Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Absolutely nothing, 84-90 is just you fishing with your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

Roughly halfway though the game, the narrator says something to the tune of "you have so many sights left to see", and he is very right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

Please look forward to it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's pretty much just a wrap up after that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you can't make it just FoF before the first Goring Blade. This is called the 'no one will notice nor will it have any effect in the outcome of the battle' comfy strategy.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Saint Freak posted:

If you can't make it just FoF before the first Goring Blade. This is called the 'no one will notice nor will it have any effect in the outcome of the battle' comfy strategy.

XIVanalysis, the harshest mistress of all, will notice. I just want it to tell me I did a good job.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rosalind posted:

XIVanalysis, the harshest mistress of all, will notice. I just want it to tell me I did a good job.

xivanalysis is cruel and unforgiving, there was a running joke in our static last expac about telling our PLD to "try critting Confeitor" because that was some of the advice it would give.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
on further reflection p1 isn't going to be as bad as e9 week to week, but it sure felt as bad in terms of people Not Getting It

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Jehuti posted:

Dang was kinda hoping it was earlier. I wasn't sure since I thought the final floor always gave 100k gil.

it was NOT the final floor reward! Lunatender and the Archangel Wings can drop earlier! I think it's only the music at this point that's strictly final floor.

edit: also no you can't gambler's lure the final floor

Leraika fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 5, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
P1S is going to be outgeared so the damage downs during Intemperance will matter even less. But since the DPS check is light enough week 1 I expect that tanks eating damage down will become the de-facto strategy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah, my group cleared P1S with multiple deaths, a healer LB3, and no potions (because we didn't realize it was a clear run until we noticed the boss was at like 5%). The boss had only just started the aoes prior to the enrage. The DPS check in that fight is a joke.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's not really any mechanic in p1s that'd require the tanks to take a damage down for dps uptime.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Vitamean posted:

there's not really any mechanic in p1s that'd require the tanks to take a damage down for dps uptime.

Elements (if you don't just have N and NW swap after 1st).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The color squares mechanic is just a lot simpler if the tanks do that, though.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Vitamean posted:

It's not so much about uptime as just making the crystals phase as braindead as possible.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I dunno, the crystals phase already feels braindead to me. there's two tower patterns and one of them requires an adjustment depending on whether it goes bottom to top or top to bottom. PF's rammed harder strats through in the past.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Rosalind posted:

Paladin question: I know Fight or Flight windows are supposed to get 11 GCDs in them but I keep missing it about 75% of the time. I'm doing the rotation correctly, my GCD is 2.44, and I use Fight or Flight during the latter half of the GCD window. What could I be doing wrong? Do I need to meld Skill Speed and get my GCD a little lower maybe?

The first thing you'll want to do is confirm that you're not getting 11 GCDs in Fight or Flight. The best way to check is by uploading a log to FFLogs then checking it with XIVAnalysis. Just keep in mind, your attacks snapshot buffs when you press the button, so as long as FoF is still on your buff bar when you hit the last Goring Blade, it's getting buffed even if FoF drops off before damage is applied to the enemy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If I were a tank and someone told me to eat a damage down on purpose I'd report them for a toxic playstyle and expect Yoship to personally beat them with a pool noodle

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

<-
Continually making that face.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I managed to PF it and get a win. The hardest part of the fight is getting a bunch of idiots to understand what strat you are using for the chains and fire/ice. After that hurdle i think the only issue is the one guy who never doe the 4x chains right.

How does taunting work in this game? I was told to taunt during the tankbust casts to take the second half, and 90% of the time that would work but sometimes he would just completely ignore it and gib the main tank. It happened on our kill and we nearly enraged because of it. I am sure i wasn't late on it, i would use it when the cast was at 50% to be sure.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CJ posted:

I managed to PF it and get a win. The hardest part of the fight is getting a bunch of idiots to understand what strat you are using for the chains and fire/ice. After that hurdle i think the only issue is the one guy who never doe the 4x chains right.

How does taunting work in this game? I was told to taunt during the tankbust casts to take the second half, and 90% of the time that would work but sometimes he would just completely ignore it and gib the main tank. It happened on our kill and we nearly enraged because of it.

provoke gives you a very narrow enmity lead over the person currently in first place. In addition to hitting provoke, make sure your tank stance is on. Beyond that, the other tank needs to turn their tank stance off, and possibly use shirk on you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you taunt during the castbar it should hit the main tank with the first part then target you for the 2nd part. if you werent consistent you were probably taunting too late or losing aggro after the taunt.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Generally if you need to provoke off of a tank for a tank swap, you want to use it as the boss is casting an ability, not after it's been cast. So in this case as the boss is casting Grace/The Other One I Forgot you'll provoke then handle your followup accordingly.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cheetah7071 posted:

provoke gives you a very narrow enmity lead over the person currently in first place. In addition to hitting provoke, make sure your tank stance is on. Beyond that, the other tank needs to turn their tank stance off, and possibly use shirk on you.

