Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Still listening (and reading this thread), to me it's just a show that produces very little Discourse -- which is absolutely to its credit.

Yeah it's just some dudes hanging out and not being shitheads. I'll listen to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Breadallelogram posted:

Greaseman has been the peak of Shocktober. Some of the worst radio I've ever heard. Only Imus has come anywhere close.

It would be genuinely difficult to create something worse. Mancow's diarrhea pharmacy call is better than Greaseman.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I think the Bubba the Love Sponge episode might have actually been better than the Greaseman one. I was dying during the news interview answer.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I was listening to the Greaseman episode at work and there were a few minutes when I had to literally grip my chair and squeeze my eyes shut to not turn it off. Absolutely brutal.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kenning posted:

I was listening to the Greaseman episode at work and there were a few minutes when I had to literally grip my chair and squeeze my eyes shut to not turn it off. Absolutely brutal.

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1452717391180357633?t=lO1_OH4gZpOODvB9rkJsxg&s=19

Please understand it could have been worse

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Bryan's tolerance for terrible poo poo is genuinely humbling.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Kenning posted:

Bryan's tolerance for terrible poo poo is genuinely humbling.

I mean, Bryan's favorite band is Korn. Now, you can definitely do a lot worse than Korn in nu-metal genre and their drummer is sick as hell, but I feel that explains a lot of his tolerance for terrible media.

That's one of the reasons I enjoy the show so much, it's just a couple of Ohio dumb guys who are just trying to be good people and help you burn down your workplace.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was not prepared for modern Howard Stern.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hearing corny lib takes from people you fondly remember is sad, but I guess it is better than hearing chud cancel culture rants from comfortable millionaires. With old guys getting lame, you just have to hope for the lesser evil.

With this being the sad Stern shocktober episode, I think they still let him off easy for his endless vigilance in ensuring his supporting staff doesn't get paid. That sounded pathological making sure no one else takes any credit for the shows success and making sure they can't use their fame to get paid.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/WashedUpTweeter/status/1451189373588815875?t=roc2J0Cau04GlSkGSU9Ygw&s=19

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I love Bryan's glee every time they switch to new Stern and everyone else begins to despair.

The clips are unlistenable, but the roast is real good.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Hello this is pharmacist

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Mancow specced all of his shock jock points into lying.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Previa_fun posted:

Mancow specced all of his shock jock points into lying.

It got him a position on the Council of Foreign Relations so seems like it paid off.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

This wasn't quite as much of a "nail biting, heavy breathing" experience as the Greaseman, but was probably the funniest Shocktober episode. Mancow interviewing Milo was some of the funniest audio I've ever heard. You could also tell how utterly delighted Bryan was with every clip he played.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I've had the Greaseman episode downloaded since it came out, and I have yet to work up the fortitude to listen to it.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

You cannot imagine the auditory pleasures which await you.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I've had the Greaseman episode downloaded since it came out, and I have yet to work up the fortitude to listen to it.

It's really good.

NOW I'D LIKE TO HAVE A RANCID BOWL OF STINKIN' TUNA FIIIISH!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Kenning posted:

This wasn't quite as much of a "nail biting, heavy breathing" experience as the Greaseman, but was probably the funniest Shocktober episode. Mancow interviewing Milo was some of the funniest audio I've ever heard. You could also tell how utterly delighted Bryan was with every clip he played.

I'm so glad we ended on this one. Nothing has made me laugh harder in this entire series than "I was the last person to speak to Ursula K. LeGuin" and everything that followed.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I tried to explain to my girlfriend (who likes Street Fight) how good the Greaseman and Mancow episodes were and she said "It doesn't sound like that would be very pleasant to listen to."

bartok
May 10, 2006

Greaseman came close but goddamn that loving Mancow episode was insane. Mancow is still the King of Shocktober. Plus the karmic justice of Milo being reduced to being talked over and ignored by a hopped up Mancow had me smiling all day.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Jim Breuer's new stand up special is really something.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'd listen to a weekly show where Bryan, Felix, and Chris just react to clips of Mancow

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I woke up this morning with the Greasemans hobble March song running through my head, I think Bryan gave me brain damage

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Previa_fun posted:

I woke up this morning with the Greasemans hobble March song running through my head, I think Bryan gave me brain damage
maybe you just need some bobble de gee

The Buttfest is really good this week

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Beginning of the Sunday show was rough and I don't think I can deal with Brett turning into the covid joker.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

He's been apologizing on Facebook. I couldn't listen past the beginning. It feels like he's actually a lot more anxious about having COVID than he wanted to let on and is trying to joke it away in poor taste. Definitely interested in how he approaches it on Wednesday.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Beginning of the Sunday show was rough and I don't think I can deal with Brett turning into the covid joker.

Divorced Brett is getting weird

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
SF was a gym podcast for me so I havent listened in a long time, what happened recently?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Chakan posted:

SF was a gym podcast for me so I haven’t listened in a long time, what happened recently?

Brett got a divorce, currently has Covid, and the year is breaking the man this close to the finish line in a way that's beginning to bleed into the pods in a "is this a cry for help" fashion

Guess we'll see what tonight's show looks like

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I thought 12/19 was the last new show of the year, I think they might be posting tape for the next 3 or 4 weeks

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

secretly best girl posted:

Brett got a divorce, currently has Covid, and the year is breaking the man this close to the finish line in a way that's beginning to bleed into the pods in a "is this a cry for help" fashion

Guess we'll see what tonight's show looks like

Yeah, I've been getting a bit of a "my dude is slamming the self-destruct button" vibes. Like, the fact that he's been doing DoorDash to pay for Christmas can't have been good for his mental health. I hope a bit of a break does everybody good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Boco_T posted:

I thought 12/19 was the last new show of the year, I think they might be posting tape for the next 3 or 4 weeks

I thought it kicked in next week but I could absolutely see going dark early what with omicron from eating rear end

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Brett's a surly dude

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ain't nobody gonna tell me how to live

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
yeah he went on a rant a few weeks ago about how his daughter cant play with his phone anymore because hes getting so many sexts was some cumia poo poo

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

bret is right

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Well, I guess someone talked to him

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Its behind the paywall. I dont expect a full copy/paste, but can anyone sum it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
There's not too much to sum up - just "I'm sorry, things have been rough for me and it's been affecting the show, I'm sorry if I've let you down and I'm trying to get professional help about all this."