Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

Imagine hating black people so much you blame them for snow.

We're trying very hard to heat this planet and don't appreciate this BLM sabotage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lol, is he even driving in the treads?

But, seriously, what is the city not doing during active snowfall? Was he expecting to be driving on an inch of salt?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

BirdOfPlay posted:

Lol, is he even driving in the treads?

But, seriously, what is the city not doing during active snowfall? Was he expecting to be driving on an inch of salt?

plowing and pretreating in the DC area is notoriously poo poo and its not helped by the fact that at least four different DOTs are responsible for doing so across the DC metro area.

that being said its not really any worse or better this time so this seems much more like he wanted to be a racist on main.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/nopoweradeinusa/status/1477917734834884608

It's up to you who's the idiot, but imo this is pure "you win the internets for today, good sir" 2007-style cringe.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Well What Now posted:

Yeah, they're British and feel the need to state their opinion about something. You can assume they're TERFs until proven otherwise.

Not so! Sometimes they are a nonce.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

MTG? I don't know about talent agencies but I do know that her district is extremely gerrymandered, to the point where it's basically completely impossible for a democrat to ever win. Its splits in past presidential elections have been around 75-25 or worse in the GOP's favor.

So she got into the House "for free" without having to really compete in a general election. Which makes sense because that level of insane qanon jewish-space-lasers brainworms would basically turn off every single swing/moderate voter in an actual non-gerrymandered district.

The thing is, relatively speaking, Georgia isn't really all that bad in terms of gerrymandering:

(MTG's is the purple one in the northwest corner.) There's definitely still gerrymandering in there, but it isn't anywhere near as visibly egregious as it once was, for example 2003-2006:

Besides, it was the Republicans in charge when the current map was drawn, and the point of gerrymandering isn't usually to give your own party overwhelming majorities in their districts. Generally the tactic is to do that for the other party, cramming as many of the opposition votes into as few districts as possible, then spreading out the rest among a larger number of districts where your party can outnumber them by small (but still comfortable) margins. Making landslide districts for your own team is just a waste of votes that could be put to use elsewhere.

So my take is that MTG's district isn't really gerrymandered, it's just naturally deep-red.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TinTower posted:

It's up to you who's the idiot, but imo this is pure "you win the internets for today, good sir" 2007-style cringe.

Yeah it strikes me more as cringy, but pretty goddamn harmless, posting. Compared to everything else these days it has almost a weird sense of nostalgic that I feel for it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I can buy that it might one of the worst takes of 2022 since we just started, but no way it stays on the leaderboard through the end of the week

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Marshal Prolapse posted:

This however, is an issue, unrelated to Farlow, at least if you live in the or well if you're not an Israeli Jew. There is a definite hostility to the idea that Jews are a minority in the same way Asians, Blacks, and Latinos are. We're just white...which is annoying, cause honestly white people are far far on my radar more then any minority group. I should say I don't think this is a majority viewpoint, but a vocal segment of some.

She's coming from the UK perspective - there are a LOT of "left wing" types there who discovered their Jewishness immediately after the idea of calling Jeremy Corbyn "anti-Semitic" for being critical of Israel took off. Not religious at all, incredibly white, and using "anti-Semitism" to call the overwhelmingly non-white people to the left of them "the real racists" (and any Jewish people, including religious Jews, are accused of being "self-hating" if they dare suggest that Israel has done anything wrong)

She's part of a cohort that's buddied up to all manner of actually anti-Semitic figures in Europe because they support the government of Israel, it's almost explicitly a white nationalist position to take.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Typing out "Apparently, 'Black Lives Matter'" and hitting send without a single second spent considering the events that led him to this point in his life.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is he mad about that the government weather control program hates white people?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

HiroProtagonist posted:

maybe i'm misremembering but isn't this one of the things she's notorious for implying? i feel like I've seen her attacking people for not considering jewish people to be worthy of consideration, like an "actually, all lives matter" type argument.

if thats not accurate then yeah strike that last part

better screenshot this one, because yikes

lol at how good firefox's built in screenshot tool is sometimes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

can we talk about whether that guy took a photo by screenshotting the camera app

because thats what it looks like to me

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Ratjaculation posted:

can we talk about whether that guy took a photo by screenshotting the camera app

because thats what it looks like to me
Yeah that does my head in more than even the other aspects of it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah it strikes me more as cringy, but pretty goddamn harmless, posting. Compared to everything else these days it has almost a weird sense of nostalgic that I feel for it.

It's super 2017 energy

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s like ruthkanda forever. Not harmful but so bad it shoots you mentally back 5 years lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CelticPredator posted:

It’s like ruthkanda forever. Not harmful but so bad it shoots you mentally back 5 years lmao

I was trying to think of a word to describe it and as much as I don't like the word "cheugy" it seems apt

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

Oof good point.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CelticPredator posted:

ahh gently caress I had forgotten that

I wish I could go back to a few minutes ago where that was still true

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Heath posted:

I was trying to think of a word to describe it and as much as I don't like the word "cheugy" it seems apt
After some brief Internet research it seems the most cheugy thing possible is believing cheugy is a thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

the part where it's a different breed of crazy. She was full Q Anon during the campaign and as soon as she won she was all 'what even is Q that sounds made up by the liberals to insult us actually'. She picks up and tosses away things depending on how much attention they'll get her and being a chud is great engagement since you get positive attention from the Trump world and people like AOC 100% fall for the scam and go 'she is actually v. dangerous and scary' for you.