I would also use your ranged pull move at the same time you are provoking in order to put you over the top for enmity

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/awhackyscorpio/status/1467601606736818182

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It bugs me so much when leveling healers that they get a new trait at level 85 instead of 84.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

It bugs me so much when leveling healers that they get a new trait at level 85 instead of 84.

It's incredibly bizarre.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the balance of garlemald express and the 83 trial must be preserved

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tamba posted:

Roughly halfway though the game, the narrator says something to the tune of "you have so many sights left to see", and he is very right

Imagine how boring things would've been if Tataru hadn't opened that puzzle box.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

cheetah7071 posted:

Does tank stance have to be on for it to put me on top? Looking at the logs i taunted at the mid point of the cast (about 3 seconds before it finished casting), but i didn't use Royal Guard until the oGCD after provoke. i had it down on EX1 but for P1S shirk isn't up for every cast of it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rosalind posted:

:siren:MAJOR:siren: Every use of this buff should include 9GCDs, 4 oGCDs, your social security number, and a puppy.
skill usage: 56/58

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CJ posted:

Does tank stance have to be on for it to put me on top? Looking at the logs i taunted at the mid point of the cast (about 3 seconds before it finished casting), but i didn't use Royal Guard until the oGCD after provoke. i had it down on EX1 but for P1S shirk isn't up for every cast of it.

I believe your stance has no effect on the provoke itself, but I'm wondering if your co-tank was slow about turning their off and you were slow about turning yours on--together, that would give them time to blow through the enmity lead provoke gave you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i believe provoke does like 1000 damage worth of enmity (not actual damage) on top of putting you at the top of the list and that is multiplied by your tank stance

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh right I forgot they changed it a fee expansions ago to actually give you a decentish lead

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Looking at the logs the other tank was in his No Mercy burst window and never turned off Royal Guard so i guess he just immediately stole aggro back. I never even saw him change target on the nameplate so i thought it just didn't work.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Red Metal posted:

The first thing you'll want to do is confirm that you're not getting 11 GCDs in Fight or Flight. The best way to check is by uploading a log to FFLogs then checking it with XIVAnalysis. Just keep in mind, your attacks snapshot buffs when you press the button, so as long as FoF is still on your buff bar when you hit the last Goring Blade, it's getting buffed even if FoF drops off before damage is applied to the enemy.

I did this. I'm missing the 2nd Goring Blade about 50-75% of the time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CJ posted:

Looking at the logs the other tank was in his No Mercy burst window and never turned off Royal Guard so i guess he just immediately stole aggro back. I never even saw him change target on the nameplate so i thought it just didn't work.

yeah that is possible if he didnt shirk

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ugh.

I always feel bad when a group I'm in scares off a new player.

Queued up for trial roulette, got The Chrysalis. 1 person watching the cutscene, a bard. We do most the fight fine, but the bard uses LB3 too early, and every single person in chat complains. Like, I think the worst thing someone says is 'nooo why did you lb' but still, damage done. The bard DCs, we wipe (because people are bad at the mechanic we try to skip using LB3), we kick them and get a non-new player.

Sad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Imagine being a veteran and being bad enough at the game that you need melee lb3 to do the chrysalis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Ugh.

I always feel bad when a group I'm in scares off a new player.

Queued up for trial roulette, got The Chrysalis. 1 person watching the cutscene, a bard. We do most the fight fine, but the bard uses LB3 too early, and every single person in chat complains. Like, I think the worst thing someone says is 'nooo why did you lb' but still, damage done. The bard DCs, we wipe (because people are bad at the mechanic we try to skip using LB3), we kick them and get a non-new player.

Sad.

First time running it I was that guy, but the tanks immediately yelled at the person who called me out. Then they did the meteors while joking about how hard it was to stand in something so obvious.

The only hard part of that thing is knowing that buffs/debuffs get multiplied by 10 when you get sucked in, so you want to wait out the bleed and pop buffs. Who on earth would intentionally try to skip a phase where you get massive buffs to play with?