Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Released a couple actual games and now they expect me to play them and not more nes bubble bobble? Ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m assuming they’ll refund people?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So... does anyone want to play Among Us tomorrow? Or soon?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Lammasu posted:

So... does anyone want to play Among Us tomorrow? Or soon?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

So Maybe?

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
Am I doomed to never get an Halo Xbox Series X at retail price?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

American McGay posted:

Works on my machine.

Mine too. Is it possible it was an error?
Apparently you have to have a “store presence” within 90 days.
Boo. Maybe we can still fly under the radar.

otter fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 5, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Argento posted:

I managed to get a series s from the Xbox store so I guess things are getting better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Olija's best part is the animated trailer made to promote it that isn't in the game.

Argento posted:

The limited edition version of a console they can't make enough of is probably going to be hard to find at retail price, I would think.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I wanted the halo box for a while too and held out as long as I could but said screw it, it doesn't really matter and decided to open up the regular Series X box I had sitting around for weeks.

From what I can tell the scalper market for the Series X has really dried up and people are barely selling them for more than MSRP + tax so it's not even worth trying to do anymore at least out here in Northern California.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On the bright side the regular series X looks way less stupid than the Halo one and only costs 1-$200 over MSRP instead of $500

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Argento posted:

I legitimately don't know why you think you would be able to get a 2 month old limited edition console at retail price, considering it's near impossible to get a non-limited edition at retail price right now.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Argento posted:

Zero chance I’d say, you will still struggle to get a standard series x at retail price.

I was hoping to get the elite halo controller but can’t see it anywhere :(

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
if you live near the canadian border you can probably just order one from here to a shipping centre and cross the border to get it, i think the stock is better here

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://gamr13.github.io/index.html

I guess you can go here in retail mode on the edge browser for the time being and download emulators directly. The Sonic games at the bottom require you downloading the (free) mobile apps and extracting a data file.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Rainbow Six Extraction coming to Game Pass on day one, January 20th. Siege will also be coming to PC Game Pass on the same day. I've always been kind of tempted to try Siege, but not enough to pay actual dollars for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UBISoft is bring Rainbow Six Extraction to gamepass day 1, and uPlay+ is coming to gamepass on just Xbox at some point this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

Rainbow Six Extraction coming to Game Pass on day one, January 20th. Siege will also be coming to PC Game Pass on the same day. I've always been kind of tempted to try Siege, but not enough to pay actual dollars for it.

Siege is very good!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

UBISoft is bring Rainbow Six Extraction to gamepass day 1, and uPlay+ is coming to gamepass on just Xbox at some point this year.
I'm not seeing anything about uPlay+ getting rolled into Game Pass, just that the service is coming to Xbox consoles at some point soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

I'm not seeing anything about uPlay+ getting rolled into Game Pass, just that the service is coming to Xbox consoles at some point soon.

Ooh wait, you're right. I misunderstood their announcement.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Kins posted:

I find Extraction to be so weird. I mean most of dead man Tom Clancy's stuff is hyper realistic techno thriller but with this aliens.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Lammasu posted:

I find Extraction to be so weird. I mean most of dead man Tom Clancy's stuff is hyper realistic techno thriller but with this aliens.
it worked as a special R6 siege limited event, not sure if it would work standalone. Gamepass is exactly what it needs.

Pretty much every coop centered game should be on gamepass

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Speaking of, does Spelunky 2 have couch + online co-op?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

External Organs posted:

Yes to both

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

External Organs posted:

It has local and online co-op, but you can't do both simultaneously (you know, like two people on one system and two people on another).

Crossplay with other platforms is planned, but not out yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was so hype for splunky 2 after playing and beating the first and then it owned me too much and too capriciously even for me as a big fan

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Real hurthling! posted:

I was so hype for splunky 2 after playing and beating the first and then it owned me too much and too capriciously even for me as a big fan

Same, it just gets too nasty too fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1478784957325717506

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

welcome posted:

Same, it just gets too nasty too fast.

I got to the "final" level one time and immediately died

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I prefer to not play Ubisoft games the old fashioned way, by buying them and sitting them on my shelf.
Despite having purchased each of the Far Cry games i have yet to even load one up and play. Or Rayman Legends. Or Scott Pilgrim or...
You're not going to get me to pay $15/mo to not play their games. They think they're so clever... hey wait a minute...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they all suck lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked each of ubisofts franchises the first time i played one. Then they made more exactly the same and i dont bother

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've never played an Assassin's Creed and at this point I'm too afraid to try.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You can get the full Ubisoft+ experience by visiting the discount bin near the door of your local GameStop.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

External Organs posted:

I've never played an Assassin's Creed and at this point I'm too afraid to try.
AC1 was pretty dull. I liked AC2 a lot. Never got around to the rest.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Ubisoft are the undisputed kings of making games I have absolutely zero interest in. Bethesda in a distant second place.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/DrinkBoxStudios/status/1478803493452279810?t=UwQQu1Q2iDoJY4HJvFayTw&s=19

Another perfect Game Pass game, one that I'll play and enjoy but absolutely would feel stupid paying $20 for. The Xbox has usurped the Switch as my indie gaming machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Fenix rising was a nice little Felecia Day simulator.