Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sexpig by night posted:

yea to be fair if you just saw snippets of it it super looked like what a lot of communities had as actual stupid poo poo so taken in 'lol lookit this chunk' format it was super believable.

But yea, all together as one thing it's fairly obviously a fake smashing together of every trope for the funny times.

It's not far off from how a lot of awkward tween-to-teen girls typed back in the early 2000s, yeah. You have to be playing attention to stuff like how they deliberately find funnier and weirder ways to spell McGonagall or "forget" Hagrid is an adult man and not a sexy teen vampire to realize it's not sincerely being written by an oblivious, dyslexic teen girl. This was also back in more innocent times, when everyone assumed nobody would have the time or dedication to make up elaborate fake personas with multiple social media accounts and fake friends with their own fake online presences running simultaneously for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems crazy even for Peter to say that Lindsay Ellis is a CIA front. Or even to say that Philosophy Tube is an MI6 front. Like, that’s extremely far around the bend, to go qanon over likes, shares, and ringing the bell for notifications.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I mean, Three Arrows at least has the name thing going on if you’re looking for someone out to get leftists.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly the main defining incident for the "Breadtube is a CIA/MI6/Insert agency here front" clique Coffin found themselves chummy with was a bunch of them getting extremely loving irate over a shitpost of twerking Marx/Lenin/Mao.

Like straight up "you should be rightfully executed by the Chinese Communist Party" levels of Not Mad at a meme.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I AM GRANDO posted:

It seems crazy even for Peter to say that Lindsay Ellis is a CIA front. Or even to say that Philosophy Tube is an MI6 front. Like, that’s extremely far around the bend, to go qanon over likes, shares, and ringing the bell for notifications.
It just reminds me of how people say Marvel movies are CIA psyops, you can make literally anything a CIA psyop with enough force of will and 6 degrees with Henry Kissenger

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rich Evans is a cia psyop and is slowly using his connections with reptilians to turn mike into the hulk

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Bernie Sanders is a CIA psyop

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally. I've been telling people for the last 23 years that Jenny Nicholson does not exist. She was a shadow puppet in the 70's an animatronic in the 90's and now they've started using Deep Blue to make a hologram to review movies. WAKE UP.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I watched video game dunkey joke about bad acting in video games today and now I want to start a coup to destabilize a country

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For 12 years you’ve been asking who is Jenny Nicholson

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Rich Evans is a cia psyop and is slowly using his connections with reptilians to turn mike into the hulk

He appears to have given up half way and just settled for the Incredible Bulk.

Anyway, Thought Slime was just a mass hallucination.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CelticPredator posted:

more like the skolk

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CelticPredator posted:

For 12 years you’ve been asking who is Jenny Nicholson

Just imagine I posted the entire Who Is John Galt but with Jenny.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Impermanent posted:

What's the lady everyone is annoyingly stepping around naming
Laurelai Bailey

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://youtu.be/rxXOBlND3kc

idk I miss Cody but i think the new host deserves a chance

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

He appears to have given up half way and just settled for the Incredible Bulk.

Anyway, Thought Slime was just a mass hallucination.

Lord Oculon however is very, dreadfully real.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Just imagine I posted the entire Who Is John Galt but with Jenny.

Jenny: I'm not really sure if I like this John Galt guy.

MauLer: [Angrily yells the entire John Galt Speech at Jenny without stopping for a pee break at any point for 11 straight hours]

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

nine-gear crow posted:

Jenny: I'm not really sure if I like this John Galt guy.

MauLer: [Angrily yells the entire John Galt Speech at Jenny without stopping for a pee break at any point for 11 straight hours]

He wouldn't take a pee break but he'd pause after every third word to dissect those three words shorn entirely of the context of the other words in the speech and use this to explain why Jenny is indeed bad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Odd request but can any Oceania experts help me place izzzyzzz's accent? I guessed northern NZ, a friend of mine said SE Australia. I wanna know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssi5lYD6gkM

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
If she pronounces six as "sex" then northern NZ, otherwise I'd say Australian.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The way she says "restaurant" (ristaurant) and "unhinged" (unhenged) sounds Kiwi to me, after listening to the first thirty seconds of that video.

I'm from SE Australia and her accent is different from mine.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 4, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SteelMentor posted:

Honestly the main defining incident for the "Breadtube is a CIA/MI6/Insert agency here front" clique Coffin found themselves chummy with was a bunch of them getting extremely loving irate over a shitpost of twerking Marx/Lenin/Mao.

Like straight up "you should be rightfully executed by the Chinese Communist Party" levels of Not Mad at a meme.

Pretty sure it was more then that. It was them going full weird hardline and pretending to be comrade ur-communist and then verreing to tankie land and also being more of a weird poo poo then usual.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Dire Lemming posted:

If she pronounces six as "sex" then northern NZ, otherwise I'd say Australian.

