Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ShaneDaBassMan posted:

Weed is pretty cool. It's like rush albums you can inhale.

If we need a new thread title this is probably it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

sigher posted:

For that Dynavape, how does that work? I've never seen something like that but it looks like you still apply fire to it? Yet it doesn't burn the weed? I'm confused.

I explained it like this in the TCC vape thread awhile ago.

Sedgr posted:

The cap is really just a guide letting you know you've applied a heat pulse to the cap equal to the temp that causes the bimetal disc to click which is a temp lower than the weed combustion point.

A series of pulses gets the bowl to vaporizing temperature.

The technique ends up being pretty much a personal thing because over time you'll adjust the time you heat, the number of pulses, and the placement and distance of the torch flame to get the hit you want without combusting.

Then you learn to ride that edge till you either fully extract the bowl or accidentally combust. Eventually you nail your personal technique and then its just right.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bagmonkey posted:

If we need a new thread title this is probably it

Not everyone is a rush fan. Thankfully my tinnitus drowns out Geddy's voice.

I'll take a band of losers from my own generation first, like Wheatus.

E: nasally lyrics incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9iFRhQXd4M

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 4, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Not everyone is a rush fan. Thankfully my tinnitus drowns out Geddy's voice.

I would say you haven't smoked enough weed but if there's anyone in this thread who's smoked enough weed, it's CRUSTY MINGE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At this point weed is like ibuprofen for me. poo poo's always in my blood stream.

I can't really explain why I don't like Rush. Maybe it's the boomer affiliation, maybe the libertarianism, or it could just be my bad millennial taste in music, but I've never been a fan.

Most of the time I'm listening to easy going poo poo anyhow. Lots of Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor, Zephaniah Ohora, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell, Drive-by Truckers, with the goal of keeping my brain from snapping like a dry twig in september.

I do love wheatus though.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm usually more into skatepunk but recently I got high as balls and sat and listened to the album Dust to Dust by Heavenly. It's an orchestral power metal concept album about a dude getting turned into a vampire or something and travelling to kill his master and free himself from the curse.

And let me tell you, I had a great time.

What I'm saying is, weed can make even power metal enjoyable

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I played music as a kid, until about 6th grade. I drug an alto sax around from 1st grade and dabbled with other stuff around the house (harmonica, coronet, a rare piano at someone else's house). Rough times came around and my interest tanked. Now I own an 88 key keyboard and can't remember how to read sheet music to save my life. But I still love the sound of an orchestra, so much that most music lacking any variety in instrumentation (basic guitar, bass, drums) is just utterly loving boring.

That leads down some interesting roads, I'll listen to Days N Daze and turn around to listen to Junior Brown's 80s country. The spanish radio station always has something brassy playing that I can't understand all the lyrics, but I can follow the tune and sometimes that's more important to me. Anything with a full orchestra behind it has the potential to feel like a long hug to my soul. Especially something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQLjo3Jg4g

Honestly, don't mind Rush, they've been influential to what "rock" I still listen to, but they're just not my taste. Watching everyone trip over themselves to praise them doesn't help my opinion either, though.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMbKZPBruU

ShaneDaBassMan
Apr 8, 2011

Code Jockey posted:

I don't have a fury edge but if Arizer is still running their extreme q and solo deal DO THIS

I used to have an Extreme Q before I moved to AZ. It's a game changer. I ran a studio back home and even the highest tolerance rappers/rockers could be put to sleep after a few bags. It's a much cleaner high. The best part about vaporizing cannabis is that all the THC is decarbed/activated so you can cook with it. I would make a baked potato, crush a few spoon fulls of vaped cannabis into a powder and cook it into the butter/sour cream so it would bind to the fat to aid absorption.

One of those made me lose my car after I went to an NBA game. Dangerously unregulated but dangerously fun.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Richard Cheese lounge cover of "The Trees" is all I ever need to get back into Rush.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IV2-05E3e0

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I've been off my bicycle for two months (crashed it big time before moving) and I took my first ride tonight. In other recent news, I started vaping weed when I moved.

I cannot begin to explain how awful the gunk is that I'm coughing up. I almost vomited bc I was so out of breath.

How can I vape weed and not get the nasty gunk funk? Is it edibles only for ol' Spaghett? I'm willing to do whatever bc I love both of these things, but I love bikes more. It could also just be 2 months of accumulated rear end lard expectorating from my throat.

For reference, I've been smoking cheap disposable pens. I'm a baby light weight who can't do more than 2.5mg hits without taking off to space. The lower THC pens have been fun, too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sedgr posted:

I explained it like this in the TCC vape thread awhile ago.

