Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm going to have to buy an oversized mailbox because my dumb as poo poo mailman tries to cram boxes into my regular one, which damages a bunch of stuff and holds the door open letting rain in. The post it is on leans backwards from his stupid rear end trying to shoving stuff into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The "Print Screen" key, which I use in my work about a thousand times a day, is no longer working after a Windows update. My flow was always to hit that key, open IrfanView, hit Ctrl-V, simple as. Not anymore!

The key by itself, which I've used for years? Nothing. Alt+Print Screen? Nope. Windows Key+Print Screen? No.

I can still use the Take Screenshot function in the right-click menu in Firefox, and I can use the stupid Snipping Tool in Windows, but I want an entire 1:1 image of the entire desktop without opening some other dipshit application.

A little research showed me that there used to be a Print Screen Key toggle deep in the settings menu:

That toggle is straight up not in my settings menu. This sucks out loud.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Walked past a (clean shaven) guy yesterday who said, quite unclearly, "Happy Christmas" so I said "you too mate".

Couple seconds later i realised he'd actually said "nice moustache".

That's like saying "you too" to a waiter saying enjoy your meal. Awful.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

The "Print Screen" key, which I use in my work about a thousand times a day, is no longer working after a Windows update. My flow was always to hit that key, open IrfanView, hit Ctrl-V, simple as. Not anymore!

The key by itself, which I've used for years? Nothing. Alt+Print Screen? Nope. Windows Key+Print Screen? No.

I can still use the Take Screenshot function in the right-click menu in Firefox, and I can use the stupid Snipping Tool in Windows, but I want an entire 1:1 image of the entire desktop without opening some other dipshit application.

A little research showed me that there used to be a Print Screen Key toggle deep in the settings menu:

That toggle is straight up not in my settings menu. This sucks out loud.

I see you mentioning the windows snipping tool, but you know about the win+shift+S hotkey to quickly take a screenshot without having to open any programs in advance, right? :shobon: It's completely replaced my usage of print screen personally, though I'd still be really mad if the key randomly stopped working too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
PicPick can be set to open and take a screenshot when you press the printscreen button.

It's been my go-to for years now.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

were staying at my sister in laws house and she loves oysters and so does my wife so every other day its oysters for dinner. i have probably eaten like 100 oysters this month. i am tired of eating oysters

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the oyster is your world

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm going to have to buy an oversized mailbox because my dumb as poo poo mailman tries to cram boxes into my regular one, which damages a bunch of stuff and holds the door open letting rain in. The post it is on leans backwards from his stupid rear end trying to shoving stuff into it

An oversized mailbox is a godsend. Your mailman can put giant dildos or 120 day prescriptions in it without everyone seeing your issues. Be glad you live in a neighborhood where you get to have a mailbox at your house and don't have to pick your next house color by committee of your peers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Came home from a 12 hour shift at work with an hour commute each way to find my entire apartment flooded because the idiot who installed my new washing machine broke a valve off of my water heater or something. gently caress my life.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waste of Breath posted:

An oversized mailbox is a godsend. Your mailman can put giant dildos or 120 day prescriptions in it without everyone seeing your issues. Be glad you live in a neighborhood where you get to have a mailbox at your house and don't have to pick your next house color by committee of your peers.

Why would you be ashamed of giant dildos

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Why would you be ashamed of giant dildos

Because they aren't mega giant dildos. Just regular giant.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Set up to meet someone for a sale today. We made the arrangement Tuesday. Meeting today in about 40 minutes. Got all the poo poo packed and ready, and he emails me that he can't make it but will holla at me later today.

This would not bother me so much save the fact it's 100 loving live mice and now I have nowhere for them to go.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Set up to meet someone for a sale today. We made the arrangement Tuesday. Meeting today in about 40 minutes. Got all the poo poo packed and ready, and he emails me that he can't make it but will holla at me later today.

This would not bother me so much save the fact it's 100 loving live mice and now I have nowhere for them to go.

Reminds me of my early 20s when I was subletting a room of our rented house. The potential housemate moved in her snake, then backed out of the agreement leaving me to take care of the snake for the next three weeks.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Early 20s you and Cowslips should get together and solve your two problems

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The online computer touching bootcamp I’m doing has this Monday off for MLK Day. I was looking forward to my three day weekend. Then I remembered my job doesn’t have that day off, and now I am chuffed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
As of today, it's been a full week without heating or hot water in my flat. My hot water thing basically died on me and while I can afford to replace it, I don't know when that will happen, because my apartment building can only fit one of the old types which are only made on order at this point.

I'm making do with a space heater and by hoofing it down the street to my parents' when I want to shower, but still. Sucks.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dr Christmas posted:

The online computer touching bootcamp I’m doing has this Monday off for MLK Day. I was looking forward to my three day weekend. Then I remembered my job doesn’t have that day off, and now I am chuffed.