That's the point of confusion for us. She does the "pen/pin" merger you hear in many stereotypical New Zealand accents, but her heavily diphthongized "oh -> oouuu" vowels sound very Australian to me. If I had to guess I would say NZ but I'm not sure!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

They're incredibly similar accents, to the point that even as an Australian it will often take me some time to realise someone has a New Zealander accent. Plus a lot of New Zealanders spend time in Australia so there might be a bit of accent exchange going on. But I'd definitely bet on her being from NZ.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I don't know regions but I'd instantly peg that as something New Zealand based, not Australian

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it sounds much more nz than aus to my australian ears

australia doesn't have much in the way of regional accents either fwiw, only south australia has much in the way of noticeable differences and even then it's fairly minor.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Thanks for your input, everyone. I suspected it was NZ but I wanted to be certain!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I'm pretty sure that she briefly alluded to being from New Zealand in one of her videos because I remember wondering the same thing and thinking, "Oh. Well now I know".

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Sarcopenia posted:

I'm pretty sure that she briefly alluded to being from New Zealand in one of her videos because I remember wondering the same thing and thinking, "Oh. Well now I know".

Yeah I also seem to recall her mentioning it at some point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lih posted:

it sounds much more nz than aus to my australian ears

australia doesn't have much in the way of regional accents either fwiw, only south australia has much in the way of noticeable differences and even then it's fairly minor.

You can actually tell from her accent she's a Kiwi; Listen for the "f'sh-'n'-ch'ps" syllables and you'll pick it out.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

DoctorWhat posted:

Wait what's her face was an informant as well as a sexual predator?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hahahah Christ.

Arrow'd

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

You are, forum's user cuntellectual

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Well this is interesting: Some people may have heard of Cat Graffam, since her NFT video kind of exploded around last year and has been mostly a reoccuring figure on talking on the relationships between art displaying services and artists. I wasn't aware that she's now doing Gameboy Gamedev as well:

https://twitter.com/catgraffam/status/1478387453308329987

How about some content? Well recently Wendigoon, someone that usually takes a look at more conspiratorial or religious items, finished the Conspiracy IceBerg this christmas, with the intent of making a several hour behemoth where its all of his videos about it stuck in a big one. If you'd like a mixture of how Solar Sands approaches some subjects but want it on a more aloof version that isn't just stuck to one kind of subject, it's a good way to spend a few hours going "... huh, that's where it's from? wow."

Trey The Explainer also did a similar with The Archaeology IceBerg, and it's a neat one hour primer on the past, present and future on how such a field developed. Conspiracy stuff is also discussed on his channel, but while Wendigoon is more of a "What is this, let me just tell you about this crazy sounding thing I heard", this dinosaur fella just goes into let's say, Why are Reptilians even a Thing.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

I AM GRANDO posted:

On one hand yes, on the other the rise of Abstract Expressionism was assisted with support by the CIA as a middle finger to the Soviet art rigidity and to export the US' cultural freedom:

https://daily.jstor.org/was-modern-art-really-a-cia-psy-op/
https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20161004-was-modern-art-a-weapon-of-the-cia

That being said, I'd love to hear the logic of why the CIA would be funding a bunch of left-leaning Youtubers who support BLM and anti-nationalist/leftist causes over the Shapiroverse. The aforementioned funding was very much targeted at the non-leftist liberal artists. Funding the right-wingers who think freedom includes a right to go to Walmart without a mask would be much more in step with that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

stillvisions posted:

On one hand yes, on the other the rise of Abstract Expressionism was assisted with support by the CIA as a middle finger to the Soviet art rigidity and to export the US' cultural freedom:

Oh boy it’s this poo poo again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Did you know that Show Don't Tell is

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

RareAcumen posted:

Finally. I've been telling people for the last 23 years that Jenny Nicholson does not exist. She was a shadow puppet in the 70's an animatronic in the 90's and now they've started using Deep Blue to make a hologram to review movies. WAKE UP.

it turns out Jenny was Buzzy this whole time

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

stillvisions posted:

That being said, I'd love to hear the logic of why the CIA would be funding a bunch of left-leaning Youtubers who support BLM and anti-nationalist/leftist causes over the Shapiroverse. The aforementioned funding was very much targeted at the non-leftist liberal artists. Funding the right-wingers who think freedom includes a right to go to Walmart without a mask would be much more in step with that.

The original tweet that goes after Philosophy Tube speculates that it's to spread decadent bourgeois values and capture potentially revolutionary energy to redirect toward complacent video-watching and posting. I'll give you three guesses why that poster thinks that Philosophy Tube is "decadent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Some very big sour grapes energy from the whole comparison: "Oh, PhilosophyTube is only successful because she's a secret CIA plant with government funding!"

...Y'know what, I'm turned around on this whole idea: I'm going to start accusing everyone who's more successful than me of being a CIA psyop from now on.