Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Who should the Vikings sign instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I think Antonio Brown rage quit mid game.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1477733508034568192?t=3LRK9Sc-_Z-GTBQFaMCRqg&s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Just because there's no one else to sign doesn't mean Cousins isn't solidly mediocre with a low ceiling.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Embrace mediocrity and never really compete. Is not the defense you think it is.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

boop the snoot posted:

Dude just because there's no one else to sign doesn't mean Cousins isn't solidly mediocre.

What do you think the Vikings should do about their solidly mediocre QB?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Embrace mediocrity and never really compete. Is not the defense you think it is.

They should just be bad all the time instead, that’ll improve their chances of winning a super bowl.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
just get a jag. Can't be any worse than a mike glennon

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Can they just leave Judge in Chicago?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

YOLOsubmarine posted:

What do you think the Vikings should do about their solidly mediocre QB?

I don't know.

I guess that means Cousins isn't mediocre.

You got me, dude. I concede to whatever point you're making.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Going with Kirk rather than... Teddy Bridgewater? Cam Newton? Or whatever other garbage QB they could acquire is what is actually "never really compete".

Kirk is good enough that if the rest of the team comes together, then the Vikes could win a Superbowl.

Asproigerosis posted:

mediocre qb's shouldn't be eating up the salary that could pay for 2-3 good-great players.

What 2 great players could the Vikes add that would make up the dramatic loss of QB production?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They should just be bad all the time instead, that’ll improve their chances of winning a super bowl.

They're not winning with him despite all this sweet stats lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Going with Kirk rather than... Teddy Bridgewater? Cam Newton? Or whatever other garbage QB they could acquire is what is actually "never really compete".

Kirk is good enough that if the rest of the team comes together, then the Vikes could win a Superbowl.

What 2 great players could the Vikes add that would make up the dramatic loss of QB production?

I dunno I'm not a GM

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

I don't know.

I guess that means Cousins isn't mediocre.

You got me, dude. I concede to whatever point you're making.

He can be both mediocre and irreplaceable. And he is and so all the talk about him is a waste of loving time because nobody ever has any better idea that just continuing to take shots on guys who will almost definitely be worse so the team can go from occasionally good to consistently bad.

He’s not even the main problem with the Vikings, it’s that their defense loving sucks despite their head coach being a defensive guru.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They're not winning with him despite all this sweet stats lol

Who is winning the Super Bowl? Which QBs are super bowl caliber?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are you working for a Kirk Cousins PR firm? Christ, dude.

"He's mediocre"

"Actually he's mediocre but irreplaceable"

...ok?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

Are you working for a Kirk Cousins PR firm? Christ, dude.

TFF is like 25% no content “cousins sucks” posts and it’s tedious as poo poo. There are other mediocre QBs out there, branch out and shitpost about them or at least make some wild rear end suggestion for who they should replace him with or something.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

To bring it back to thread topic.Even mediocre head coaches are hard to find

Jeff Fisher has a better percentage than Kirk. Rams should've stuck with him. McVay obviously didn't have super bowl creditals when he was hired.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

TFF is like 25% no content “cousins sucks” posts and it’s tedious as poo poo. There are other mediocre QBs out there, branch out and shitpost about them or at least make some wild rear end suggestion for who they should replace him with or something.

To be fair the shitposting is better than whatever your doing right now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What does any of this have to do with head coaching jobs

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Benne posted:

Sam Darnold

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Kirk Cousins is holding Mike Zimmer back

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirk Cousins is an infuriating player to watch, so I'm glad he's done this to this thread.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Benne posted:

Congrats to Kirk Cousins, the new coach for the Jaguars.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1477749210682466308

most cowardly coaching ever?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Boomer was throwing shade at the Giants in the Bengals postgame, and I had no idea why. Makes sense.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Darnold isn't a very good QB, I don't think he'll make a good Head Coach

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kazil posted:

Darnold isn't a very good QB, I don't think he'll make a good Head Coach

Some of the best head coaches were bad QBs though.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I feel like someone, maybe even multiple people, need to be fired for that bears Giants game

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Kirk Cousins is an infuriating player to watch, so I'm glad he's done this to this thread.

Pretty much this. As a Vikings fan I’d rather they just blow the whole thing up, get rid of Kirk and Zimmer, and just try to rebuild with a young team and coach. Better than being stuck on the treadmill of mediocrity.

Plus my kids are young right now and if the Vikings are garbage during their formative years maybe they can avoid being fans

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bring Keenum back, he's cheap and willing to do whatever to win. A Fitzpatrick-type that's willing to take some hits and make some plays on the cheap would work well. Try to trade a mid-rounder for someone like Huntley or Minshew.

They wouldn't necessarily be better than Cousins, but it wouldn't be a huge drop in production and save some money if you can pull an Osweiler with Cousins.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Bring Keenum back, he's cheap and willing to do whatever to win. A Fitzpatrick-type that's willing to take some hits and make some plays on the cheap would work well. Try to trade a mid-rounder for someone like Huntley or Minshew.

They wouldn't necessarily be better than Cousins, but it wouldn't be a huge drop in production and save some money if you can pull an Osweiler with Cousins.

Keenum has given me more Big Time Wins than Kirk ever has. gently caress it bring him back. Teddy is still beloved. We’re not gonna win the Super Bowl anyways so I’m down for good vibes

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think it's more on Zimmer. After the Keenum run to the Conference Finals, you could argue the Vikings had a 1-2 year window to get to the Super Bowl. Points wise with Cousin the team didn't really drop off, but the defense definitely has and that's supposed to be Zimmer's side of the ball. You can't blame them for going all in on Cousins with how they had been constantly rotating through QBs for 10 years going back to Farve.

The bigger issue is they should have found a way to be able to dump Cousins if it didn't work out after those first two seasons. So now his contract is pretty much holding the team back.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
e; wrong thread

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

syzpid posted:

I think it's more on Zimmer. After the Keenum run to the Conference Finals, you could argue the Vikings had a 1-2 year window to get to the Super Bowl. Points wise with Cousin the team didn't really drop off, but the defense definitely has and that's supposed to be Zimmer's side of the ball. You can't blame them for going all in on Cousins with how they had been constantly rotating through QBs for 10 years going back to Farve.

The bigger issue is they should have found a way to be able to dump Cousins if it didn't work out after those first two seasons. So now his contract is pretty much holding the team back.

Get rid of Kirk and Zimmer, that works. My fear though is Zimmer will be let go an Cousins extended, hoping that giving someone else a crack at unlocking the Kirk code will finally work.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1477757790835855363

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bill Barnwell's spent the last hour trying to figure out who would even qualify.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1477774254343180298

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

idk the guy probably did tell him that but it was because he wants to physically be in new york but not on the football team. and everyone lies nicely to people every day so maybe he made it sound like he wants to be on the team also. that's the case wrapped up. figured it all out

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yea exactly what a failing boss would say.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1477722941840367617

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is beautiful.