Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

They've waited to make the S ranks for certain zones available to fight to cut down on congestion or some such thing. I remember the same being done in 4.0 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Firebert posted:

it's bullshit that bunshin turns into pk but minor arcana doesn't turn into crown play, please dear god save me from this bullshit ability

This was the very next thing I looked for after reading the PK change and hoo boy was I ever disappointed

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Pls make Ikishoten change into Ogi Namikiri. Samurai got the most buttons of any Melee DPS.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Klewer posted:

Pls make Ikishoten change into Ogi Namikiri. Samurai got the most buttons of any Melee DPS.

They want you to be able to use Ikishoten and then delay Ogi Namikiri without delaying the Ikishoten cooldown which is what this change would do because coding.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Venuz Patrol posted:

zenos krile yshtola
this guy gets it :hmmyes:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lord_Magmar posted:

They want you to be able to use Ikishoten and then delay Ogi Namikiri without delaying the Ikishoten cooldown which is what this change would do because coding.

They can have a button change but keep track of an invisible cooldown, that's how standard/technical finish work for dancer. When you're dancing, the cooldown is already running, standard can be like halfway down by the time you finish if you delay it for whatever reason.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

quote:

Samurai
Action Adjustment
Higanbana Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
Kaeshi: Higanbana Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
Midare Setsugekka Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
Kaeshi: Setsugekka Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.

Good? I guess? This seems good? I don't recall having this problem but, thank you? Thank you.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Bleck posted:

Good? I guess? This seems good? I don't recall having this problem but, thank you? Thank you.

It's standardisation, Ogi Namikiri and Tenkan Goken were already 6 yalms of range. It's mostly noticeable on the Second EX Trial because there's parts where you have to stand out of range of everything except Ogi Namikiri and Tenkan Goken.

It's a QoL change.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bleck posted:

I've played very little Samurai (it's only up to 60, for example), only really notably in PotD since I was taking a break from grinding dungeons while I was leveling it. This change would have been really nice during that.

So many missed Kaiten Iaijutsu. :negative:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Ah, okay, I probably haven't gotten that far but it's good to know it's a good change after all.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's time to talk gathering in the Heavensward LP.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Bleck posted:

Ah, okay, I probably haven't gotten that far but it's good to know it's a good change after all.

It also means bosses moving won't screw your Iajutsu as much.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
drat it I was looking forward to arcane crest healing!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dear [Insert Raidleader/Static name here]

I hereby formally apologize for choosing to play Paladin in this upcoming Pandaemonium (Savage) raid tier. Please forgive me for intentionally hindering our progress and chances at meeting the week one DPS checks. I promise to try my best and will put forth extra time and effort into studying the holy spreadsheet scriptures, so that I may one day hope to reach even a fraction of our [Insert Co-tank Job]'s damage contribution.

Sincerely,
[Your name here]

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
just lmao if you think having a pld in your static is what stops you from clearing

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jehuti posted:

just lmao if you think having a pld in your static is what stops you from clearing

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm never swapping off PLD. It's fun as hell to play. A DPS boost would have been nice but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Professor Beetus posted:

Ah ok. Well, cool I guess. Would have been nice to get some sort of buff but I guess I'm the fool for leveling two ranged physical dps classes to 90 before literally anything else.

Unless one of those is MCH I'm not really that sympathetic. At least BRD and DNC have legit rdps.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jehuti posted:

It’s not going to make or break a static but it’s really dumb that it’s the clearest case of one class lagging behind the rest of the role and it went untouched.

I’ll still be switching off of it for rest of this patch cycle because devs have admitted before they don’t really base balance off parses much and mostly go off of class popularity on what needs adjusted.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 4, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Servers are up, and the race for World First is largely in the heavy RNG phase of P0S, Queue (Savage).