This sounds like it takes a bit of finesse and I was barely able to spell that word, lol. I'm also big on tech so the Fury Edge is looking mad tempting; more questions ahoy. What do the different mouthpieces do? I see it comes with a glass one but there's other add ons but I don't understand the different shapes and their purpose. Lastly, what's like... the crème de la crème of electronic convection vapes money be damned?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
this appears to still be a thing?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Spaghett posted:

I've been off my bicycle for two months (crashed it big time before moving) and I took my first ride tonight. In other recent news, I started vaping weed when I moved.

I cannot begin to explain how awful the gunk is that I'm coughing up. I almost vomited bc I was so out of breath.

How can I vape weed and not get the nasty gunk funk? Is it edibles only for ol' Spaghett? I'm willing to do whatever bc I love both of these things, but I love bikes more. It could also just be 2 months of accumulated rear end lard expectorating from my throat.

For reference, I've been smoking cheap disposable pens. I'm a baby light weight who can't do more than 2.5mg hits without taking off to space. The lower THC pens have been fun, too.

From my experience, any type of inhalation is gonna result in lung gunk. It's just the nature of the game. Depending on where you live, they may have newer "fast acting" edibles that definitely feel closer to smoking than normal edibles. Select has them in MI, unsure if they have them elsewhere or if any other brands make them. It uses water soluble THC which gets to your liver for processing quicker iirc. poo poo works!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am smoking a "Kush Mints" V-Fire cart from Claw and it tastes weird. It's got the kush terps, but also the mint terps. It's a weird combo.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Code Jockey posted:

this appears to still be a thing?

hello i have more money than brains and am about to buy this but before i do that it looks like i can use this like a silver surfer or volcano?

bagmonkey posted:

From my experience, any type of inhalation is gonna result in lung gunk. It's just the nature of the game.
i've been using weed for about a decade now, joints, blunts, carts, concentrates and haven't ever had that issue. even after abusing my lungs at my buddy's dispensary for entire evenings

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I feel like I’m always hacking up poo poo but my allergies have been horrible this last month or so.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lung butter is more an issue for me when the humidity is up. Same for clogging sinuses. Or if I go from a low humidity area to a high humidity area.

But I also smoke cigarettes, so I'm on the COPD path anyhow.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

butt dickus posted:

i've been using weed for about a decade now, joints, blunts, carts, concentrates and haven't ever had that issue. even after abusing my lungs at my buddy's dispensary for entire evenings

I'm an ex smoker, smoked for almost a decade, and have family history with lung issues. Also allergies on top of that too, it's a blast! But I feel like not coughing something up is more rare than coughing up something

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My Pandemic Motto:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Rode my ebike while buzzed, poo poo felt good.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I'm an ex smoker, smoked for almost a decade, and have family history with lung issues. Also allergies on top of that too, it's a blast! But I feel like not coughing something up is more rare than coughing up something
i grew up with asthma and allergies, had to get weekly shots and an array of pills and sprays. i never smoked because of that, but my friend got me started on weed a decade ago and i haven't had any issues, so maybe all the steroids gave me super lungs

also i just ordered the arizer because i don't have enough ways to get thc into my body

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

sigher posted:

This sounds like it takes a bit of finesse and I was barely able to spell that word, lol. I'm also big on tech so the Fury Edge is looking mad tempting; more questions ahoy. What do the different mouthpieces do? I see it comes with a glass one but there's other add ons but I don't understand the different shapes and their purpose. Lastly, what's like... the crème de la crème of electronic convection vapes money be damned?

Dynavap is not that bad, people generally pick it up within a few attempts. But it does take a bit of effort. The Edge/Rogue is dead simple.

Comes with the basic plastic mouthpiece and the accessory adapter with the basic glass mouthpiece. Bent mouthpiece, mini bubbler, and water pipe adapter all use the accessory adapter you just pull one glass piece out and swap in another. They are bought either seperately or there is often a deal where you get one of them for free. The water pipe adapter is stepped so it fits a few glass joint sizes.

Generally speaking people recommend the WPA so you can use it with a bong/bubbler/whatever and also picking up the dosing capsules. The caps keep the bowl nice and clean and can be convenient.

Best of the best is hard to say, depends a bit on preference. Mighty+ or a Volcano maybe.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sigher posted:

IMO the dynavap is in a class of its own over all battery vapes. They are all sippy cups to its shot glass. If big punchy bong type rips are something you'll miss giving up combustion, the dynavap will fill that hole in your life for just $50 upgrades and accessories not included

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 5, 2022

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The dynavap is amazing especially paired with an induction heater, but depending on how you go that can be pretty pricey.

