sense that Garmin think you're the walking dead.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sab0921 posted:

F1 was incredibly fun this year - the Verstappen-Hamilton strategy battles in every race were very compelling - sorry if you watched like Spain or COTA and were like this sucks and is boring.

Merry Christmas thread.

This was far and away the best season I’ve watched since 2012.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Also the argument “uh only 2 teams won the majority of races” - welcome to F1 everyone. It’s incredibly rare for a season to have more than 2 competitive teams.

The last time that happened with any regularity at all was the first Turbo era.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m making my way through 1995 and gee, Herbert is really, really bad. Hill also stinks as does SC. Alesi and Berger were under-appreciated, as was early Panis.

Schumacher is amazing as ever and it really shows - in a competitive car nobody can touch him.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Hill spins repeatedly at several races - the most embarrassing being spinning out of the lead after a single lap at the German GP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Not as pathetic as DC crashing ON THE loving FORMATION LAP from pole at Monza.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Frond posted:

I’m making my way through 1995 and gee, Herbert is really, really bad. Hill also stinks as does SC. Alesi and Berger were under-appreciated, as was early Panis.

Schumacher is amazing as ever and it really shows - in a competitive car nobody can touch him.

The sad British backmarker pity narrative of didn't he do well, what a shame about his feet he was much better before, but he did well anyway, of the time is something sky tend to miss out when they talk about "the legend Johnny Herbert"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

Also the argument “uh only 2 teams won the majority of races” - welcome to F1 everyone. It’s incredibly rare for a season to have more than 2 competitive teams.

The one exception was parts of the 2010-2013 stretch, with 2012 especially being wild. But that was as much car parity as cars being close enough for good drivers to over-compensate (Alonso; Hamilton and Button to an extent).

Frond posted:

Panis in 1997 would have certainly made the championship better had he not crashed in Montreal. Not sure he ever properly recovered his pace after that.

And yeah 1996 and 1997 were the proof of what you’re saying about 1995 Schumacher.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Frond posted:

Not as pathetic as DC crashing ON THE loving FORMATION LAP from pole at Monza.

they forgot to account for his Easter Island Statue jaw in the wind-tunnel...

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
As a fairly new follower of F1 (thanks Netflix), my observations:

• gently caress 400 lap NASCAR races, I appreciate that I can watch a race in an hour and half and go on with my day
  • Sometimes first place is up for grabs until the end, and sometimes it's as good as locked in after the first turn, which brings me to my next point
  • There's always a lot of fun stuff going on in the middle of the pack to pay attention to
  • Nikita Mazepin is like if someone distilled high comedy into a human form and stuck him behind the wheel of an F1 car
  • Michael Masi projects all the authority of a damp towel, but every team principal who radios in (or emails, lol) to him to complain is a whiny little piss bitch. That doesn't make it less funny though.
  • McLaren has the best colors, I will take no further questions on this point.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

[*]Nikita Mazepin is like if someone distilled high comedy into a human form and stuck him behind the wheel of an F1 car

My dude you missed the short lived glory that was Yuji ide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

My dude you missed the short lived glory that was Yuji ide

or the arguably far greater gift that was Pastor Maldonado