Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The last one of those gets cut off and boy do you need to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That might be the funniest thing I've ever seen an AI generate.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This stuff is slowly climbing into Next Level poo poo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bigsleep/comments/rdonk8/colab_looking_glass_v11_from_bearsharktopusdev_is/

https://colab.research.google.com/drive/11vdS9dpcZz2Q2efkOjcwyax4oob6N40G#scrollTo=y-s9LfFBSyty

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ultrafilter posted:

The last one of those gets cut off and boy do you need to see it.

feedmyleg posted:

That might be the funniest thing I've ever seen an AI generate.

Pretty much, I was :hmbol:ing at that last reveal

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Inside every Smash player there are two wolves. One wolf knows all the combos and will gladly show you. The other wolf is a dick.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

An alt-left Hillary supporter lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't Hillary the most revolutionary left-wing figure that comes to mind for everyone?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wafflecopper posted:

An alt-left Hillary supporter lol

To be fair, they don’t know much about politics

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1209485377154801665

It's the time of year where we remember to go back and commemorate the All-gracious King of all the earth :pray:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

red rudolph, i beseech thee: how do you get an AI to make a good frasier script where theyre doing a bank heist

this is garbage

quote:

title: Leaked Frasier Script

The Crane brothers are wearing balaclavas on the top of their heads with their faces visibile like idiots, and they are holding AR-15s. Frasier is agitated. This was supposed to be a quiet soiree with a publisher from New York, but things have gone wrong.

Frasier yells "Niles, this is a fine mess you've gotten us into! Explain again why we are robbing a bank?"

"Oh, my brother!" Niles says, grinning through his balaclava. He speaks into his wrist-mike. "Beep, rear end in a top hat. It'll take me an hour to tell the whole story."

"You need to stop this, Niles" cries Frasier, stepping forward in alarm.

"Stop what? We're robbing a bank!" Niles replies cheerfully. "If anything, I'm taking you hostage, for your own safety!"

"We will do no such thing!" declares Frasier. "That would only make it worse!"

"No we won't! It's too late. My entire life has been spent avoiding involvement with the law. Well... not entirely avoided." Niles looks up and lowers his shotgun.

"drat," says Frasier under his breath. "Do you know who that is?"

"Of course I don't," grumbles Niles. "Who?"

Frasier motions at the man walking toward them.

"What, him?"

"Let me introduce you," says Frasier, gliding across the sidewalk in front of Niles. "Martin Crane, Father of Frasier and Niles Crane. Martin, this is Mr. Morton Dr

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

red rudolph, i beseech thee: how do you get an AI to make a good frasier script where theyre doing a bank heist

this is garbage

step 1: grab a real frasier script

http://www.kacl780.net/frasier/transcripts/season_1/episode_20/fortysomething.html

step 2: edit it so it's about a bank heist

code:
[4.20]The Heist
The Heist				Written by Sy Dukane and
						   Denise Moss
                                       Directed by Rick Beren
=====================================================================
Production Code: 4.20
Episode Number In Production Order: 69
Original Airdate on NBC: 19th December 2021

Act One.

Scene One: Outside A Bank
The Crane brothers are wearing balaclavas on the top of their heads with their faces visible like idiots, and they are holding AR-15s. Frasier is agitated.
Frasier:
Then generate your episode

quote:

