Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Honestly, the easiest way for Dexter to wriggle out of things is to say that, yes, he was going to kill the guy who supplied the drugs that almost killed his son.

He worked on the Bay Harbor Butcher case and he used that as "inspiration" for how to successfully kill someone. But, being a lovable goof who has never done anything like this before, he messed it up, panicked and just started wailing on the guy instead.

Of course, that still leaves the guy who manufactured the stuff, and had the needle mark in his neck, but hey, junkies amiright?

Would be funny if Dexter went to jail for assaulting the guy. Harrison continues the code in the meantime. People who wanted Dexter in jail get what they want, Showtime gets what it wants with Dexter still being alive to be mined again later for more money.

See you in 5-10 years for Dexter: Fresh Out of Jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dexter just going to jail isn't enough. If they'll be going for that type of ending, he'll need to face what he's done. As in discard the bullshit rationalizations and realize he's been doing all of this for fun. Then probably kill himself, similarily to the way he staged his brother's suicide. So in his case it'd probably be a knife to the heart.

Edit: It was almost touched on after Kurt mentioned his son. Dexter saying "he fit the code" because he was responsible for 5 deaths felt thin for Harrison (going by his expression). If he thinks about it some more he could pull it apart. Up until then he thought Dexter was only going after serial killers.

itry fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 2, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We thought Angela was the new Deb because she looks just like her, but she's really the new LaGuerta in that she needs a mountain of evidence and huge flashing signs pointing toward Dexter before she finally accepts it.

Been like 4 episodes of her just slowly pecking away at this thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

We thought Angela was the new Deb because she looks just like her, but she's really the new LaGuerta in that she needs a mountain of evidence and huge flashing signs pointing toward Dexter before she finally accepts it.

Been like 4 episodes of her just slowly pecking away at this thing.

I still can't get over the fact that she completely dropped her investigation into Kurt and is instead spending all her time on Dexter. Just :psyduck:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Look, it was his father, alright? Fair's fair. She tried. Now it's time to internet stalk the boyfriend.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now I'm wondering if Harrison is going to kill Dexter.

We all agree he needs to face up to his crimes and that's literally what he taught Harrison when he was telling him about the code.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

dexter is gonna get away with all of it

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

molly just randomly killed off screen ok

lumpentroll fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 2, 2022

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

when did he even have time for that

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

That little flash of Rita in the bathtub, with her blood spreading towards Harrison so it mirrored Kurt’s blood, except Dexter was the killer this time instead of Trinity…. Harry is definitely going to carve Dexter up with that razor.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

that’s not the edit button

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait hold on. Kurt said he was killing those women to save them from a worse fate(of being drifters and abused by people like his dad). So then why did he dress up Molly Park? She doesn't fit any of his criteria. And I guess he never did it to Iris because she was probably his first and he didn't have a trophy room yet.

idk I am definitely overthinking this.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Now I'm wondering if Harrison is going to kill Dexter.

We all agree he needs to face up to his crimes and that's literally what he taught Harrison when he was telling him about the code.

Then he makes breakfast. The intro music plays. Harrison gets dressed, walks out the door, winks at the camera. Smash to title card DEXTER: NEW BLOOD.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

itry posted:

Edit: It was almost touched on after Kurt mentioned his son. Dexter saying "he fit the code" because he was responsible for 5 deaths felt thin for Harrison (going by his expression). If he thinks about it some more he could pull it apart. Up until then he thought Dexter was only going after serial killers.
Where does that number even come from? It took more than two hands to count boxes.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the boat ”accident”

itry
Aug 23, 2019

^

Combat Pretzel posted:

Where does that number even come from? It took more than two hands to count boxes.

It was said about Kurt's son, Matt. He wasn't involved with the women.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait hold on. Kurt said he was killing those women to save them from a worse fate(of being drifters and abused by people like his dad). So then why did he dress up Molly Park? She doesn't fit any of his criteria. And I guess he never did it to Iris because she was probably his first and he didn't have a trophy room yet.

You're not overthinking it. Kurt was just lying. Maybe on some level he tried to believe it, but it's a lie.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He killed her because she was onto him, and put her in the basement because he gets off on it.

Same reason Dexter spent all of this episode spouting off about how you never make a move without 100% concrete irrefutable proof, but in the heat of the moment, hey this guy shot my deer, and the office gossip and a random cokehead said he killed some people, that's close enough.

We see Harrison psyching himself up to believe Dexter is a force for good, while also seeing the reality of Dexter being a self-aggrandizing freak who gets horny for stabbing people. The only thing Dexter has on Kurt is a better excuse and more palatable choice of victims; Kurt's rationale is not meant to hold up, because realizing it's bullshit will plant the seed for realizing Dexter's narrative is just as bullshit.

