Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Happy New Year, eh?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOTiTVuizU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Starting 2022 just like I did 2020 2021, without COVID-19. Guess this sore throat is something else. Then again, I vaguely recall reading an article that Omicron is evasive to home tests, so I need to go to an actual clinic to be 100% sure.

Also, we're officially in 2020: part 2.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Posting in the thread on day one instead of being delayed to day two by an insane hangover. Already off to a better start than last year. Currently taking odds for this year’s thread exile.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think it’s funny that the OP for last year was permabanned.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Microsoft’s most recent update to Exchange broke everyone’s on-prem email servers at roughly midnight GMT because a line of code couldn’t translate the new year :psyduck:

IT is great if you don’t believe in things like holidays, weekends, etc.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Uh oh, AA. :ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/HannaBarberaCap/status/1477142558371368960

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Happy New Years friends

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1477323568794898433?s=20

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're supposed to be going to my sister's house for a second attempt at christmas, but my wife drank a whole bottle of champagne last night and decided to get up this morning and take a tylenol on an empty stomach, so instead I'm sitting around while she pukes for hours.

I kind of want to go over there just to drop off presents & food, but my wife wants me to stay home and it's an hour each way.

I hope everyone else is ringing in the new year a bit better.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Really sad that the original thread title was censored smdh

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Samadhi posted:

Really sad that the original thread title was censored smdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJdPOkMa9k

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

We're supposed to be going to my sister's house for a second attempt at christmas, but my wife drank a whole bottle of champagne last night and decided to get up this morning and take a tylenol on an empty stomach, so instead I'm sitting around while she pukes for hours.

I kind of want to go over there just to drop off presents & food, but my wife wants me to stay home and it's an hour each way.

I hope everyone else is ringing in the new year a bit better.

My condolences to her liver. (Acetaminophen interacts very badly with alcohol and should never be used to treat a hangover, as it can lead to liver toxicity.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah if I'd been awake I'd have told her not to. She avoids ibuprofin now because of her previous bouts of acid reflux. But this would have been a time to go ahead anyway. Or to just take a literal old-school aspirin.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Oh nooooooo.

Oh wait, I don't burn a hole in my steaks. :discourse:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

yeah if I'd been awake I'd have told her not to. She avoids ibuprofin now because of her previous bouts of acid reflux. But this would have been a time to go ahead anyway. Or to just take a literal old-school aspirin.

When I was in Europe at 22 everyone was terrified of taking aspirin for hangovers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

When I was in Europe at 22 everyone was terrified of taking aspirin for hangovers.

Why? Is there something I don't know about aspirin?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I find the only treatment for a hangover is a lot of water/gatorade and sleep.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Just bought an Occulus Quest 2 what VR games should I get

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My buddy had his catalytic converter stolen early this morning. He heard the grinder and ran out of bed but by the time he got to his front door they were already pulling out in a van. My man reports the biggest pain in the rear end of the whole affair is how aggressive and lovely the cops were.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's catalytic converter anti-theft devices you can buy and I need to get one as I almost had mine stolen. More things I need to do for my shitbox Toyota…

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I find the only treatment for a hangover is a lot of water/gatorade and sleep.

Nah it’s more booze

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My buddy had his catalytic converter stolen early this morning. He heard the grinder and ran out of bed but by the time he got to his front door they were already pulling out in a van. My man reports the biggest pain in the rear end of the whole affair is how aggressive and lovely the cops were.

I had mine cut once and I would never have reported it to the cops if my apartment complex at the time didn't force me to. There is absolutely zero chance of any benefit to you and like <.001% chance of them catching whoever did it.

I was at least able to do it online, my report was suitably sarcastic.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I had mine cut once and I would never have reported it to the cops if my apartment complex at the time didn't force me to. There is absolutely zero chance of any benefit to you and like <.001% chance of them catching whoever did it.

I was at least able to do it online, my report was suitably sarcastic.

Did you file an insurance claim? I thought most insurers required a police report.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did you file an insurance claim? I thought most insurers required a police report.

Yeah, I had to do that when someone drunkenly plowed into my car in my apartment complex like 15 years ago.

I even went and found the car that hit me on the other side of the complex, and still the police did nothing with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Why? Is there something I don't know about aspirin?

I think they were confusing it with the Tylenol thing. I made sure the package said acetylsalicylic acid because it's not called Aspirin in Spain.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I had to do that when someone drunkenly plowed into my car in my apartment complex like 15 years ago.

I even went and found the car that hit me on the other side of the complex, and still the police did nothing with it.

Did your insurance go after the guy? Wondering since someone on my block just had a hit and run on their car last night, but we got the plate of the car.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Pizzas came out pretty well! All of them came out edible and not burned to a crisp. Not circular by any means, but tasty. At least, I thought they were tasty; I think my family was expecting New York style, unaware that I was taking the first step on a journey towards the perfect Neapolitan pie. Ingrates :argh:

These don't look like Garfield at all. What the hell kind of pizza business are you running?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I forget the details, it was a while back when things were cheaper. The timing of the year made it not particularly worthwhile to mess with insurance with deductibles and such.

Yeah I guess having one ripped on new years day in 2022 might make you more inclined to go through the hassle.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you suffer from acid reflux whatsoever i cannot imagine drinking any champagne. And hope things get better on the homefront leper

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I filed a police report & an insurance claim when my catalytic converter was almost stolen. The former went "eh…" and never heard from them again on this matter. The latter said "this is below your deductible" and never heard from them again on this matter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did your insurance go after the guy? Wondering since someone on my block just had a hit and run on their car last night, but we got the plate of the car.

Not to my knowledge. Gave them the license plate and photos showing my car's paint all over their car and never heard from them again once they paid the shop.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me too

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Woke up with a sore throat and a headache. But no chest pains and I still have my taste. If the roads weren't frozen I'd go get tested, but alas I'm sort of hosed here. Great way to start 2022!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/MollyOShah/status/1477407306493087745?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Too bad he’s a billionaire, otherwise he could be our mascot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Too bad he’s a billionaire, otherwise he could be our mascot.

This is why I didn't get the Bill Gates sexual harassment thing, if you want some strange, you're Bill Gates, you can get women who don't work for you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've spent most of my 2022 reading. I've already completed 1 book and I'm 75% through the other. Its raining and I have nothing to do, so at least I'm getting into that goal of 75 books this year.

Edit: oh poo poo the first chat thread regular already been ban hammered. RIP Timby.

Skwirl posted:

This is why I didn't get the Bill Gates sexual harassment thing, if you want some strange, you're Bill Gates, you can get women who don't work for you.

He did, through his buddy Epstein.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 2, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

What happened to Timby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Had to go back and see who and why. Had a chuckle. Man, he was an annual gift.