Frasier: "The same bank every time? The same bank every time? Are you aware that some of these branches are within a hundred yards of each other?"
Niles: "Do you want to hear about this or not?"
Frasier: "Okay, go ahead."
Niles: "I found the perfect bank for our heist."
Frasier: "How did you find it?"
Niles: "I went through the yellow pages until I found a branch that offered the best security in the city."
Frasier: "Which one is that?"
Niles: "The First National. They've got an electronic vault door, reinforced walls, and a guard in the lobby."
Frasier: "A guard?"
Niles: "He's just there for show. He's not armed. In fact, he's a woman."
Frasier: "A woman?"
Niles: "Yes, but don't worry. She's a wimp."
Niles and Frasier leave their car and walk towards the bank.
Scene Two: The First National Bank.
Niles and Frasier walk into the bank and see the woman guard standing behind the counter reading a magazine. She looks up as they walk in and immediately recognizes them.
Guard: "Oh, it's you two again! What do you want?"
Niles: "We've come for our money."
Guard: "Right. You left it at the bank."
Niles: "Yes, you've been holding it for us."
Guard: "Yes, I've been holding it for you. But I don't know what you're talking about. You don't have any money in this bank."
Frasier: "Oh, come on, you know who we are. We've been here many times before."
Guard: "No, I don't know who you are and I don't know who you think I am, but I'll tell you one thing. I don't know any Niles, and I don't know any Frasier. So please leave."
Niles: "You think I'm Frasier. Well, of course you do. We're identical twins. Identical!"
Frasier: "Identical!"
Niles: "Frasier, don't."
Frasier: "Niles, don't."
Frasier: "Niles, don't."
Frasier: "Oh, the hell with it."
Frasier pulls out his AR-15 and points it at the woman guard.
Frasier: "We are not leaving here without our money, and you're going to help us get it."
Niles: "Frasier!"
Frasier: "Oh, Niles, Niles, Niles, Niles. You're always so concerned with being polite. Well, I'm sorry, but we're not going to leave here without our money and you're going to help us get it."
Niles: "Frasier, what are you doing?"
Frasier: "I'm doing what we came here to do. We are getting our money, and if you don't help us get it I'll shoot you."
Niles: "No, Frasier…No! Frasier, don't do it."
Frasier: "Niles, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt her. I'm just going to shoot her in the foot. That way she'll be incapacitated long enough for us to get to the vault. Then I'll shoot her in the other foot and we'll make a run for it."

Well okay it still sucks poo poo without curation, but there's some mildly amusing stuff

quote:

Frasier: We've been out here for hours!
Frasier starts to pace.
Niles: I don't understand what's taking them so long. A bank robbery usually takes about two minutes.

Frasier: [annoyed] Oh, for God's sakes!
The brothers start to walk into the bank, but then walk back out.
Niles: What?

Frasier: This is the same bank that was robbed last week. Now, if they are checking the cameras we're up a creek.
Frasier sits down.

quote:

Frasier: I mean, I don't get it. This is the biggest bank in town, and the manager didn't even notice that the vault was wide open.
Frasier is standing in the middle of the street and is going on to his companions. They are looking around.
Niles: Well, maybe he's just not very observant.
Frasier: He's the bank manager! He should be observant!
Niles: All right, all right, all right. We're going to have to have a little talk with him.
Niles goes toward the manager's office. Daphne, who is wearing a balaclava, follows him. Frasier looks out of place, so he walks toward the vault.
Frasier: What am I supposed to do?
Niles: Just stand guard.
Niles and Daphne walk into the manager's office. The manager is sitting at his desk.
Niles: [holding his gun in the air] I'm here to rob you.
Manager: [surprised] Oh, really?
Niles: Yes. You see, we're in desperate need of some cash.
Manager: Well, I'll tell you what. I think we can work something out.
Niles: Yeah?
Manager: Yeah. So, how much do you need?
Niles: Well, I don't know. I mean, a couple of hundred thousand dollars.
Manager: Okay. Well, just come on in.
Niles: [pleased] Really?
Niles and Daphne walk in.
Manager: Yeah, sure. Come on in.
Niles: [to Daphne] Would you excuse me for a moment?
Niles goes into the manager's office, leaving Daphne in the waiting room.
Manager: [to Niles] You can put your gun down.
Niles: Well, I don't know. I mean, I'm a little nervous.
Manager: I understand.
Niles: I mean, you are wearing a suit.
Manager: Yeah, of course. I have to wear a suit every day.
Niles: And a tie.
Manager: Of course.
Niles: And a watch.
Manager: Well, yeah. It's part of my job.
Niles: And you're the bank manager.
Manager: Yeah.
Niles: Okay, okay.
Niles puts his gun down.
Manager: Thanks.
Niles: Sure.
Manager: You know, I can understand your concern.
Niles: Oh, good.
Manager: I mean, I'm the bank manager. And I'm wearing a suit, and I have a gun on my desk, and I'm acting very nice to you.
Niles: That's right.
Manager: I'm giving you a couple of hundred thousand dollars.
Niles: Yep.
Manager: But I'm the bank manager.
Niles: Yeah.
Manager: So, you really ought to shoot me.
Manager: You're not going to shoot me.
Niles: No.
Manager: I mean, if you were going to shoot me, you would have done it by now.
Niles: [taken aback] Yeah, I would have.
Manager: You see, it's a matter of trust.
Manager: I trust you, and you trust me. So, let's just leave it at that.
Manager: So, you want two hundred thousand dollars?
Niles: Yes.
Manager: You just have to have a couple of pieces of identification.
Niles: Okay.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Dec 20, 2021

