Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I remember at one point uTorrent pushed an update that secretly installing mining software. After I did the install foolishly without reading the fine print my CPU fan audibly spun up and something as obviously up. I had to totally format the HDD and reinstall Windows before I felt clean again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Legit waiting for my poo poo multinational employer to install miners on all our workstations as a means to "boost profits".

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hot Diggity! posted:

Starting a Divinity: Original Sin 2 run tonight with three other people.

It's dorf battlemage time.

Update: game very fun and it was very funny how one guy kept accidentally starting fights with literally every NPC because the PS controls are kinda wonky.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Norton has been effectively malware since like 1990, lol. I had friends whose computers got hosed by it and this was the DOS days.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s 2:25 AM and I just spent the past 30 minutes getting a bird back outside. The dogs woke me up to take them out and it flew in when I had the door open.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Drive-thru apid test schedule at 10am.

Sore throat, dizzy spells, bad sinus sx (congestion, face aches ear to ear), body aches.

I fell asleep pretty early last night and couldn't sleep past 0400. Gonna be a great day :jerkbag:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Damnit goons, stop getting sick!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Much like any other crisis in America, I am profoundly annoyed at the Biden admin trying to shift responsibility to individual Americans with no help.

gently caress off, old man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Damnit goons, stop getting sick!

This! It seems to be a nationwide issue. Even beyond COVID. My wife is currently in her second round of influenza A so it's been a real fun couple weeks. Thankfully I've avoided any kind of sickness but I'd imagine my luck will run out soon. I ran to get a few groceries last night and it was amazing to me how few people were wearing masks despite the obvious issues going on. The cold and cough medicine aisle was wiped out. Never seen anything like it.

On a personal positive note, I did 3 sets of 6 unassisted chin ups last night. Felt like a big achievement considering when I started training I needed bands to assist doing any.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Hot Diggity! posted:

Update: game very fun and it was very funny how one guy kept accidentally starting fights with literally every NPC because the PS controls are kinda wonky.

I love the first one and from what I've played of the 2nd one as well. The biggest thing is that the fort is so massive if you try and complete everything you can kind of get bogged down. But I always love seeing people playing it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m jealous of everyone playing cool co-op games with their pals, the only thing my friends ever want to play is Madden and they’ve moved onto 2022 and I’m NOT paying $60 for another Madden game.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s 2:25 AM and I just spent the past 30 minutes getting a bird back outside. The dogs woke me up to take them out and it flew in when I had the door open.
A couple of months ago a bird rocketed down my chimney and across the living room and went bonkers, but then the second it got within three feet of the floor an orange blur of cat snatched it and ran off across the house with it. So not only did I have to figure out how to separate a bird from cat jaws, I had to fight off a determined cat afterwards while still trying to capture a bird and let it back outside. :argh:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

I’m jealous of everyone playing cool co-op games with their pals, the only thing my friends ever want to play is Madden and they’ve moved onto 2022 and I’m NOT paying $60 for another Madden game.

A couple of months ago a bird rocketed down my chimney and across the living room and went bonkers, but then the second it got within three feet of the floor an orange blur of cat snatched it and ran off across the house with it. So not only did I have to figure out how to separate a bird from cat jaws, I had to fight off a determined cat afterwards while still trying to capture a bird and let it back outside. :argh:

This reminded me of when I came home one day and found bird feathers scattered across my kitchen. I think a bird swooped in through the kitchen hood exhaust, and one of my cats must have quickly disposed of it. I could find no other evidence of the bird.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

T-Square posted:

Our cat runs away from us when he brings mice up from the basement, which, because of how our house is laid out, means he sprints toward the bedroom.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Stay safe, y'all. Seeing how many cases are spiking across the U.S...it's pretty frightening.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

Stay safe, y'all. Seeing how many cases are spiking across the U.S...it's pretty frightening.

Everywhere just straight giving up and hospitals forcing covid posi staff to work is cracking me.

CDC just being like, please stay home if you've got symptoms, unless you work there, in which case get to work bitch.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

I feel like Lithgow screaming about something on the wing. that version is the one I identify with

Mask usage is trash around here too.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

This reminded me of when I came home one day and found bird feathers scattered across my kitchen. I think a bird swooped in through the kitchen hood exhaust, and one of my cats must have quickly disposed of it. I could find no other evidence of the bird.

I saw a mouse scampering around a month ago or so for a few days and neither of them seemed very interested in it, but then I never saw it again. Soon after I found one singular mouse-sized internal organ on the floor, so whichever one ate it must have been a little picky.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I feel like Lithgow screaming about something on the wing. that version is the one I identify with

Mask usage is trash around here too.

