Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
SMB3 is the best video game of all time. I'm gonna act like I didn't just see you say it's worse than NSMBU lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

The Postman posted:

What Nintendo Switch game is everyone starting the year off with?

Downwell: I've already beaten the poo poo out of this game but it's so much fun that I come back to it a lot. It's like 2 dollars and if anyone itt doesn't own it, you're missing out big time

Wilmot's Warehouse: Another perfect little indie game

Mario Kart 8: adding 200cc was such a good decision. It's hard as gently caress, but I'm still having lots of fun trying to get perfect three stars on all of the cups. And if I have bad luck and get owned by items, it's also a blast trying to beat the nintendo ghosts on 200cc time trials.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

SMB3 is the best video game of all time. I'm gonna act like I didn't just see you say it's worse than NSMBU lmao.

take the shot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
NSMBU is butt ugly and sounds like poo poo but it controls perfectly and the level design is sublime it’s better than SMB3 in every way that counts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Zelda II

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

cheetah7071 posted:

getting a lot of mileage out of this image

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I promise you that any ranking of video games is a huge waste of time and only makes for tedious arguments.

Anyway, I think I'm having a great first day on the internet.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
All this Zelda talk is making me want to replay Switch Link's Awakening. I really enjoyed the art style (hoping they do Seasons/Ages at some point) and the music is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usa4iG1Lhqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoJlwOUHsf8

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The music is bad and the art style is also bad. Bye.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Link's Awakening is great and I love both versions but there is just something about it that attracts the most tedious possible people to declare it their favorite.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've started with Wilmot's Warehouse which is tetris-like and I'm going to beat Pikmin 3.

Polo-Rican posted:

Wilmot's Warehouse: Another perfect little indie game

I'm at like 68 items and it's starting to stress me out. Is there a fail-state? Can you just gently caress up a little bit but keep on trucking? I have no where to put things!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

SMB3 is the best video game of all time.

Finally, someone talking sense in this thread.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Nintendo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Do they even have any games coming out this year?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hatty posted:

Link to the past set the benchmark but has been outdone by nearly every 2D Zelda that came after it. Middle of the tier list is where it belongs

every 2D zelda, hmm? can you list them?

hatty posted:

NSMBU is butt ugly and sounds like poo poo but it controls perfectly and the level design is sublime it’s better than SMB3 in every way that counts

ah! i've being trolled 😩

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Spl3toon, Zelda, and Bayonetta 3 allegedly

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Do they even have any games coming out this year?

Dystopian Kirby looks cool and good.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

finally a tier list i can mostly agree with. samus returns is NOT on the same level as dread though. they made a lot of improvements

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Dystopian Kirby looks cool and good.

Is there a release date for this yet?

Not gonna lie. Very disappointed with Nintendo seeming to do the bare minimum this generation. They've sold boatloads of units but really haven't put out many games. 2 months away from the 5 year mark now and if you take out the Wii U stuff...there really isn't a lot there. It all started off so well, too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Any system with a brand new Metroid and Wario Ware is a success in my book

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Is botw2 out yet?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Waltzing Along posted:

Not gonna lie. Very disappointed with Nintendo seeming to do the bare minimum this generation. They've sold boatloads of units but really haven't put out many games. 2 months away from the 5 year mark now and if you take out the Wii U stuff...there really isn't a lot there. It all started off so well, too.

I share the same disappointment but I can see where they're coming from. They're printing money and have so much third party support. They can totally coast for a long time while still making mad stacks

But yeah with a few exceptions I haven't been thrilled with the first party offering the last two, three years. Nothing has gotten remotely close to Odyssey or breath of the wild

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

[eating a big pile of grey tasteless gruel] its not all about aesthetics, it actually tastes fantastic. far better than that gross stuff youre eating.

what everyone else is eating:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

yep sam.e very disappiointed with possibly the best line up of console titles since the ps2. an absolute disgrace, miyamoto MUST Answer for this with his head.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Seems like a bit of an extreme reaction to someone saying they don't absolute adore the last few years of first party Nintendo games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they should be killed

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Apocalypse Kirby is going to own.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Though yah I wouldn't say Nintendo is doing the bare minimum. They're just taking a long time to crank out botw caliber stuff, but their output has been consistent even w covid.

I just don't really wanna play Mario tennis or animal crossing, or loving Mario party 1 again jesus christ nintendo. Oh yeah Pokemon unite is trash tier poo poo and I expect Nintendo to focus more on these kind of monetization efforts

I do need to pick up dread n Luigi's mansion, so I have those to look forward to at least

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good first party games were pretty consistently released until the end of 2019 then something happened I forget what but that slowed development down. Very strange

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Just off the top of my head Nintendo has release on Switch

Mario Odyssey
Animal Crossing - New Horizon
BotW
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Wario Ware
Mario Maker 2
Splatoon 2
Metroid Dread

I’ll even include Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 because no one actually played those on WiiU

Along with the huge amount of third party support Switch has gotten compared to even the Wii, it baffles me how some goons can say “man the Switch is a huge disappointment there are no games” especially compared to the WiiU or even Wii.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

they should be killed

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm fine with Metroid Prime 4, BotW2, and Bayonetta 3 taking forever if they'd just give me Metroid Prime Trilogy as an appetizer.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Just off the top of my head Nintendo has release on Switch

Mario Odyssey
Animal Crossing - New Horizon
BotW
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Wario Ware
Mario Maker 2
Splatoon 2
Metroid Dread

I’ll even include Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 because no one actually played those on WiiU

Along with the huge amount of third party support Switch has gotten compared to even the Wii, it baffles me how some goons can say “man the Switch is a huge disappointment there are no games” especially compared to the WiiU or even Wii.

Those aren't bad titles per say but it leaves a lot lacking for people who like meaty single player experiences. Half of those games are multiplayer focused or party games

I'm excited to get wario ware and can't wait to see his salty garlic infused ballsack slap around on my OLED screen but yep weekend party game that won't probably get much play time after

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the switch possibly has the most representation of all nintendo ips of any of their consoles, including things that were dead like 2d metroid, so of course someone here believes this to be a huge disappointment, porabably because the pleasure center of their brain has been worn down by repeated exposure to sony games

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

KingSlime posted:

They're just taking a long time to crank out botw caliber stuff, but their output has been consistent even w covid.

how long should it take to "crank out botw calibur stuff"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

there is a dire lack of games with 500 cutscenes of miserable people yelling. nintendo 👏 must 👏 do 👏 better 👏

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Switch has Mario Golf, Dread, and BotW

It's the best console ever by such an absurd margin there's not even a counterexample any sane person could offer.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

b_d posted:

how long should it take to "crank out botw calibur stuff"

Idk man I'm a consumer not my uncle

Speaking of someone who wants to spend money buying new video games , there are no shortage of awesome new single games in every other platform. But yeah a lot of that is third party stuff to be fair.

For the switch If I want a cool new single player experience, I mostly have tons of old Indies as my go to. Thank gently caress for SMTV though, finally feels like I got a new proper switch game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

there is a dire lack of games with 500 cutscenes of miserable people yelling.

I thought Ocarina and Majora were on the Switch now though???