Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Holy Britannian Empire

United American Empire

Imperial State of America

United American Kingdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lady Radia posted:

is that cheese? that sounds WAD(and awesome)

Cheese in that the AI probably wouldn't find their way into focusing down the techs needed to crank out a bunch of luxury hats in 1845 or whatever, but yeah I think it's how the mechanics are supposed to work for a human at least.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tell the french to get hosed day 1 and build up a state of pure autarky as you are forever cut off from the world at large by the french navy

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

MatchaZed posted:

United American Empire

This but then change the UAE’s name to United States of Arabia

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
cant wait to exclusively post screenshots of the united sovereign archduchy in this thread

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Can't wait to have all my early runs to find out all the assorted names for the USA.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Could probably bank on immigration if you get some good reforms to at least grow to a decent size as Haiti

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If a thriving Haití doesnt get bonus attraction for polish immigrants i'm cancelling my preorder

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

AnEdgelord posted:

United Sovereign Archduchy is an terrible name. I said this on twitter but if the US somehow went monarchist there is no chance it would settle for anything less than calling itself an Empire.
Undivided Supreme Archempire

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

If a thriving Haití doesnt get bonus attraction for polish immigrants i'm cancelling my preorder
Also a permanent relationship hit to any country holding Polish cores.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

...I don't get it. Is there some sort of in-joke or historical thing I'm not getting, or is this just lolrandom?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

TwoQuestions posted:

...I don't get it. Is there some sort of in-joke or historical thing I'm not getting, or is this just lolrandom?

both. some posters (who might be the people talking about it now, i honestly don't remember) were campaigning to make sure that vicky 3 included the small (and apparently disputed?) polish diaspora in haiti that originated with polish soldiers who defected to haiti's side against the french

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

TwoQuestions posted:

During the Haitian revolution part of the polish legion send to suppress it rebelled and joined the revolutionaries. This resulted in a warm relationship between them and the Haitians and the honorary name of ‘white negroes of europe’

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Victorian Americans love classical poo poo, if they're going to go monarchist there's no way they use "archduke" as the title, if they don't just use emperor it's going to be something like Augustus or Archon. United Sovereign Archonate sounds good to me.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

United Sovereign Augustries for more Imperial Rome.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ceasar of the Dignita Augustae Americum surely

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

both. some posters (who might be the people talking about it now, i honestly don't remember) were campaigning to make sure that vicky 3 included the small (and apparently disputed?) polish diaspora in haiti that originated with polish soldiers who defected to haiti's side against the french

Davincie posted:

During the Haitian revolution part of the polish legion send to suppress it rebelled and joined the revolutionaries. This resulted in a warm relationship between them and the Haitians and the honorary name of ‘white negroes of europe’

Thank you!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

disputed? i thought the polish story in haiti was well documented and accepted historically. there are still descendants of the original poles there, aren't there?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

disputed? i thought the polish story in haiti was well documented and accepted historically. there are still descendants of the original poles there, aren't there?

anything with a question mark there is half-remembered

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Senātus Populusque Iankius

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Reveilled posted:

Victorian Americans love classical poo poo, if they're going to go monarchist there's no way they use "archduke" as the title, if they don't just use emperor it's going to be something like Augustus or Archon. United Sovereign Archonate sounds good to me.

Yeah this is the core of my objection. The USA sees itself as a resurrection of the Roman Republic and always has. No way they reach for some lame rear end hapsburg title when the first instinct would be to ape the Roman Empire as much as possible.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah this is the core of my objection. The USA sees itself as a resurrection of the Roman Republic and always has. No way they reach for some lame rear end hapsburg title when the first instinct would be to ape the Roman Empire as much as possible.

While DC basically looks like Germania plans. The Roman Republic was especially appealing to Southern whites, who saw the slave owning republic as a good model. Where as northerners looked toward the Puritan Messianism of Plymouth and the Commonwealth.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I hope there's a United States of Anarchy

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
United Sultanates of America

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

guidoanselmi posted:

I hope there's a United States of Anarchy

Unified Syndicates of America

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Needs to be an achievement for Haiti to force France to pay them subsidies.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Alikchi posted:

Needs to be an achievement for Haiti to force France to pay them subsidies.

You say that as if I need another reason.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My friends is this game out yet

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Yeah but we're waiting for the patch with the first DLC to fix the factory designer.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

buglord posted:

My friends is this game out yet

Nah, no release date yet. Probably late this year I think is the consensus

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hope Victoria 3 never comes out, just never ending dev diaries and videos of paradox folks dressed up fancy talking about cool features.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I need to be able to design the production floor of my luxury furniture factory like this is Big Pharma.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

I hope Victoria 3 never comes out, just never ending dev diaries and videos of paradox folks dressed up fancy talking about cool features.

Like Mother 4, Vicky 3 is real life.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1481279802208358404

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

love to visualize data in pie form

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Gonna have to make myself a radar chart mod.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

and yet counters still remain in the dustbin :argh:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay pies!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I know piecharts absolutely suck but I still wouldn't have it any other way

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Piecharts only suck if you're a dataviz tryhard, I find them delicious