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i knew curation was important i just couldnt believe unfiltered was so garbage. i guess thats what the curator does, lift the level 1-2 cm above ground?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

i knew curation was important i just couldnt believe unfiltered was so garbage. i guess thats what the curator does, lift the level 1-2 cm above ground?

It's common knowledge in machine learning that you get VASTLY better results on basically every text-related task if you can run it five times and handpick the best one.

The problem is, of course, that you can't automate that.

That said, 'prompt tuning' is a bit of a black art, where if you figure out the exact way to ask the AI what to do, you can get much better results. Usually that's by providing an example, or getting it to do a list. So for episode summaries, which are short, you can stick an example summary in, give it a new title, and it'll generate a summary and keep going, keeping roughly to the style of what you entered.

quote:

#1: “Deathtrap”
“Frasier” loved a farce, though as the years went on the stories often got stretched gossamer thin. However, “Deathtrap” is largely able to avoid that. It’s a crazy premise: Frasier and Niles find a skull under the floorboards of their childhood home and forget that it was part of a production of “Hamlet.” It's a lot of fun.
#2: “Frasier Robs a Bank”

Frasier’s best episodes are usually the ones that involve a bit of silliness with the family, and this is no exception. Niles and Daphne decide to rob the vault at the bank that employs Niles, and Frasier ends up accidentally helping them. It’s a great farce, and it’s also nice to see that Niles and Daphne’s relationship is so strong that they can pull off something so wild together.
#3: “Our Father Whose Art Ain’t Heaven”
“Frasier” did a lot of great multi-part episodes, and many of them came in the last few years of the show when it felt like the writers were just pulling out all the stops. This is one of the best. It’s a story of the Crane brothers trying to get their father to bequeath them his beloved painting, but it’s also a story of the Crane brothers trying to be better people in their own lives.

Tell it to make first lines, and it'll do that

quote:

#1: “Deathtrap”
“Frasier” loved a farce, though as the years went on the stories often got stretched gossamer thin. However, “Deathtrap” is largely able to avoid that. It’s a crazy premise: Frasier and Niles find a skull under the floorboards of their childhood home and forget that it was part of a production of “Hamlet.” It's a lot of fun.
First lines: "My god Frasier, you've lost weight?!" "No Niles, that's a skull"

###
#2: “Frasier Robs a Bank”

The show had more than a few fun heist episodes, but this one is by far the best. It’s utterly ridiculous, with Martin trying to show off as a security guard, Frasier and Niles planning the robbery, and Martin thinking he can catch the “bad guys.” There’s a lot of fun in this one, making it a sure-fire winner.
First line: "Well I can see we're going to have a terrific evening"

Now, you can also do 'fine tuning', which is probably the best thing for a script. That basically means dumping in all the frasier transcripts as additional training data repeatedly, and telling the neural net 'learn from this'.

That costs a lot more money to do through open AI (default is 5 MB trained with 4 passes, for 120 dollars on their most advanced network).

The insurmountable issue is the current models have a pretty short memory, so they really don't have context beyond the most recent 1024 tokens or whatever the limit is, so doing a coherent script as a whole is going to be a problem. You can maybe do a small scene that's okay, but that's about it.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Dec 20, 2021

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Tunicate posted:

“Frasier Robs a Bank”
AI Dungeon could be used to build a Frasier world, with the main characters, plot, and settings all defined as world info. It has to be written manually, but gives it a little bit of long term memory and even a little memory makes a big difference. I'm sure an api designed to handle memory triggers for GPT-3 could do a lot better than AI Dungeon though. Anyways, I'm not gonna build a World of Frasier but I will half-rear end it and prompt my AI Dungeon chatbot, even though its world info is already packed full of unrelated crap.

