Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
This is definitely like the teachers thing. Labour groups that complain vocally get noticed because they are "constantly making demands" when it's more that their demands aren't ever adequately met. So in this sense, teachers and nurses can appear to the heartless as "whiners" (compared to themselves who likely aren't in a union or in a position to organize, and have no point to registering their displeasure out of their own sense of hopelessness).

It's a bit rich hearing anyone complain about either because teachers look after the kids when the parents can't and nurses look after them when they can't look after themselves. But yeah everyone's a Self-Made Man who don't need no welfare state and neither do those complainers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Previa_fun posted:

you have eight pages of posts in the cspam covid thread dog maybe take a break from constantly thinking about covid

re-read your last ban. i have important things to talk about in the chapo, cum town and e1 podcast threads.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

If anyone has a right to complain it’s teachers and nurses. They are frequently the targets of harassment and violence from the populations they work with, and have no control over the home lives of those people, those home lives being the greatest influence on what those people turn out like. Teachers especially are blamed for outcomes that were predictable before the kid ever got to school. And both professions are expected to exercise much greater self control than cops or other public facing professions. If a teacher is attacked by a student and hits them back, almost every teacher will say “I get it but you don’t put hands on kids, and if you do you’re out.” What happens when cops gently caress up? Every cop circles the wagons.

Nobody does more for our society and gets less for it than teachers, nurses, and other people we entrust the most vulnerable to.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

the left does not need its own version of are troops

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
yep. i don't think anyone is arguing against those points. people had specific critcisms against what the chapo guest said on the episode, and others decided actually they are attacks against healthcare workers because they don't understand what it's like to see a dead body a bunch of times

selec
Sep 6, 2003

WorkerThread posted:

yeah that’s why it’s important to treat them as human beings we are expecting a poo poo-ton from and offering very little in return for. I don’t think we’re in any danger of being too nice to professional educators and carers lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I am just about to listen to the episode. Lol it's really an E1 guy? Okay here goes I guess

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They've had Branson on to talk about orcs and now Andrew to talk about his experiences as a nurse so next they have to have Charles on to talk about having loads of money and being rich would be cool

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

you have eight pages of posts in the cspam covid thread dog maybe take a break from constantly thinking about covid

covid check

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Trying to make everyone in my house call me “the omicron don” for two days now

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

lmao

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

Wizard Master just gets excited when he sees Dasha somewhere unexpected. I do the same thing with Ian Fidance so :shrug:

Ian is cool and hot unlike Dasha.

I actually met him at a bookfair. Nice guy!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

Ian is cool and hot unlike Dasha.

I actually met him at a bookfair. Nice guy!

i linked this in the cum town thread but if anyone hasn't seen this yet, now's the time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVLa_T7Asj4/

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

good ep

guest was right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No Dignity posted:

They've had Branson on to talk about orcs and now Andrew to talk about his experiences as a nurse so next they have to have Charles on to talk about having loads of money and being rich would be cool

It's so weird that Branson doesn't like 40k Orks.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i think he thinks 40k is all self-serious stuff

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
nurses have pretty tough jobs but on the other hand just saying "swag" and "poggers" to fill out endless riffs is awful so the truth is in the middle on this one

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

WorkerThread posted:

Ok maybe I'm being tricked but I'll actually engage in the discussion. Nobody is saying nurses shouldn't unionize or don't deserve better conditions. I think they deserve a lot more than they're getting. I also think they whine constantly, which was my experience way before covid. And finally, I'm just not very sympathetic to podcasters. Sorry.

Who in this thread is saying nurses should not unionize?

complete gibberish

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
as usual this incredibly normal thread took a small chunk of someone complaining about a genuine problem and got into some weird 'actually nurses are loving bitches' poo poo that's couched in hilarious self owns

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

WorkerThread posted:

We don't need whatever it is you think you're contributing either, go soak your head

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gripweed posted:

It's so weird that Branson doesn't like 40k Orks.

They're the best orcs...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nobody despises podcasters like the leftist podcast thread

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

cool my friend is homeless. everyone can whine about covid and trauma

you sound like a p bad friend

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

space uncle posted:

Solidarity for all workers!*

*except the ones I worked with in my industry because I hate those fucks, loving stuck up doctors and nurses “oh I save lives” yeah well I save critical vulnerabilities in firewall Infrastructure and nobody claps for me
**also except Janice, I told the boss on Janice because she’s slow at filing reports
***also except the workers who don’t have it as hard as construction workers
****actually gently caress construction workers they don’t have it as bad as retail due to all the Karens am I right?
*****actually I just got promoted to manager whoops you all should probably not discuss pay I’m pretty sure it’s illegal
Cool story

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

you make one offhand comment about a podcast guest...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

WorkerThread posted:

you make one offhand comment about a podcast guest...

"I've had to pull the ventilators on three covid patients today begging me to save them"

A man fused to his computer chair: "Uh, methinks the lady doth protest too much, have you considered construction workers?"

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Heath posted:

"I've had to pull the ventilators on three covid patients today begging me to save them"

A man fused to his computer chair: "Uh, methinks the lady doth protest too much, have you considered construction workers?"

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if you primarily post in cspam threads about how d&d sucks can you just stay there please. you arent equipped to talk about normal human beings

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How did a podcast about three dipshits making fun of Trump Plaza’s salads draw in some of genuinely the most annoying fans of all time?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

NienNunb posted:

How did a podcast about three dipshits making fun of Trump Plaza’s salads draw in some of genuinely the most annoying fans of all time?

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

they did. i texted that healthcare workers were being bitches again

Nice try but everyone knows that homeless people don't have phones

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

re-read your last ban. i have important things to talk about in the chapo, cum town and e1 podcast threads.

is bust rodd on probation or something?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat i saw like 70+ new posts and thought amber had returned

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Seams posted:

drat i saw like 70+ new posts and thought amber had returned

She did

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Heath posted:

She did

i meant in a normal ep and not some interview with some geek

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone in this thread talking poo poo about Hudson is a huge bitch. He's a better person and a thousand times funnier than you, and people literally pay him to riff with his friends. That will never happen for you, and you post in one of the worst threads on this forum. Jealous?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
She did an interview episode with a Pennsylvania senate candidate, and they both laughed slightly at the naivety of defund the police people. Good interview. Chapo curse on running for office though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i think he thinks 40k is all self-serious stuff

how

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

as a service worker who got covid cause of my job, i agree with andrew that he had it way fuckin worse i never had to deal with dead bodies and the dying. glad i quit my job tho rather be poor then dealing with crazy people who threaten to kill me cause i told them to put a mask on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
can't help but think about how much nurses prospered under fascist regimes like mussolini and adolf hitler