Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

He couldn't read/remember any lines, had to have everything dubbed over in post, and demanded chicken caesar salads whenever he showed up.

what a pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When asked why he even became an actor, he said he looked up a list of the highest paying jobs and figured that would be the easiest one. He's like the Kevin Nash of acting.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

NienNunb posted:

Oh god, what have I done?

drat, devastating

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ganso Bomb posted:

This reminds me of a story Scott Aukerman told on Comedy Bang Bang about Tiny Lister being the most miserable person he's ever worked with before. He couldn't read/remember any lines, had to have everything dubbed over in post, and demanded chicken caesar salads whenever he showed up.

Would there have been many lines in No Holds Barred? or even The Dark Knight?...they could always write his lines on cue cards.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

Would there have been many lines in No Holds Barred? or even The Dark Knight?...they could always write his lines on cue cards.

He apparently couldn't/wouldn't read off of cue cards either. But hey, No Holds Barred was a hit for him and all he had to do was grunt and grimace his way into a SummerSlam main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

There were a ton of lines in No Holds Barred!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A Comedy Bang Bang wrestling promotion.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ganso Bomb posted:

Are there any other Steiner children and do they also wrestle? Bron loving rules and I hope he escapes the WWE orbit one day so I can see him wrestle good matches somewhere else some day, and it'd be doubly cool if a new Steiner tag team ran roughshod over a promotion.

it rules because when he joins AEW he can have his real name and it'll blow the roof off

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ganso Bomb posted:

He apparently couldn't/wouldn't read off of cue cards either.

Man!! Learning so many incredible things about Lister today.

quote:

I really don't remember any of what he said but it's been years since I 've seen the movie, to be honest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

I really don't remember any of what he said but it's been years since I 've seen the movie, to be honest.

It's a cocaine joke.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Oh man I have a Fire Pro goal now.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Too many technicality no down boo over finishes

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Let it play out. Bron's going to go through a year-long storyline where he's actively fighting the urge to go full-on Steiner. He starts developing tics about FAT ASSES and coming from a highly educated university, eventually embracing the Rex Steiner persona by defeating Grayson Waller and Duncan Gridstone in a Shoney's Street Fight at NXT: March Mayhem (sponsored by Blackwater).

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

Too many technicality no down boo over finishes

Also, NOBODY BEATS THE GRIZZ!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

TV Zombie posted:

If you listen to the late Robin Harris's one stand-up album (the one that spawned "BeBe's Kids"), there are several spots where he goes off on an audience member nicknamed "Tiny" like telling him "I heard you got a lot of money...when you write a check, the bank bounces" and "I'm pissed off with Tiny...took me to that church in Compton. Didn't have an organ player, they had a piccolo player."

That was Tom "Tiny" Lister he was roasting, telling him "head lookin' like some shaved monkey nuts" :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I like how Rick had to reassure Bron that he wasn't gonna suplex him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Let it play out. Bron's going to go through a year-long storyline where he's actively fighting the urge to go full-on Steiner. He starts developing tics about FAT ASSES and coming from a highly educated university, eventually embracing the Rex Steiner persona by defeating Grayson Waller and Duncan Gridstone in a Shoney's Street Fight at NXT: March Mayhem (sponsored by Blackwater).

look i know wrestling is a work and all but he went to Kennesaw State, some things can't be stretched that far

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

Not in the CBB universe, but a weirdo comedy wrestling thing exists: https://twitter.com/xtremelyserious

Featuring the story of Shawn from Michaels:
https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1445821708687056899

Fun sidenote, the clips with Colt Cabana, Rhino, Sean Waltman, and Jon Hamm were from an episode of The Chris Gethard Show that some friends and I were at. It loving ruled.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ganso Bomb posted:

Fun sidenote, the clips with Colt Cabana, Rhino, Sean Waltman, and Jon Hamm were from an episode of The Chris Gethard Show that some friends and I were at. It loving ruled.

Vacation Jason is one of the finest heels of all time.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Chris Gethard Show was the best talk show, if you’ve never seen it watch the episode called One Man’s Trash. Don’t read anything about it, don’t look at thumbnails just trust me.