Context: I'm writing a script for the show "Frasier". The title of this episode is "Frasier Robs a Bank". This is a heist episode. It’s utterly ridiculous, with Martin trying to show off as a security guard, Frasier and Niles planning the robbery, and Martin thinking he can catch the “bad guys.” There’s a lot of fun in this one.

Style tip: I am writing a script for an episode of the show "Frasier".

These are the uncut uncurated first-pass responses. Lets see how long it can stay on-plot without any interaction. Prompts and input are in bold. I looked up an actual Frasier script to imitate for the prompt.

<Syd> Rach, I have a writing challenge for you. You've seen the tv show "Frasier" before, and read Frasier fanfic. I'm going to give you a plot synopsis for an episode of Frasier, and you're going to write a quick script to demonstrate your writing skills. Ready?
<Rach> I'm ready, Syd.
My name is Rach and I am writing a script for Frasier.
FRASIER
"Frasier Robs a Bank"
-----
ACT ONE
Scene A
INT. FRASIER'S LIVING ROOM - DAY
(Niles, Frasier, Martin)
FRASIER IS PACING IN HIS LIVING ROOM. MARTIN AND NILES ARE SEATED ON A COUCH, LOOKING AT HIM.
Niles: (TO MARTIN) Well I can see we're going to have a terrific evening.

quote:

Martin: What, are you afraid that the bank's going to cancel your precious concert?
Niles: Yes! Our tickets are five hundred dollars each. Not to mention the cost of our trip here--the airfare alone!
Martin: You could have gotten a direct flight, you chose to travel with a carrier with one stop.
Niles: I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about the poor people that had to fly on that bankrupt airline!
Martin: Come on Niles, they'll be fine.
Niles: I'm still worried.
Martin: Let's watch some T.V.
Fraiser: Great idea. (GRABS THE REMOTE) Let's see. Where were we?
He turns on the television to channel 9. A breaking news alert appears on the screen:
Breaking News
First Community Bank has been robbed. The suspect was last seen entering a grey sedan. Do not approach. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Martin: That's strange.
Niles: Who would rob a bank?
it seems unrealistic that a robber would enter a sedan. to be concrete, most robbers get away by car.
Martin: That's just what they want us to think.
Niles: The police won't have any trouble catching him. They're good at their job.
Martin: "Their"? You don't think the robber is a man?
Niles: It's just an expression.
Martin: I know that.
Frasier: I'll have you know that my listeners use "their" as a pronoun too.
Martin: Your listeners are idiots.
Niles: Dad!
Martin: (To Niles) Not you. I'm talking about people in general. (To Frasier) Listen, we'll have to wait for the police to apprehend the robber. In the meantime I'm starving. Who wants dinner?
Niles: I'll stay here. I don't want to miss any news about the robbery.
Martin: Sissies.
He stands up from the couch and walks out of the living room. Niles and Frasier follow.
Elaine: I'm coming too. I want to talk to Martin about art.
She leaves the room after him. You are left alone.
You turn on the Television. You turn to channel 9. An image of a man appears on the screen. He is wearing a dark suit and a dark tie. His face is expressionless. The sound is muted.
So a few good attempts at jokes, but AI Dungeon has trained their engine to use the second person present tense to get that Infocom feel and it will inevitably slip into it when left to itself. No surprise that it had trouble with a pronoun joke.

Tunicate posted:

It's common knowledge in machine learning that you get VASTLY better results on basically every text-related task if you can run it five times and handpick the best one.
tbf most humans will do better at writing if they have feedback from others, as opposed to writing it in isolation. Humans still do better than AI when writing in isolation because we have a lifetime of context and can mentally simulate an audience; an AGI that could do anything close that is still decades away.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 15:21 on Dec 21, 2021

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

It bothers me that it was making a pronoun jokes. I demand some botsplanation. All first tries, no cherry picking:

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because it uses the same pronoun in two different ways. It's like "Those are my friends Niles and Martin. This is my friend Frasier." You can use the word "they" to refer to one person or more than one person.

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because it uses an expression that is untrue. "They" is only a plural pronoun, and the robber could not be anyone but a singular person.

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because in the English language, we usually say "you" when addressing a single person, but "your" when addressing a group of people (as in, "theirs", "yours", "theirs", etc). So the joke is that when Martin says "not you", he means that the idiocy is limited to Niles.
The script is supposed to be read alongside your retelling of it.

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because it's self-referential. A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. The word "it" in "It seems unrealistic..." is a pronoun.
You can also see it in the title of the episode, since Frasier is a pronoun.
-----
Martin: (Enters) This head of lettuce looks like it's been run over.

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because the robber is a man, but the pronoun "their" refers to a person of the female gender.

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because the use of "their" as a pronoun is commonly accepted in AI circles.
Eh... I'll refresh it a few times and cherry pick. Fourth try:

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because it's not just "They" that police are often referred to with a gender neutral pronoun, but also "he". Police are referred to with "he" when the job is thought to be a masculine one. That's funny because Frasier is a radio show character that is an intellectual and wouldn't be caught dead using a word like "his" to refer to a police officer.
Fifth try:

quote:

The pronoun joke is funny because the word "they" is a pronoun but it also refers to a car.
----
I really like that joke.
I bet you do! ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I've explained jokes like this one before.
Not funny but I like it when GPT-3 uses emoticons. All in all I was expecting a lot worse. Looks like GPT-3 writes better jokes than conservatives, although that's setting the bar pretty drat low.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Dec 21, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

PYF ProcGen: Martin: (Enters) This head of lettuce looks like it's been run over.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

It feels like the bot caught itself after saying Frasier is a pronoun and went back to the script to distract from how stupid that was.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

thx for attempting to make Frasier heists yall

unrelated:
https://twitter.com/EmrecanCubukcu/status/1470288016300285963

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

siiiiiii9iiiiighjhjghjghjhjhjh

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Syd Midnight posted:

It bothers me that it was making a pronoun jokes. I demand some botsplanation. All first tries, no cherry picking:

Using the word "they/them" to refer to a single person English feels... weird. Even though it is grammatically correct, it has been taught to a lot of people that it is a plural neutral pronoun.

I think English is the only language that does not have a singular non-gendered pronoun. It's a mind worm that cannot leave the head easily.

It is hard to get a large corpus of text that uses "they/them" a third of a time to refer to someone unless you want GPT-0.5

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

EVIL Gibson posted:

I think English is the only language that does not have a singular non-gendered pronoun. It's a mind worm that cannot leave the head easily.

...You, surely is a non-gendered singular pronoun.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You for men and yau for women.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Samovar posted:

-1714, idk some angry quaker

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brawnfire posted:

You for men and yau for women.

"Hey, can you take this drink to you at table?"

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49754930 posted:

Examples of the singular "they" being used to describe someone features as early as 1386 in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales and also in famous literary works like Shakespeare's Hamlet in 1599.

"They" and "them" were still being used by literary authors to describe people in the 17th Century too - including by Jane Austin in her 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice.

EVIL Gibson has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Dec 22, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Samovar posted:

Well I myself can't think of another. Maybe somebody else can. Anyone?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Splicer posted:

Well I myself can't think of another. Maybe somebody else can. Anyone?

Nobody can. Someone will have to come up with a new one.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Qué?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

AI Dungeon has a new option that uses an external AI to create procedural art based on recent text. I wonder how well it will do with genres like zombie, apocalypse, and general chat.

oh hey I got one

ouch. god drat.

e:

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Dec 23, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

For more than a millennia, human beings have debated what the true meaning of Christmas is. Some say it's a religious holiday meant to celebrate Christ. Some say it's become a secular cultural holiday meant to celebrate family, togetherness, love, and cheer. Some say it's a day to indulge in crass commercialism and worship at the altar of capitalism.

Finally in 2021, a scientist invented a machine to determine the true meaning of Christmas, once and for all. When the machine is ready to reveal the true meaning of Christmas, hundreds of thousands of people gather around with bated breath as snow begins to fall. After humming and whirring for some time, finally the machine turns its display on, and it prints out the following message:

AFTER TRILLIONS-UPON-TRILLIONS OF CALCULATIONS, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IS
: "TO DIE."

The machine then begins to beep and blink, and a loud siren begins to ring, flashing in red and blue lights. People begin to panic as the machine begins flashing red. "If the machine is correct, that means that..." the scientist says before being cut off by a loud crack. The scientist falls to the ground, blood pouring down his face. A woman in a Santa Claus suit runs over to the scientist, and asks what just happened.

"The machine just told the truth," the woman says.

"What's going on?" the man asks.

