  • Post
TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

It really seems amazing to me that the Dems and Biden are loving everything up by being succ-neolibs bent to the yoke of capital, and all the Right can do is repeatedly self-own themselves with COVID, cry about Trump supporting vaccinations and attack their only viable political leader, and say "Let's Go Brandon" under their breath like an edgy preteen trying to avoid detention, instead of just cussing

The fact that these are our two parties is a dark and hearty lol

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 2, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

Federal agents, which BP are, are under a vaccine mandate and despite all the threats, I’ve yet to hear about one refusing the vaccine all the way to dismissal point. Overall, not just law enforcement, vax rate of federal workers is over 90 percent now.

I guess there’s not a lot of true believers when your 1811 job with benefits and 90k salary is under threat.

they just kicked out 200 marines after the deadline passed which seems like a vanishingly small ratio

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Breitbart did include the cause of death of those Border Patrol agents (in paragraph two), but then tried to spin it as "Look at all these brave people who died because they came in contact with those FILTHY FOREIGNERS who crossed our borders and coughed their evil miasma all over America!"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Vahakyla posted:

Federal agents, which BP are, are under a vaccine mandate and despite all the threats, I’ve yet to hear about one refusing the vaccine all the way to dismissal point. Overall, not just law enforcement, vax rate of federal workers is over 90 percent now.

I guess there’s not a lot of true believers when your 1811 job with benefits and 90k salary is under threat.

They're the agency that has been pushing back hardest, actually.

This is a month old but I can't find a more recent look at the issue. If there's something more recent on the Border Patrol specifically then I'd be happy to see the link.

And I have no specific information on this but I'd be shocked if there isn't a shithead underground of fake vax cards and chain of command looking the other way at obvious fraud, because that whole agency is shot through with fash and corruption all the way to the top and needs to be burned to the ground.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Vahakyla posted:

Federal agents, which BP are, are under a vaccine mandate and despite all the threats, I’ve yet to hear about one refusing the vaccine all the way to dismissal point. Overall, not just law enforcement, vax rate of federal workers is over 90 percent now.

I guess there’s not a lot of true believers when your 1811 job with benefits and 90k salary is under threat.

I am guessing that the majority of these deaths happened before the federal workers mandate went into effect.

Or maybe these workers got some of those fake vaccine cards.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Whoopsiedoodle!

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1477646895849877504?s=20

Apparently it was for having over 5 strikes' worth of COVID misinformation, which, yep, that's our girl! (Sadly, this is just her personal account and not her official one, bu then she's been far less brazen on that account. Somehow.)

e.: I love the fact that she couldn't even spell her last name right. Clearly the right is sending their best and brightest to Congrefs

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

TulliusCicero posted:

The fact that these are our two parties is a dark and hearty lol

I'm find it less and less funny as I get older.

I used to make fun of talk radio, Rush and all that poo poo too. When I first heard Limbaugh I swear to god 100% found it hilarious because I thought it was parody and couldn't imagine anyone taking it seriously. But a few decades later and the joke is on me. Dittoheads and Q's in the halls of government and all that.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Whoopsiedoodle!

https://twitter.com/daveyalba/status/1477646895849877504?s=20

Apparently it was for having over 5 strikes' worth of COVID misinformation, which, yep, that's our girl! (Sadly, this is just her personal account and not her official one, bu then she's been far less brazen on that account. Somehow.)

The congressional account is most likely run by some underpaid Georgia GOP employee, as it usually only shows regular updates about her pretending to be a congresswoman. That said she'll probably shift over to that one before getting banned again sometime soon.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Not having to occasionally come across some MTG tweet that isn’t even psycho, just so dumb as to cause stress from considering it, is worth all the RWM dumb censorship claims.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm also pretty skeptical that it's a permanent ban, as Ben Garrison got back on Twitter after his ban.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1478489150357651458
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1478481871453360128

Fake news!

What about my privacy?!

