Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Nessus posted:

If the sacrifices were entirely voluntary and you already had two drafts, the people who are left... would be presumably largely the people who, you know, would not volunteer to sacrifice for the good of the star, given two opportunities to do so.

Of course this has its own potential gross implications, and even if everyone had been willing from the start it is entirely understandable that after they have to do it twice, in close succession the survivors start getting squirrelly.

Or just the people who weren't selected for whatever reasons. If 100% of the Ancients were willing to sacrifice themselves, that doesn't mean all 100% are going to be used if they aren't necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t know why but I always assumed Sabik was a crocodile man. Turns out it’s a star in Ophiuchus. I guess I was thinking of Ammit, the crocodile-lion-hippo from Egyptian mythology

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Sabik is just a copy of 1.0

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t know why but I always assumed Sabik was a crocodile man. Turns out it’s a star in Ophiuchus. I guess I was thinking of Ammit, the crocodile-lion-hippo from Egyptian mythology

You're thinking of Sobek, that's the Egyptian crocodile god.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Begemot posted:

You're thinking of Sobek, that's the Egyptian crocodile god.

That’s it! Thanks!

Sobek boss fight when

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hail Sobek, may you have plentiful semen.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

hosed up that hyper compassionate Hermes didn't give Meteion the ability to eat. That is why the Endsinger has such big lips.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope Zenos replaces Sephiroth in KH4

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope Zenos replaces Sephiroth in KH4

Zenos becomes obsessed with fighting his one, true rival: Goofy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Sora is just he WoL for KH.

Master of multiple weapons and styles? Check.
Able to summon his friends to his side for a fight? Check
Able to break the laws of reality and do the impossible through sheer determination and will to stop people from hurting his friends? You bet your rear end.
Stupid as all hell? Of course!

Zenos would love Sora. Probably more than he loves the WoL cause Sora does not pull punches and will just kill a dude.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 2, 2022

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
What if Venat made a new space bird to go chase and kill the other ones

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

What if Venat made a new space bird to go chase and kill the other ones

Ancients seem pretty bad at making birds. How many tries did it take them to get Phoenix right?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

Ancients seem pretty bad at making birds. How many tries did it take them to get Phoenix right?

You could ask Hermes but he'd probably go cry about it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Pigbuster posted:

Hermes is the premier bird maker so I’d think he’d be up for the conversation tbh

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

Hermes is the premier bird maker so I’d think he’d be up for the conversation tbh

"now what if we gave this bird assassin a connection to dynami-"
*smacks Hermes with a rolled-up newspaper* No! Stop that!!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Pigbuster posted:

"now what if we gave this bird assassin a connection to dynami-"
*smacks Hermes with a rolled-up newspaper* No! Stop that!!
BEHOLD THE TRAGIC TAIL OF CRYING BIRDMAN

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Pigbuster posted:

"It's okay, the failures are still special and I keep them in Pandaemonium where they can play around."
"Really? Can I see it?"
"No."

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I was thinking about the "Myths of the Realm" 24 man raid recently. At one point, I had forgotten that we were going to deal with The Twelve in the 24 man raid, so I'm very curious how they're going to handle it.

I mean, both the 8man raids and the 24man raids for an expansion have 12 bosses, so if we're going to actually fight manifestations of The Twelve, we can fit them all in. But the interesting thing is going to be the logic behind it and how they group them. What is the setting? Who is the final boss for each arc?

Like, I feel like in the 8man raids, since you get story between each boss, you can spend time hyping up each boss. With the 24mans, you kinda don't?

Thinking further on this, maybe I'm just way off the mark here, but it feels like 24man raids focus more on setting than the actual bosses, if that makes sense?

For 8 man raids, the bosses' identities are more important than the setting.
For 24 man raids, the setting is more important than the bosses' identities.

- Which is something I never really considered when thinking about it before. But it makes sense. Every 8man raid is just an arena, so the actual location isn't too important. Every 24man raid has you exploring an area.

Just some random thoughts and musings on something that isn't Venat/The Convocation/The Sundering/The Ancients.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does the Phoenix thing mean that the guy in Pandaemonium isn't ARR Lahabrea? People were assuming that was the case but i thought our one was the guy who made the Phoenix and that's already happened at the time of Pandaemonium.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CJ posted:

Does the Phoenix thing mean that the guy in Pandaemonium isn't ARR Lahabrea? People were assuming that was the case but i thought our one was the guy who made the Phoenix and that's already happened at the time of Pandaemonium.

I've been assuming Ericthonios is our Lahabrea, just for maximum irony.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The Lahabrea we've fought is actually Athena, and we're leading to a big lesson about why reviving the dead is always a bad idea, hence why the sections of Pandaemonium are named after parts of Hades. It will not coax away anyone who says that the third sacrifice to Zodiark was totally fine.