The woman looks over at the machine, and notices that it too has begun to bleed. The woman looks at her hands, and sees that they're covered in blood, just like the scientist. The woman takes a look around, and notices the snow has all turned red. Then it begins to rain, a large drop landing on the woman's head, soaking her blonde hair. The woman looks up at the sky, and sees that it's getting darker, and the rain is now turning to blood.

The man grabs his wife, and they look around, noticing the same things. They begin to run towards the machine, but they're too late. The scene turns to chaos as other people notice the situation. A few people stand near the machine, unsure what to do.

"Everyone, run!" the woman in the Santa Claus suit says, and the people begin to run for their lives.

When the man and his wife reach the machine, it has now stopped flashing, and is just sitting there, on a sticky patch of red snow. "You're too late," a deep voice says.

The man looks up, and sees a man wearing a red, blood-covered hooded robe, standing in the middle of the red, slippery snow. The man looks down at the man and his wife, and smiles. "It's time for the world to end," the man says.

The man in the hooded robe slowly walks over to the machine, and looks inside. Then, the man in the hooded robe turns towards the man and his wife, and says, "you are very astute."

The man in the hooded robe then removes his hood, revealing a long, red beard. "My name is Christ. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

The couple nod. "It's time for the world to end," the man says.

"You are the two people that will broadcast this message to the world. I need you to do it, though."

"We can't," the wife says. "We don't have the technology."

"I'm giving you the technology," Christ says. "All you have to do is press the button on the front of the machine."

The man presses the button, and nothing happens. "I'm sorry."

"Do it again," the man says.

The man does it again, and the same thing happens. "It doesn't work."

"It will work," Christ says. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Press the button again."

The man does it again, and this time it works. A button appears at the side of the machine. The man looks at it, and presses it, and the world goes dark.

"This is the apocalypse," the man says. "God bless you, and may God bless America."

The world comes to an end, and the man and his wife are the only two people left. They survive off the land for a while, until another civilization arises that is more technologically advanced and more inclined towards goodness.

The End

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

e: And some alternatives:

quote:

AFTER TRILLIONS-UPON-TRILLIONS OF CALCULATIONS, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IS REVENGE.

This revelation leads to a manhunt of sorts, as the public scrambles to find an old white supremacist who was involved in a black market in stolen research, to sell to the highest bidder.

Meanwhile, the people who are responsible for putting the machine together are rounded up and placed under house arrest. When the snow melts, the public votes to either execute the scientists or grant them a pardon.

The public is then informed that Christmas is canceled.

Hm. Okay. What about something a bit more fun:

quote:

AFTER TRILLIONS-UPON-TRILLIONS OF CALCULATIONS, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS IS TO CREATE, RECREATE, AND CELEBRATE FAMILY.

The crowd is stunned. "What the heck does that mean?" one man asks.

"I don't know," another answers.

"It's gibberish," a woman says.

"It's not. Look how much it makes sense," a man says.

"It doesn't! It doesn't make any sense! It's all a load of crap!" a woman says.

There's an angry mobbing and shoving match, and the police have to step in to restore order.

At this point, the machine's operator interrupts the proceedings. "I'm not able to calculate the meaning of this message, but you are all invited to a party at my new super-mega-mega-mega-yacht! Yacht Club membership is included!"

That night, hundreds of thousands of people cram into the streets to witness the unveiling of a special super-mega-yacht. It appears on the horizon with a brilliant light. It's so big, it blocks out the moon and stars. It's so massive, it would dwarf the Great Wall of China. The crowd goes wild. They're chanting, "Party at my boat! Party at my boat!"

The boat pulls up to the dock. Out jumps a man holding a white, puffy balloon. "You're all invited!" he screams, "to a party at my boat!"

And then it just went on and on about how rad the boat party was. The reason for the season!

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Dec 24, 2021

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Well it has a happy ending at least

e: the first one that is

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Welp

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

feedmyleg posted:

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

e: And some alternatives:

Hm. Okay. What about something a bit more fun:

And then it just went on and on about how rad the boat party was. The reason for the season!

That last one actually made me giggle. Can I go to the super-mega-yacht party?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

COLLECTED HATS OF THE SAPIENT ORGANICS

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ResNeXtGuesser/status/1474454846027694081

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,