Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

init posted:

He just uploaded another NFT an hour ago that's actually priced at $1:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1477447601381425152

:ughh:

I'll buy this if I can use just like actual US currency- you know, like the greenish kind, printed on linen, and then digitized? Like a normal person?

I will pee money on Nathen if I can do so via PayPal or a debit card but lord strike me down if I ever create a crypto wallet or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I take a dimmer view of this rube and wont be giving him a single cent from my negative account balance.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I love how Nathan brings up the same three people as his examples for everything from drugs, to sex addiction, and busted relationships lmao

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

init posted:

I also love that it has "UNEDITED" right there on the cover. Not even false advertising.

Because of this book I regularly ask myself, "Am I being thinking species or feeling species?". So Nathen's book has definitely made a difference (Carbon-Neutral) to my life!

SIGNED BY AUTHOR

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I love how Nathan brings up the same three people as his examples for everything from drugs, to sex addiction, and busted relationships lmao

Their names are Nathen, Nathaniel, and Mister Mazri.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
as an aside, if you like Nathen are missing your favorite orange feline, please be sure to try Garfield Kart: Furious Racing for *checks Steam* $1.50 today!!!!!

The Garfield franchise is so goddamn lucrative, I can see why the end of Garfield Eats bothers Nathen so bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

init posted:

Has he explained what a "Carbon-Neutral NFT" even means? Is he walking around planting trees for every NFT sold?

Why even bother trying to carbon offset something like an NFT that is pure electricity and has no physical benefit whatsoever. Isn't it better to just not mint the NFT in the first place?
Yes, it was in the initial announcement. He's donating to 1% for the Planet, an organisation that supports environmental non-profits through donations of 1% of the member's income.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
1% of the zero money that any of this has made is still zero

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Futanari Damacy posted:

1% of the zero money that any of this has made is still zero

That just proves it's carbon neutral, doh

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Guys my fiancée is desperately trying to buy that Garfield NFT now thanks

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

For a laugh I tried to buy one of the NFTs because I have a pittance of ETH in a wallet. Unfortunately to buy the $1 NFT you have to pay an additional ~$75 in network fees on top of it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Steve Jorbs posted:

For a laugh I tried to buy one of the NFTs because I have a pittance of ETH in a wallet. Unfortunately to buy the $1 NFT you have to pay an additional ~$75 in network fees on top of it.

someone needs to tell nathen about how the etherium guys are scamming him

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Steve Jorbs posted:

lol

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

First the landmonsters and now this, the cryptomonsters :mad:

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
Nathen should have minted his NFTs using the Garfield token.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

He's got 11 NFTs on OpenSea and probably spent well in excess of $1000 to mint all of them. He wanted a record of ownership for GardfieldEATS and he got it. No one is ever buying those loving things off of him lol.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Steve Jorbs posted:

lol this was the exact issue she had

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Its impossible to give Nathan Mazri any money. Even the lasagnas were exclusive to only 1 or 2 cities in Canada. Why sell frozen goods online if you're not gonna send it anywhere further than a 30min drive? Might as well sell fresh from the oven then

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1477509612828086274?t=pkt21TIDHNZqVIS5MOwelg&s=19

Please, I need to know what was in the sauce

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Solomon Gumball posted:

Nathen should have minted his NFTs using the Garfield token.

Are we 100% sure that it isn’t Nathen?

Steve Jorbs posted:

So much for the “Free Market”!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Gonna be heartbreaking when nickelodeon starts knocking with lawsuits and then Nathen gets to the court to defend himself and realizes the prosecutor is garfield himself.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

The Alchemist posted:

Its impossible to give Nathan Mazri any money. Even the lasagnas were exclusive to only 1 or 2 cities in Canada. Why sell frozen goods online if you're not gonna send it anywhere further than a 30min drive? Might as well sell fresh from the oven then
The restrictions were Ontario only for whatever reason. Ontario is a big place, nearly twice the size of Texas. The shipping restriction means you could get a frozen lasagna shipped from Toronto to a town on the Minnesota border (~1700 km) but not to Montreal (500 km)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Nathen showing up to court in the garf suit to represent himself and being immediately forced to remove the whole thing or be held in contempt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cover
Title page
blank 'protection page' (whatever those are called)
6 paragraph dedications page that ends up just being to himself.
Chapter 1 - Lasagna page
Recipe: "Call Eric at 1-866-578-1234 and ask to order at least one gross of their Ready-Made Authentic Spring Style, All beef frozen lasagnas to ensure you get the free shipping. GarfTip! Higher volume = lower per unit cost!!"
Chapter 2 - Garfield Pan Pizza
Recipe: "Call Dave at...."
Chapter 3 - Garfaccino
Recipe Coming Soon
Back Cover

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
from somewhat personal experience i can guarantee there is no process easier and more straightforward than making a recipe book. unless you need photos, or people to test the recipes, or to come up with recipes in the first place...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Steve Jorbs posted:

The restrictions were Ontario only for whatever reason. Ontario is a big place, nearly twice the size of Texas. The shipping restriction means you could get a frozen lasagna shipped from Toronto to a town on the Minnesota border (~1700 km) but not to Montreal (500 km)

Freeze them all together and float them across Lake Ontario under the cover of darkness. Carry them up Niagara Falls by hand (there’s stairs up I think), refreeze, and then float on to Lake Erie and the rest of the Great Lakes. Simple.

