Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So this are those NFTs I hear about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Covermeinsunshine posted:

So this are those NFTs I hear about

For the low, low price of $500 000 I'll sell you a link to an uploaded picture of a scrunt.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

A feral scrunt

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Mondays, amirite?

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
These are all amazing, but I like Grampy

They have a very Jim Henson feel to them

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

lilljonas posted:

Ramshackle has the same monster design philosophy as Grendel: a solid lump of resin with some texture on it. You could wreck a home invader's day real bad with those things.

We don't have guns here (except for farmers and farmers' mums) so we have to resort to bludgeoning them with warhams. Ramshackle is a fine purveyor of home-defense/wargaming miniatures. GW's flimsy plastic, while sharp, has nothing on these boys!

They're building up their Ork range, too. Lots of neat vehicles, made in a premium resin for even sharper details, and conversion bits.

The owner is an acquaintance, if you're wondering why I'm up selling it, but I honestly like the stuff. I panic-brought some of GW's older Ork boxes with plans to use them with the legs Ramshackle sells, as It would allow me to have Orks without the sticky-out-butt but still be multipose.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

See, if someone did a painting of ominous giant covid tests scattering the landscape, it would be cool.

This is just gross

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

See, if someone did a painting of ominous giant covid tests scattering the landscape, it would be cool.

This is just gross

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This is just gross

i think its kinda cool

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Goddamnit, I thought those were levels and it was real cool how they were perfectly vertical.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

moths posted:

Goddamnit, I thought those were levels and it was real cool how they were perfectly vertical.

I thought they were vapes at first glance.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Not gonna lie, I was afraid of the field of Necron pregnancy tests at first.

I'm not sure if this is better.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

These are all amazing, but I like Grampy

They have a very Jim Henson feel to them

Is this the Scruntfather?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Grim and gritty Grug reboot looking good.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Jim Henson’s Scrunt Babies

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Huge misspost nvm

Covermeinsunshine fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 8, 2022

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

This is the thread for "Look at the weird thing!" figures (both good weird and bad weird). The "I painted a thing!" thread is this one here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's p cool though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think using negative covid tests in some way that isn't "landfill" is kinda neat

Just rub them down with a bit of alcohol or hot soapy water first

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

SiKboy posted:

This is the thread for "Look at the weird thing!" figures (both good weird and bad weird). The "I painted a thing!" thread is this one here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I dunno, it would probably give some GW players a twitch so qualifies as a cool thing.

Moola posted:

I think using negative covid tests in some way that isn't "landfill" is kinda neat

Just rub them down with a bit of alcohol or hot soapy water first

I'm torn on it. Every time I use a lateral flow I'm vaguely depressed it is single use plastic headed for a dump.

On the other hand it is probably a biohazard as you are squeezing mucus into the spongey interior.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Just another Saturday night.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Huge misspost nvm

That's a neat mini, I have that month's release. Does it feel more like a giant in person? Looking at the stl it really just felt like a scaled up human.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

MCPeePants posted:

That's a neat mini, I have that month's release. Does it feel more like a giant in person? Looking at the stl it really just felt like a scaled up human.

Hmm, tough question - I would say she has normal human proportions, whereas most giants I've seen are comically exaggerated and kinda lumpy. The only thing here that is truly gigantic is the head of the hammer, with I think is a bit much.

Ugleb posted:

I dunno, it would probably give some GW players a twitch so qualifies as a cool thing.

Wat?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

She's a fully clothed female. :v:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Z the IVth posted:

She's a fully clothed female. :v:

That and it isn't a GW product (is it?).

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Just another Saturday night.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Ugleb posted:

That and it isn't a GW product (is it?).

Obviously not but I don't see why it would give anyone rised eyebrows

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Obviously not but I don't see why it would give anyone rised eyebrows

I was making a lazy joke about mixing minis and the 40k stereotype gatekeeper looking down on non-GW products.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
If I had to guess sons is probably the number 1 proxy army AoS currently, mostly because how they sell the mancrushers and how pricey it is period

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

GIRL BRAINS posted:

If I had to guess sons is probably the number 1 proxy army AoS currently, mostly because how they sell the mancrushers and how pricey it is period

My guess would be Cities of Sigmar simply because people have a fuckload of old oop poo poo that they try to substitute for everything else + you have a lot of actually decent 3d prints to chose from. Sons are tournament army so you probably don't want to risk bouncing of if organisers rule out non-gw minis

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
https://imgur.com/gallery/HmiBI0D

Tactical lobster....

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

That end result is pretty amazing. The best Metal Slug boss.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
also as a battleship that is clearly a strategic lobster

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Can.kolle ver crustacia

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Not completely sure if this belongs here, but dunno where else to share it.

So I've been making some armies with my shiny new 3d printer. Found a dope barbarian lady. Set her up in the slicing software, adjusted the size of the base and changed her to match (as the model came covered in supports so it was hard to see it directly). Assumed that if the base was the right scale, she would be too, right?

Big Lady. :swoon:

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

This is the Dystopian Wars reboot we wanted

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

So I've been making some armies with my shiny new 3d printer. Found a dope barbarian lady. Set her up in the slicing software, adjusted the size of the base and changed her to match (as the model came covered in supports so it was hard to see it directly). Assumed that if the base was the right scale, she would be too, right?

I love

Big lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010