Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Kuiperdolin posted:

It's obviously coach to punish her for disobeying. "What are you going to do?" She asks, after being told twice not to fly the plane. Well that he's going to do. That's what happens to little girls who don't do as they're told.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

don’t even understand why nat is sad because travis is dead

his default reaction seems to be shithead

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

lumpentroll posted:

don’t even understand why nat is sad because travis is dead

his default reaction seems to be shithead

Well we've only seen the very beginning and the very end of their story. There are decades of stuff that happened in between.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Misty is such a good friend. You can't ask for a more dedicated person than her :)

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
She is actually the perfect friend if you think about; Her friends are ALWAYS the most important

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve saved a friend by face-planting into an upturned plate of blow, I would have a raging cocaine problem.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/albastew/status/1475117064608260097?s=20

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I can't not stare at that 8head

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Love how misty just did a rail before throwing the coke on the ground. Acting like she'e never done it before. Though I don't think I've ever seen someone do it so frantically and nose directly to mirror. Maybe she had her own coke straw that I missed?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo at the funeral pyre. And the surgery.

Kuiperdolin posted:

The flames clearly came out of the bear and spread outward though. At first just the bear was burning. Does not look related to the plane itself.

Teddy bears can't melt steel planes.

I've been in 150s and 172s, there's nothing to ignite in or under the seats. They really could've made it crash in a million different ways that weren't ambiguous, this has to be terrorism.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

or, yknow, the chintzy-rear end single-engine plane that's been sitting in the woods with plants growing into it for the past few decades is less than skyworthy

im more surprised the runway they cleared out of a forest in like, a day, was viable and didn't send the plane careening into the woods when it caught a bump, but i suppose that's less dramatic than a midair explosion
The runway was already cleared, they just had to clean up some recent growth. Somebody obviously landed the plane there before.

Speaking of the plane, have they tried the radio? I guess they must've because it'd be a huge plot hole, but I don't remember it.

withak posted:

Who planted the incendiary device in Leonard?

Also, it was clearly meant to be left open as to whether Adam or Jeff got the glitter in the closet. Seems like Adam is unlikely to have been able to crack the safe though.
Did Shauna crash into Adam before the blackmail started? I think it would bentoo much of a coincidence if he was the blackmailer and then she just randomly cpran into him. So I'm leaning toward this being a misdirection.
Edit: The glitter could be from Jeff preparing something for the reunion party

Also wtf kind of name is Adam Martin. Must be fake.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 3, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

He’s Steve’s son. That‘s the season finale. Banjo and all.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 3, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I rarely flinch at stuff I see on tv, but that surgery on the open cheek was gross. Incidentally, the scene in the opening with the pool party got me even more, just because it was so sudden and visceral.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of the plane, have they tried the radio? I guess they must've because it'd be a huge plot hole, but I don't remember it.

They don't mention trying the radio, or looking for a local map (which realistically the plane would have on board, possibly even with the cabin/runway marked).

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo at the funeral pyre. And the surgery.

Teddy bears can't melt steel planes.

I've been in 150s and 172s, there's nothing to ignite in or under the seats. They really could've made it crash in a million different ways that weren't ambiguous, this has to be terrorism.

The runway was already cleared, they just had to clean up some recent growth. Somebody obviously landed the plane there before.

Did Shauna crash into Adam before the blackmail started? I think it would bentoo much of a coincidence if he was the blackmailer and then she just randomly cpran into him. So I'm leaning toward this being a misdirection.
Edit: The glitter could be from Jeff preparing something for the reunion party

Also wtf kind of name is Adam Martin. Must be fake.

She crashed into him because he stopped short suddenly with no explanation in front of her, could of been very intentional.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Jackie loving sucks.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Misty. loving. Quigley.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

angerbeet posted:

Misty. loving. Quigley.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Quigley is the coach, right?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Open Source Idiom posted:

Quigley is the coach, right?

Quigley is Misty's last name.

I love that her first thought to get rid of the lines was to just snort them (incompetently) instead of, well, anything else.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Waste not get hosed up.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Nat and the floor coke made me so loving sad. It's such...a visceral thing. Glad I was right about Ben not liking Misty for real, but I had the reason totally loving wrong.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You can dislike people for several reasons, it's allowed

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

D34THROW posted:

Nat and the floor coke made me so loving sad. It's such...a visceral thing. Glad I was right about Ben not liking Misty for real, but I had the reason totally loving wrong.

The other reason (him being scared shitless of her) is still very likely to be true as well.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

And, you know, him not being a loving pedo. These aren't exactly in opposition to each other.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Alright so I try to save these throughout the week and curate the best/worst ones for your enjoyment but this one couldn't wait

:psypop:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Does it have a context? Is it better or worse if someone just busted in the conversation to say that?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The original post was this:

And then that was a comment on it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

And, you know, him not being a loving pedo. These aren't exactly in opposition to each other.

You can either be gay, or exclusively attracted to mature people, just not interested, or terrified for your life. The second he gets scared, these other three become invalid. You just can't feel indifferent to a psychopathic killer coming for you.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 3, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can eat a bull's testicle why not eat a clit.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Quigley is Misty's last name.

Woosh

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Van will definitely be still alive in the modern day because those scars on a middle-aged woman will be a good visual.

Also, lol at them just casually mentioning a school reunion coming up imminently for the first time. Gonna guess events will occur there!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

Van will definitely be still alive in the modern day because those scars on a middle-aged woman will be a good visual.

Also, lol at them just casually mentioning a school reunion coming up imminently for the first time. Gonna guess events will occur there!

I feel like I've known about this plot point for ages. Are you sure it turned up for the first time this ep?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

I feel like I've known about this plot point for ages. Are you sure it turned up for the first time this ep?

I had a similar feeling but can't actual remember a specific mention, so I'm currently guessing it's just such a natural step in the story that I'm somehow backfilling foreshadowing. I'mma call it "backshadowing".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xiahou Dun posted:

I had a similar feeling but can't actual remember a specific mention, so I'm currently guessing it's just such a natural step in the story that I'm somehow backfilling foreshadowing. I'mma call it "backshadowing".

That's a good term for the Arrow-esque extensive flashbacks that introduce drama which just happens to be thematically relevant to the events occurring in parallel in the present day.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I almost feel bad for Misty, imagine being part of a cannibal murder cult with your friends and them still not like you.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1478387523550425098?s=20

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ok, looking at that last pic, you can clearly see Taissa and I think that's Natalie on the far left so I guess they are not the Antler Queen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hahah wow, two Ladybugs references in one week!

(Cobra Kai Season 4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BspybEhdI

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

mary magdalene summer camp

Mary Magdalene is actually one of the most revered women in christianity. She witnessed Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. If you're really devout and have no awareness it would make sense to name your youth camp that.
Mary Magdalena is also the patron saint of hair dressers because she used her hair to wash Jesus' feet.

coronatae posted:

Whatever the "it" is in Lottie's "it didn't want him to leave" if you want to take the supernatural route.

Two out of two attempts at escape has failed in an extremely brutal way. I think it's fairly clear that the writers at the very least want the viewers to believe something supernatural is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

AceOfFlames posted:

Ok, looking at that last pic, you can clearly see Taissa and I think that's Natalie on the far left so I guess they are not the Antler Queen.

those ep1 scenes were filmed using doubles, with the regular actresses intentionally not being told who was who, correct? iirc that was in some article, but i forget which