Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SpiderLink posted:

This Record of Lodoss wonder labyrinth game is fantastic, I'm having a blast with it. I love a good Metroidvania and these mechanics work really well in cutting down on some of the tedium those games can engender.

Yup it’s super fun, glad I gave it a shot

Tho honestly I still haven’t beaten the final boss yet and I’m not sure I will, because it seems like it’s going to take a million tries and I don’t actually care about the story. Still liked the rest of it

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

AndrewP posted:

Yup it’s super fun, glad I gave it a shot

Tho honestly I still haven’t beaten the final boss yet and I’m not sure I will, because it seems like it’s going to take a million tries and I don’t actually care about the story. Still liked the rest of it

Without knowing your level, weapons, or if you found various secrets, I was able to beat it while relying heavily on the will o wisp spell to just constantly pelt the eyeball and recharge the two colors for healing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

This was in a firmware update a whole ago. Read your patch notes!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zachack posted:

Without knowing your level, weapons, or if you found various secrets, I was able to beat it while relying heavily on the will o wisp spell to just constantly pelt the eyeball and recharge the two colors for healing.

Phase 1 you need a different spell because its the only thing immune to will o wisp. Luckily its pretty short and extremely pattern heavy phase.

Phase 2 is as above, spam will o wisp and be fine

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Barudak posted:

Phase 1 you need a different spell because its the only thing immune to will o wisp. Luckily its pretty short and extremely pattern heavy phase.

Phase 2 is as above, spam will o wisp and be fine

Unless I'm completely misremembering the phases I recall using wisps in the first phase, but it not mattering much because most of my damage was from unloading on the "priest form" as it stood there animating and then hovering over the lasers. But I could have been using rocks, those two were my main spells.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the tips.

Is Ender Lilies really that good? I feel like I know nothing about it but looked it up and it got rave reviews.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zachack posted:

Unless I'm completely misremembering the phases I recall using wisps in the first phase, but it not mattering much because most of my damage was from unloading on the "priest form" as it stood there animating and then hovering over the lasers. But I could have been using rocks, those two were my main spells.

The giant sword weapon type can also hit the second phase if you stand directly under it, so just barf out spells and mash attack and alternate to whichever magic type is at level 3 and you've won.

Though apparently the 100% cheevo requires you to do that fight without taking damage and lol gently caress that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The giant sword weapon type can also hit the second phase if you stand directly under it, so just barf out spells and mash attack and alternate to whichever magic type is at level 3 and you've won.

Though apparently the 100% cheevo requires you to do that fight without taking damage and lol gently caress that

Just the first phase, which if you can make it to the priest phase isn't impossible. Im not doing it, mind you, because gently caress that, but its less insane than both phases

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Thanks for the tips.

Is Ender Lilies really that good? I feel like I know nothing about it but looked it up and it got rave reviews.

It’s good. It doesn’t really do anything new but the art is excellent and it’s a good length while trying mostly successfully to do a dark souls type story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never got around to playing the first Ori but I'm a few hours into The Will of The Wisps and it's mostly fantastic, but jesus it's easy to lose track of what's going on on the screen, which can make the otherwise great combat sort of frustrating. Also I don't like the map. Otherwise very cool game though.

One thing I am wondering about. I noticed the way customization works as well as some abilities are drat near identical to Hollow Knight. Does that stuff date back to the first Ori and HK lifted it from that, or did Ori 2 lift it from HK?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Next Batch Of Gamepassery

COMING:
TODAY: Gorogoa (Cloud, Console, and PC), Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC), The Pedestrian (Cloud, Console, and PC)
January 6: Embr (Cloud, Console, and PC), Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC via EA Play), Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console, and PC)
January 13: Spelunky 2 (Console and PC), The Anacrusis (Early Access) (Console and PC)

GOING:
Leaving January 10 Because It's Going F2P Two Days Later:
PUBG: Battlegrounds

Leaving January 15:
Desperados III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Ghost of a Tale (PC)
Kingdom Hearts III (Console)
Mount & Blade: Warband (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pandemic (Console and PC)
Yiik: A Postmodern RPG (PC)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Hell yeah, Mass Effect remastered trilogy on Thursday.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Oh neat, I missed outer wilds when it was on gamepass before.

FlowerOfInfinity
May 10, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m on the OG Xbox background and the only thing that would get me to change is if they did an Xbox 360 blades background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RacheDBWmTU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

COMING:
TODAY: Gorogoa (Cloud, Console, and PC), Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC), The Pedestrian (Cloud, Console, and PC)
January 6: Embr (Cloud, Console, and PC), Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC via EA Play), Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console, and PC)
January 13: Spelunky 2 (Console and PC), The Anacrusis (Early Access) (Console and PC)

gently caress yes

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Goroga is cool, easy recommend if you like short, artsy games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In deep on Olija already. Its serviceable and atmospheric

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

The Kins posted:

COMING:

Nice, had my eye on a few of these, and maybe I'll pick up the Outer Wilds DLC next time it's on sale so I don't have to buy the whole pack.