In a more serious note, there's another World Race for Charity benefiting ExtraLife if you want to watch an overall progress of many teams. I'm such at work with the capability to only watch one stream, so I'm just watching Stal and her static get through queues.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that using any weaponskill still removes all stacks of Raiju Ready. And yes, it's no longer a combo. Also the tooltip of the Trait still refers to "Forked Raiju Ready" even though that no longer exists.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I was hoping they would increase the range of Phlegma.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I finally got all my crafters up to 90, I'm working on the 90 crafter set. It's my first time going hard on crafting in this game. Is there a stat priority for materia like there is for the fighty jobs?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CP > everything.

Like I have literally never not capped CP and doing that is pretty much always correct.

After that you need enough craftsmanship to hit your progress breakpoints for a recipe and then everything else in control.

How much craftsmanship is enough changes based on the rotation, which in turn depends on the recipe. Recipes being added are usually pretty predictable but experts are a thing now so there's more tiers than the 3 per expansion before. I would weigh craftsmanship roughly equally with control given that's the case. Basically a craft IX/X is roughly equivalent to a control IX/X in stat weigh, but if you have a choice and won't overcap use control first. You saw a lot of guides treat craftsmanship as a dump stat in ShB and had melds where they took like 3 control when you could have had like 9 craftsmanship or whatever and then got screwed when experts came out

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Holy poo poo.
https://twitter.com/sabekujikaneda/status/1478318087552176128?t=58qg3gZqhMXouHjLywfgHQ&s=19

It's apparently super cheap in the Gold Saucer?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is that the thing you buy with MGP but can vendor for Gil that people are saying must be a bug

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Probably. It was listed in the Known Issues section of the patch notes, though not by name, so they're aware of it. It's at least a piddly amount of Gil.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol party finder with 80 entries entirely made up of omnicrafters trying to sell raid gear

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder if the wyrmwind buff is enough to change the drg opener, which currently considers the first fang and claw good enough to dump your first lifesurge into just to get the cooldown rolling. Presumably there's a point where wyrmwind is so strong that there's no point in lifesurging anything else, but I don't know what point that is

Life surge doesn't work on wyrmwind. It's an "ability" while life surge only acts on "weaponskills" (GCDs, essentially).

What might change is delaying buffs to ensure the first wyrmwind fits into your initial buff window, but I kind of doubt it.

Edit: If the initial buff window gets pushed back, it might be after the first fang & claw. If that's the case, you wouldn't life surge the first fang and claw anymore. The priority for life surge is buffed heaven's thrust > buffed fifth hit > unbuffed heaven's thrust. It's better to hold a life surge charge for the next HT than use it on an unbuffed fifth hit.

Theris fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 4, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

quote:

Other minor text issues have also been addressed.

I can confirm that they fixed the untranslated Pandemonium entry for Stone, Sky, Sea. :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragoon buff :woop:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess S-E is officially supporting player-run strip clubs now,.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ImpAtom posted:

I guess S-E is officially supporting player-run strip clubs now,.

Well if they can't find a way to implement NFTs into the game they need to do something.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Only 500 astronomy tomes to buy a weapon, unlike the 1000 limited tomes it's been since ARR? That's kind of nice.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's that time of year when I wish I had the kind of consistent play schedule (and commitment to playing the game for more than a month or two at a time) to join a static :negative: Just gonna watch all the savage fun from afar as usual

I hope the P4S savage phase has some rad music

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

10/10 patch

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is the stripper pole the only thing they added with MGP? I didn't see anything else. Boo

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leal posted:

10/10 patch

Can you interact with the pole though

If not it's a significant point deduction.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also while the set is cool, and makes sense thematically, I think the DoW Radiant gear makes everyone just look like a Dragoon which is goofy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is the stripper pole the only thing they added with MGP? I didn't see anything else. Boo

I mean, if you only add one thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also while the set is cool, and makes sense thematically, I think the DoW Radiant gear makes everyone just look like a Dragoon which is goofy.

On the other hand, the Sage weapons are four tiny dragons so Radiant gear is truly a land of contrasts.