Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Samadhi posted:

I envy no man that has to shovel gravel driveways

I had a 100'x30' gravel driveway until I had concrete poured this last summer. Snowblowing/shoveling never felt so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bird in a Blender posted:

People aren’t dumber, we just gave all the dumb people megaphones.

That sounds right.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Played Deep Rock Galactic online with Blowjob Overtime last night and had a great time, 2022 is off to a great start

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There is some real movie set snow going on in Chicago right now. Just this very gentle, dry snow while still being bright out, and no wind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Do I have to start liking Jake Paul?

https://twitter.com/doinkpatrol/status/1477412016335765508?t=WdJO13y2uNC9BkA2F8hdPQ&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

There is some real movie set snow going on in Chicago right now. Just this very gentle, dry snow while still being bright out, and no wind.

Started my early morning walk this morning and it was 70. By the time I came back home the cold front was coming through and it was already 57. I'm ready for some cooler weather in winter.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It rocks. My dog has been going bonkers outside yesterday / today. Dude loves snow so much.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's hard to believe that's so when you consider the astounding stupidity of the average American of the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

The ability for all branches of stupidity to interconnect, feed off of and amplify one another has just sped up poo poo by an order of magnitude.

My parents saw my sister in California over Christmas and she is apparently now anti vax. Her toddler is not vaccinated, and she is currently like seven months pregnant. She does not have an obgyn, relying instead on a doula, even though she was recently hospitalized with sustained tach in the 160s

I briefly explained to my parents how since everything on Facebook is connected, it is very easy to go from like vegan cookie ideas to anti vax/wayfair smuggling children.

Sister isn’t qanon yet but once you go down the anti vax hole there’s not an appreciable difference at the end of the day.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Dr has a sister who works for Pfizer and won’t get the vaccine

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That algorithm effect is a problem. Still, how much of your sister spiraling out is that and how much is a couple decades of institutional incompetence and malice proving the traditional authorities of our societyuntrustworthy. I mean, can we really expect better from folks than siding with the internet corridor that makes them feel best given circumstances?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

She does not have an obgyn, relying instead on a doula, even though she was recently hospitalized with sustained tach in the 160s

:captainpop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Antivax has had a bit of a foothold in California for a while hasn’t it? Like dating back well before Covid. Seems like there’s a bit of horseshoe theory at play when it comes to vaccines and GMOs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just idiocy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Antivax has had a bit of a foothold in California for a while hasn’t it? Like dating back well before Covid. Seems like there’s a bit of horseshoe theory at play when it comes to vaccines and GMOs.

Yeah, it was one of the major anti-MMR hot spots well before COVID. There's a bunch of weird hippie spiritualist people who went from that to COVID denial to full blown Qanon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Just idiocy.

I mean, ignoring that whatever etiology lead to a sustained sinus tachycardia is like fetaldistress.txt, I can’t imagine an emergent tachyarrhythmia pharmacological intervention is much better.

General Dog posted:

No doubt. They are dumb too.

Anti-vax poo poo has been a problem for awhile but it has really flourished with the “freedom” crowd.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
For over a decade Vancover, Washington (the bedroom community just north of Portland) has been a national hub of both proud boy fascists and wine mom antivaxxers. We should have known these strains of humanity would eventually crossbreed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, ignoring that whatever etiology lead to a sustained sinus tachycardia is like fetaldistress.txt, I can’t imagine an emergent tachyarrhythmia pharmacological intervention is much better.

No you see there’s a fluid shift at x months or whatever and this is totally fine and normal and doulas have a great record (because of anything goes wrong they dial 911)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

Yeah I think it's been able to gain the foothold in the public discourse that is has in part because it has that sort of "bipartisan" support. If it was just weird hippies or weirder libertarian types it could be dismissed a lot more easily.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

No matter where you are on the political spectrum, enough internet exposure can and will eventually make you anti-"chemicals" and pro-hetai.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

No you see there’s a fluid shift at x months or whatever and this is totally fine and normal and doulas have a great record (because of anything goes wrong they dial 911)

They know ambulances aren’t staffed by obstetricians right? lol

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

Played Deep Rock Galactic online with Blowjob Overtime last night and had a great time, 2022 is off to a great start

:hellyeah:

Happy to be your Deep Rock guides giving advice that doesn't apply until you're dozens of hours into the game. Also it turns out playing with a full team of four whips rear end.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The anti-vax crowd has grown ever since there was a debunked report that vaccines cause autism. The report never had any actual evidence, but crazy moms clung onto it. Combine that with naturlists, hippie granola moms, and then the general anti-government/anti-science crowd and there were already a bunch of anti-vaxers. Most of those were parents not vaccinating their kids though, since they had been given vaccines as kids already. This was leading to mumps and measles outbreaks in certain communities.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For over a decade Vancover, Washington (the bedroom community just north of Portland) has been a national hub of both proud boy fascists and wine mom antivaxxers. We should have known these strains of humanity would eventually crossbreed.

