Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm getting the authentic week 1 savage experience:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotAwkwardMonitorGrammarKing-vM9OYllklfAMqhb1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Did TPS stream their attempts? Curious to watch their clear.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Harrow posted:

Did TPS stream their attempts? Curious to watch their clear.

TPS doesn't stream during the race, but they have recorded their clears and they'll be uploading them in a day or two, I believe.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

there's an unspoken agreement to not post the clear vod til world second is confirmed at the earliest
obv its one thing if people happen to cross the finish line on stream but thats not the case here

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

So they've beaten the game in a few weeks. cool? at least it's JPN so they have some sort of healthcare system right? I guess with no worries of health debt you can really just do whatever you want in between working. Luckies.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

2k queue for Lamia right now, guess everyone is back from vacation :negative:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Begemot posted:

2k queue for Lamia right now, guess everyone is back from vacation :negative:

yep lol

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Barreft posted:

So they've beaten the game in a few weeks. cool? at least it's JPN so they have some sort of healthcare system right? I guess with no worries of health debt you can really just do whatever you want in between working. Luckies.

you mean TPS? Nah they're NA players

though I guess that's not mutually exclusive with having a healthcare system since Sfia at least is in New Zealand

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Barreft posted:

source your quotes

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I found out tonight a WAR can pretty easily solo the 83 dungeon final boss, but it takes a long long time.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

WAR is pretty ridiculous right now, I'm surprised they didn't get a nerf.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I imagine they are going to hold off any significant nerfs or balance changes until at least they see how Savage shakes out. So far everything they did was basically QoL except the Dragoon/Summoner buffs

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m levelling alt jobs and started levelling WAR and realized how good they are at healing themselves. WAR is amazingly good, so when you are a healer and run with a bad one it’s painfully obvious because I’m sitting there constantly healing them going “please hit your drat buttons so I can do damage too.”

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
A nerf wasn't imperative for 6.05 since WAR's biggest gains are (mostly) outside of current raids. They *might* get nerfed in 6.1, as we'd be past the bleeding edge of Savage and it'd give the dev team more time to consider/test any changes. Personally I'd increase DRK survivability in trash pulls before nerfing WAR, but I favor rising tides instead of nerf bats

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't do savage raids, so I guess my perspective is warped relative to what the main focus of balancing is. Even aside from balance between tanks though, it just feels like the amount of self-sustain they have undermines importance of the healer role a bit, as some posts here have indicated (though healers might be fine with that).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I found out tonight a WAR can pretty easily solo the 83 dungeon final boss, but it takes a long long time.

That boss really doesn't do a lot of damage unless you purposefully stand in stuff. I've had a number of runs of that place where the healer dies to the chasing AOEs (do those have a proper name?) but we've finished the run anyway because just run out of the big explosion and you're good.

I can see it taking awhile with just a WAR though.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
UCOB world race was also really wild because it was basically done at a normal player's prog pace. People only took two days of PTO for it, expecting that would be all it needed, because nobody had a sense of what Ultimate was like at that point.

Sinteres posted:

I don't do savage raids, so I guess my perspective is warped relative to what the main focus of balancing is. Even aside from balance between tanks though, it just feels like the amount of self-sustain they have undermines importance of the healer role a bit, as some posts here have indicated (though healers might be fine with that).

the thing is, the tank problems are really just in dungeons, which shouldn't be the balance priority. relative to each other, the tanks are pretty reasonable in any situation where you're not taking 20 autoattacks at once from 20 different targets.

it's the same with the melee problems, numbers are mostly okay, it's more an issue of gamefeel. dragoon feels like it's doing a lot more work for less gain compared to reaper, even though when the work is done well, it's right up there. similar to the problems ninja has always had, really.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 5, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Do PF groups for learning savage fights usually stick around for a good while? I've never been that interested in doing savage before but these look fun, and unfortunately I probably won't be playing enough to dive in for a little bit. Mostly wondering if I try in a month or two if there'll still be people in PF learning fights or if most people will have either gotten their clears or moved onto something else by then.

This is all assuming I don't stick one toe into the PF waters and immediately bolt in the other direction, of course.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Harrow posted:

Do PF groups for learning savage fights usually stick around for a good while? I've never been that interested in doing savage before but these look fun, and unfortunately I probably won't be playing enough to dive in for a little bit. Mostly wondering if I try in a month or two if there'll still be people in PF learning fights or if most people will have either gotten their clears or moved onto something else by then.

