Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Given the proportion of folks who are probably in there to troll, we should probably focus on things Nathen himself says in there, as opposed to just every random weirdo.

edit: a terrible, content-free snipe. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I think it's more goons have no idea when to let anything alone and they tend to push boundaries until all of a sudden they're showing up at Nathen's house in Garfield costumes chanting "GAR-FFU-CINO GAR-FFU-CINO"

Are you not entergaged?!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

Given the proportion of folks who are probably in there to troll, we should probably focus on things Nathen himself says in there, as opposed to just every random weirdo.

edit: a terrible, content-free snipe. :negative:

nathenmazri — Today at 10:55 PM
thats the spirit mneowwwwwwwwww

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

For real did anyone eat the pizza? Was it any good

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Alan Smithee posted:

Are you not entergaged?!

I am constantly entergaged! :awesome:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So many thing have gone wrong in my life to lead me to this

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Excuse me? Quit posting my NFTs! :mods:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

biosterous posted:

whole lotta goons getting really close to the poop, hovering their hands over the poop, saying "i'm not touching you! i'm not touching you!" to the poop

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i got araboliosis. the doctor says i need an emergency garfieldectomy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
E: nm too l8

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 4, 2022

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

No and no.

But if you want to watch a Toronto Youtuber try it here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeToadShU8&t=356s

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Randomly tuned into a discord group chat with Nathen. Among other things, discussion included how nickelodeon reminds him of his dad because both told him "no" very often. Listening to him talk is so weird.

EDIT: HE JUST CALLED NATHFIELD A CHARACTER I AM SO CONFUSED

Elephant Ambush posted:

I scrolled back in a few channels and tons of people are posting the gif of Nathen kissing the Garfield plush. I can't tell if it's ironic or not.

I think very ironic but it's also one of the servers animated emoji

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 4, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I had just finished playing a game with some friends and I checked the discord. Nathen called a voice chat meeting and I jumped into the voice chat. I was muted and didn't say anything. I just wanted to listen for a bit. I didn't stay long. There were like 12 total people there.

Things I heard:

Nathen wanted to be a corporate lawyer but he failed out first year. He loves corporate takeovers and mergers. The way he talked about it made me feel like he's seen too many movies

He flat out says the most important thing in the world is branding and told everyone to make sure they have their own personal brand and to focus on it

He said the GarfieldEATS social media accounts are still around for two reasons:

- He doesn't want them to just sit around as dead accounts

- Big surprise here, he's using the NFT thing as revenge for getting his license pulled. He says these NFTs are art and the blockchain says he owns the art so the Garfield copyright holders can't legally touch him. He was basically like "if you're gonna pull my license then gently caress you I'm gonna blockchain this Garfield art"

He says he's the only one doing the "giving back 1%" thing. He also says he's the only one doing carbon-neutral NFTs

More than one person said to Nathen, out loud, "I don't like NFTs but I support yours because I support you". Nathen was taken aback but didn't get upset and he was not deterred. One of those people admitted to not knowing anything about NFTs or how they work

He wants to do movies and open clubs. He didn't elaborate

He can't sell the GarfieldEATS store operations manual because there are copyrighted images in it

He's never going to work with another franchise IP that someone else owns. He feels like he was taken advantage of as a fan. He said from now on if anyone wants him to promote their IP they should pay him to do it.

Someone is asking him troll questions in voice chat. Like "do you think NFTs are a government psi-op?" Nathen asked for clarification and then didn't answer the question. He veered off into a story. "Do you consider yourself a sigma male?" IDK what that even means and then I had to drop because my earbuds were almost out of power and also I wanted to go play more video games.

I am never doing that again. I'm just gonna lurk the discord. I scrolled back in a few channels and tons of people are posting the gif of Nathen kissing the Garfield plush. I can't tell if it's ironic or not.

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
Nathen is now explaining how he's going to wear a Garfield tail on the red carpet and it will go viral in the fashion world.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Nathen just described himself as "humble"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Solomon Gumball
Jul 24, 2019
Nathen eying Heathcliffe, but talking with 3D animators about creating Narthield. He fired a bunch of people because they smoked weed and someone stole the Garfuccuino machine.

Solomon Gumball fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 4, 2022

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Solomon Gumball posted:

Nathen eying Heathcliffe, but talking with 3D animators about creating Narthield. He fired a bunch of people because they smoked weed and someone stole the Garfuccuino machine.