Chuffed means pleased :confused:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We finally are getting our in-ground pool filled in with dirt. Dude started this morning. But by about noon, it was clear he wouldn't have enough dirt because he didn't measure poo poo properly. Now he is quoting us an extra few hundred bucks to get another ton or two, and it's one of those deals that if we don't pay, the work isn't finished, so not bad for a grifter.

Pissed about this. But what can you do?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dr Christmas posted:

My post office has that day off, but I'm still working. The mail must flow.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

venus de lmao posted:

Chuffed means pleased :confused:

New first world problem: I revealed to the internet that I didn't know what "chuffed" means.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My brother finally got his copy of the FF7 remake back from his friend so he lent it to me. However, while the install disk is there, the play disk is the wrong game - he gave us FF15 instead of FF7.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Why does my shower head have a stream coming out almost sideways no matter what I do? And why does it always aim right at my face?

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Maybe hard water has clogged the nozzles with calcium carbonate. Soak it in vinegar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I know that - but why do the streams always point directly at my face? Nowhere else, just right in my eyes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
For the same reason the wind will always change direction to blow campfire smoke directly into your face.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I know that - but why do the streams always point directly at my face? Nowhere else, just right in my eyes.

Same but cumshots

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

My phone keeps forgetting swear words no matter how many times I tell it. Swearing is one of the few ducking pleasures I have left for rucks sake

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another phone gripe is when you want to write 'too' and it only writes out 'to', when you really meant the other or vice versa, so you have to go back and fix it anyway every. time.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

cinni posted:

Another phone gripe is when you want to write 'too' and it only writes out 'to', when you really meant the other or vice versa, so you have to go back and fix it anyway every. time.

And then some rear end in a top hat jumps to correct you. gently caress off, we all know how terrible swipe typing and autocorrect are.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got my faucet fixed. Now my computer fan sounds like a teenager revving up his dad's Charger to impress his friends.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I feel like this is the first world-est problem, but I got more serious about my workout a bit before COVID hit, then got myself a home gym when we went on lockdown and I've gained a good bit of muscle over 2 years.

So now none of my old button downs fit anymore and anything off the rack does that annoying stretched out hole between buttons on my chest. My options seem to be either buying a size too large and having a loose collar, droopy shoulders and baggy midriff, buying "muscle shirts" that look tacky as hell, or only buy tailored shirts from now on.

Plus "my" tailor only sells white shirts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Bought a new couch last month and had to start payments on it this month, their payment site stinks and I couldn't tell if the automatic payment I had set up actually stuck so I accidentally sent in two payments this month :goleft: At least I'll have it paid off a month sooner?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I feel like a sucker because I installed an iPhone update two days ago, and now YouTube won’t do picture-in-picture anymore unless I shell out for it.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

CordlessPen posted:

I feel like this is the first world-est problem, but I got more serious about my workout a bit before COVID hit, then got myself a home gym when we went on lockdown and I've gained a good bit of muscle over 2 years.

So now none of my old button downs fit anymore and anything off the rack does that annoying stretched out hole between buttons on my chest. My options seem to be either buying a size too large and having a loose collar, droopy shoulders and baggy midriff, buying "muscle shirts" that look tacky as hell, or only buy tailored shirts from now on.

Plus "my" tailor only sells white shirts.

Find a cheap tailor in Chinatown. It won't be as nice as a real tailor but the value add of like +$10 dollars on a shirt that costs $50 is humongous. Just make sure you tell them to hide the piping, unless that is what you want. Not that "real" italian tailors are necessarily better. Worst goddamm suit I ever got was from a tailor who didn't respect how oddly and unfortunately shaped my body is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well he was a tailor and not a miracle worker

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well he was a tailor and not a miracle worker

Fair but I've had better suits made by a rando in a Beijing mall for a tenth of the price. High quality my rear end. High quality if you are already conventionally attractive, which is basically anything. That's the whole point of scrumbo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Posted a Story (temporary post) on Instagram hoping that a certain someone who follows me would see it, and they didn't. And I haven't actually spoken to this person in at least a decade so just sending it directly to them and saying "hey remember this funny thing from our shared past" is completely out of the question :jiggled:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
"Dude, I know it's been forever but this made me think of you"

What's wrong with letting people know that you want contact?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sentient Data posted:

"Dude, I know it's been forever but this made me think of you"

What's wrong with letting people know that you want contact?

Because it's a woman who I haven't spoken to in 15 years, and we're both married :v: I don't know how to frame that without sounding like an even bigger weirdo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

okay now that is a weird thing to get hung up on