Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Democrat destruction is imminent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

DarkEuphoria posted:

i yearn to laugh at their demise and don’t think I can wait for The Most Important Election In The History Of Our Country to happen in November. can we not move this poo poo along? chop chop

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

i yearn to laugh at their demise and don’t think I can wait for The Most Last Important Election In The History Of Our Country to happen in November. can we not move this poo poo along? chop chop

Griz
May 21, 2001

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

i yearn to laugh at their demise and don’t think I can wait for The Most Important Election In The History Of Our Country to happen in November. can we not move this poo poo along? chop chop

they've actually already started on that poo poo

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1477729324530909186

meanwhile the democrats continue to do nothing about voting rights

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
gently caress i cant believe i had to read that again that tweet makes me so angry

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Griz posted:

lmfao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Love hate with peace, beat violence with votes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"We have to outvote the violence" - Athens, c. 480 BC

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

petit choux posted:

well the market will only support a limited number of career politicians and all these pols have baby pols to support and lots of young pols to put through the most expensive universities in the country, this is what happens after a few generations. It's like with fruit flies.

There should be something like 20,000 US representatives, btw. Having fewer is an intentional design decision to maintain the limitation of it being an upper class job.

That won't fix everything wrong with this country, but the "limited career pols" was very purposeful.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ikanreed posted:

There should be something like 20,000 US representatives, btw. Having fewer is an intentional design decision to maintain the limitation of it being an upper class job.

That won't fix everything wrong with this country, but the "limited career pols" was very purposeful.

lol this actually owns. do you have any papers expanding on this proposal and the electoral machinery behind it?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

ex post facho posted:

"We have to outvote the violence" - Athens, c. 480 BC

:golfclap:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Smythe posted:

lol this actually owns. do you have any papers expanding on this proposal and the electoral machinery behind it?

red/libertarian alliance to ratify the first proposed amendment from the Bill of Rights which would ensure no representative’s district contains more than 50,000 people

already ratified by 11 states lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eSports Chaebol posted:

red/libertarian alliance to ratify the first proposed amendment from the Bill of Rights which would ensure no representative’s district contains more than 50,000 people

already ratified by 11 states lol

lol so it appears. drat that would have owned. fuckers

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ikanreed posted:

Even within the confines of representative democracy as it's implemented across the world, the US is only sitting at around 2/3 of the representatives it would be expected to have, one of four outliers in terms of very low level of representation. (The others being Israel, New Zealand and the Netherlands)

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

in a 100 years they'll still be going "this is the last election, for real this time"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Jeep posted:

in a 100 years they'll still be going "this is the last election, for real this time"

"We have to outvote the flood and pestilence!"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Griz posted:

they're going to yell at california and new york leftists to vote. that's their whole plan.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DarkEuphoria posted:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

spacemang_spliff posted:

they're going to yell at california and new york leftists to vote. that's their whole plan.

i'm excited to see what garbage the democrats put up in missouri, a state which they have almost certainly actually abandoned any hope for, so they can suck up the maximum amount of donations from idiots

i'm sad that that money will go to nowhere, since the democrats will get destroyed this year and thus the money will have nowhere to go

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zvahl posted:

i'm excited to see what garbage the democrats put up in missouri, a state which they have almost certainly actually abandoned any hope for, so they can suck up the maximum amount of donations from idiots

i'm sad that that money will go to nowhere, since the democrats will get destroyed this year and thus the money will have nowhere to go

Oh trust me they have a place in mind for it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1478198223277899780?t=I9jyxkEfs9Yys9KKhx25Jg&s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zvahl posted:

I remember when democrats actually existed in MO and were actually competitive. even outside of KC/STL

they just totally abandoned the state! and like central missouri has got some really poor areas that if like they offered any solutions for the rural poor or working class they would actually win again

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

spacemang_spliff posted:

I remember when democrats actually existed in MO and were actually competitive. even outside of KC/STL

they just totally abandoned the state! and like central missouri has got some really poor areas that if like they offered any solutions for the rural poor or working class they would actually win again

oh, be fair, they exist

we have claire mccaskill and her democrats are too liberal cnn job

and we have cori bush, who is a useful idiot so people can yass queen at someone who will happily coast by getting nothing done

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Griz posted:

Lol they can't even manage to say "vote for us"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Griz posted:

the ballot versus the bullet

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

If it’s Hillary, Kamala, or Pete I vote Trump.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trump 2 will be a better four years than a kamala or pete presidency

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
trump froze student loans and sent multiple checks. joe biden has done nothing - he's the accelerationist candidate

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Minecraft Holmes posted:

lmao that even The West Wing realized this was stupid, in Season 4 Will's character is introduced as being a smart politics guy by taking a campaign volunteer's sign that says "Go vote!" and saying something like "While I admire your enthusiasm, it should really say 'Vote for Wilde' because people need to know which name to pick"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Minecraft Holmes posted:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Telling people to vote for you is cheating of course

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Doctor Jeep posted:

The most important election of all time will happen just before Iran has finished developing a nuclear bomb

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
even if it’s true, what are the democrats offering if they win? vote for the democrats so you can keep voting for the democrats? they don’t actually do anything!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

even if it’s true, what are the democrats offering if they win? vote for the democrats so you can keep voting for the democrats? they don’t actually do anything!

the justification for voting for Dems has become wholly negative - you have to vote for them to keep the other party out of office*. there is no positive, they will do nothing for you or anyone you know. isn't that enough? no? well that makes you a fascist!

*but we also need a strong Republican party, so don't vote for Dems too much

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Republicans are going to get destroyed in 2022

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

nice

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hello

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh hey there's 75 pages to this thread? And it isn't just an endless reply of "yes"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Doctor Jeep posted:

I admire your optimism