E: here https://youtu.be/Nwi_kE0gy94

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 5, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Booker T used to be so cool

https://twitter.com/BookerT5x/status/1478537374921641984?t=z8snonPjF94-oDd1GKALJg&s=19

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

The Chris Gethard Show was the best talk show, if you’ve never seen it watch the episode called One Man’s Trash. Don’t read anything about it, don’t look at thumbnails just trust me.

E: here https://youtu.be/Nwi_kE0gy94

The best wrestling related episodes of The Gethard Show are

135: where Eddie Kingston cuts promos for an hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV55TroABA

and

Fight for the Fish: The episode that features John Hamm, Rhino, Sean Waltman, Pat Buck, Colt Cabana all doing goofy comedy wrestling stuff (also Tim Dillon because Gethard was, at the time, obsessed with trying to prove that right wing comedians could work his type of crowds if they were funny enough. It blew up right in his face!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8awydCqNxQ

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 5, 2022

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

Fight for the Fish: The episode that features John Hamm, Rhino, Sean Waltman, Pat Buck, Colt Cabana all doing goofy comedy wrestling stuff (also Tim Dillon because Gethard was, at the time, obsessed with trying to prove that right wing comedians could work his type of crowds if they were funny enough. It blew up right in his face!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8awydCqNxQ

Hey, there we are in the front row in the masks with our friend in the snWoing shirt!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol hello fellow TCGS/wrestle people…I was also a wrestler in XSW 2019-2021 essentially up till the pandemic killed us!!! I got to be in a rumble match with Orange Cassidy! What a wild time to be alive!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1478848436820656128

:unsmith:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

The line I remember most from No Holds Barred is when the dude from LA Law who was playing the baddie calls Hulk Hogan a "Jock-rear end"

Which little kid me thought was hilarious. Sadly that word did not find it's way into my everyday vocabulary, and I am much the poorer for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best line in No Holds Barred was "doooooookiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best line in No Holds Barred was the theme song fight me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUdslSdQdk8

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i made my poor parents shell out for the "the match the movie" ppv

right around the dookie part my dad turned to me and said "the cage match better be loving worth it"

it was not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Johnny, pretty much everyone credits him for raiding the indies and helping kill off the British scene.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Knowing what we do now about the british wrestling scene maybe regal did a good thing in killing it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Nah Jim Smallman and Mark Dallas killed the British scene by selling out their largely successful companies to churn out empty warehouse shows for Peacock.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah it was Regal convincing people to sign contracts that definitely wouldn’t stop them working elsewhere don’t worry, until they did, until they somehow didn’t again, until covid and noncing gave it a final double-tap.

It felt like 2/3rds of the big names in the country suddenly vanished from local cards at one point, and since it’s such a tiny lovely plague island it was felt all over since it’s not a stretch for someone to work at opposite ends of the country in one weekend.

Pete Dunne wasn’t allowed to wrestle for his own company for a while there, for fucks sake.

Edit: and yet he was still constantly licking boots throughout, which goes to show how brokebrains some wrestlers are about having those 3 letters they grew up with on their CV I guess.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 6, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Seams posted:

Knowing what we do now about the british wrestling scene maybe regal did a good thing in killing it

I'm not going to shed any tears for the death of a wrestling scene that was apparently comprised largely of sex pests, nonces, and Tories (but I repeat myself)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its funny how every nice tweet about a brutal wwe firing from a current/recent wwe employee has the vague scent of blaming you, the malcontent fan

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

That DICK! posted:

its funny how every nice tweet about a brutal wwe firing from a current/recent wwe employee has the vague scent of blaming you, the malcontent fan

As we all know, everything wrong with WWE is the direct fault of Fickle Fans who don't just sit there and love whatever's put in front of them

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm not going to shed any tears for the death of a wrestling scene that was apparently comprised largely of sex pests, nonces, and Tories (but I repeat myself)

I have some bad news for you re: wrestling

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I have some bad news for you re: wrestling

Oh I know, that's why I've largely given up on it in general except for AEW :)

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh I know, that's why I've largely given up on it in general except for AEW :)

i have some bad news for you re: aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Do not even ask posted:

i have some bad news for you re: aew

Well crap :mad: