Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Redmayne's disjointed and weirdly flamboyant performance occupies permanent space in my head. He sounded like an elderly woman pretending to be demure and posh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKkjvzxu7yU

a slight touch of jeremy irons in dungeons & dragons energy right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Does Mike have dementia or do we have dementia and Mike actually doesn't exist?

In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

My Face When posted:

:shrug:

I see your point and agree.

On an entirely different note, has the gang gotten the omega variant from plinkett yet?

ah-ah-ah, not so fast. we haven't finished addressing

My Face When posted:

Nostalgia critic had a decent video

whatever this is

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Watched the first planet of the apes reboot film again tonight. I forgot Brian Cox was in it and the dude who played Draco Malfoy as well. Decent film, the sequel was way better though. Some of the CGI still looks amazing, the orang-utan in particular looks incredible.

I thought you meant the Tim Burton one, and I was so confused.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Remember Eddie Redmayne? That was a weird time

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just watched Don't Look Up. I expected it to be much broader and overbearing. It still had moments that were too on the nose, far from the Yanuccian satire ideal, but I was pleasantly surprised by it, honestly.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Just watched Don't Look Up. I expected it to be much broader and overbearing. It still had moments that were too on the nose, far from the Yanuccian satire ideal, but I was pleasantly surprised by it, honestly.

It's telling how little Americans care about climate change that my coworker came up to me this morning to ask if I'd seen it and told me it was about COVID.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

New Matrix owned i domt watch RLM anyway gonna watch Awakenings now starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro is there a GBS movie thread

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

is there a GBS movie thread

Yer postin in it, buddy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's telling how little Americans care about climate change that my coworker came up to me this morning to ask if I'd seen it and told me it was about COVID.

Lol. It's definitely more about climate change, but I guess it can be interpreted more generally to be about political and corporate interest loving things up in times of existential threat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

All the stretching and morphing powers she had must have looked way to goofy in live action

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Tiberius Christ posted:

All the stretching and morphing powers she had must have looked way too goofy in live action

Yeah it would've been awesome. But because Disney hates fun, now we aren't getting live action big hands

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Really scraping the D list of comic book heroes now

I like those GotG movies, but we all probably would have been better off without GotG because then maybe the executives would have maintained the idea that loser characters no one cares won't sell movie tickets

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
otoh, they're making a Miracleman movie, so :shrug:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Gripweed posted:

live action big hands

Now there's a username

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

New Matrix owned i domt watch RLM anyway gonna watch Awakenings now starring Robin Williams and Robert De Niro is there a GBS movie thread

you don't have to watch RLM to post here. hell, you don't have to watch movies either

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

otoh, they're making a Miracleman movie, so :shrug:

Absolutely no way on God's green Earth they do it justice.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

I like those GotG movies, but we all probably would have been better off without GotG because then maybe the executives would have maintained the idea that loser characters no one cares won't sell movie tickets

Ms. Marvel is the most popular new character Marvel has created in the past like 20 years. Her comic reached a much younger and more diverse demographic than the standard balding men who usually buy Marvel comics.

And now they're shoving her off in a Disney+ show instead of her own movie and also removing her fun powers and giving her CGI bullshit

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That was the only Marvel show I had any interest in watching because I love stretch as a superpower so I'm glad they've saved me the trouble :thumbsup:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Ms. Marvel is the most popular new character Marvel has created in the past like 20 years. Her comic reached a much younger and more diverse demographic than the standard balding men who usually buy Marvel comics.

Oh, OK well I'm just too old to know what the kids like these days then

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

One thing that Matrix Resurrections made me feel was old.

Aging is inevitable, but seeing how old Neo and Trinity looked made me really feel closer to the grave.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I felt stupid not realizing Bugs was one of the Sand Snakes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PeterCat posted:

One thing that Matrix Resurrections made me feel was old.

Aging is inevitable, but seeing how old Neo and Trinity looked made me really feel closer to the grave.

after reading this it reminded me you're closer to the grave than when you wrote it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was happy to just ignore the dumb bad nostalgia man but then he did that :airquote: parody :airquote: of The Wall and aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
weird horny overdesigned furry rat thing and BIG TITTY ALIEN BUG GOTH GIRLFRIEND

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

precision posted:

i was happy to just ignore the dumb bad nostalgia man but then he did that :airquote: parody :airquote: of The Wall and aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I liked the weird furry fetish CGI characters towards the end.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

I felt stupid not realizing Bugs was one of the Sand Snakes.

Unfortunately not THAT Sand Snake

She was Colleen Wing on those Netflix Marvel shows. She was pretty good on those

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Probably cheaper/easier

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Groovelord Neato posted:

My dad is a MAGA dude who reads OAN news etc. and he liked it. Was morbidly curious but not quite enough to want to hear his thoughts. When I said I liked it too and moved on he probably had a similar reaction (or maybe he retroactively decided to hate it). Most surprising to me was that he watched it at all, maybe he bit on Netflix's trending list, not sure.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

obviously this is because it's cheaper to cgi it this way but i choose to believe it's because disney is misguided enough to believe that they can head off deviantart at the pass

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Finally watching the Matrix 4 HITB. Totally forgot that butthole eye lady gives Chewbacca a medal in Star Wars 9.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Unfortunately not THAT Sand Snake

I decided to see what she's been up to since GoT, because you'd think as attractive as she was, and as popular as the show was, Hollywood would have been positively flinging romcom roles at her, or maybe a minor part in a Marvel or DC punchman moopie or even just something in a Star War

As best I can tell, since last appearing in GoT she's done like maybe three movies, with the bulk of her work thus far being in Europe, doing stuff for German or Italian TV

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 3, 2022

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

Absolutely no way on God's green Earth they do it justice.

They just need to change *that scene* to giant spiders attack or something. rated PG-13.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Iron Man was a loser character nobody cared about when the MCU made his movie. Ditto Captain America and Thor.

The entire MCU was made up of the poo poo garbage loser characters nobody wanted to buy when they sold off the "good" characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

They just need to change *that scene* to giant spiders attack or something.

Remote electronically controlled around corners trajection of deadly touch tarantula spiderz

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDnGqcFvADA

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Who the hell comes up with these thumbnails on Netflix?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

this sure was a post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Who the hell comes up with these thumbnails on Netflix?

The lowly-paid media coordinators who get tasked with churning out key art based on decades-old assets.

Source: I do it for a different company