Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The Protagonist posted:

who the gently caress would she talk to anyway?

Buy her an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i mean it's only :10bux: for a username change to MaxwellHill

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

The Protagonist posted:

who the gently caress would she talk to anyway?

Her one friend in the world, the only person she ever knew, Jeffrey Epstein, is dead.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there is probably a suzy jail that she can be friends with shrotly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BKWelles/status/1478014053318598656

Kevin Spacey was in the BALKANS??? :thunk:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

Suicide, watch.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

apparently he's supposed to play the late president tuđman in a movie

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/03/us-intelligence-errors-helped-build-myth-of-nazi-alpine-redoubt-says-historian

quote:

A US spymaster inadvertently helped the Nazis develop one of the most effective disinformation campaigns of the second world war by spreading rumours about Hitler’s plans for a Where Eagles Dare-style Alpine redoubt, a historian with access to classified US military records has found.

The myth that the Nazis were amassing weapons and crack units of 100,000 fanatical soldiers in the spring of 1945 for a last stand in the Austro-Bavarian Alps was without any basis in fact but had a powerful hold on the imagination of American and British military leaders, who feared it could prolong the war for years.

Thomas Boghardt, a German historian at the US Army Center of Military History in Washington DC, argues in a new book that the myth of an Alpine Nazi fortress was not a crucial factor behind American forces abandoning the race to Berlin in favour of a southward push but was one that US spycraft had a hand in making.

The Nazi leadership first got wind of allied fears of a mountaintop last stand in 1944, after the SS’s intelligence service intercepted a cable sent from the US embassy in Berne, Switzerland. As Boghardt shows in Covert Legions: US Army Intelligence in Germany 1944-1949, the message had most likely been sent by Allen Dulles, later the head of the CIA during the Bay of Pigs invasion fiasco but at the time the Berne station chief for the Office of Strategic Services (OSS).

British intelligence had discovered that the special cipher used to secure Dulles’s communications had been compromised, but the American spymaster continued to ignore their warnings, driving one irate British agent to despair.

“[C]ould you report to the fool [Dulles] who knows his code was compromised if he has used that code to report meetings with anyone, Germans probably identified persons concerned and use them for stuffing [disinformation]”, the agent vented to his station chief. “He swallows easily.”

As the British had feared, Goebbels’s propaganda ministry would spend the following months building up the myth of a German defence effort in Austria and Bavaria via disinformation and media reports, hoping a sidetracked US military leadership could be drawn into separate peace talks or even an alliance against the Soviets.

“Dulles was a very capable case officer who excelled at working with human sources, but when it came to signals intelligence he was indeed highly negligent,” Boghardt told the Guardian.

As Covert Legions shows, allied forces were extremely susceptible to disinformation campaigns in the final stages of the war, with Field Marshal Montgomery arrested at one point as an impostor by American guards following a rumour that the Germans were planning to impersonate the British commander.

After the end of the war, Nazis setting themselves up on snowy mountaintops became a staple of swashbuckling war movies, such as 1968’s Where Eagles Dare, starring Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.

However, while some allied intelligence reports explicitly cited the Alpine redoubt theory as an argument for an allied push into southern Germany in 1945, Boghardt rejects the idea that it played a crucial part in shaping the second world war endgame and setting the ground for cold war tensions with the Soviet Union, as Winston Churchill later claimed.

The US decision not to back a British plan for a “pencil-like thrust” to Berlin likely owed more to the fact that the Red Army was already within 20 miles of the German capital while Anglo-American forces were still 300 miles away, he said, and a deal to divide up the city had already been agreed.

“My impression is that the US command ultimately didn’t really believe in the Alpine redoubt myth, but may have kept it alive to persuade the British of their overriding strategy.”

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
isnt that the plot to wolfenstein?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

former Yugoslavia and the Balkans are a huge destination for the cabal, Nadia Marcinko was recruited out of the Balkans, spacey hangs out in Serbia/Croatia

personally I think Jeff is probably either in Israel or Serbia

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol yes I'm sure it was an "error" or "negligence" on the part of Allen loving Dulles

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre’s legal deal with Jeffrey Epstein released

The unsealed settlement states that upon receipt of the stipulated sum, Giuffre, referred to under her maiden name, agrees to “remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge the said second parties and any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant … from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including state or federal, cause and causes of action”.

Andrew is not mentioned. Nor is the lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who Giuffre has accused of sexual misconduct facilitated by Epstein, which he has repeatedly denied.

In a court filing on 29 October, Andrew’s attorneys said: “Giuffre settled her sex-trafficking and sexual-abuse claims against Epstein in 2009. In doing so, she provided Epstein with a general release of all claims against him and numerous other individuals and entities.

“To avoid being dragged into future legal disputes, Epstein negotiated for this broad release, insisting that it cover any and all persons who Giuffre identified as potential targets of future lawsuits, regardless of the merit – or lack thereof – to any such claims.”

The attorneys also said: “Because Prince Andrew is a senior member of the British royal family, he falls into one of the expressly identified categories of persons, ie, royalty, released from liability under the release agreement, along with politicians, academicians, businessmen and others allegedly associated with Epstein.

l

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

anyone have anything relating to the 2020 Nashville bombing that will help me crack ping?

