Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/YoAndyZou/status/1477322179364724738?s=20

sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

It's always been wild to me how many pregnant people refuse medical treatment claiming that bodies were made to birth. I've given birth 3 times, and each time I went to the hospital to have the baby, I knew there was a greater than zero chance that me or the baby was going to die. People just don't think bad things will happen to them.

Yeah, it's like bodies are also made to fight disease but uh sometimes they don't

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Yeah, it's like bodies are also made to fight disease but uh sometimes they don't

And you can go in the other direction, spend an hour on Web MD and GIS and you'll be convinced literally everything will kill you

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
One thing I have learned in medicine, and Lee Majors will certainly atest to this, is that it is simultaneously incredibly hard and incredibly easy to kill someone. The body has all kinds of redundant mechanisms to keep you alive and some times they are foiled in seconds by like choking on a peanut.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

One thing I have learned in medicine, and Lee Majors will certainly atest to this, is that it is simultaneously incredibly hard and incredibly easy to kill someone. The body has all kinds of redundant mechanisms to keep you alive and some times they are foiled in seconds by like choking on a peanut.

This is probably why Ivermetcin hasn't been killing that many antivaxxers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Of all the images in all the movies he's done, the photo chooser chose this one from Imperium

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1476958867657568257

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I've seen enough young healthy people die suddenly and for no apparent reasons to just sit back and marvel at all the 50-70 year old jaundiced homeless alcoholics who survive multi-system auto-ped trauma over the years.

Last one was a regular who got tagged by an Audi at like 45mph and had bilateral tib-fibs and a depressed skull fracture. Saw him back out on the street 6mo later, bottle in hand.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Of all the images in all the movies he's done, the photo chooser chose this one from Imperium

Don't forget the play where he did full frontal nudity.

My wife was watching the 20-year Harry Potter movies reunion or whatever on HBO Max yesterday and it was cute enough. Also any time JK Rowling was on screen they threw up a big "hey we filmed this interview in 2019 before she had completely shown her rear end, don't worry guys" graphic lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hooray for twenty years of having to hear about Harry Potter from tedious people.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hooray for twenty years of having to hear about Harry Potter from tedious people.

HBO has a whole Harry Potter quiz show if you want to hear more!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Harry Potter superfans and Harry Potter megacritics are equally obnoxious.

It isn稚 high art, it isn稚 the debbil葉hey池e perfectly fine and fun stories for kids.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

How dare people enjoy a thing. The loving audacity.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Harry Potter superfans and Harry Potter megacritics are equally obnoxious.

It isn稚 high art, it isn稚 the debbil葉hey池e perfectly fine and fun stories for kids.

the final sentence in the last book of the series before the epilogue is harry wondering if his slave will bring him a sandwich

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
My AC isn稚 working and it痴 still over 80ー even though it痴 been dark for like 90 minutes fml

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I've said it before and I still stan for it: Portland has more decent BBQ places than should be for a population that has very few black people.

Meanwhile here in Maryland part of the DMV my sister lives in has complete poo poo BBQ options. Good thing my brother-in-law loves barbecuing/smoking meats.

Late to this but has she tried 2fifty in Riverdale Park? It's been getting a ton of press and I've been meaning to check it out. You're right, it's kind of bewildering the bbq scene is around here.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

The Radcliffe white power movie was good.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

There is some real movie set snow going on in Chicago right now. Just this very gentle, dry snow while still being bright out, and no wind.

How has the weather been? Have to fly in to O'Hare tomorrow and drive to Oregon west of Chicago for a memorial and it looked like weather should play nicely, but def concerned about all the travel over a 24 hour period.

Also hoping the two year COVID free streak doesn't end between the flights, memorial and dinner (are they kidding me) between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TFF you are good folks and I'm drinking and in happy mode and wanted to say that I'm glad to be among this community, silently farting around and saying gently caress the Cowboys at every opportunity.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

TFF you are good folks and I'm drinking and in happy mode and wanted to say that I'm glad to be among this community, silently farting around and saying gently caress the Cowboys at every opportunity.

