Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tato posted:

He posts multiple videos/images of him making out with Garfield plushes and proposing Garfield/Nathen/Scooby three-ways, then steals copyrighted images to make into NFTs as corporate revenge, yet he's afraid to sell or upload a PDF for a store operations menu? Pretty cowardly.

Take care of the cat Nathen....and it will take care of you

I don't know how any of the copyright or license stuff works but Nathen seemed to be very much aware of what he can and can't do without getting sued. Nathen said he has a lawyer and I would guess that his lawyer is probably a million times smarter than Nathen.

That's probably why he's going in hard on the NFT stuff. His lawyer probably told him it was safe. It's also small time and he doesn't seem like he's making huge profits so a lawsuit probably isn't worth Nickelodeon's time.

It's the equivalent of giving a cop the middle finger behind his back.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Yaldabaoth posted:

I've long suspected that Tommy Wiseau's projects were actually money laundering fronts for eastern european mobs.

My mother, a woman in her 60's, discovered the advent of T-Wise all on her own a couple years ago and asked me if I had ever heard of him. I was astonished that she had already watched The Room and The Disaster Artist. She suspects he's either a front for money laundering or an heir of someone who got rich after the USSR collapsed.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

mkvltra posted:

My mother, a woman in her 60's, discovered the advent of T-Wise all on her own a couple years ago and asked me if I had ever heard of him. I was astonished that she had already watched The Room and The Disaster Artist. She suspects he's either a front for money laundering or an heir of someone who got rich after the USSR collapsed.

What really makes me suspect it is no one heard of him until he showed up in America to make a movie, which means he must have acquired his wealth very recently.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also it's not suspicious that he is super weird about this question. I mean he is also just super weird so that's a pretty good cover.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
TommyEATS

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Real big potential here. An app that asks if you want to order a pizza, and regardless of what you respond, it reveals it already ordered the pizza.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1478381468036513792?t=8R1WQBedT12HpUIMTYl0tw&s=19
Christopher Robin minting nfts

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i cannot begin to explain how much i hope nathen ruins nfts for everybody

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yaldabaoth posted:

What really makes me suspect it is no one heard of him until he showed up in America to make a movie, which means he must have acquired his wealth very recently.

IIRC he scammed some rich widow into spending millions on his production company. Better than mafia money laundering? Worse? Lateral? Who knows.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

"your world's"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

IIRC he scammed some rich widow into spending millions on his production company. Better than mafia money laundering? Worse? Lateral? Who knows.

The Max Bialystock method is tried and true. It's as honorable as any you'll find!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I really want to meet the people whose resume includes "GarfieldEATS"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

No ring.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

Or just spent some time under the radar. Tommy Wiseau is D.B. Cooper.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

"your world's"

What a giveaway.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

gently caress it, I’m going to make the same joke as earlier:

PoohEATS featuring Big Cow Lasagna.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

my dog died im sad posted:

Featured:$300 charcuterie board made from "reclaimed" wood (Carbon Neutral)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

abigserve posted:

The thing with Nathan is that he believes he's really good at all this stuff which is why it's so funny

It's a real Tommy wiseau situation

Yeah it's important to keep in mind that whenever you see anything produced by Nathen, he's thinking "I loving nailed it"

This man could not quantify "a moment of doubt" any more than I could tell you how to wear the moon like a hat; he is what happens when you really, truly never stop believing in yourself

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My one buddy is a writer who almost exclusively writes in a genre I believe he called ‘absurdist.’ He told me the hallmark of the genre is that the reader knows that the protagonist is forever doomed to fail over and over and over again, but the protagonist themselves does not.

Nathen is that protagonist.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Blue Moonlight posted:

gently caress it, I’m going to make the same joke as earlier:

PoohEATS featuring Big Cow Lasagna.

Kenny Logging will be performing house at Pooh corner for the grand opening.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Nathen will promise Loggins & Messina and only get Messina

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

Technically "lasagna" could be a portmanteau of Loggins & Messina

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Aardvark! posted:

people were upset, claimed to be missinaing loggins

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Nft

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Non fuckable something

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Futanari Damacy posted:

Non fuckable something

No loving trade

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yaldabaoth posted:

Wiseau owns this building in Fisherman's Wharf in SF:

So he's independently wealthy and could easily have funded his movie with no help. I'm not quite sure why everyone thinks there's a big mystery about where he got his money, his family probably bought that building years ago and are landlords as the family business.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 4, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

...his family probably bought that building years ago and are landlords as the family business.

That's the worst explanation for his wealth yet.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

people think there's a big mystery because he spent ages refusing to answer the question of how he funded the movie beyond a smile and "i imported jackets" - that's where the money laundering angle actually came from, because his business was not obviously booming and imports are a really good way to launder money.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
An importer, but not an exporter? I'm starting to think this "Vandelay Industries" might not be completely legitimate

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lt. Cock posted:

My one buddy is a writer who almost exclusively writes in a genre I believe he called ‘absurdist.’ He told me the hallmark of the genre is that the reader knows that the protagonist is forever doomed to fail over and over and over again, but the protagonist themselves does not.

Nathen is that protagonist.

"No Exit" except it's four clones of Nathen trying desperately to land licensing deals

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Waiting For Garfdot

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So he's independently wealthy and could easily have funded his movie with no help. I'm not quite sure why everyone thinks there's a big mystery about where he got his money, his family probably bought that building years ago and are landlords as the family business.

Are you a Dark Souls theorycrafter?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I gotta say it's distressingly easy to imagine Nathen playing any of the roles in The Room

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have Garfield celibacy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:/ same, but i have Lyman hymen

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I just Odie'd on lasagna. I definitely don't feel Nermal