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

mdemone posted:

lol yes I'm sure it was an "error" or "negligence" on the part of Allen loving Dulles

:crackping:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre’s legal deal with Jeffrey Epstein released

The unsealed settlement states that upon receipt of the stipulated sum, Giuffre, referred to under her maiden name, agrees to “remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge the said second parties and any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant … from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including state or federal, cause and causes of action”.

Andrew is not mentioned. Nor is the lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who Giuffre has accused of sexual misconduct facilitated by Epstein, which he has repeatedly denied.

In a court filing on 29 October, Andrew’s attorneys said: “Giuffre settled her sex-trafficking and sexual-abuse claims against Epstein in 2009. In doing so, she provided Epstein with a general release of all claims against him and numerous other individuals and entities.

“To avoid being dragged into future legal disputes, Epstein negotiated for this broad release, insisting that it cover any and all persons who Giuffre identified as potential targets of future lawsuits, regardless of the merit – or lack thereof – to any such claims.”

The attorneys also said: “Because Prince Andrew is a senior member of the British royal family, he falls into one of the expressly identified categories of persons, ie, royalty, released from liability under the release agreement, along with politicians, academicians, businessmen and others allegedly associated with Epstein.

l

just a big stack of blank IOUs

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, Epstein can sue her for breach of contract aaaanytime he wants. As can anyone else she accused. "No, see, the late Mr. Epstein took provisions so that I can not be prosecuted for the horrible things I have done. She must not accuse me!"

I'm gonna be so naive and assume the criminal justice system doesn't give a poo poo about an agreement like this?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jel Shaker posted:

l

Some light reading for y'all

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Well, it certainly wouldn't if you or I did it. In this case, I'm not so sure.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh y'all might like this too!

https://www.spookyconnections.com/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1478322876893831174

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

what a shock :monocle:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

I honestly liked part 2

Same, I liked seeing how the whole Investigative Journalism thing is actually supposed to work. Find an inconsistency, research, follow up on new leads, go back and interview old leads with new info, repeat. If you're expecting the story to lead up to a single, big conclusion, I could see it being a little scattered. But I think it's probably the best way to present the story he had which is not "here is what REALLY happened that night" but "here is all the proof that what REALLY happened that night was covered up".

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

it goes like this
the crack, the ping
minors found in a major sting
deep state actors protecting
pedophilia

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Sex Trafficking is Over

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ughhhh posted:

anyone have anything relating to the 2020 Nashville bombing that will help me crack ping?
This guy claimed it was a missile strike, but he's also a Qanon guy https://www.youtube.com/c/SergioRodriquez/

There's really nothing much to it. He was a conspiracy theorist (reptilians, ran around the local park at night searching for aliens, etc.) and may have gone for the equipment building because of 5G conspiracy theories. He was depressed and exhibited behaviors like giving away possessions including his house that are not uncommon in suicidal individuals in the couple of weeks before the bombing, and he was the only one killed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mcbexx posted:

Well, Epstein can sue her for breach of contract aaaanytime he wants. As can anyone else she accused. "No, see, the late Mr. Epstein took provisions so that I can not be prosecuted for the horrible things I have done. She must not accuse me!"

I'm gonna be so naive and assume the criminal justice system doesn't give a poo poo about an agreement like this?

I mean, it's a civil settlement, so the sum total of the Epstein estate's remedies consists of "demand she pay the money back". I'm also not entirely sure what happens re the settlement if she gets subpoenaed.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ughhhh posted:

I agree with that tweet where it's like, a guy broadcasting "I am about to blow myself up. Please stand clear and get as far away from the explosion as possible. I do not want to hurt anyone" and the reaction is "omg why arent they calling this terrorism???"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mcbexx posted:

The Cadaver Synod but for different pedophiles

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/natienoizy/status/1478370543480958977?s=20

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

life force with sir patrick stewart is a good movie. not happy to see them take things in this direction

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i really, really wanna see this

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

one of the US Army's first space intelligence officers. lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

just snagged a copy. will post a review when I finish it someday

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Spergin Morlock posted:

just snagged a copy. will post a review when I finish it someday

I intend to do the same thing with his MindWars book.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Does anyone have an easy-to-understand source for the fact that Stockholm Syndrome is utter bullshit?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Marzzle posted:

life force is a good movie.

horny is prohibited

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheGoonspiracist posted:

I intend to do the same thing with his MindWars book.

MindWars sounds like a romanticized name the the trump era

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GWBBQ posted:

Does anyone have an easy-to-understand source for the fact that Stockholm Syndrome is utter bullshit?

taken from "See What You Made Me Do: Power, Control, and Domestic Abuse", by Jess Hill

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

always assumed it was just made up to explain Patty Hearsts conversion. if it was an actual thing that worked most of the time itd have been exploited ruthlessly by whoever had the means and methods to just create an army of people voting against themselves....wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

gradenko_2000 posted:

taken from "See What You Made Me Do: Power, Control, and Domestic Abuse", by Jess Hill

I was looking for something like this today, thank you!