Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

New robert fett show is good. The showrunners for the star wars tv shows know the star wars formula of samurai western is the way to do it, gives me high hopes for the ewan mcgregor obi wan show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

McCloud posted:

I rewatched Raimis films too and I agree. I even liked the third one, I didn't get the campy humor the first time I saw it in my teens, but I really appreciated it this time around. Also that subway fight against Sandman looked better than the Black Panther one lol

One thing I did notice is that Raimi loves him a shot of a woman screaming her lungs out

especially in spider-man 2 there are so many low angle shots of women with exposed midriffs screaming at stuff. the most hilarious example is in the fight scene on the side of the building where ock slams spidey through a window and they tussel inside this office and there's a woman in a blouse and skirt that they keep barely not hitting. by the end of the scene her blouse has ridden up to expose her stomach. extremely 00s energy in those movies

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

especially in spider-man 2 there are so many low angle shots of women with exposed midriffs screaming at stuff. the most hilarious example is in the fight scene on the side of the building where ock slams spidey through a window and they tussel inside this office and there's a woman in a blouse and skirt that they keep barely not hitting. by the end of the scene her blouse has ridden up to expose her stomach. extremely 00s energy in those movies

who cares

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

watched don't look up hung over from NYE.... dog shite movie wow that was bad and just flat out boring, i think i already forgot it all, and somehow even less funny than melancholia or first reformed

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the power of the dog loving sucked holy crap

the lost daughter was pretty bad too 2021s looking pretty dire for award bait

taking a moment to quietly lol over how nobody ever watches any of the 2021 award bait movies until 2022

Serf
May 5, 2011

MLSM posted:

who cares

if it sounded like i was saying it's a bad thing, i wasn't

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattmedved/status/1477096464895680512

thread title plz

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

you can practically hear the voice of adam curtis narrating at this point

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

josh04 posted:

you can practically hear the voice of adam curtis narrating at this point

lol

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Watched Don't Look Up. The only thing I didn't like was implying a tech company's algorithms are actually accurate or useful, though the joke worked.

Everything else seemed pretty spot on.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

i say swears online posted:

ridley writes "BALIEN" on the whiteboard and puts two slashes through the B

This made me cackle uncontrollably for a little while

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

watched don't look up hung over from NYE.... dog shite movie wow that was bad and just flat out boring, i think i already forgot it all, and somehow even less funny than melancholia or first reformed

glad i'm not the only one who thinks there is some hilarious poo poo in both those movies, particularly the latter.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

drat modern TVs have the most mind-fucky default video processing options on as default. I'm at my dad's place today and I thought I had turned off all the edge processing, smart sharpening, colour boosting, motion blending poo poo, but I was watching a movie and the whole time my brain was screaming that what I was watching wasn't right. Turns out it sets it's poo poo sandwich defaults for every input separately to be maximally helpful, and I was watching something on an input I hadn't changed.

At least the next movie looked right.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
People finding Anita Sarkeesian's Letterboxd account is pretty funny. It's wild how someone was promoted to the forefront of criticism when they have no media literacy. She's taken a course on how to point out things, but not to understand what she's seeing.

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1477452900884377600?t=x8BxTNkEaBPODevn5YANdQ&s=19

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Hezbolsonaro/status/1477503251570298880

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you're a grand wizard harry

E: not clicking that tweet because i am so brilliantly original that i don't need to confirm that no one else made this joke in that thread

Mola Yam has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Jan 2, 2022

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Recently saw Kuso again.

I remember enjoying the movie when I was high, which may have been the main factor in my enjoyment of the film at the time.

Normally, I enjoy Flying Lotus's work. Loved his albums up to Flamagra and he's not the worst rapper under his Captain Murphy moniker.

However, re-watching Kuso sober, it's like he's doing his best Jodorowsky impression and he is no Jodorowsky. I'm not the biggest fan, but I get the appeal of films like the Holy Mountain. Kuso is just 90 minutes of Flying Lotus throwing weird avant - garde poo poo at the wall (sometimes literally) and trying to see what sticks, without understanding what made Jodorowsky flicks appealing.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BingeWatchThis_/status/1477347390105391108

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blood Boils posted:

Lol smh of course this thread enjoyed Free Guy :mediocre:

Gamer is true movie aficionado's choice :smug:

Gamer loving owns

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Yay!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

hahahaha

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Forceholy posted:

Recently saw Kuso again.

I remember enjoying the movie when I was high, which may have been the main factor in my enjoyment of the film at the time.

Normally, I enjoy Flying Lotus's work. Loved his albums up to Flamagra and he's not the worst rapper under his Captain Murphy moniker.

However, re-watching Kuso sober, it's like he's doing his best Jodorowsky impression and he is no Jodorowsky. I'm not the biggest fan, but I get the appeal of films like the Holy Mountain. Kuso is just 90 minutes of Flying Lotus throwing weird avant - garde poo poo at the wall (sometimes literally) and trying to see what sticks, without understanding what made Jodorowsky flicks appealing.

I like Holy Mountain and Jodorowky in general but I'm curious what do you think makes his films appealing? I've seen The Dance of Reality and it was interesting but I dunno if I think it's good, also haven't seen Kuso.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

the real snyder's cut

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Flash is gonna shoot them all in the head

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We are getting Keaton playing an insane old man bruce

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol is DC finally saying gently caress it and hitting the reset button

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

warner bros big tentpole release for 2022 is going to be at least 50% janitoring earlier films out of the franchise, making excuses for why actors aren't returning, and trying to dance around the palace coup that kept it "in development" for so long. excellent.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
didn’t the flash actor beat up a woman in a Walmart last year too

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

was she a criminal this is important information

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

DrVenkman posted:

People finding Anita Sarkeesian's Letterboxd account is pretty funny. It's wild how someone was promoted to the forefront of criticism when they have no media literacy. She's taken a course on how to point out things, but not to understand what she's seeing.

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1477452900884377600?t=x8BxTNkEaBPODevn5YANdQ&s=19

is anita sex negative

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Smythe posted:

Gamer loving owns

Rewatched it a couple of months ago. It really is the most C-Spam movie in existence.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Waiting and deadpool are the only good Ryan Reynolds roles that I've seen

Good soup! posted:

lol is DC finally saying gently caress it and hitting the reset button

WB execs just hitting that button over and over while staring at tomatometer numbers, waiting for them to turn into dollar signs

Meanwhile the less Snyder's influence is involved the less money they make lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
there's a Ryan Reynolds movie he made with Sandra Bullock and Betty White where Betty White's character claims to be something like Tlingit or Athabaskan and she wears a head dress and does some kind of Native American "dance".

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/agraybee/status/1477754515155820546

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
aaaaa. if i wanted to hear about a bunch of dumb lib wokescolds opinion on media i'd just go to forumid 151

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1476260082237071360

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
reject the poison of analyzing movies' content. instead, embrace the healing powers of appreciating movie visuals

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
WB has outlawed CD, we begin bombing in five minutes