Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Requested to be un-vacationed.

I'm back at it, it seems!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feliday Melody posted:

You can buy it multiple times per account?

The MCT is basically free. I somehow got myself into alt pilots (I blame Ragnar and Yog)

yup, I didnt buy all at once though added one after the other as I did skill queue maths

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Feliday Melody posted:

You can buy it multiple times per account?

The MCT is basically free. I somehow got myself into alt pilots (I blame Ragnar and Yog)

It's a slippery slope :sweatdrop: I'm up to 4 accounts now and that's still small time :negative:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Didn’t think it’d be so hard to find BRAVE to shoot today. Where they hiding out at?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wrong thread

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

kpenguin posted:

Are these MCT Certificate (in-game item) ?
or Are they automatically activated on the account?

the 3month sub + 3 month MCT deal automatically applies the MCT to your account. Additionally, if you buy multiple with the intention of activating a second queue (training all three characters on an account at once), you will have to reach out to CCP support because when they are automtically applied they simply append to any running additional queue

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ninetails RUS fleets are amazing. He will take any fight he can get. Yesterday, he took our Brutix Navy Issue fleet and started brawling with an enemy Apoc fleet that outnumbered us 2-1. I and the enemy Dictors were flying in formation because both sides were trying to keep the other side from escaping.

Half our fleet died, and then we went back to 1DQ, reshipped into MOAs and went out again.

Went to the galactic northeast and camped an ESS. The FC sent me to get safe while the rest of the fleet went into the ESS to kill the people inside.

Then everyone was announcing GF in the chat and leaving. Turns out they all died. Every single person to whatever was in there.

I started probing down a Thera path back home but died to a camp.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/97831733/

Most fun I've had so far.

RIP that Dictor that survived for something like 10 fleets. Probe launcher didn't drop, so I call that a win for me.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/doctor-who-is-coming-to-eve-online

:wtc: :allbuttons:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

What in the gently caress?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

loving what? Is CCP getting that desperate that they're dredging for Doctor Who fans?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lmao surely a sign the game and show are both doing well

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
one dude making hundreds of Dr. Who alts has catfished ccp into an event no one wanted or needed

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

Ninetails RUS fleets are amazing. He will take any fight he can get. Yesterday, he took our Brutix Navy Issue fleet and started brawling with an enemy Apoc fleet that outnumbered us 2-1. I and the enemy Dictors were flying in formation because both sides were trying to keep the other side from escaping.

Half our fleet died, and then we went back to 1DQ, reshipped into MOAs and went out again.

Went to the galactic northeast and camped an ESS. The FC sent me to get safe while the rest of the fleet went into the ESS to kill the people inside.

Then everyone was announcing GF in the chat and leaving. Turns out they all died. Every single person to whatever was in there.

I started probing down a Thera path back home but died to a camp.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/97831733/

Most fun I've had so far.

RIP that Dictor that survived for something like 10 fleets. Probe launcher didn't drop, so I call that a win for me.

flycatchers got that insane tank. Glad you are having fun

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

TheWeedNumber posted:

flycatchers got that insane tank. Glad you are having fun

It's an amazing ship, really. If I trade off the probe launcher, it gets almost 40k EHP. But then I really like the probe launcher. I have a few of each at the moment.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

I want my Neopets x EVE Online crossover next

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

OK, this is not how I expected how the riddle around the fate of Terra would be solved.

I guess we can just dial Dr. Who and ask him now, huh

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Phone booth pod skin when?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
"What is behind the EVE Gate?"

CCP: "Dr. Who." :smug:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I don't like Dr who but I will horde the obnoxious scarf cosmetics.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

I assume CCP is paying for the IP to do this, mostly because the inverse is even harder to fathom.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

captainclaw posted:

What in the gently caress?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
This is the announcement they had a loving countdown to? Lmao ccp

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ajaxify posted:

This is the announcement they had a loving countdown to? Lmao ccp

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I am going to vanquish this "dr. whom" in space combat in the old way. Watch out!

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

:emptyquote:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

dr who, lol, lmao, who even watches that outside of the UK

What a brilliant move. And if reddit is to be believed, pearl abyss is looking to divest ccp out. 2022 off to a good start

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

EVE is about to corner the pretentious idiot nerds whose only internal narrative is "SO BRITISH" demographic.

They need to do a Firefly crossover to get the rest of the people that make me uncomfortable at scifi conventions.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I sure hope globby finds a way to meme the poo poo out of the event so it annoys ccp even more.

Let's be fair, all he has to do is take part and it'll piss them off

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

captainclaw posted:

I sure hope globby finds a way to meme the poo poo out of the event so it annoys ccp even more.

Let's be fair, all he has to do is take part and it'll piss them off

why is the commissar shooting kids at the pool

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rudeboy Detective posted:

They need to do a Firefly crossover to get the rest of the people that make me uncomfortable at scifi conventions.

i really enjoyed the setting of that show, but i suspect that most of the self-identifying firefly convention goers just really wanna gently caress summer glau

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

It's an amazing ship, really. If I trade off the probe launcher, it gets almost 40k EHP. But then I really like the probe launcher. I have a few of each at the moment.

Combat probing is worth it. I'd probably go for the max tank varient though.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

TheWeedNumber posted:

Combat probing is worth it. I'd probably go for the max tank varient though.

You're probably right, but I'm also trying to practise combat probing.

Imagine the fleet I had when the FC diverted us into low sec for 40 minutes and my Dictor has extra tank instead of weapons :v:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

You're probably right, but I'm also trying to practise combat probing.

Imagine the fleet I had when the FC diverted us into low sec for 40 minutes and my Dictor has extra tank instead of weapons :v:

im waiting on the next PL JF run to put together a couple of anathema's for combat probing. Consider dualboxing a dedicated combat prober and a dictor in the future. Maybe even have said covops combat prober run a squad of dictors and warp them to sigs in a fleet fight? Could be even more fun for you.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

EVE is about to corner the pretentious idiot nerds whose only internal narrative is "SO BRITISH" demographic.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

TheWeedNumber posted:

im waiting on the next PL JF run to put together a couple of anathema's for combat probing. Consider dualboxing a dedicated combat prober and a dictor in the future. Maybe even have said covops combat prober run a squad of dictors and warp them to sigs in a fleet fight? Could be even more fun for you.

That sounds pretty advanced. I'm surprisingly bad at Eve and will be for at least the first half of 2022.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

That sounds pretty advanced. I'm surprisingly bad at Eve and will be for at least the first half of 2022.

no not believing in yourself. And its easier than you'd think. Currently on a fleet but i'll link you a 3rd party program that lets you have a picture in picture of all your eve clients off to the side. Helps if you dont have multiple monitors so you can see what all clients are up to.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TheWeedNumber posted:

no not believing in yourself. And its easier than you'd think. Currently on a fleet but i'll link you a 3rd party program that lets you have a picture in picture of all your eve clients off to the side. Helps if you dont have multiple monitors so you can see what all clients are up to.

Feliday Melody posted:

https://github.com/Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview

this is what I meant. Check this poo poo out and let me know how it treats you.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
We have a faction warfare flycatcher doctrine which is pretty cool - with links it's super long range so as people slide into the plex we just send down a huge alpha

Tonight I stupidly started calling targets when FC died - this was fine but FC said OK you can be next FC. drat it haha.

We also got a fight with deacons where I was logi anchor and that was cool, we kept everyone alive and I knew they enemy would primary us so I was able to loop them back into out fleets optimal to throw them in the wood chipper.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

are you the very angry LIP guy that is in tama all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I enjoyed the show, but the turbo-spergs that go around calling themselves "browncoats" are insufferable.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)