I mean, assuming anything in this episode builds up to a logical conclusion, I've no idea what the writers are going for. Maybe it was just the flashiest way to reveal that she was in fact killed off-screen and they didn't think about it. We'll see on sunday!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I didn't think he would be lying since he seemed to know he was hosed anyways / almost bragging about his trophy room, but it does work. Especially the Harrison being disgusted but trying to rationalize it part. Thx pals.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Maybe it was just the flashiest way to reveal that she was in fact killed off-screen and they didn't think about it. We'll see on sunday!

Oh it was 100% this. I just figured there might have been a story reason too and there kinda is!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm now leaning towards Harrison killing Dexter.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

TheWeedNumber posted:

I missed this implication. Now I gotta go rewatch.

I just re-watched that segment with subtitles and had misheard Kurt first time around. I thought he had said "You think it's all me?" when he was bragging "That was all me" before going into detail about his killing process. So, attribute that to bad hearing on my first watch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
drat that episode was sooooo good. Can't wait to see how the next episode goes. If they can keep this up, I wouldn't mind more seasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

If they can keep this up, I wouldn't mind more seasons.

This is how it starts

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think every episode was well received. If they want to make more no one will stop them.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It was a bit of a weak note to leave the final scene on especially with the Morgan's just not gaf their home just burned down. I don't think the bolts are going to amount to much but it's going to be interesting to see how they tie this up. Great episode overall.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

codo27 posted:

It was a bit of a weak note to leave the final scene on especially with the Morgan's just not gaf their home just burned down. I don't think the bolts are going to amount to much but it's going to be interesting to see how they tie this up. Great episode overall.

It's not like they had a bunch of cherished items in there. Harrison had nothing but the clothes on his back, and Dexter had already burned his picture of Harrison.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

It's not like they had a bunch of cherished items in there. Harrison had nothing but the clothes on his back, and Dexter had already burned his picture of Harrison.

The drawing of DEB!!!!!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The whole conflict is that the cop thinks that Dexter killed the podcaster, and that's what he'll probably somehow go down for.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That's easily solved by just pointing to the secret bunker. So I hope not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The drawing of DEB!!!!!

NOOOOO! drat you Kurt! drat YOOOU! :argh:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Dexter’s Christmas present to Kurt was murder and he still somehow gave Angela a worse gift.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe those nunchucks aren't gonna get used on someone what a goddamn tease

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Despite the talk of being like Batman, I think the writers are actually aware of the fact that Dexter is full of poo poo and just has a thing for killing. If Harrison turns on him, I wouldn’t put it past Dexter to actually hurt him.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dexter goes to prison, we get the Harrison show in a decade when the character is in his mid-20s, occasionally Harrison visits Dex in prison to talk about the code.

Harrison would be all of 13 in real life, season 3 was 2008. So we'll probably get the Harrison show in 5 years and he'll have a doctorate in forensics or something, like dad but a better degree at 18. And he'll probably be in Vancouver or Toronto.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i figure harrison turns dexter in. he helped with this one but we definitely saw signs of doubt

also seems clear from the way kurt nervously jumped to taking sole responsibility for the killings that someone else was involved, most likely the billionaire guy we haven't heard from for like six episodes

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The blood on Harrison's shoe after Dexter said that they have to leave no trace will bring them both down.

How did they get unconscious Kurt down the ladder though?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

R. Guyovich posted:

also seems clear from the way kurt nervously jumped to taking sole responsibility for the killings that someone else was involved, most likely the billionaire guy we haven't heard from for like six episodes

Didn’t Dexter find monthly checks to Kurt or am I misremembering that?

Never mind it was a check Kurt wrote to the guy to kidnap Dexter.

The Fuzzy Hulk fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 3, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

SpaceAceJase posted:

The blood on Harrison's shoe after Dexter said that they have to leave no trace will bring them both down.

A rope and pulley system? :v:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Didn’t Dexter find monthly checks to Kurt or am I misremembering that?

Never mind it was a check Kurt wrote to the guy to kidnap Dexter.

For a second there I thought there was some evidence to that "town of serial killers" joke, but yeah that's who Elric was apparently.
And I just checked the episode; Elric wrote the check to Kurt ("Elric Kane - $5000. Who the hell is Elric Kane, and what does he owe Kurt?"). I guess that explains why he was doing what he was doing.

Edit: Huh. Dexter does say that, but looking at the cheque itself, it's Kurt writing it to Elric. That's a weird way to put it.

:crabcourse:

itry fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 3, 2022

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

Need a gif of Dexter mugging at the camera while flicking the clown nose off his face

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The guy that plays Harrison is doing a genuinely good job with his acting

Also dating your dads partners daughter seems like a completely terrible idea unless you either both get married or happen to break up at the same time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SpaceAceJase posted:

You know they just dropped his big rear end down the hatch. Not like it matters since they were gonna kill him anyways :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Centusin posted:

The guy that plays Harrison is doing a genuinely good job with his acting

Also dating your dads partners daughter seems like a completely terrible idea unless you either both get married or happen to break up at the same time

I thought she wasn't that into him and they weren't dating? who knows