Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Countblanc posted:

What are some good gun glamour options for mch? I currently use one that just looks like a plain rear end oldschool rifle, and I have ye old le Makai gun stored away, but not really any others. It seems like a lot of the current endgame ones look really thin and awkward, I'd like something more substantial.

If you want to go on a bit of an adventure, the Eureka Pagos Elemental Gun relic stage is a very funky and unique-looking rifle model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HackensackBackpack posted:

I liked when Ryne would yell "got you!" because I liked to imagine she was yelling "gently caress you" instead.

One time when I was running Malikah's Well with Trusts, I jumped off the cliff before the final boss, and when my party followed me down, Alisaie yelled out, "You'll pay for that!" as she landed because of the fall damage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

If you want to go on a bit of an adventure, the Eureka Pagos Elemental Gun relic stage is a very funky and unique-looking rifle model.

Alternatively, the finished Bozja mch relic (matte version) is a very handsome double barrel shotgun and looks closer to an actual gun than basically anything else in the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I always liked the Blue Steel gun from Stone Vigil. It was like a gunblade before Gunbreaker was a thing.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/0ba7029d493/

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

What are some good gun glamour options for mch? I currently use one that just looks like a plain rear end oldschool rifle, and I have ye old le Makai gun stored away, but not really any others. It seems like a lot of the current endgame ones look really thin and awkward, I'd like something more substantial.

The Ferdinand from the early Anima Relic chain is a nice chunky double-barreled monster.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Thundarr posted:

Alternatively, the finished Bozja mch relic (matte version) is a very handsome double barrel shotgun and looks closer to an actual gun than basically anything else in the game.

The cryptlurker gun would like a word (though it's very skinny so probably not what op is looking for).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

The Ferdinand from the early Anima Relic chain is a nice chunky double-barreled monster.

If you go a bit further there's Armageddon which is a cool pepper mill barrel gun or whatever its called.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason Bozja is cut short is the actions of Fandaniel, Zenos, and the telophoroi. The legions across the globe aren't going to suddenly keep fighting when the capitol was destroyed. They may hold ground, but generally they're not going to continue advancing - they're trying to figure out what the gently caress is going on at home. The Garlean empire is destroyed by Fandanial concurrently with some of the later events of Bozja.

Also there is no way that the capitol is the only city in the empire. There's certainly more areas, but we haven't had reason to go there yet. All those clouds on the world map are not just covering mountains.

Honestly, based on pretty much everything involving Garlemald elements in Shadowbringers I'm fairly certain the intention was to show the Empire is "destroyed" the moment Zenos kills his father. Solus dying sparked internal strife over succession which stopped the expansion right in it's tracks and even Varis taking over doesn't restore the momentum the empire once had. Varis might have been able to right the ship eventually if he didn't get shanked but once he did that was it.

Gabranth's entire legion gives up on Garlemald entirely and opts for nation-building elsewhere, the dude making the Weapons immediately starts planning to fly them back to the capital with his own legion and take over himself. Those are the two main legions we see in ShB, but the implication is once the central pillar of rule is removed the disparate legions transition immediately into everyone-for-themselves. When Lucia namedrops all the legions that the Xth tried to collaborate with to retake the capital but failed, what I took from that was there was no hope of coordination anymore, now there are multiple independent military powers doing whatever they think is best for themselves (I think Lucia even names Gabranth's legion as one of the ones who couldn't/wouldn't help). Civil war, the telophoroi, and Anima's summoning are effectively just a mercy stroke on a nation that's already dying beyond recovery.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Spent most of my recent time doing Squadrons and managed to get to the last one that'll fully promote me and let me actually spend my Seals on the actual thing that I want (the Mount/Minion lootbox). So yeah, spent everything but actually doing the post-Stormblood story. I really should stop messing around and actually finish it and get to Shadowbringers.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I finally got all the king's weapons :toot:

Using my glam chest as a way to store all my primal weapon sets is taking up way too much space :smith:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
We dont go to Garlimald to restore the nation, we go to help its people who no longer have a nation, and take out the rear end in a top hat who ragequit after losing one round of For Glory.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Countblanc posted:

I'm currently rocking a Gjallarhorn (in leveling content, not as a glam) that looks very much like if Leviathan was a Transformer.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

remember when some mch guns had a slightly custom reload animation? :smith:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope the next Relic zone is more like Eureka than Bozja. Now that I've cleared BA and completed everything I set out to do in Eureka, I feel confident saying that it was a much more fun experience than Bozja. Bozja is more player friendly sure but it's way more loving boring. Both zones are like Hydatos and have zero interesting geometry or navigation, just a big open space.

