Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Max is bringing up some rather troubling reports of actual fascism in the Ukraine that the Biden administration is ramping up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1475633693423280135

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He also saw a big rear end before he died, yet the media omits this.

A hidden camera captured his last moments

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A hidden camera captured his last moments

I love that Pacino supposedly genuinely startled Hank Azaria with this take, so his reaction is genuine.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews...ingawful.com%2F

Chinese media agrees with Max

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Carlos Tejada's twitter account was taken private, but I got this preview from a google search:

quote:

“The Chinese now do not have confidence in the vaccines produced in China. ... They can't make baby powder why would we trust them with vaccines.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chinese media is a messy bitch who loves drama and I'm here for it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hahaha god drat

night slime
May 14, 2014
One of his Instagram photos was him bragging about signing medical documents in a language he didn't understand and using translation software to look at them. Don't want to poo poo on a dead guy but uhh maybe some common sense could have saved you

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

hardcore, lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Im also glad this stupid bitch died OP

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1476768115824504834?s=21

lmao how is he so loving stupid

0.5 ifr. no biggy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Americans are more comorbidities than people at this point.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'm a fat goon max i don't wanna die

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Max "good brains" Blumenthal

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30.5 Days posted:

I'm a fat goon max i don't wanna die

cause if i do ***whoo boy**** (((((check total)))))

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Americans are more comorbidities than people at this point.

living in America is a comorbidity

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Starting to think max is a broke brained opportunistic dipshit at this point. Ames called it.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Southpaugh posted:

Starting to think max is a broke brained opportunistic dipshit at this point. Ames called it.

It’s sad to see because Max’s book on Israel Palestine was part of my movement away from trusting official narratives and trusting corporate media in general but he’s always been a bitter contrarian and so it’s not surprising at all

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Max should slay his inner liberal and embrace marxism.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

brugroffil posted:

Max "comorbities" Blumenthal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/wvgazettemail/s...ingawful.com%2F

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Just a cursed surname, it seems.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

living in America is a comorbidity

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1476708727747190788

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ben's right

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hmm.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

The gang passive aggressively subtweets one another.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously cannot agree more. America needs to stop backing these traitors and leave EE to its own devices.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1478134867837788166

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol @ lovely central european states sucking up to the staggering bleeding US empire

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

One of my favourite coup reasons is when eastern european countries buy gas from other eastern european countries that have lots of gas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Southpaugh posted:

lol @ lovely central european states sucking up to the staggering bleeding US empire

Allegedly (;)) a lot of America's relationship with European states are based on secret treaties that mean we can basically get them to surrender their sovereignty whenever we want.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Southpaugh posted:

Wasn't he on RWN fairly recently?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

brugroffil posted:

Wasn't he on RWN fairly recently?

Yes he was on last year but he was talking about Israel.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Allegedly (;)) a lot of America's relationship with European states are based on secret treaties that mean we can basically get them to surrender their sovereignty whenever we want.

I've heard a bit about this and I really, really want to know more

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Russian troll farm posted:

I've heard a bit about this and I really, really want to know more

I don't think we can know anything, really. Like, how are you going to FOIA a document that doesn't officially exist? It took the Bolsheviks seizing Russian archives for the world to find out about the secret treaties around WW1.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
max wrote a book about ugly republicans that made him a darling of the early obama democrat commentariat and he used all that clout and goodwill to write a book detailing Israel's crimes so he is always cool in my book

tired of covid discourse in general so i dont pay attention to anything he says about it. very easy

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mameluke posted:

The KKKabal wants us to play Pathologic!

HBomberGuy is one of the few people who didn't bitch out and tell people to vote for liberals.

To bad his Facebook group is filled with people that do that and swallow State Department bullshit on face value

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer12 posted:

max wrote a book about ugly republicans that made him a darling of the early obama democrat commentariat and he used all that clout and goodwill to write a book detailing Israel's crimes so he is always cool in my book

tired of covid discourse in general so i dont pay attention to anything he says about it. very easy

They've done a good job of keeping the covid crankery off the Moderate Rebels podcast, so I really don't have to care about Max's opinions on that. The new episode also has Michael Hudson on to talk about the Fed's secret bailout in 2019, how the inflation crisis is a result of monopoly power rather than monetary, and why central banks are dropping dollars in favor of gold reserves. it's because the USA is loving up international finance

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think we can know anything, really. Like, how are you going to FOIA a document that doesn't officially exist? It took the Bolsheviks seizing Russian archives for the world to find out about the secret treaties around WW1.

So I followed up a little on this. I found an article from a couple years ago on Lawfare blog where the guy used FOIA to uncover evidence of secret treaties but not their contents.

quote:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/new-evidence-secret-international-agreements

It is true that certain fragments of evidence exist in open sources: A 2001 Senate Foreign Relations Committee Print indicates that at least 9 percent of nontreaty agreements transmitted to Congress from 1978 to 1999 were classified. Based on an interview with Senate Foreign Relations Committee staff, Oona Hathaway reported in 2009 that “[b]etween five and fifteen percent of current executive agreements are classified as secret.” And in 2016, Elizabeth Goitein used FOIA to reveal that the executive branch entered a minimum of 807 unpublished agreements—both classified and unclassified—from 2004 through 2014.

But there are still many unknowns. We don’t know how often the United States has entered classified agreements since 2009, the degree to which this form of secrecy has ebbed and flowed across administrations, whether recent practice is in line with historical norms, or the relative frequency with which the State Department relies on each of the various statutory grounds to block publication. Nor do we know much about the content of classified agreements, the foreign parties who enter them or the federal agencies who oversee U.S. implementation.

Basically, the US is doing secret diplomacy all the time and we have no idea who it's with or what it's about.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

paul_soccer12 posted:

It's so awful, every thread becomes completely unreadable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Michael Hudson said something at the end of the new episode about Bitcoin that I hadn't heard before, but which makes perfect sense. Established financial firms are getting into bitcoin because they're betting on crime being the real growth industry - and the more drug trading & etc., there is the more demand there will be for cryptocoin. So everybody has to buy in now to cash in on the wave of crime.