Speaking of sales, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are both 75% off right now. Go get them!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sickening there's no next gen/fps boost patch for Outer Wilds

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I just bought the Outerwilds last night. Why you do me like this Xbox

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Almost done with Olija

Its, uh, man theres not enough here to even say much about. Its a 4-6 hour game but like it purposefully doesn't give you enough to hold onto so like its the perfect game if you wanted a game that is like but puts in none of the effort to be a 2d action platformer metroidvania with spooky doomed world story telling.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Kins posted:

COMING:

GOING:
Leaving January 10 Because It's Going F2P Two Days Later:
PUBG: Battlegrounds

Leaving January 15:
Ghost of a Tale (PC)
Kingdom Hearts III (Console)
Mount & Blade: Warband (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pandemic (Console and PC)
Yiik: A Postmodern RPG (PC)

Some trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4O8mbJXneY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rhsp0JIs9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzHwweCn_8

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Anybody here try Lost in Random? I bought it on a whim and don't think I'm loving it. I'm probably 2 hours in, so admittedly early, but I can't get the flow of dodging and cards. The graphics are cool, but I'm not jiving with the story.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Crafty posted:

I just bought the Outerwilds last night. Why you do me like this Xbox

Might not be too late to refund it. I think there's a window of time from when you bought it and how much you played it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

SUNKOS posted:

Alien Isolation collection with all the DLC is on sale right now and is super cheap. The base game has gone on sale plenty of times but I can't remember the last time the entire collection was available this cheap.

Also, the game has FPS Boost to 60fps on both Series S and Series X :D

I'm really tempted to buy this but:
- I own it on PC already via Steam
- It's on Game Pass

Reason I'm even considering is that it's one of my all time favourites, I gave my dad my GPU (graphics card, not Game Pass Ultimate) and now just have a non-gaming GPU in my desktop now.

I'm unlikely to get into PC gaming again (especially anytime soon) since the Series X is better than anything I could build these days. Console gaming is where I'm at in my life now. Is it likely to be perpetually on Game Pass or to leave in a few months?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 4, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm having a couple of issues with my Series S. One, I can't seem to download games onto it from the Game Pass app. Also I tried to play some MK 11 which is saved on an attached disk drive and it wants to updated it and doesn't seem to let me play it in it's unenhanced version. Is their anyway to play it off the disk drive without the upgrade? I don't have much room on the internal SSD.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

tensai posted:

Anybody here try Lost in Random? I bought it on a whim and don't think I'm loving it. I'm probably 2 hours in, so admittedly early, but I can't get the flow of dodging and cards. The graphics are cool, but I'm not jiving with the story.

If you don't dig the combat, it's not going to change much. Even when your dice has more pips and you've got a wider array of cards to choose from.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I'm having a couple of issues with my Series S. One, I can't seem to download games onto it from the Game Pass app. Also I tried to play some MK 11 which is saved on an attached disk drive and it wants to updated it and doesn't seem to let me play it in it's unenhanced version. Is their anyway to play it off the disk drive without the upgrade? I don't have much room on the internal SSD.

Is your internal drive full? I would probably make sure your external drive is the default install location.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Thanks for the tips.

Its p good yeah. I beat it.
Im like 2 hrs into Deedlit now and its better than ender lillies imo. Tho ender lillies had way harder bosses

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

kri kri posted:

Is your internal drive full? I would probably make sure your external drive is the default install location.

Don't the series S enhancements have to be on the SSD?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The Kins posted:

Leaving January 15:

100% don’t skip on Desperados III if you haven’t played it. It’s a real-time stealth tactics game set in the old west, and it’s really charming, challenging, and well done.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Outer Wilds is on PC this time around so you can play it at over 720p and 30fps if you have a PC. I tried it on my Series S but it looked like dirt and ran like poo poo so I didn't get very far.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Outer Wilds is on PC this time around so you can play it at over 720p and 30fps if you have a PC. I tried it on my Series S but it looked like dirt and ran like poo poo so I didn't get very far.

Yeah I could never get past the 30 fps on console. Anything that requires moving in 360 degrees in first person @30fps like it and Prey just makes my head hurt. Once Prey got FPS boost it was fine for me.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Don't the series S enhancements have to be on the SSD?

Yes, but If the drive is getting full just default to external and then move to internal the Game you are playing.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

webmeister posted:

100% don’t skip on Desperados III if you haven’t played it. It’s a real-time stealth tactics game set in the old west, and it’s really charming, challenging, and well done.

Seconding, it owns.

It’s also the same type of game as Shadow Tactics (same devs). I didn’t realize that until seeing Desperados 3 on gamepass despite loving ST.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
When Mass Effect drops: 4k60 or 1440p120?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SpiderLink posted:

Might not be too late to refund it. I think there's a window of time from when you bought it and how much you played it.

Good point, I haven’t actually booted it up since I bought it - but I did play it last time it was on gamepass. I’ve applied for the refund so we’ll see!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SpiderLink posted:

When Mass Effect drops: 4k60 or 1440p120?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/1478555397615235079