I have just used a Bic and a dynavap in the past, it sucks but it does work. So it's versatile at least.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

butt dickus posted:

hello i have more money than brains and am about to buy this but before i do that it looks like i can use this like a silver surfer or volcano?

Basically yeah - it can be used either as a whip vape or as a bag vape, or you can put the bag fan on a low speed and put the whip in your mouth and remove thought from the inhaling process

Edit: the Solo it comes with also comes with a charging stand, that's awesome

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DoombatINC posted:

Basically yeah - it can be used either as a whip vape or as a bag vape, or you can put the bag fan on a low speed and put the whip in your mouth and remove thought from the inhaling process

Edit: the Solo it comes with also comes with a charging stand, that's awesome

The two arizers in that deal are literally the best devices I've ever used

Like last night I was running a packed elbow plus bowl of gelatti 91 in the extreme q and I was nursing that whip for a loooong time

and it was good

also I sprinkled some little bits of Sweet Tea sugar into the chamber and it tasted amazing and worked great

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
or be like me and rig up both arizers to the bong why not

Not shown: hooking the dynavap into the carb hole (that 14mm female connection that's poking up near the middle) and hitting three devices at once, I strongly recommend it lmao

e. and that's a stupid amount of hose but this was very much a lat night cobbled together highdea I'll clean it up later

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Man of course my buddy asks me to pick him up an ounce of weed as soon as it's the new year and I also gotta stock up.

Buddy that's half of my daily purchase limit now! Get your own drat med card! :argh:

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Guys, I just found that chocolate bar I was looking for. :toot:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got the Arizer V-Tower in the mail!

The high is good, and a different vibe from a bong. drat it's a lot of work and waiting though. I set it to 240 C and that seemed to get good results but it took like 5 minutes for the weed to heat up.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

I got the Arizer V-Tower in the mail!

The high is good, and a different vibe from a bong. drat it's a lot of work and waiting though. I set it to 240 C and that seemed to get good results but it took like 5 minutes for the weed to heat up.

patience is almost impossible for me, but boy has it paid off with the extreme q

which I am enjoying now! full of GG4

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Code Jockey posted:

patience is almost impossible for me, but boy has it paid off with the extreme q

which I am enjoying now! full of GG4

I'm smoking GG4 too!! :catdrugs:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
What's a good little cart battery? I have a Yocan one and it loving sucks (doesn't get hot enough, had to break out the plastic inside because they don't understand carts come in different diameters.

I've noticed most "cart batteries" or what one would call an ego-style battery from the vaping world do not get hot enough and it's more like slightly vaping versus getting wrecked.

I've wasted a lot of carts on this. If I put a cart on a normal vape mod and turn it up to 11ish watts everything is good but I don't wanna carry around a dumb vape mod.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

i have a yocan uni s and haven't had any problems with it at all. mine has 3 different power settings and i keep it on the middle one, the way you do this on mine is 3 presses in a row to cycle between low/med/high. you can also do 2 taps for a preheat cycle. it sounds like you have a different model, as mine has an adjustable aperture for different sized carts

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate my Yocan Uni whatever, it's chunky and clunky and the button triggers extremely easily. This is the plastic model. Hard no.

But major question from me is, if you're vaping dispensary bought carts, why are you cranking them up so high? If you're not, this doesn't apply, but store bought carts generally operate best at lower voltages as the coils don't fry and you get the best temp for the terps that are in there. I might be wrong!! But I always hated using the higher settings because it tasted like poo poo and hosed up my carts

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I liked my Yocan Uni Pro until it went the way of every other magnetic attachment and became unreliable as gently caress. No amount of Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol gets it working quite as well as it did out of the box.

The PCKT VRTCL is okay, but the battery life is kinda poo poo. Nice to have 5 settings and no magnetic bullshit though. The Sesh carts I talked about earlier don't fit in the VRTCL, but no loss there.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I loving hate my Yocan Uni whatever, it's chunky and clunky and the button triggers extremely easily. This is the plastic model. Hard no.
i think that's the "pro" but it's twice the size of the s. the s is metal and doesn't have the unnecessary screen. it also charges via usb c instead of garbage micro usb

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

butt dickus posted:

i think that's the "pro" but it's twice the size of the s. the s is metal and doesn't have the unnecessary screen. it also charges via usb c instead of garbage micro usb

dick butkus was in an episode of Murder she wrote I watched a few days ago. This is relevant because I was smoking weed then and I'm smoking weed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not so old that I was smoking during murder she wrote, but I can definitely see it improving the show. I started around '97, it was all celebrity deathmatch and wcw wrestling for me at the time.

Fun fact, Angela Lansbury is still alive.