This is all assuming I don't stick one toe into the PF waters and immediately bolt in the other direction, of course.

learning groups do stay around, but player quality in learning groups will experience a pretty sharp drop after about a month and a half. it's still doable, just more of a crapshoot. a good bet is to get people who have cleared to help, or at least learn alongside a few consistent people you can communicate with, but not a full static.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think all the tanks can solo most bosses if their time is worthless

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

learning groups do stay around, but player quality in learning groups will experience a pretty sharp drop after about a month and a half. it's still doable, just more of a crapshoot. a good bet is to get people who have cleared to help, or at least learn alongside a few consistent people you can communicate with, but not a full static.

Definitely not opposed to bringing in people who have cleared if they feel like helping so I suppose I'll ask around the goon FCs/Discord when the time comes.

Either that or light a fire under my rear end and try to get into it in the next couple weeks, I guess. Part of it is that I don't have a ton of gil so the prospect of buying a bunch of crafted gear and then trying to pentameld it so I can contribute the way I should right now is pretty daunting.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

maps are: fun

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

maps are: fun

I made it into a portal 6 times and I want to do more. So far I think joining the hunt train going on at the same time would have been more profitable, but hunt trains are way more soul deadening, especially right now with the instance transfers. And maybe I'll strike it rich with something in there one of these times, idk.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 5, 2022

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Harrow posted:

Definitely not opposed to bringing in people who have cleared if they feel like helping so I suppose I'll ask around the goon FCs/Discord when the time comes.

Either that or light a fire under my rear end and try to get into it in the next couple weeks, I guess. Part of it is that I don't have a ton of gil so the prospect of buying a bunch of crafted gear and then trying to pentameld it so I can contribute the way I should right now is pretty daunting.

if you've been funneling all your gear from normals into your main job, you should be just about on par with a non-pentameld crafted by now (after this week's clears), which is certainly enough. pentamelding isn't as big of a gain is all that, the most important thing is to match item level in order to have as much HP as possible to survive mechanics.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

In Alphascape 2.0, this was uh... interesting. Is this a bot or something? I can't imagine a new player/boost is somehow using mudras more than their 123 but, here we are.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

WAR already had dungeon sustain in ShB similar to what it has now. It's just that they rolled the healing effect into Raw Intuition/Bloodwhetting and normalized the healing amounts. You could heal through packs with Nascent Flash good enough in the last expansion.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Harrow posted:

Most P1S groups that I saw in PF only had an ilvl req of 475, which means you can get in with a mixture of Normal/EX/tomestone gear, plus maybe a couple crafted pieces. That should be plenty to kill the first two bosses, get a couple pieces of gear, and then another 1-2 from the new tomestones.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Studium question: does Jude acknowledge if you keep choosing the “get a hold of yourself” option every time?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is there really no final quest after doing role quests?

Oh well. At least I have a tank at 90 now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Consummate Professional posted:

Is there really no final quest after doing role quests?

Oh well. At least I have a tank at 90 now.

The ShB capstone wasn't there right away was it?

Or maybe there was a capstone but the other quests were in a later patch

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
They did mention at some point that the finale to the role quests would be 6.1 or later.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I bet they'll add a capstone with 6.1. I'm curious if anyone has any speculation to what a capstone will look like, given that the role quests aren't nearly as intertwined as the ShB ones were.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Flytitle posted:

They did mention at some point that the finale to the role quests would be 6.1 or later.

Oh, that makes sense. I really loved how the ShB ones shook out so I was a bit disappointed by this series.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm really curious what kind of capstone they'll make for the Endwalker role quests, because ultimately they're all about following up old plot threads that didn't fit into the EW MSQ. What else could tie them all together?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm really curious what kind of capstone they'll make for the Endwalker role quests, because ultimately they're all about following up old plot threads that didn't fit into the EW MSQ. What else could tie them all together?

I could see it being like deciding a new direction for the Eorzean Alliance as a whole. Like, what are they going to do now that all the blasphemies are taken care of and the Garleans are gone? Does it just fall apart into infighting again? How do they maintain this peace they've forged between former enemies? Y'know, stuff like that.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Regalingualius posted:

Studium question: does Jude acknowledge if you keep choosing the “get a hold of yourself” option every time?

I don't think so but I chose it every time because it was the logical choice

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

this is the tensest I've ever been in ffxiv

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Holy smokes.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, what do you need to do for maps again? Now I am interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleared P1S. But I'm sure we're going to feel very embarrassed when we look up the pug strat and realize how badly we overcomplicated it.