I like CEs and they were a great addition that Bozja brought to the table though, but Bozja did not have that great feeling of being spooked walking around an area and then coming back later and just waltzing by because the monsters wont own you anymore. Or having to drop down cliffs and carefully navigate tunnels without getting owned by sleeping dragons. It was an adventure! The sense of adversity in the zone also meant there's people actually interacting with eachother and not just shitposting in shout chat. No one waits for people for skirmishes in Bozja but people will wait for stragglers all the time in Eureka, or go and help people who are stuck or rez them etc. It was great. And I did half of Eureka when it was current (and only the other half now) and it was the same back then so I know it's not a new thing!

Yes but consider that Eureka sucked.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

remember when some mch guns had a slightly custom reload animation? :smith:
As fun as the new machinist tools are, I'll never not miss the satisfaction of hitting Reload.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Late to the party but smdh if you don't fantasia weekly.

I don't have a picture of my current Roe in rotation that's not spoilery unfortunately, so MSQ ending spoilers:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

RE: Garlemald and Shadowbringers; it's worth noting that we don't have to guess what would have happened if Zenos didn't come back, because that's exactly how it went down in the alternate timeline that the Exarch is from. They're unable to actually make any progress conquering Eorzea, so they unleash Black Rose, which goes nuts and makes the next calamity. Garlemald is as dead as any of the other nation-states. Presumably Varis would have continued conquering for a while if it weren't for the chemical weapon backfiring, but without an Ascian at the helm (and Emet-Selch directly sabotaging things by this point), Garlemald as an empire was already doomed.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Eureka IMO is prime awful content. Tedious and time consuming, but also threatening and punishing. It feels like you're there forever and you can't effectively zone out and watch something. It's like they made a Frankenstein out of the things I hate in MMOs. A dash of boring, repetitive Fate grind, a touch of death penalties, and a sprinkle of what basically amounts to making you re-earn something you had before.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Charles, that's an excellent Roedame

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hellioning posted:

Oxyclean posted:

Eureka IMO is prime awful content.

Eureka is good and the worst part of it is Hydatos because it's just a big flat boring open area like Zadnor.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All these posts about MCH weapons and no mention of the Revolver of the Wanderer? smdh

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

But don't you love the basically pointless elemental system?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I hate in RPGs when I gradually get more powerful as I progress through the game

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hellioning posted:

But don't you love the basically pointless elemental system?

Or the needlessly punitive measures against friends partying together?

It's funny because for every complaint I hear about Bozja, my Eureka experience was basically the same thing but 10x worse. At least in Bozja when I ask for a party invite for a skirmish or CE, I get one, unlike "well you're too low EL so you'll hurt our XP" Eureka, if the stupid NMs ever spawn that is.

It says something that despite Eureka having the coolest mount in the game and lore about one of my favorite characters in the game, I still refuse to do it, because it's that miserable of an experience.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kyrosiris posted:

All these posts about MCH weapons and no mention of the Revolver of the Wanderer? smdh

I still miss reload and that gun's custom animation for it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

my macro for making the level 90 stuff (like crafting/gathering gear, sykon bavarois, purple scrip collectables) is this:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Manipulation <wait.2>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac "Innovation" <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.2>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>

imo reflect is still good as it saves you a prep touch to get to 10 inner quiet stacks

this worked for me as soon as i got my HQ crafting set, and only got easier as i melded it up.
Thanks for this. This seems to work with Landsaint + crafted RHS accessories + purple scrip tool, at least for BSM stuff.

(It's also very different than how I would do it, since I usually hand-craft and use HQ intermediates... The nice thing about this macro is that it doesn't break when your stats improve, the downside compared to how I would hand-do is that it doesn't degrade to lower chance for HQ...)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

I hate in RPGs when I gradually get more powerful as I progress through the game

I kind of don't like it when RPGs go "btw you're not powerful anymore, do it again, but also, you will never really get all that powerful"

Like, hitting max level and going into eureka and having to be super careful is not that fun, doubly so when the elemental grind sucks and feels at odds with the mechanics of the zone, and doesn't even make you feel that strong at the end of it.

I get they want to have the zone have it's own progression, but it just kind of sucked.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

That's actually a pretty good Heather

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

I kind of don't like it when RPGs go "btw you're not powerful anymore, do it again, but also, you will never really get all that powerful"

Like, hitting max level and going into eureka and having to be super careful is not that fun, doubly so when the elemental grind sucks and feels at odds with the mechanics of the zone, and doesn't even make you feel that strong at the end of it.

I get they want to have the zone have it's own progression, but it just kind of sucked.

Idk, I usually felt pretty powerful in Eureka. I could pull giant packs of mobs and crush them all at once. I enjoyed the tension of having to sneak through areas with higher level mobs, which also made it feel rewarding to get levels and not have to worry about sneaking through zones that used to be extremely dangerous.

