Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

taken from "See What You Made Me Do: Power, Control, and Domestic Abuse", by Jess Hill

buddy do you have one for the origin of brainwashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

smarxist posted:

MindWars sounds like a romanticized name the the trump era

I'd been waiting on reading it for a while. I'll post the good stuff.

I try to not read most the crazy books I buy for sanity reasons, but I'll venture into the "thought architecture" zone for you guys.

TheGoonspiracist has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Jan 5, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

that list of dedications is amazing :laffo:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tag yourself im Dennis Kucinich

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm Grace Slick

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Here are the reasons I hadn't even looked through it yet.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm David Carradine

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm David Carradine

User was permabanned for tuggin'

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

I have to read the presidio scam book

Also what the gently caress is IlluminAnX

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

"The Church of Satan"/"The Satanic Abuse Scam" is some real "questions answered by my T-shirt" energy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What the gently caress is this

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

smarxist posted:

MindWars sounds like a romanticized name the the trump era

I liked it when Shatner called it TekWar.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

my bony fealty posted:

im bruce lee

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
also i would just like to congratulate the denizens of this thread on *completely* ignoring the rape apologist dnd mod popping his head in here to ask a stupid loving question. just not even a single response. FOH. beautiful.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
come on do the mindwar

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

holy poo poo this is the author of the morlindale

the morlindale, if you didn't know, is an atrociously terrible piece of fan fiction based off of the lord of the rings' in-universe mythopoetic history -- the uncut china white of lotr nerd poo poo. the morlindale is a sympathetic perspective of the lotr universe's satan character and his (newly invented) big titty goth gf. it's full of deviantart quality anime drawings, too:
https://www.amazon.com/Morlindale-Illuminate-Darkness-One-Ring/dp/1512232122?asin=1512232122&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the morlindale, if you didn't know, is an atrociously terrible piece of fan fiction based off of the lord of the rings' in-universe mythopoetic history -- the uncut china white of lotr nerd poo poo. the morlindale is a sympathetic perspective of the lotr universe's satan character and his (newly invented) big titty goth gf. it's full of deviantart quality anime drawings, too:
https://www.amazon.com/Morlindale-Illuminate-Darkness-One-Ring/dp/1512232122?asin=1512232122&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

I always go to Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality when it comes to lovely fan fiction. Imagine the first Harry Potter book but 9x as long and about Harry being a Ben Shapiro debate lord to wizards.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

of course Michael Aquino wrote LOTR fanfiction :crackping:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

All those teens writing DBZ fanfiction with their own Original the Characters beating Goku are just psyops.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

and his (newly invented) big titty goth gf

well now im conflicted

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kinda wanna read it.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Azathoth posted:

well now im conflicted

the Amazon lord of the rings show could learn something from this morlindale

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So that's where the Ubisoft people took their Shelob from.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

my bony fealty posted:

bruce lee lol

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
MOLOCH WORSHIPING DEMON CRACKER SAVAGES

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4395458/george-floyd-great-niece-arianna-daddy-ive-hit/

quote:

BED BLAST George Floyd’s great niece Arianna, 4, cried ‘Daddy I’ve been hit’ after being shot in her bed by gunman after protests

GEORGE Floyd's four-year-old great-niece cried “Daddy I’ve been hit” after being shot in her bed in an attack at their Texas family home

Arianna Delane, who had to undergo surgery in Houston over the weekend after bullets punctured her lung, liver and broke three ribs, was thought to have been the victim of a targeted hit.

At the time of the shooting, four adults and two children were inside the home on Yellowstone Blvd in south Houston.

The father said Arianna, who is expected to survive her terrible wounds, was sleeping in her bed when the shooting took place.

Holding back tears, he told ABC: "My daughter jumped up and said, 'Daddy, I've been hit.”

Cops have not revealed a motive nor have they provided a description of the suspect.

But the little girl’s family said they know who opened fire, and have suggested the shooting was targeted, without commenting further on a motive.

The child reportedly attended several protests last year to honor her slain uncle.

ABC 13 aired footage last year of the family, including Arianna, reacting to Derek Chauvin being found guilty in Floyd's murder.

Arianna's mom is Floyd's niece Bianca, whose mother is his sister, LaTonya.

Floyd was the oldest of George Perry and Larcenia Jones Floyd's five children.

His two brothers are Rodney and Philonise, and his other sister is Bridgett.

Floyd died on May 25, 2020, shortly after being arrested for allegedly attempting to use a counterfeit $20 bill to buy cigarettes at a grocery store.

His death triggered worldwide protests against racism and police brutality.

Chauvin, one of the police officers involved, was found guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter in the death of Floyd.

Soon after the tragic incident, a video surfaced of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck while he was lying on the ground for more than nine minutes.

Floyd's dying words, "I can't breathe," became a rallying cry for street demonstrators.

The city of Minneapolis identified three other officers, Tou Thao, Thomas Lane, and J Alexander Kueng, who witnessed Floyd's death and did nothing to intervene.

All officers have been fired from the department.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1478742727076495366

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

:unsmigghh:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
watched the oliver stone doc on JFK. really, really good. apparently there's a four-hour version in the works.

the conclusion i've drawn is that kennedy really did have this liberal foreign policy vision that would have been a disaster for U.S. hegemony. he also probably thought otherwise, but the military and CIA had other ideas.

he was operating from a liberal hypothesis (pretty catholic seeming) that communism was part of a crisis of technological advance, a reaction to culture shock in backwards countries. the idea was that the communists were an opportunistic conspiracy in these places so his plan was to assist governments with popular mandates to resist while they still could, but explicitly felt that if a country's people were in favor of the communists or anything else that should be respected because the U.S. had no chance of beating an entire population anyways

so it's less "kennedy = no intervention" vs. "CIA = intervention" and more different strategies that were extremely incompatible

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

:eyepop:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Ghislaine Maxwell trial sketch NFTs.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I was going to make a "pedophilia ...but with Bitcoin!" joke, but then I realized it wouldnt even change anything

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol wait so jizzlain's conviction might get overturned because a juror got molested and he talked about it?

lmao @ the justice system

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i have never gotten jury duty and i would tell all kinds of lies to make sure i got through the selection process, so respect to that guy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Big time sex abusers constantly getting released on technicalities may sound hosed up, but who am I to judge?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Occam's razor was an op

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

oh my god

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Knitting Beetles posted:

Occam's razor was an op

It's useful for a narrow set of things but it gets applied to situations and concepts for which it carries no water but it's an easy way to shut down inconvenient conversations and soothes the minds of people who cannot handle the darkness of reality imo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knitting Beetles posted:

Occam's razor was an op

Lisa Simpson would never wrong me like that.

What's that? Who rode on the lolita express?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

watched the oliver stone doc on JFK. really, really good. apparently there's a four-hour version in the works.

the conclusion i've drawn is that kennedy really did have this liberal foreign policy vision that would have been a disaster for U.S. hegemony. he also probably thought otherwise, but the military and CIA had other ideas.

he was operating from a liberal hypothesis (pretty catholic seeming) that communism was part of a crisis of technological advance, a reaction to culture shock in backwards countries. the idea was that the communists were an opportunistic conspiracy in these places so his plan was to assist governments with popular mandates to resist while they still could, but explicitly felt that if a country's people were in favor of the communists or anything else that should be respected because the U.S. had no chance of beating an entire population anyways

so it's less "kennedy = no intervention" vs. "CIA = intervention" and more different strategies that were extremely incompatible

Read ‘JFK and the Unspeakable’