Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Thanks thanks for the kind words

mariooncrack posted:

Your sanity is worth more the salary. I have a soft spot for teachers right now, they're in a tough spot. If you're in the US, the state may go after your license. You may or may not need to lawyer up for this.

When looking for a coding bootcamp, try to find one that won't make you start paying back the loan without finding a job first. Since you were a teacher, you'd probably be ahead of 90% of bootcamp candidates because you know how to talk to someone and have some soft skills.

Thank you for the advice!

There is luckily a free coding program in my city; my wife went to it and really liked it and now earns way better money as a result, so I know it is legit. I just have to pay attention enough to get inside their application window and I’ll just use her skills to help myself in.

They can take my license, idgaf. It was going to expire this year anyway and I had no plans to renew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am really struggling to work out what day it is. I thought it was Monday, Saturday, Sunday & Tuesday at different points today.

I blame this cold I caught from my brother in law over Christmas. So much snot, going through 5-10 tissues an hour. Which at least means it's probably not COVID.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Been anxious about potentially receiving some weird angry phone calls from my now-former boss (uncharacteristic from her, just my anxiety) and then I panic-checked my work email to make sure I sent the resignation (because I had scheduled send because I wrote it at 4 in the AM because I am a winter-time nightcrawler) and she had already responded wishing me luck and asking for photos of the baby down the line.

Anyway feels real good, I’m done, just gotta sort stuff with HR. Phew.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh that must be a huge relief, best of luck with the future!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

happy you are taking control of your destiny friend, anxiety is often our imagination run amok, how blessed to have an imagination even so!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I picked up Neir Replicant remake for the ps5 and man that game is just hitting all my chill buttons. I've put 10 hours in so far and have only done like 5 main quests. Just going around doing side quests, fishing and fighting along with THAT SOUNDTRACK is like the most plug in and chill experience I've had with a game in a long time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Cincinnati Bengals

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Shard posted:

I picked up Neir Replicant remake for the ps5 and man that game is just hitting all my chill buttons. I've put 10 hours in so far and have only done like 5 main quests. Just going around doing side quests, fishing and fighting along with THAT SOUNDTRACK is like the most plug in and chill experience I've had with a game in a long time.

Nier rules, did you ever play Automata? What a series. Best D&D soundtrack you'll ever find.

The best thing Yoko Taro ever did was setting Nier in the Drakengard universe so 16 year old me could say "wait that batshit crazy PS2 game my brother had? I gotta see what this Neir game is all about!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm streaming tonight and I'm so conflicted on doing it.

I do it for fun, it's all to raise money for charity, so it's not my job or anything. There have been times where I've started a stream feeling like this, then wound up having a great time. But I'm a little tired, my throat hurts a little (who knew riling up the dog at the park could be so taxing?) and I'm nervous about starting a new type of game I've never tried before.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't feel cornered. if you're not feeling well, you can reschedule and get yourself a nice gabagool and a parachute. i mean a proshoot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

adulting in my underwear.

watching my toddler be weird.

2022 same as 2021, I guess. IDK still need to fix up some messes.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Oh that must be a huge relief, best of luck with the future!

Eat My Fuc posted:

happy you are taking control of your destiny friend, anxiety is often our imagination run amok, how blessed to have an imagination even so!

Yeah! Thanks!

I’m gonna hop back into the search for more income in a couple of weeks. Right now I’m just gonna stay up late to watch wraassssslin, bake bread, and paint minis.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ibexaz posted:

Nier rules, did you ever play Automata? What a series. Best D&D soundtrack you'll ever find.

The best thing Yoko Taro ever did was setting Nier in the Drakengard universe so 16 year old me could say "wait that batshit crazy PS2 game my brother had? I gotta see what this Neir game is all about!"

I bounced off Automata but picked up the Game of the Yorha edition for the ps5 and I'm gonna play it after I beat Replicant. The videos from Clemps got me into the series. Yoko Taro is a madman

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

I bounced off Automata but picked up the Game of the Yorha edition for the ps5 and I'm gonna play it after I beat Replicant. The videos from Clemps got me into the series. Yoko Taro is a madman

Nier is one of those games that I've always meant to pick up but just never have for whatever reason. Currently playing State of Decay 2, which is a lil jank but lots of fun to just sit and run around in for an hour or two.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm on day 11 of my Christmas vacation and time doesn't exist anymore. My supper was 4 hashbrown and some fried eggs. Chaos meal bitch. Where am I.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was in America like ten or fifteen years ago and I loving gorged myself on Denny’s hash browns every chance I got , gently caress me I could eat that stuff for days. Probably absolute poo poo but it tasted so good.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Denny's is one of things I've seen being mentioned, referenced and advertised for as long as I can remember but I've never seen one with my eyes. I think the entire world is gaslighting me on this.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

What are you a Brit. Eggy for your Breggy then guvnah.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

What are you a Brit. Eggy for your Breggy then guvnah.

