Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Good poo poo

https://twitter.com/danwnews/status/1478758573253529603?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good for them but also "Milo, Sage, Rhian, Jake" could our lads/lasses sound more British.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction posted:

Good for them but also "Milo, Sage, Rhian, Jake" could our lads/lasses sound more British.

Big riding my penny farthing to the artisan bakers vibes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1478434363754926080

:(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Huh, never expected they'd get off. Good news, tho :)

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

Important tweet if you accidentally clicked on some dumbass hot take merchant and now your youtube recs are full of fash:

https://twitter.com/NightBreeze1079/status/1478505823567503370

other important tweets:

e: Class 17 arriving from Kidderminster

You can delete videos from your youtube watch history and then they won't affect your recommendations anymore:

Go here: https://www.youtube.com/feed/history?hl=en_GB

Click on "Watch and search history" on the right hand menu.

Use the search near the top of that page to find the videos you want to remove.

From those two pages you can also set up auto delete every [x] months, delete all vids from a date range, pause recording of watch history and other stuff that can be very useful.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

I mean that's just the cast of every British politics podcast. Yes even PiP.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Why was it just those four that were put on trial, anyway? Are those the ones the police managed to track down or the ones who were willing to contest it in court or what

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Christ that's rough. I can't imagine having to work anywhere close to that field.

On a selfish note the idea of having a life threatening emergency is pretty scary right now. Even if you have the meant to get yourself to A&E rather than wait for an ambulance there'll be situations where you can't be safely moved without one.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Angepain posted:

Why was it just those four that were put on trial, anyway? Are those the ones the police managed to track down or the ones who were willing to contest it in court or what
The former I think, they were charged with causing criminal damage together with "others unknown".

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Angepain posted:

Judging by the last few years of world events it's probably because there was a YouTube video that went
"What's up folks, it's your boi, Rhian.
I'm here at this protest against the staute of Colston at Bristol and we are going to pull the whole thing down.
Before I do this, I would like to say to my viewers that at this point I have specifically formed the Mens Rea for criminal damage in my head.
All right, let's do this! Sage! Milo! Jake! Help me push."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Judging by the last few years of world events it's probably because there was a YouTube video that went
I'm here at this protest against the staute of Colston at Bristol and we are going to pull the whole thing down.
Before I do this, I would like to say to my viewers that at this point I have specifically formed the Mens Rea for criminal damage in my head.

I would subscribe to that channel, they sound based

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Tesseraction posted:

Would they have been found not guilty if they weren't all white? 4D-Chess Conspiracy: CPS were under political pressure from Number 10 to charge people so they found the most white middleclass bunch they could, in the hope it would derail any subsequent charges against other groups.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
For my TV needs I just want access to every episode of Time Team so I can watch a third of one every lunchtime. And the means to do so on a Sky box with Netflix and Amazon connected doesn't seem to be there. :(

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
So they've just announced that you no longer need a negative Covid test to enter the UK.

This loving government, man. They're running really low on tests, so they literally juat seize upon the first idea that comes into one of their heads and say 'yeah, let's just do that.'

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So has the need to isolate for people arriving from foreign stopped immediately or not until one of these 4am deadlines?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Bristol proving once again that it's The Best City

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The Perfect Element posted:

So they've just announced that you no longer need a negative Covid test to enter the UK.

This loving government, man. They're running really low on tests, so they literally juat seize upon the first idea that comes into one of their heads and say 'yeah, let's just do that.'

Oh no we might import more covid into the country!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Honestly that result in the Colston trial is loving incredible. Yet another reminder of how brilliant a jury based system is.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Honestly that result in the Colston trial is loving incredible. Yet another reminder of how brilliant a jury based system is.

I'm sure Patel has an idea about how to deal with the issue of Activist Juries.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

4D-Chess Conspiracy: CPS were under political pressure from Number 10 to charge people so they found the most white middleclass bunch they could, in the hope it would derail any subsequent charges against other groups.

lol if you think the CPS aren't champing at the bit to get as many people locked up as possible, regardless of if they actually committed the crime(s) they were charged with

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Perfect Element posted:

What difference does it make? This is Plague Island

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Once El Cid season 3, The Boys season 3 and The Expanse season 6 are all on Amazon Prime i shall subscribe for a month and watch the whole lot, mid to late 2022 by my thinking. :-)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

That sounds like an incredible level of meta-comedy if they did tbf.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So has the need to isolate for people arriving from foreign stopped immediately or not until one of these 4am deadlines?