:hellyeah: gently caress the Cowboys, friend!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

How has the weather been? Have to fly in to O'Hare tomorrow and drive to Oregon west of Chicago for a memorial and it looked like weather should play nicely, but def concerned about all the travel over a 24 hour period.

Also hoping the two year COVID free streak doesn't end between the flights, memorial and dinner (are they kidding me) between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Congrats, tomorrow is going to be out coldest day this winter, but looks like it値l still be in the 20s, so not too bad. Looks like no snow on the radar, so you shouldn稚 have issues flying in. Roads will be clear and salted, so driving won稚 be bad.

I致e been to Oregon, nice town right on the Rock River. There痴 a state park with a big Chief Black Hawk statue.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Congrats, tomorrow is going to be out coldest day this winter, but looks like it値l still be in the 20s, so not too bad. Looks like no snow on the radar, so you shouldn稚 have issues flying in. Roads will be clear and salted, so driving won稚 be bad.

I致e been to Oregon, nice town right on the Rock River. There痴 a state park with a big Chief Black Hawk statue.
Oh good, I thought he was driving to the state of Oregon from O'Hare and I was very confused. ":confused: just... fly to Portland"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fun to have that conversation then see this while I'm waiting for the Aaron Rodgers fluff and jerk party to start

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1477808811473838081

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off and I知 not ready. January and February are the worst two months of the year. No holidays even close to look forward to, dark, cold, and stuck indoors a lot.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kalli posted:

Fun to have that conversation then see this while I'm waiting for the Aaron Rodgers fluff and jerk party to start

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1477808811473838081

Does Aaron Rodgers have a Dobby or something?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

Oh good, I thought he was driving to the state of Oregon from O'Hare and I was very confused. ":confused: just... fly to Portland"

Ha, I had to double check with my wife when she told me the town name.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
We finally replaced my bathtub's faucet and I just had my first relaxing bath in about a year. Small things, y'know.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We finally replaced my bathtub's faucet and I just had my first relaxing bath in about a year. Small things, y'know.

Congrats on not being filthy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

Congrats on not being filthy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/KLobstar/status/1477356741826383874?t=gpGZYVkBAD6I9pTtKpQwIw&s=19

Pretty good thread

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

the final sentence in the last book of the series before the epilogue is harry wondering if his slave will bring him a sandwich

No but they like it!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
only one more day off until back to work :negative:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off and I知 not ready. January and February are the worst two months of the year. No holidays even close to look forward to, dark, cold, and stuck indoors a lot.

Intruder posted:

only one more day off until back to work :negative:

Mark me down for both the one more day off and not being ready. Told my wife today I successfully haven't opened my work laptop the entire break and shut my work profile off on my phone the first day of the break (Christmas eve), BUT have still actively lost sleep waking up and thinking about the poo poo I need to get done as soon as I'm back to work on Tuesday. So kind of a push, but still worse off on the work/life balance than I'd like.

Today involved some real soul (and job) searching trying to figure out what I want to actually do. There are chemical engineering jobs that can be done 100% remote, but it's computer modeling where all of them need 5+ years of experience doing it. Not sure how to find a job that offers the entry level training to get going on it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

https://twitter.com/KLobstar/status/1477386716419960844

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I decided I知 gonna do dry January and I知 already regretting it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

Waiting anxiously for DLINK to come in and tell us if he's engaged

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I decided I知 gonna do dry January and I知 already regretting it.

We池e two days in!

Also doing strict paleo.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Congrata D-LINK!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

D-LINK posted:

She said yes, my brother. Turns out she's been impatiently waiting for me ask bc some snitch in my family blew up my spot :blush:

Congrats!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

D-LINK posted:

Awesome news except for the snitching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

Awesome news except for the snitching

I didn't mind, it truthfully made me laugh because I was so nervous

e; thanks everyone :)