I'm glad cool stoners stole his Garfuccino machine. But I'm sure he actually just didn't make payments or something.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Things I heard:

Nathen wanted to be a corporate lawyer but he failed out first year. He loves corporate takeovers and mergers. The way he talked about it made me feel like he's seen too many movies

He flat out says the most important thing in the world is branding and told everyone to make sure they have their own personal brand and to focus on it

He said the GarfieldEATS social media accounts are still around for two reasons:

- He doesn't want them to just sit around as dead accounts

- Big surprise here, he's using the NFT thing as revenge for getting his license pulled. He says these NFTs are art and the blockchain says he owns the art so the Garfield copyright holders can't legally touch him. He was basically like "if you're gonna pull my license then gently caress you I'm gonna blockchain this Garfield art"

He says he's the only one doing the "giving back 1%" thing. He also says he's the only one doing carbon-neutral NFTs

More than one person said to Nathen, out loud, "I don't like NFTs but I support yours because I support you". Nathen was taken aback but didn't get upset and he was not deterred. One of those people admitted to not knowing anything about NFTs or how they work

He can't sell the GarfieldEATS store operations manual because there are copyrighted images in it

He's never going to work with another franchise IP that someone else owns. He feels like he was taken advantage of as a fan. He said from now on if anyone wants him to promote their IP they should pay him to do it.

Someone is asking him troll questions in voice chat. Like "do you think NFTs are a government psi-op?" Nathen asked for clarification and then didn't answer the question. He veered off into a story. "Do you consider yourself a sigma male?" IDK what that even means and then I had to drop because my earbuds were almost out of power and also I wanted to go play more video games.

Only a lucky madman could be able to navigate the entergagement minefield while dodging true believers scattered among the no man's land of Nathfield to bring back this valuable intel.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The thing with Nathan is that he believes he's really good at all this stuff which is why it's so funny

It's a real Tommy wiseau situation

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm glad cool stoners stole his Garfuccino machine. But I'm sure he actually just didn't make payments or something.

God drat if that's true, someone has an absolutely legendary keepsake.

Do you think it automatically dumps in orange peels?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

I did. Imagine a tasteless thin crust that's floppy instead of crispy, with carrot baby food instead of normal sauce.
Literal money laundering fronts have better pizza

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

he's using the NFT thing as revenge for getting his license pulled. He says these NFTs are art and the blockchain says he owns the art so the Garfield copyright holders can't legally touch him.

What a maroon.

Elephant Ambush posted:

What bullshit. That would make him the only customer of those services, which would only be existing for him. Pure ego.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hattie Masters posted:

Randomly tuned into a discord group chat with Nathen. Among other things, discussion included how nickelodeon reminds him of his dad because both told him "no" very often. Listening to him talk is so weird.

EDIT: HE JUST CALLED NATHFIELD A CHARACTER I AM SO CONFUSED

I think very ironic but it's also one of the servers animated emoji

No you shut the gently caress up Nickelodeon!

I just want to eat some hard, loving pizza right now

init
Jun 20, 2021

Elephant Ambush posted:

He also mentioned a couple of times in the voice chat that he is looking into developing his own original IP, and that its going to be "as good as Hollywood".

A reminder of what Nathen's original IP looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutQiCSUNOQ

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

corporations love blackmail and i am sure this will turn out exactly as he expects it to

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

quote:

He posts multiple videos/images of him making out with Garfield plushes and proposing Garfield/Nathen/Scooby three-ways, then steals copyrighted images to make into NFTs as corporate revenge, yet he's afraid to sell or upload a PDF for a store operations menu? Pretty cowardly.

Take care of the cat Nathen....and it will take care of you

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

init posted:

He also mentioned a couple of times in the voice chat that he is looking into developing his own original IP, and that its going to be "as good as Hollywood".

A reminder of what Nathen's original IP looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutQiCSUNOQ

Looking forward to mail order AhmedAndHowardEATS Big Cow Lasagna!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
if he had sold the garfield pizza cutter thing, he would have actually had to do work and ship products because someone would have bought it. so I can definitely see why he didn't

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Wait! The lasagna and Garfaccino are also Garfield shaped??? I'm SOLD!

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Featured:$300 charcuterie board made from "reclaimed" wood (Carbon Neutral)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

That charcuterie board looks like overstock from Spencer's Gifts or something.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
his tux is the same color as long-dried splashy diarrhea poo poo stains on porcelain

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

abigserve posted:

The thing with Nathan is that he believes he's really good at all this stuff which is why it's so funny

Also lol at

"Someone make a combination of Nathen and Garfield"

"Nathfield. Or I dunno"

"My new identity is now NATHFIELD"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Gnaartfhieelnd
Ngaatrhfeineld

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garfen

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

corporations love blackmail and i am sure this will turn out exactly as he expects it to

I don't think he's trying to blackmail anyone. He could draw a lovely picture of Garfield and say it's his. It's fan art. There are people who have Garfield avatars on social media. I don't think anyone is really going to sue him over any of this because he's a small time nincompoop

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
You have until 8pm to release Garfield Mr. Nickleodeon. Fail to comply and I will release the tapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

abigserve posted:

I've long suspected that Tommy Wiseau's projects were actually money laundering fronts for eastern european mobs.