Grant Schapps has answered me. Yes they need to still isolate until after 4am friday morning.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just found a cool toy, where some total nerd has recreated Ceefax in a browser (updating from bbc website). Site is getting hammered right now as the Guardian just did a front page feature on it.

https://www.nathanmediaservices.co.uk/teletext-viewer/

alt link

https://zxnet.co.uk/teletext/viewer/

You can also install it on a raspberry pi and run through your tv if you have the technical nous to do so.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 5, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Szmitten posted:

For my TV needs I just want access to every episode of Time Team so I can watch a third of one every lunchtime. And the means to do so on a Sky box with Netflix and Amazon connected doesn't seem to be there. :(

There are a lot of episodes on Youtube (I don't know how many exactly)
Also 11 series on All4
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/on-demand/16521-001

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Julio Cruz posted:

lol if you think the CPS aren't champing at the bit to get as many people locked up as possible, regardless of if they actually committed the crime(s) they were charged with
No good conspiracy theory ever let reality get in the way.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

sinky posted:

I'm sure Patel has an idea about how to deal with the issue of Activist Juries.

For sure at least one voted labour once under Corbyn's leadership so any opinion they have about anything is invalid. See dad of very sick child in hospital railing against Boris (or whatever it was).

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There are a lot of episodes on Youtube (I don't know how many exactly)
Also 11 series on All4
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-team/on-demand/16521-001

Yeah I'm aware, there just isn't a way to get it on the TV in a particularly great easy to track way.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Borrovan posted:

This is true again wrt film/tv. Install Plex on your TV, torrent all your poo poo on your PC, no more loving around trying to work out which platform you need to use to watch [x].

The last time I used a public tracker I got an email from Disney via my ISP politely suggesting I stop it or I'd owe them lots of money. Which, considering I was just downloading some light background noise nonsense (think it was Grey's Anatomy. I like lovely medical dramas with lots of episodes OK?) really didn't seem worth it. Using torrents & everything is easy, but keeping up with which sites are actually safe to use & are able to get access to if it's a private tracker is that layer of effort.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Worth mentioning if you have prime, you can also read books free via Kindle Unlimited. Authors get compensated from a weird streaming-type model where Amazon throw a huge pot to the authors that gets distributed based on the anount of page reads. You get free books, and some of them are surprisingly recent.

Of all the poo poo Amazon are evil over, their self publishing side is a really, really good deal for authors compared to the traditional markets, and for once it doesn't seem to be union-busting (yet).

*prime books

kindle unlimited is a separate service that costs £8 but if you try it once you keep getting offered huge discounts on it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

looks like the options are actually Kindle Books, Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading. Which seems nicely confusing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WhatEvil posted:

You can delete videos from your youtube watch history and then they won't affect your recommendations anymore:

Go here: https://www.youtube.com/feed/history?hl=en_GB

Click on "Watch and search history" on the right hand menu.

Use the search near the top of that page to find the videos you want to remove.

From those two pages you can also set up auto delete every [x] months, delete all vids from a date range, pause recording of watch history and other stuff that can be very useful.

There's also an option to simply turn off YouTube history. It doesn't do anything, though; you'll still be recommended videos based on what you've seen before and channels you're subbed to, even if there's nothing in your history.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

forkboy84 posted:

The last time I used a public tracker I got an email from Disney via my ISP politely suggesting I stop it or I'd owe them lots of money. Which, considering I was just downloading some light background noise nonsense (think it was Grey's Anatomy. I like lovely medical dramas with lots of episodes OK?) really didn't seem worth it. Using torrents & everything is easy, but keeping up with which sites are actually safe to use & are able to get access to if it's a private tracker is that layer of effort.

Were you using a VPN? I haven't heard a peep from my ISP in all the time I've been using one (Private Internet Access) and I torrent a lot

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1478798140690030600

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
so official covid policy is now let 'er rip, eh :coronatoot:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

I feel like you've got this the wrong way round. The police are champing at the bit to lock up everyone found to be maliciously in possession of the wrong skin colour and / or political beliefs. The CPS however are loving cowards who won't even look at a case unless there's a video, fingerprints, dna, a full timeline and the accused pleads guilty by saying "I killed her because I'm a complete poo poo" at interview.

There's an obscene amount of rapists and domestic abusers who get let out purely because the CPS regused to charge.

learnincurve posted:

*prime books

kindle unlimited is a separate service that costs £8 but if you try it once you keep getting offered huge discounts on it.
My wife looked into it and I think the difference is that you're allowed to rent multiple books under KU, but you can rent one at a time with Prime. Authors still get paid for their pageviews either way.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Szmitten posted:

There was a glorious period where I would go home from work for lunch and it would coincide perfectly with episodes of Fred Dibnah's various shows being on (I think) Beeb 2. Perfect lunchtime viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I discovered that all the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes are on YouTube, which are like the perfect laid back lunchtime/Sunday afternoon viewing