I mean goddamn, I need distribution solutions, not more distribution QUITTERS

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Except he doesn’t own that lasagna recipe. Some frozen food company does. He just rebranded them as Lviv cow lasagnas” and resold them.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Riding Maid of The Mists from Niagra to Texas with bootleg lasagna

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the Pony Express except it is a Big Cow

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big Beef City posted:

Cover
Title page
blank 'protection page' (whatever those are called)
6 paragraph dedications page that ends up just being to himself.
Chapter 1 - Lasagna page
Recipe: "Call Eric at 1-866-578-1234 and ask to order at least one gross of their Ready-Made Authentic Spring Style, All beef frozen lasagnas to ensure you get the free shipping. GarfTip! Higher volume = lower per unit cost!!"
Chapter 2 - Garfield Pan Pizza
Recipe: "Call Dave at...."
Chapter 3 - Garfaccino
Recipe Coming Soon
Back Cover

Pages 15-100: Arabiolosis leftover stock glued in

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Forget the Garfield cookbook, I want the forbidden tome containing the Scooby-Doo EATS frozen hotdog recipe.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why can I picture Nathan selling these as literal scrolls, unironically

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Riding Maid of The Mists from Niagra to Texas with bootleg lasagna
Keep them stored in the old grain silos while awaiting transport across the Erie Canal on mule drawn barge.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1477665722646028290?s=20

I let him know the cup NFT didn't have a list price and got a personal mneowww in response. Should I mint it as an NFT?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Steve Jorbs posted:

Keep them stored in the old grain silos while awaiting transport across the Erie Canal on mule drawn barge.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1477665722646028290?s=20

I let him know the cup NFT didn't have a list price and got a personal mneowww in response. Should I mint it as an NFT?

I mean, I’m just going to right-click it but sure.

A great orange freighter, hull entirely made of frozen Garf Sauce and shredded pizza boxes, laden with Big Cow Lasagna, orange peels, and a Dream.

All it took was one stormy night to sent it to the bottom of Lake Superior

The Wreck of the Lyman Garfitzgerald

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Literally Kermit posted:

I mean, I’m just going to right-click it but sure.

A great orange freighter, hull entirely made of frozen Garf Sauce and shredded pizza boxes, laden with Big Cow Lasagna, orange peels, and a Dream.

All it took was one stormy night to sent it to the bottom of Lake Superior

The Wreck of the Lyman Garfitzgerald

the legend lives on from Ontarians on down

of the orange drink they call Garffucino

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

the legend lives on from Ontarians on down

of the orange drink they call Garffucino

I was born in Manitowoc WI right on the lake, which has a large maritime museum, the one with the complete WWII Gato class sub, I've posted it before. One of the exhibits there (I know because I volunteered as a teen), talks about how in the late 1880's through the 1910's they'd send sail ships from the UP of Michigan down to Chicago just loving loaded with Christmas trees for the people in the city.

One of them (many of them actually but this one was famous) caught fire during a winter storm and basically became the world's largest Viking funeral pyre ship that ever existed right off the coast of town.

Now I'm imagining that scenario except it's baking delicious greasy cat shaped pizzas as she goes.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The legend lives on from Toronto on down
Of the big ship they called Entergagement
Viacom it is said never gives up the cat
When the licensee has celibate derangement

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Free Market Mambo posted:

The legend lives on from Toronto on down
Of the big ship they called Entergagement
Viacom it is said never gives up the cat
When the licensee has celibate derangement

:eyepop:

init
Jun 20, 2021

Ghostlight posted:

Yes, it was in the initial announcement. He's donating to 1% for the Planet, an organisation that supports environmental non-profits through donations of 1% of the member's income.

Huh, thanks. I thought that was something Nathen just made up.

Steve Jorbs posted:

Is the $75 in fees the actual electricity/materials cost for a GPU to add something to the blockchain?

Because if that's the case, lol Nathen's trying to carbon offset $75 by donating $0.01 from a $1 NFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

It's stupider than that. Because of the nature of crypto, if you want your transactions to pass, you have to add the fees. It's not to offset anything, it's a hard set "feature" of the code. If you don't send more than the average fee, your transaction just sits there forever, unprocessed. And the more used the network is, the higher the fees will go. If it sounds super stupid, you're understanding it completely right.

Edit: so the $75 don't represent the cost of energy or anything, it's just the average fee that you have to pay more than to get your transactions to 'go' in the chain, yeah. It could be a lot more. It could be near nothing, it just depends on how busy your blockchain is. If Nathen really wanted he could've bought ONE cloud server and ran his own token (everything is source code) and then used THAT to mint his NFTs and then they would be as valid as any other NFTs ever minted, but that would've taken more than 30 minutes of watching youtube tutorials or god forbid hire someone.

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 2, 2022