Everywhere outside of Pierce, King and Snohomish county in Washington State is basically the South with fewer black people and worse food.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've said it before and I still stan for it: Portland has more decent BBQ places than should be for a population that has very few black people.

Meanwhile here in Maryland part of the DMV my sister lives in has complete poo poo BBQ options. Good thing my brother-in-law loves barbecuing/smoking meats.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

The first measles outbreak in forever happened at DLand in California because of them yeah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

They know ambulances aren’t staffed by obstetricians right? lol

Just lean them on their left side and induce/delay/give mag ox

I dunno I hated obgyn

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Android Apocalypse posted:

I've said it before and I still stan for it: Portland has more decent BBQ places than should be for a population that has very few black people.

Meanwhile here in Maryland part of the DMV my sister lives in has complete poo poo BBQ options. Good thing my brother-in-law loves barbecuing/smoking meats.

I always attributed this to all the white flight into Oregon from the south.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The anti-vax crowd has grown ever since there was a debunked report that vaccines cause autism. The report never had any actual evidence, but crazy moms clung onto it. Combine that with naturlists, hippie granola moms, and then the general anti-government/anti-science crowd and there were already a bunch of anti-vaxers. Most of those were parents not vaccinating their kids though, since they had been given vaccines as kids already. This was leading to mumps and measles outbreaks in certain communities.

all the distrust wasn't helped by things like Bayer intentionally giving people AIDs bc they didn't want to throw away their contaminated blood clotting agents.

the joys of capitalism are people do slowly absorb the reality that everyone in power can and will gently caress you at the drop of a hat but the only ones with a prominent alternative explanation to how to deal with that reality are right wing crazies. the same crazies who're now getting amplification from our dumbass tech overlords bc the crazies provide higher engagement.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Just lean them on their left side and induce/delay/give mag ox

I dunno I hated obgyn

I mean I can certainly QB an uncomplicated delivery, treat eclampsia to some small extent, infuse pit for uncontrolled postpartum hemorrhage but I certainly can’t do loving anything for breach/limb/cord presentation, placental abruption or previa.

I’ve had enough hosed up OB calls that a non-hospital delivery was not even remotely an option for our kiddo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Growing up I had a friend I played sports with who at one point I just found out were "Pray the disease away" type Christians, and I found out when they were horrified my sister with type 1 diabetes would use insulin and go to a doctor for it.

His mother eventually passed away from a brain tumor that I didn't find out how treatable or curable it was, only that they refused any medical help, and it destroyed that family when she passed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Years ago at another service we had this 30yo Type 1 in our run who was very sick and had frequent seizures with long postictal phases, but also had a sudden cardiac arrest once and was commonly metabolically deranged.

You haven’t lived until you show up to a house to find your patient’s snake handler mom dumped a Kirkland jug of clover honey in your patient’s mouth and is standing over you speaking in tongues and screaming about the ‘DEMON OF DIABETES’ while you’re trying to suction that poo poo out of her airway.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s always weird to me that people opt for home birth when it seems like birth before it was an option was basically a coin flip for the mom, the baby, or both dying.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Way late to the party on the Marvel What If… show, but ending the whole thing with Killmonger and Nazi Computer being sent to a hell dimension where they do battle forever, like they’re two sides of the same coin, is a hilarious troll at the expense of the “Killmonger was right” crowd.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Her official account remains unbanned

https://twitter.com/RepMTG

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Intruder posted:

Her official account remains unbanned

https://twitter.com/RepMTG

But it will get banned if it starts posting conspiracy theory poo poo. So far it hasn't.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

But it will get banned if it starts posting conspiracy theory poo poo. So far it hasn't.

For most people if one account of yours gets banned they all do

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Intruder posted:

For most people if one account of yours gets banned they all do

The official account is the office account and she hasn't ever used it for personal posts. Likewise @potus wasn't suspended until Trump tried to evade probation with it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

@POTUS belongs to the office and passed on the Biden afterwards, @RepMTG belongs to her not to her seat

I doubt she'll be able to help herself letting it leak to her official account regardless

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

It’s always weird to me that people opt for home birth when it seems like birth before it was an option was basically a coin flip for the mom, the baby, or both dying.

It's always been wild to me how many pregnant people refuse medical treatment claiming that bodies were made to birth. I've given birth 3 times, and each time I went to the hospital to have the baby, I knew there was a greater than zero chance that me or the baby was going to die. People just don't think bad things will happen to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

My wife's OB asked her if she wanted an epidural or a natural delivery and she asked 'why the gently caress would I not make this as comfortable and painless as possible in the 21st century?'