More Proof of the Deep State!

Forget these things I actually said/texted.

Leon Trotsky posted some choice select texts from Hannity in this post. (Hope I linked this right)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3989484&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post520452501

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Meanwhile, in Missouri....

https://twitter.com/SethOvKnives/status/1478112510058409988?s=20

Its real

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

graphic design is my passion.jpg

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On the one hand, probably not a good idea to make your official seal a bunch of first result Google image searches thrown together with standard fonts in mspaint. On the other, how much of a worry is forgery going to be when nobody will actually believe it's real at first glance

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Bold choice to design your logo in Word, but I love it. The more you look at it, the more beautiful it becomes.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

The words around the circle are so unevenly spaced from the circle that it looks like it took effort.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The tilted Eagle just has me confused.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

The tilted Eagle just has me confused.

I think it's supposed to be diving, but they couldn't find a picture of a diving eagle so they just tilted it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

New Communist Party USA symbol just dropped

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If I was any good at animation I would totally have the outer circle rotate clockwise and everything else rotate anti-clockwise.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

An embedded Lee Greenwood midi

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

I would pay an embarrassing amount of money to have been able to sit in the planning and design meetings for this.

It reminds me of tha episode of parks and rec where each department tried to make their own mural to hang up and they were all monstrosities.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm an (out of work) graphic designer and production artist and I get poo poo like this ALL THE TIME. I've done a lot of poo poo for the state and counties and it's astonishing how amateur so much of their materials are. The loving ballots for the Alachua County elections are done in Publisher and almost everything else is submitted in MS Word.

It's astonishingly hard to get a vector version of the FL state seal or even a high resolution sufficient to enlarge enough for a banner or large sign. Very few places even care how their work is prepared and a lot of print show and sign shop owners don't care much either. I show my work (and I'm pretty good) and explain how none of this is clip art and it's all vector formatted. They don't seem to give a poo poo and just want to know how long it took me. More than 15 minutes? Sorry, too slow.

Someone gets paid to design poo poo like that and I can't land a loving job. So tired of hearing how very very talented I am yet not being hired because I want more than the loving $15/hr they'll pay some kid fresh out of art school.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think anyone's getting paid to design them. They probably just throw the job at an unpaid intern who said they could use whatever program on their resume.

Edit: No offense to interns, but this looks exactly like the sort of job someone with no design experience whatsoever would do after being given a list of objects to include.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Clarste posted:

I don't think anyone's getting paid to design them. They probably just throw the job at an unpaid intern who said they could use whatever program on their resume.

Edit: No offense to interns, but this looks exactly like the sort of job someone with no design experience whatsoever would do after being given a list of objects to include.

Yeah, it does and that happens a lot. Like I alluded to, nobody wants to pay for professional graphic design but usually almost everyone wants it to look polished and bad rear end. Then you get stuff like this where apparently people don't care or even know what they're looking at. Like how do you not see that none of those circle/text paths are aligned? And I bet none of the raster images are higher than 72ppi (assuming the whole thing isn't done in Photoshop) and the image itself is maybe 5 inches.

Then they'll want to put it on a 4 foot banner or a vehicle and wonder why it looks like pixellated poo poo when it's printed.

The more I stare at it, the angrier I get.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, it does and that happens a lot. Like I alluded to, nobody wants to pay for professional graphic design but usually almost everyone wants it to look polished and bad rear end. Then you get stuff like this where apparently people don't care or even know what they're looking at. Like how do you not see that none of those circle/text paths are aligned? And I bet none of the raster images are higher than 72ppi (assuming the whole thing isn't done in Photoshop) and the image itself is maybe 5 inches.

Then they'll want to put it on a 4 foot banner or a vehicle and wonder why it looks like pixellated poo poo when it's printed.

The more I stare at it, the angrier I get.