Chud grifters and chud true believers are both terrible actually, you fool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CelticPredator posted:

I was gonna say the closest analogy was George Takei saying Biden broke his foot by kicking Trump's rear end, but that is a way better one

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

She's part of a cohort that's buddied up to all manner of actually anti-Semitic figures in Europe because they support the government of Israel, it's almost explicitly a white nationalist position to take.

Oh man, the number of people who went off at me for pointing this out when Corbyn was still Labour leader.

We can disagree on whether Corbyn took antisemitism seriously enough, but don't get mad at me for not taking lectures on who is and isn't antisemitic from people who pal around with Viktor Orban.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Splicer posted:

After some brief Internet research it seems the most cheugy thing possible is believing cheugy is a thing.

It's a perfectly cromulent word.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ookiimarukochan posted:

She's coming from the UK perspective - there are a LOT of "left wing" types there who discovered their Jewishness immediately after the idea of calling Jeremy Corbyn "anti-Semitic" for being critical of Israel took off. Not religious at all, incredibly white, and using "anti-Semitism" to call the overwhelmingly non-white people to the left of them "the real racists" (and any Jewish people, including religious Jews, are accused of being "self-hating" if they dare suggest that Israel has done anything wrong)

yea you can maybe have a conversation about the ~whiteness of white Jews~ but it's super not going to come from Eve Fartlow who's become the patron saint of every UK 'I have generational trauma from my grandparents being alive during the holocaust (please don't ask me if they were anywhere where it happened) and even though I live my life completely agnostic of any Jewish heritage or culture Jeremy Corbyn is triggering me by wearing a tie'. She's a complete psycho who's big move after being called 'Fartlow' a bunch was to go 'wow, farts, as in gas, as in you're threatening to gas me for being a Jew??????' and instantly cozy up with some of the most insanely antisemitic europeans who happen to also be pro-zionism (because they want us all to gently caress off to Israel and die). She has no genuine interest in improving life for Jews or fighting genuine antisemitism.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What's he want the city to do, pre-plow the roads? They don't even look that bad.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

grittyreboot posted:

What's he want the city to do, pre-plow the roads? They don't even look that bad.

There's no reason that poors couldn't have been by the roadside waiting for the snow like I was from my iphone app.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ookiimarukochan posted:

The real wild thing is that nowadays, actual anti-Semitism and Zionism pretty much go hand in hand, for various reasons.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Isn't DC also close to 50% black? Or did they all get a note to be out of town for the snowstorm?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Chud grifters and chud true believers are both terrible actually, you fool

also the debate of whats the difference between true believers and conpersons that know its a con for money/power is a silly academic question,

a question and answer that maybe was interesting in the 90s. also all cons become true believers if they pretend long enough, or a person is lovely if they chose to grifte this area.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

conservatives have gotten so stupid that other stupid people can grift them

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coolness Averted posted:

Isn't DC also close to 50% black? Or did they all get a note to be out of town for the snowstorm?

Yeah, all the white professionals who work either in the capitol buildings or for one of K street lobbying firms live in either Virginia or Maryland

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

hawowanlawow posted:

conservatives have gotten so stupid that other stupid people can grift them
It's grifters all the way down

And my oh my is there a striking amount of depth for such shallow people

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The real wild thing is that nowadays, actual anti-Semitism and Zionism pretty much go hand in hand, for various reasons.
Mostly evangelical Christianity. There need to be Jews in Israel for the Second Coming, and then they convert and everything's not peachy.

Andrew Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress" (not Evangelical) has the couplet

quote:

And you should, if you please, refuse
Till the conversion of the Jews.
referring to how long she could keep being coy if they were both immortal.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/SilverEagleDev/status/1477757966115815431?t=TfYUp1AmRROJLhAqkerOMA&s=19

Lmao at the pony lady

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

well you know what they say about good intentions

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sandweed posted:

Not so! Sometimes they are a nonce.

Now, now - that's not fair.

You're implying that they could not be both.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Mostly evangelical Christianity. There need to be Jews in Israel for the Second Coming, and then they convert and everything's not peachy.

Andrew Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress" (not Evangelical) has the couplet

referring to how long she could keep being coy if they were both immortal.

Poem notable because the next line has like the first historical instance of Eggplant emoji

"My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires and more slow;"

🍆 💦

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

The thing is, relatively speaking, Georgia isn't really all that bad in terms of gerrymandering:

(MTG's is the purple one in the northwest corner.) There's definitely still gerrymandering in there, but it isn't anywhere near as visibly egregious as it once was, for example 2003-2006:

Besides, it was the Republicans in charge when the current map was drawn, and the point of gerrymandering isn't usually to give your own party overwhelming majorities in their districts. Generally the tactic is to do that for the other party, cramming as many of the opposition votes into as few districts as possible, then spreading out the rest among a larger number of districts where your party can outnumber them by small (but still comfortable) margins. Making landslide districts for your own team is just a waste of votes that could be put to use elsewhere.

So my take is that MTG's district isn't really gerrymandered, it's just naturally deep-red.

I'm stuck living in MTG's district, and I can assure you, it's loving deep red. At one point there was a qanon billboard up along I-75, and there's one persistent one that reads "every voice shall proclaim "Jesus is Lord!" (Even the Democrats)" with a little devil next to the 'Democrats'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TinTower posted:

Well this is one hell of a way to find out that Betty White died.