A dirty French Canadian!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Least you aren’t on the dipshit continent with all the losers whose rear end we kicked in wars. You’re an alright sort so long as you Admit that 1812 was a cheap shot & doesn’t count

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

there are enough "Denny's fights" videos on youtube for it to legit be it's own MMA promotion, it's wild.

https://youtu.be/NtMxhNplxlg

there's been like hundreds more since then, I saw one once that was essentially a lights out match with a bunch of table bumps and wooden chair shots, can't find it but it's from like 3 years ago.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

there are enough "Denny's fights" videos on youtube for it to legit be it's own MMA promotion, it's wild.

there's been like hundreds more since then, I saw one once that was essentially a lights out match with a bunch of table bumps and wooden chair shots, can't find it but it's from like 3 years ago.

I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was in America like ten or fifteen years ago and I loving gorged myself on Denny’s hash browns every chance I got , gently caress me I could eat that stuff for days. Probably absolute poo poo but it tasted so good.

Dennys has the shittiest hashbrowns of all the trashy breakfast places. Waffle House hashbrowns would absolutely make you lose your goddamn mind

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I miss going to Wafflehouse.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I used to eat the Dagwood at Denny’s all the time in college, no wonder I weighed 270 pounds.

I miss being at a Waffle House at like 2am on a Friday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

One time I bought five cameras in a dennys parking lot and sold them all for 2x the price in the smoking section of dennys.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big fan of Dennys. Ironically has a far and away better pancake than IHOP. Surprisingly good burgers too, for a chain restaurant. All I want in the world is for Waffle House to open a New Jersey location, I want to know what a Smothered and Covered hash brown is.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

Big fan of Dennys. Ironically has a far and away better pancake than IHOP. Surprisingly good burgers too, for a chain restaurant. All I want in the world is for Waffle House to open a New Jersey location, I want to know what a Smothered and Covered hash brown is.

grilled onions and cheese on top

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I made one last plea to my employer to let me work from home, their response was to tell me to do the same humiliating song and dance I went through when I made this request a year ago (a request they denied after I spent weeks gathering information from my supervisors and my psychiatrist)

upside is I'm allowed to work from home while I put together this new request, so I'm just gonna pretend to be doing that while I look for a new gig

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I've never been to a Denny's and I think I've only been to an IHOP once when i was a small child

e: i genuinely didn't know there were Denny's locations in New Jersey

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Waffle House has some wild fights too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Waffle House has some wild fights too.

Waffle House fights go hard because so often it’s staff vs customer, I’ve seen a few in person, poo poo gets wild after midnight

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

I've never been to a Denny's and I think I've only been to an IHOP once when i was a small child

e: i genuinely didn't know there were Denny's locations in New Jersey

Rt 18 East Brunswick, next to an IHOP. You can knock out two birds with one stone.

Two years ago I drove an hour to that Dennys on my birthday just to get a free grand slam, essentially as a bit. But when we got there it was closed for remodeling. Bad birthday!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Rt 18 East Brunswick, next to an IHOP. You can knock out two birds with one stone.

Two years ago I drove an hour to that Dennys on my birthday just to get a free grand slam, essentially as a bit. But when we got there it was closed for remodeling. Bad birthday!

i just assumed since every town in new jersey has at least 2 lovely diners at minimum there was no space in the market for Denny's

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Sometimes you just strike out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just did my driving license exam in godawful snowy weather but six months and around 2500€ since starting the thing I’m now legally allowed to operate a motor vehicle. Gonna watch some of that ”pro wrestling” to celebrate

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

a cyborg mug posted:

Just did my driving license exam in godawful snowy weather but six months and around 2500€ since starting the thing I’m now legally allowed to operate a motor vehicle. Gonna watch some of that ”pro wrestling” to celebrate

make sure you do it while driving for maximum celebratory value

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

i just assumed since every town in new jersey has at least 2 lovely diners at minimum there was no space in the market for Denny's

still cant believe they loving closed the pank

MotU fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 4, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ken Levine has been on my poo poo list since he made Bioshock Infinite. His big idea that actually the oppressed are just as bad as their racist oppressors because the oppressed will just eventually turn into child killing anarchists. gently caress that game.

This dude is terrible at making games

https://kotaku.com/report-ken-levines-ghost-story-studio-is-nowhere-near-1848297126

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My Bioshock Hot Take is the story in Infinite was a mess but not because Daisy tried to kill a kid, which seems to be the part people get hung up on the most