At least the text is inside the lines! Except for the Y but Pobody's Nerfect!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay I had a go here's me matching the effort that they provided:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Okay I had a go here's me matching the effort that they provided:

Oh my god. Is it actually some kind of weird oblong instead of a normal circle? Holy poo poo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh my god. Is it actually some kind of weird oblong instead of a normal circle? Holy poo poo.

The 12 year old they had designing this forgot to hold Shift when drawing the circle

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1478489150357651458
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1478481871453360128

Fake news!

What about my privacy?!

More Proof of the Deep State!

Forget these things I actually said/texted.

Leon Trotsky posted some choice select texts from Hannity in this post. (Hope I linked this right)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3989484&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post520452501

So, these texts say that the WH lawyers provided analysis ahead of the 6th that there was little or no legal method to do what they want.

That’s evidence of a conspiracy to obstruct congress. It may, depending on what it says, also be evidence that Trump was told he would be violating statutes ahead of the insurrection.

They also say that WH counsel provided analysis after the 6th that Trump may have committed treason. The official government lawyer for the office of the president appears to have issued guidance that Trump may have committed treason. This isn’t some rando pundit, this is someone who knows what treason is and what the criteria for it are.

Jeesus gently caress, why isn’t this every headline?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Murgos posted:

Jeesus gently caress, why isn’t this every headline?

Because there hasn't been an arrest.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/stimesmcarter/status/1478564070219399173?s=20

https://twitter.com/stimesmcarter/status/1478576282279444480?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sounds like a real fuckin' winner, this guy

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Murgos posted:

Jeesus gently caress, why isn’t this every headline?

It's time to move forward, heal and work together. Reach across the aisle and work with our Republican colleagues to get things done for the American people. This is not a time for division, but a time to come and work together.

:jackoff:

Also

BiggerBoat posted:

Fake news!

What about my privacy?!

More Proof of the Deep State!

Taken out of context!

Also:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/media/sean-hannity-donald-trump-reliable-sources/index.html

Some rear end in a top hat Who Needs to be Waterboarded posted:

He started his Tuesday night Fox News show by teasing a message to the "cowardly swamp creatures" in DC and the "media mob." Throughout the show, Hannity hyped the segment, telling his audience, "You don't want to miss it." The suggestion, of course, was that he was going to issue a response to the January 6 Committee's request for his cooperation in the insurrection investigation. But the promotion for the segment ended up being a head fake.

In the final moments of his show, Hannity instead delivered a rant on the lack of Covid testing availability. Which is to say that Hannity wholly ignored the 1/6 committee's request and the damning revelations contained in the letter its top members sent to him. But he won't be able to stay silent about it forever. After the show, his outside counsel Jay Sekulow issued a new statement: "We are evaluating the letter from the committee. We remain very concerned about the constitutional implications especially as it relates to the First Amendment. We will respond as appropriate."

We should goon rush his radio show and social media reminding him that this well past the 10 year anniversary of him volunteering to be water boarded. Ask him if he's a bigger pussy than Mancow or Chris Hitchens. Tell him to do it for charity; churches who oppose abortion or whatever. Let Chic Fil A or Hobby Lobby sponsor it.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 5, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

The 12 year old they had designing this forgot to hold Shift when drawing the circle

I just checked for myself in Photoshop. It is indeed an oblong. :magical:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah I didn't change the shape of the 'circle' I only rotated it 45 degrees at a time.

Also made removing the wings from the line hard because you couldn't just copy another part of the curve and paste it, because the angle changes.

Then it causes clipping on the vertical and the eagle misaligns and I just said "gently caress it I'm not putting in effort for something that didn't receive effort in the first place"

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Listen here, you elitist coastal liberals. The seal is Great. It says so right on it. QED.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tesseraction posted:

Oh yeah I didn't change the shape of the 'circle' I only rotated it 45 degrees at a time.

Also made removing the wings from the line hard because you couldn't just copy another part of the curve and paste it, because the angle changes.