Look, Endwalker has taught me that if I want to guess right I have to go for a goddamn moonshot and basically predict multiple plot reveals ahead, so I am.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
didn't someone spot the mask on top of Erics head being the same as Lahabrea?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not so sure. We know if nothing else that Venat had a sizable enough number of 'willing to sacrifice' followers that they could bring Hydaelyn into being and I'm pretty sure Emet-Selch would have been willing to sacrifice himself if he wasn't critical to the plan working. I don't doubt that there were some assholes left remaining but I can only imagine the answer was more "People who for whatever reason didn't or couldn't get picked"

I mean we know Azem survived both the sacrifices and Azem doesn't seem like the type who wouldn't be front and center volunteering.

Actually, Azem when given the plan to make Zodiark argued so badly against it they left the Convocation entirely to try and find a different solution.

Zeruel posted:

Eric is the son of the current Lahabrea and the Convocation masks are for their seat not the person.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Zeruel posted:

Yeah but he also works for Lahabrea in the Lahabrea zone.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CJ posted:

Yeah but he also works for Lahabrea in the Lahabrea zone.

And is Lahabrea's son.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

So I was thinking about the "Myths of the Realm" 24 man raid recently. At one point, I had forgotten that we were going to deal with The Twelve in the 24 man raid, so I'm very curious how they're going to handle it.

I mean, both the 8man raids and the 24man raids for an expansion have 12 bosses, so if we're going to actually fight manifestations of The Twelve, we can fit them all in. But the interesting thing is going to be the logic behind it and how they group them. What is the setting? Who is the final boss for each arc?

Like, I feel like in the 8man raids, since you get story between each boss, you can spend time hyping up each boss. With the 24mans, you kinda don't?

Thinking further on this, maybe I'm just way off the mark here, but it feels like 24man raids focus more on setting than the actual bosses, if that makes sense?

For 8 man raids, the bosses' identities are more important than the setting.
For 24 man raids, the setting is more important than the bosses' identities.

- Which is something I never really considered when thinking about it before. But it makes sense. Every 8man raid is just an arena, so the actual location isn't too important. Every 24man raid has you exploring an area.

Just some random thoughts and musings on something that isn't Venat/The Convocation/The Sundering/The Ancients.

I expect if we do Menphila is going to be one of the bigger ones considering she is goddess of the moon + Dalamud was associated with her. I would genuinely not be surprised if they go for "Each of the Twelve gets battled" that she is the last boss because fighting the incarnation of Love/The Moon feels like where they'd go for a raid-ender.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They will pull a Eden and make you fight two at once so the last boss is something different. Quote me in 12 months.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ posted:

They will pull a Eden and make you fight two at once so the last boss is something different. Quote me in 12 months.

We're already going to have to fight two at once since Nald'Thal is actually twins.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Think there will be any connection between Azeyma and Azem?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ImpAtom posted:

We're already going to have to fight two at once since Nald'Thal is actually twins.

And also possibly Lahabrea and Emet-Selch inspired, as Nald'Thal is fire and the afterlife too.

Rhonne posted:

Probably, and also the Azim of said steppes.

Azeyma and Azim are both associated with the Sun and Azem's "constellation" is Azem.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the plot ends up being "The Twelve were sundered Ascians who retained enough of themselves to basically get the world back on track" in which case I wouldn't be surprised.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Shards of Azem from twelve different reflections all showed up on the Source to stablize things (and taste the food) and then returned to their home planet.

It's Azem all the way down.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

Shards of Azem from twelve different reflections all showed up on the Source to stablize things (and taste the food) and then returned to their home planet.

It's Azem all the way down.

Also all twelve bosses look like blown up version of your player character (with different hats)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If Pandaemonium Warden isn't a boss in Pandaemonium I'll be surprised.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It occurs to me that on top of Garlean Reconstruction, it's totally possible that New Sharlayan Reconstruction is in the future, since all the reasons for abandoning the colony no longer apply.

(Also, frankly, I have a hard time seeing them actually reconstruct Garlemald. That place is hosed.)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

If Pandaemonium Warden isn't a boss in Pandaemonium I'll be surprised.

The guys watching over it are called "Pandemonium Warders" so Erichthonios and Hesperos were already this kinda

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

It occurs to me that on top of Garlean Reconstruction, it's totally possible that New Sharlayan Reconstruction is in the future, since all the reasons for abandoning the colony no longer apply.

(Also, frankly, I have a hard time seeing them actually reconstruct Garlemald. That place is hosed.)

Maybe a resettlement effort?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rand Brittain posted:

You mean like conquering Idyllshire or something? Because that's who lives there now, Idyllshire. I could see them requesting some of their buildings back or rehabilitating stuff for that purpose but I don't think Sharlayan can make the team redesign a Heavensward zone if they're not even willing to gently caress significantly with the ARR ones other than installing Flying would be inclined to reclaim the territory beyond "u cool if we swing through or set up a waystation here, gobbiefriends?"

e: Sharlayan didn't seem to be having population pressure, and if they were I imagine they could more easily reconstruct Labyrinthos as an ultra-safe geofront habitat rather than go pick a fight with goblins. Or, hell, ask the rabbits if they can have a subdivison for Neo Sharlayan.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
To heck with reconstructing something, I say the next major crafting event be building spaceships!

Cuz the one we've got is having weird dimensional issues at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Specialty ships based on which primal is powering it.