I'm not gonna say Eureka was perfect, but I think it was good in a lot of ways Bozja wasn't, and vice versa. I'm hoping they have similar content planned for Endwalker that's a combination of the best parts of both instead of just Bozja again.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Chillgamesh posted:

What I love is doing that, then getting slammed back to zero, but only in one zone.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

TGLT posted:

I was just about to say lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Idk, I usually felt pretty powerful in Eureka. I could pull giant packs of mobs and crush them all at once. I enjoyed the tension of having to sneak through areas with higher level mobs, which also made it feel rewarding to get levels and not have to worry about sneaking through zones that used to be extremely dangerous.

I'm not gonna say Eureka was perfect, but I think it was good in a lot of ways Bozja wasn't, and vice versa. I'm hoping they have similar content planned for Endwalker that's a combination of the best parts of both instead of just Bozja again.

I just remember needing to get to the fate train without being murdered, and how following the fate train while lower level then everyone else was miserable. (well, unless you just waited for other low level suckers to aggro stuff first)

I think i'd be more interested in the kind of danger they were going for if it was a solo affair that also was supposed to be a huge time consuming grind. Case in point: In From the Cold was an interesting mix-up that created tons of tension, but did not overstay it's welcome.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 3, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My friend and I just took a break each week once we reached a new area so we could use the Challenge logs the following week to get a head start on levelling. Once you get a few levels you can start working on spawning NMs and get to the fun part.

It also does help having a friend to do it with you so you can stay even in levels.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Countblanc posted:

I used the Lost Allagan Pistol for a good long while and have only recently switched off it:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

hazardousmouse posted:

Charles, that's an excellent Roedame

Thanks! The current incarnation is a riff on my ARR character, I got very nostalgic during EW.

TGLT posted:

The skirt is the trickiest part, I couldn't find anything that looks enough like boxy 90s denim.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

I just remember needing to get to the fate train without being murdered, and how following the fate train while lower level then everyone else was miserable.

I think i'd be more interested in the kind of danger they were going for if it was a solo affair that also was supposed to be a huge time consuming grind. Case in point: In From the Cold was an interesting mix-up that created tons of tension, but did not overstay it's welcome.

I guess we just have a different way of looking at it. For me those parts were fun. Figuring out how to get to a safe spot to rez someone who'd died in a tough spot, or just taking a risk and gambling that a mob wouldn't turn or patrol while I was going for it was cool. I liked seeing just how much trash I could get away with pulling at once even if dying occasionally felt bad. Missing FATEs didn't really matter to me since there was always something going on, and people would wait for everyone in the zone to come over for the actually important ones like Pazuzu, Louhi, and Penny. You could dick around and go grind out kills for your challenge log/XP between bosses or if you'd already hit the zone cap you could hit up a bunny FATE and get loot while you waited for a boss to spawn.

To me it just felt like Bozja was a trimmed-down version of this, though for sure Eureka would have benefited from having more raid content instead of only having BA at the very end, and Lost Actions + the holster are a lot more fun and easy than Logos actions + the action deck.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I loved Eureka and bounced off of Bozja before getting to CLL.

Admittedly, I only played Eureka after a lot of reductions in difficulty, but the community around it felt a lot more friendly. Never had any trouble getting into NM parties, and then people would wait for everyone to get there before starting, so the maximum number of people would get XP and crystals.

Contrast to Bozja where you just have to hope that you're close enough to a FATE when it spawns, or it will be finished before you can even attack one mob. Or going into CEs where you have to beg to get into a party, and then spend the whole time on the floor because there are too many skill effects going off to see the AOE markers.

Eureka is exactly the old fashioned "turn your brain off and grind" MMO experience. You have to be a little careful around high level enemies, but if you're on your mount they'll get like one hit in before you're out of range until they leash. It was fun using the full level 70 kit to survive and try to maximize pulls. You could grind normal mobs and hop into NMs when they were close, and then get into an NM party once you got to a high enough level.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

Combining the best parts of Eureka and Bozja would be just Bozja.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Begemot posted:

Contrast to Bozja where you just have to hope that you're close enough to a FATE when it spawns, or it will be finished before you can even attack one mob.

At least in Bozja it's usually easy to find the main FATE farming group and just follow them around.

Begemot posted:

spend the whole time on the floor because there are too many skill effects going off to see the AOE markers.

:hmmyes: I managed to die in practically every CE I joined without having any idea what killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Especially in Eureka and Bozja, but also for other situations of many players like hunt trains and S-ranks and World FATEs, you really just want to turn down/off effects for other players and perhaps reduce pet sizes. That won't fix everything alone, particularly on older hardware, but I can't say I've never been able to see the enemy markers (usually my deaths are dumber like "forgot to rotate the camera to notice the adds outside the arena preparing to launch lasers on my side of the field").