Then it causes clipping on the vertical and the eagle misaligns and I just said "gently caress it I'm not putting in effort for something that didn't receive effort in the first place"

Nah. It was some art major temping at the office, someone's nephew or a person who knows how to use Word and has dabbled in Publisher just enough to learn putting text on an arc. Or a person who did the company picnic banner that one time. I doubt they just quit on it so much as not knowing how constrain proportions and align objects, it was likely the best they could do and their compensation was doing it on the clock.

The eagle, flag, bible and cross and all that other poo poo were png's with the transparency already done that someone downloaded from a Google search since I don't see any obvious bad use of Photoshop's magic wand tool.

The entire thing REEKS of MS Publisher done by a person who knows just enough to be dangerous and publish their HOA or church newsletter at PIP every month. I can practically guarantee that if you place it in InDesign or Illustrator that it will come in as an opaque white square on an 8.5 x 11 sheet and if you put it against a colored background or anything, the circular border won't knock out.

Didn't we used to have a Bad Graphic Design thread?

Maybe I'll start one and get off this funny derail since I've seen and fixed and rescued SO MUCH bad art spanning decades and made it print.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.npr.org/2022/01/05/1070609215/county-seal-design-reddit

NPR posted:

A Missouri county asks for help designing a new seal after old one turns heads online

In theory, the seal of St. Francois County, Mo., has all the trappings of a normal, classic government seal: A bald eagle pictured across a waving American flag, with a Bible, cross, shovel and pickaxe all encircled by the text "The Great Seal of St. Francois County" and "In God we trust." But normal, classic government seals do not typically get a lot of attention on social media.

Posted to Reddit's "CrappyDesign" subreddit over the weekend, the modest St. Francois County seal attracted nearly nearly 17,000 upvotes and comments describing it as "free clip-art," "Adobe photoshop free trial" and "strong 'Made in powerpoint' vibes."

Now, commissioners in the small, rural county in eastern Missouri say they will change the seal, most likely through a public contest.

"There's a fever pitch, I understand, on social media about the seal of the county," said Presiding Commissioner Harold Gallaher at a county commission meeting on Tuesday.

The quantity of images on the seal — and that they are full-color photographs rather than more simple renderings — makes it "an artistic and a design challenge," said Ted Kaye, the secretary of the North American Vexillological Association and compiler of the group's guidebook for flag design called "Good Flag, Bad Flag."

"It's a challenge, even for county seals. Often seals are quite detailed because they're meant to be put on a piece of paper and seen close up," he said. "This is clearly a kitchen sink seal."

The impression on social media that the seal was designed by an amateur turns out to be correct: Gallaher, who is in his 70s, designed the county's current seal in 2018.

"I've said a 5-year-old kid with a high fever could do a better job than I did," he said Tuesday.

At its unveiling in 2018, Gallaher said the county seal had not been updated "in years," according to the Daily Journal newspaper. "So, with some simple software, I brought up this new one, and we've adopted that now as our county seal," he said then.

This week, Gallaher himself said the time had come for something new, joking at the Tuesday meeting that the current seal is "proof positive that I am not artistically inclined." He invited the public to offer new designs, although he added that the county is not willing to spend taxpayer money on design fees.

Gallaher laid out a handful of requirements for any new seal: It should include all of the symbols on the current one, along with a new symbol alluding to the county's many parks, he said. It should also include less of the color red ("It fades too quickly," he said).

Perhaps most importantly, the new seal should be "better than the seal we have now," Gallaher said to a round of laughs.

Kaye, the flag design expert, says many of the same principles of successful flag design can be applied to seals, as well — namely, "simplicity, meaningful symbolism, few colors and distinctiveness."

According to the Daily Journal, the parameters of the contest will be announced at the next county commission meeting next week.

TL;DR, it was designed by a boomer county commissioner who is quite aware that it sucks, they're having a contest to replace it, it's all kind of cute

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
edit

poo poo quote is not edit

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 5, 2022

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4