Mask usage here is still high, and vaccination rate is like 78%, which is about as high as it’ll get until they get more kids approved. There’s been feet dragging over that.

I’m not sure how they’re going to roll out boosts, but mine would be in February or March. Definitely getting it ASAP of course.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

T-Square posted:

I saw a mouse scampering around a month ago or so for a few days and neither of them seemed very interested in it, but then I never saw it again. Soon after I found one singular mouse-sized internal organ on the floor, so whichever one ate it must have been a little picky.

Once thought there was something horrifically wrong with one of our cats when I found some puke that had bloody chunks in it. I never thought I'd be so relieved to find a half-eaten mouse.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SundayMoney posted:

I love the first one and from what I've played of the 2nd one as well. The biggest thing is that the fort is so massive if you try and complete everything you can kind of get bogged down. But I always love seeing people playing it.

I imagine we're going to spend too much time there. We played about two hours last night and still really haven't done anything of consequence in the fort aside from fighting turtles and losing a fight to people on the boat by the turtles.

I'm a dwarf battlemage named Stumpy. Everyone else stuck with the random generated names so having a really dumb one has been fun.

Really gotta pick a different day for it though because having Gloomhaven on Monday followed by D:OS2 on Tuesday is Too Much Nerd poo poo.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 5, 2022

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Oh hell yes, Waterworld playing at the second run theater this weekend, gonna get real baked and watch Hopper go nuts

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If these iHealth home tests are to be trusted, this sore throat I've been dealing with for over a week is not COVID-19. I want to get an antibody test when I get back to PDX tho just to make sure.

My brother-in-law went back to the office today & he's not happy about it. His boss is about to declare that people can WFH via Zoom soon which he likes, but is against Kaiser Permanente's general policy so said boss may get fired. Also my brother-in-law is required to use N95 or better masks while dealing with patients but his work won't supply any.

:911:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

The workload and watching COVID patients slowly die over the course of a month+ is bad enough, but the lack of management support and extra stress of getting constant text messages asking her to pick up additional work is what finally broke my wife working as an RT. Her "breaking" means getting in contact with a travel agency to do contracts in the metro area and only working her minimum required at her current job. Taking on extra work seems counter-intuitive, but it will let her disconnect from work when she walks out of the door in the morning. Also the contracts pay an obscene amount, and there is one available at the hospital she worked at for 10 years and still gets along with the managers.

That has been your BJOT's wife being and RT during COVID update.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I have covid lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Fs in the chat

3.5 days later, still waiting for my PCR results

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Hope you're ok dude :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Hope your okay and not forced back to work in 4 days

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

:negative:

hoping for the fastest non-long-covid recovery

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

RIP. Just kidding I was fine after a week other than sometimes getting light-headed when I run, more than a month later so I believe in you!

Was it a home testing kit or did you go in somewhere to get tested? My wife and my dad both had positive home tests in the last couple of weeks that were contradicted by in-clinic tests taken shortly after.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Oh no! I hope you get better quickly.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

f

sorry dude, hope its genuinely mild and not the kind of mild the gov't keeps talking about.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

I just said don’t get sick! Sorry dude. Hope it’s a quick recovery.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry you're sick, LeeMajors! Hope you recover quickly!

Just called to get booster appts for my two eldest kids and the clinic will need to call me next week to schedule because they have too many nurses out sick. Sounds about right.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

me too bro

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thanks all. I woke up early after knocking myself out with mucinex last night. Got an appt w CVS minute clinic. Did one of their antigen tests.

Had headaches starting Monday at work. Then big sinus stuff hit yesterday. Got muscle aches similar to my post-vax yesterday afternoon. Smell and taste are intact. I actually feel better today than yesterday. Supposed to be 5 days isolated then a negative test for work. We will see how that goes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Rest and stay healthy LM :ohdear:

My mom is mostly feeling better from her infection, but of course Dad caught it too and while his symptoms aren't too bad he definitely got it worse than mom did. My unvaccinated sisters are also Covid positive now and Mom says they feel like poo poo.

Like it's a terrible, stupid choice but I just hope sis and her wife get better and learn something from this. They're not chuds or anything. :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m just going to do my best not to get addicted to this neosynephrine nasal spray.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Raku posted:

me too bro

Sorry dudes that sucks rear end and get well soon

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's crazy how many more people I know have been affected this time around compared to even 2020 (pre-vaccine). I'm at my second close contact in three weeks now.

Stay safe goons. Hoping for speedy recoveries for LeeMajors, Raku, and anyone else who catches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I have covid lol

Lol

Lmao

Be well Internet friend.