Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I give Lee Majors better odds than me right now

I don’t have Covid, I’ve just been eating questionably old stuff out of the fridge all week because I don’t wanna go out to the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've tried for 2 days now to get a RAT and can't find one. Only minor symptoms like fatigue and sinus stuff but I'm still working out every day - I just need a nap after for a good hour. I just told my parents I'll see em in 10 days and I'm ordering groceries instead of going out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

It was inevitable the chat thread would lose more than pets and relatives.

Please don’t be that guy.

This gave me the willies.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I KILLED MEG GET REKT BITCH

:toot: Level 2 boss is pretty easy. Level 3 is lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

:toot: Level 2 boss is pretty easy. Level 3 is lol

I haven't tried yet but I've heard the level 2 boss gets hard as poo poo if you turn on extreme measures

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I haven't played Hades since last spring but I've got a buddy who still messages me once or twice a month to let me know what heat level he's up to. We don't talk about anything else, just that.

e: He is up to heat 45 and can complete a run in 10 minutes, if anyone is interested

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m up to Hitman 3 now

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Intruder posted:

I haven't tried yet but I've heard the level 2 boss gets hard as poo poo if you turn on extreme measures

Yeah. It’s not so much how much harder the boss gets as it is how the space for the fight changes. You’ve got to be real careful with your dashes or otherwise you’re constantly on fire.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

General Dog posted:

I’m up to Hitman 3 now

I got it for Christmas. Probably won't have time to play it for a while.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I haven’t gotten any higher than 8 and I didn’t see a change that I can remember but the Meg fight change is pretty fun.

I will absolutely not use the Pact that has traps/fire give 400% damage though

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Hades is not nearly as deep of a game as I thought it would be based on the hype. It is fun, but there are so few different enemies, bosses, and biomes that it feels like it is getting repetitive super fast. With that said I am also pretty bad where I can get to the final boss 90% of the time, but I only win 10% of the time. At first I disliked the bow but now the second bow seems to be the easiest for me to win with.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

A few of the modifiers are free rolls or free rolls with certain weapons, but never ever take the Trap modifier. The last area will wreck you, and if it doesn't then one of the end-run boss's attacks counts as a trap and will wreck (the jars that turn into spooky hands when they break)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pain of Mind posted:

Hades is not nearly as deep of a game as I thought it would be based on the hype. It is fun, but there are so few different enemies, bosses, and biomes that it feels like it is getting repetitive super fast. With that said I am also pretty bad where I can get to the final boss 90% of the time, but I only win 10% of the time. At first I disliked the bow but now the second bow seems to be the easiest for me to win with.

So I thought the same thing with regard to the enemies but as you add on Pacts they do change and start having different attacks and fight strategies. The sprites don’t change a lot so that’s annoying yeah

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My wife and I started watching the Korean dating show Singles Inferno on Netflix. It’s pretty good, and I am so amused at how the contestants are seemingly obsessed with iced Americanos. The first scene where the 1 guy and 2 girls go on a date and get served americanos had me dying on the floor, their pleasure was so immense

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Watching the most recent Expanse episode and god drat, Drummer is such a great character. One of the best on the show, possibly the best.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dango Bango posted:

He's seriously pushing manufacturing in Florida? Lmao what a loving dumbass (not that that's news).

It's absolutely not reasonable to have a manufacturing facility in the state. It costs way too much overhead you're never going to escape.

It's mostly coming to north florida. They're building amazon warehouses and poo poo out here because there's lots of poor people to staff them for poverty wages.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

I think I’m gonna attempt to make Macarons this weekend.

I am already accepting complete and total failure.

I didn't think they were that hard to make. Just be sure to let the cookies dry out a bit before you bake them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

My wife and I started watching the Korean dating show Singles Inferno on Netflix. It’s pretty good, and I am so amused at how the contestants are seemingly obsessed with iced Americanos. The first scene where the 1 guy and 2 girls go on a date and get served americanos had me dying on the floor, their pleasure was so immense

I was sure I knew what an Americano was in that it’s just espresso with water and it makes it so much funnier because they’re probably getting more excited about the name than they are the drink.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/pangmeli/status/1478801065394978816?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is some bullshit.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kemp (GA’s governor) is pushing for the ability to carry a gun in public without a license or background check if you wonder why shootings in Georgia suddenly went up in the next few months.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

This is some bullshit.

Where the gently caress do you live? North Alaska?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I haven’t gotten any higher than 8 and I didn’t see a change that I can remember but the Meg fight change is pretty fun.

You have to set it to level 2 extreme measures. Level 3 changes theseus and level 4 changes Hades. Theseus zooming around the arena in a chariot, that's gonna be rough when I get there

I really, really don't like the bow. It's just so slow and I like to fight at a frenetic pace so the fists and spear are both great for me

e: the traps thing seems pretty brutal for just one heat level

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 6, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

North Dakota.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

North Dakota.

Why are there two Dakotas?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Why are there two Dakotas?

Was one territory, south half was basically sorta civilization and the north half was weirdo proto-libertarians, criminals and snow farmers. Some con-man moves the capital way up north and so a bunch of wealthy families who owned all the poo poo by the train lines in the south said gently caress you and made their own state.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

Was one territory, south half was basically sorta civilization and the north half was weirdo proto-libertarians, criminals and snow farmers. Some con-man moves the capital way up north and so a bunch of wealthy families who owned all the poo poo by the train lines in the south said gently caress you and made their own state.

Yeah that's 4 senators representing like 50,000 people and California has 2 senators representing 40 million

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Braksgirl posted:

I didn't think they were that hard to make. Just be sure to let the cookies dry out a bit before you bake them.

I agree. I think the idea that they’re difficult to make comes from people who want to make them perfect with the good looking foot and everything. If you’re fine with them not looking like the 4-dollar cookies you buy at a bakery or whatever they’re easy enough.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Freaquency posted:

Cases are absolutely off the charts right now. In CO we’ve blown past the max cases per day during last winter‘s surge by like 70 percent. The good news is that if we take South Africa as a bellwether we’ll have another few weeks of bad cases and then it’ll tumble back down. They also didn’t report an appreciable increase in deaths, so fingers crossed that that bears out here.

One of my students from CO was leaving for Switzerland on the 3rd. RIght before that a fire rips through his neighborhood, necessitating evacuation and interrupting electricity and water service once he got back to try and get ready. Then he tried to get a covid test which you need to travel internationally and after waiting in line for four hours got one, but of course the results didn't come in time. He went to the airport super early hoping to get a test there but was in line for three hours and THOSE results didn't come quickly enough for him to catch his flight. Tons of flights being canceled and changed as well. What a freaking mess it's been.

My girlfriend got sick over the holidays as well. It's almost certainly not covid, because my little nephew had something that he passed to my dad and my sister (confirmed to not be covid) so I think it's that. But without knowing for sure she waited in a line of cars for three hours to get a test Sunday night, so that we could find out and not put anyone in the workplace at risk.

The results still haven't come despite it being supposed to take 48 hours, and me being with her all holidays I can't go into the office either. I think the office might think I'm pulling some bullshit but I'm not, testing infrastructure is just completely hosed right now. Frankly it's an absolute joke, this far into this poo poo we should not be having problems like this.

Stay safe buds

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Another reason why there's two dakotas is +2 non-southern states, which continued to be important to the balance of the Senate after the civil war.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
The "traps" Extreme Measure in Hades is, fittingly, itself a trap. Only one heat and it can absolutely wreck you with little warning later on. I think my records are like 9 minutes (on 0 heat) and 36-38 heat, though I don't have my Switch with me right now to double check

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Skwirl posted:

No, north Alaska is colder than that currently.

https://twitter.com/NWSFairbanks/status/1478817274936979458

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Another reason why there's two dakotas is +2 non-southern states, which continued to be important to the balance of the Senate after the civil war.

I'd say the south thoroughly lost that particular balancing act since the Dakotas were states 3 and 4 of nine-straight northern states lol. I'd never thought about the choice to absolutely rinse the southerners with northern states

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The best thing about the Halo Infinite campaign is the plasma weapon autoswap to higher energy levels. I've been waiting since Halo 1 for that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I KILLED MEG GET REKT BITCH

congrats, just keep digging at it. you will get better and that fight will get so much easier.

C-Euro posted:

A few of the modifiers are free rolls or free rolls with certain weapons, but never ever take the Trap modifier. The last area will wreck you, and if it doesn't then one of the end-run boss's attacks counts as a trap and will wreck (the jars that turn into spooky hands when they break)

yeah, there's Pacts I absolutely have not touched at all. that is definitely one of them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

harperdc posted:

congrats, just keep digging at it. you will get better and that fight will get so much easier.

yeah she eventually becomes trivial

*has not done extreme measures yet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Play posted:

My girlfriend got sick over the holidays as well. It's almost certainly not covid, because my little nephew had something that he passed to my dad and my sister (confirmed to not be covid) so I think it's that. But without knowing for sure she waited in a line of cars for three hours to get a test Sunday night, so that we could find out and not put anyone in the workplace at risk.

The results still haven't come despite it being supposed to take 48 hours, and me being with her all holidays I can't go into the office either. I think the office might think I'm pulling some bullshit but I'm not, testing infrastructure is just completely hosed right now. Frankly it's an absolute joke, this far into this poo poo we should not be having problems like this.

Stay safe buds

My aunt and uncle are currently sick with something their doc called viral that isn't covid. My uncle tested negative and my aunt just recovered from actually having covid.

There's some weird stuff out there this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'd say the south thoroughly lost that particular balancing act since the Dakotas were states 3 and 4 of nine-straight northern states lol. I'd never thought about the choice to absolutely rinse the southerners with northern states

Yeah. Reconstruction fell apart within ten years anyway. We learned a bit (pretty superficial, but a bit) about the civil war in grade school; I don't recall any time being spent on the post-war period, particularly the politics of the time. But whooooo boy did they suck.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Reconstruction is one of the most undercovered and untaught periods of US history.

That's not by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The best thing about the Halo Infinite campaign is the plasma weapon autoswap to higher energy levels. I've been waiting since Halo 1 for that.
I played for like ten minutes at my buddy's and had no idea this is what was happening, I was so confused and kept trying to pick up new ones but never remembered to check the previous energy level